This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At The Collective - The New American Banker

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, July 27, 2006

At The Collective - The New American Banker


I loved this guys take on the "American Banker" look. I had seen him later in the day and his bowtie was still perfectly askew.

Comments on "At The Collective - The New American Banker"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 PM) : 

I like the length of his pant cuffs. Luciano Barbera said that Europeans maybe wear pants too short and Americans too long and that's why he chose to wear his with a "mid-Atlantic" length. It seems that this gentleman pulls off that length with ease.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:03 PM) : 

I think his suit looks ill-fitting.

 

Blogger Alex said ... (8:04 PM) : 

as a former American banker, I wish I had dressed this well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:20 PM) : 

I love the length of his pants and his crooked bowtie. This could have very easily made him look like Steve Erkel, but the slim, one-button suit really makes him look sharp.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

I think I'm in love.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 PM) : 

I've never seen an Asian man wearing a bow tie. He has a great look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 AM) : 

Wow, he is like the stylized version of a man who works in Silicon Valley.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 AM) : 

Something about the suit makes it look askew. I saw quite a few bowties at the Collective. In fact, I wore one on Sunday myself!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 AM) : 

Well, I'm an Asian man that wears bowties regularly...

 

Blogger Sissy said ... (2:44 AM) : 

Love the bow tie with that leather bag! Oh and the glasses! Oh and the hair style! Oh and the pose!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 AM) : 

It wasn't a racial thing that I said I had never seen an Asian man wearing a bow tie....it's just that I haven't. And it looks good on him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 AM) : 

Love the tote with the suit. Gives him a relaxed attitude. I wish more guys would wear leather totes instead of stiff briefcases or those horrible black nylon computer cases.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Of the men I know who wear bow ties, most seem to be either doctors or lawyers. My stepdad (Asian) is one. He has salt-and-pepper hair and a mustache. So cute!

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (2:18 PM) : 

"American Banker"?
I guess because his outfit looks like an old-school banker and b/c I only know what American bankers look like since I'm American.

Is there something about this look that screams Canadian to you?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 PM) : 

What an adorable (and polished and professional) look. The bag he's carrying reminds me of a leather bag that L.L. Bean used to carry. I think it was called a "log tote" or some fancifully rustic name like that.

To digress, years ago, L.L. Bean made a very simple cotton backpack that came in red, and possibly green. It was wonderful. Why they stopped making it I'll never understand.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 PM) : 

It would be a funny coincidence if this fellow is Canadian because one of the most stylish men I know happens to be Asian-Canadian. He's more of the vintage-tie-with-tie-bar type than a bowtie wearer, however.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

This fellows name is Kenny and happens to be Japanese.
He is a highly respectable buyer from the Japanese Store called Beams.
He has an incredible eye and incredible style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:39 PM) : 

not liking the hair, but the outfit overall suits very well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 PM) : 

His hair is so cute ! Looks like my hair =)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting