This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

My Photo Shoot for Menswear Magazine

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, July 28, 2006

My Photo Shoot for Menswear Magazine

So yesterday I was on the other side of the camera having my portrait taken for Menswear magazine. Since they wanted my camera in the shot I thought I would just shoot while I was being shot - confusing?

Makeup - Actually this is not the makeup they used on me. My makeup was by a company called Sherwin-Williams? I don't know much about makeup but they said it gave me a shiny coat and that it won't chip or peel in the most extreme conditions!
This is me after makeup but before changing into my Bob Mackie Original gown!
I never go anywhere without my softbox and scrim. Didn't Veerland say something like "beauty is all in the lighting" ?
The lovely photographer Deborah Feingold and Tom Beebe quietly discussing how to get out of this shoot after reviewing a few of the first shots
The doggy that did wonders to bring a sense of calm and joy to the shoot.

Comments on "My Photo Shoot for Menswear Magazine"

 

Blogger ek said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Can you tell us a little more about your shooting setups. For example, what type of softbox using hot lamps? What material is the scrim? How about a post about the technicalities of shooting fashion? This is sometimes more interesting to me than the models or clothes they're wearing.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Very cute. I like the reference to shooting, while being shot. The ultimate auteur!!

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (2:13 PM) : 

I love your wry sense of humor and your ability to poke fun at yourself. Fun is fun, but you are a stunning guy, so give yourself a break.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 PM) : 

Ok ok, this is terribly inappropriate, but you look like you might be pretty cute behind that camera lens, y'know. That's you in the blue shirt? Perhaps more of the photos on your blog should be self-portraits!

Found you via the Slate piece...great blog. Makes me miss NYC.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

I think I love you.

Sherwin Williams!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:49 PM) : 

i think you're adorable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 PM) : 

aw what a cute doggy.

 

Anonymous buy leather biker jacket online said ... (6:18 AM) : 

HI,I REALLY LIKE UR POST ,ITS ,really too GOOD

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting