This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street........Midtown, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, July 28, 2006

On The Street........Midtown, New York

I guess this goes back to the slim shorts questions. A lot of you mentioned just cutting off pants which is what this gentleman has appeared to do and looks great. Another appearance of Top-Siders in the City.

Comments on "On The Street........Midtown, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM) : 

The cut off pants look great. He has pretty good legs too, But his shirt looks like he shrunk it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

that man is hotness personified!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

thought lovely

here in Brazil u can see some of them (just) on Rio

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

He is perfection!
Shorts are the perfect length and he must have cut them to show off his perfect legs.
The belt and the layered tees look fresh.
The topsiders look so right!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

i feel like i see a lot of topsiders in brooklyn. williamsburg and park slope. ponder that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

It is great to see the re-emergence of the slim cut. But I do not know what Top-Spiders are. Explain?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 AM) : 

Topsiders are the shoes.

 

Blogger FishrCutB8 said ... (11:59 AM) : 

Not related to this post in particular: I just wanted to say I wore a pair of brown shoes with a gray suit for the first time ever. I did it with confidence, and it looked GREAT! I never would have done it without this place--thanks for the boost.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

This is really fun for me to see! I grew up outside NYC in the 60's and we wore this exact outfit! I then wore it again in the 80's during the Ralph Lauren lead preppy revival. I better look in my closet and see if I still have my beat-up topsiders.......

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

In response to Jeff, presumably the above poster, topsiders are the shoes the man is wearing. They can be referred to as boat shoes and they are either leather or canvas and feature a rubber sole. And, as far as I know, they must also have laces fed through 2 (maybe three) eyelets, for this is what distinguishes them from bulky car shoes. Hope that helps.

 

Blogger City Slicker said ... (12:38 PM) : 

I am not sure he is perfection? Niot bad at all though. Slim shorts are in. Baggy are dated now. Liek the rest of fashion. Still though men please no sandals, we don't want to see your feet - anytime, anywhere
Cityslicker

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:45 PM) : 

Perfect length for him.. you get a little peek at the quads (very nice ones, btw) but you're not getting the entire thigh. It helps that he has slim, but very athletic legs.

This is definitely inspiring me to ditch some of my longer cargo shorts next spring. I have plenty of khakis that could undergo a little chop job.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 PM) : 

Topsiders are a casual shoe made for sailing. The shoe the gentleman is wearing are indeed topsiders. I love his shorts and the belt but that shirt looks comical. I think it is infact his girlfriends shirt.

 

Blogger Eva said ... (1:27 PM) : 

I love your works! Your photos are increible!.I`m a spanish girl, sorry for my mistakes!
I like that your visit my site:
CHICandCHOC.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Cláudia [ACV] said ... (1:44 PM) : 

Isn't that Romain Duris, the french actor? He sure looks uncannily like him...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 PM) : 

Hmmm. I think Romain Duris is too hirsute and malin to be that guy. And would a French guy really know how to work top-siders? I'm not crazy about the gf's outfit, but great hair and makeup!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 PM) : 

Personally, am not fond of topsider(sounds like a cut of beef to us Down Under)/boat/deckshoes; but love love love the shirt and vest combo, not to mention the belt as point of interest. Sandals? As long as they're not the hideous ones with velcro straps that so many tourists wear ... Have you seen Dries Van Noten's latest? They're scrumptious!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 PM) : 

Dull, Dull, Dull .... So American, so boring!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

Love those Top-SIders, I think it is the Louis Vuitton americas cup shoes! Bought them myself last august, and loved them but now that they'ven been roughed up a year they look even better. His look in total is so cool. A prep turned surfer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:56 PM) : 

I'm pretty sure he's wearing the "cotton twill" short from Club Monaco. They have a whole line of slimmish-cut shorts with that freshly-cut-pant-leg look. They've also got slimmish-cut shorts in seer sucker, available in either a light greyish-mint stripe, dark navy stripe, or taupe stripe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:50 PM) : 

'A prep turned surfer' ? I live in Malibu & sure as hell never witnessed anyone on the beach dressed like that .... He's dressed so boring & shows no individuality - I mean, 1/2 of N.Y is walking around dressed like that ... the outfits pictured are in no way interesting ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

The problem with topsiders without socks is that they make your feet stink to high heaven.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 PM) : 

His pants are great. I'm a five seven female and I've had to resort to cutting my pants. I'm glad you've found someone else who has to (and looks good doing it).

I also love what she's wearing. I'm inspired all the way around.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 AM) : 

"he's dressed so boring & shows no individuality - I mean, 1/2 of N.Y is walking around dressed like that ... the outfits pictured are in no way interesting ..."

I have to agree with this comment. There seems to be such a love fest on this site that the act of actually being critical has often been lost. This couple, while cute together, is not distinct in any way in terms of fashion. This is cookie cutter fashion at its best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:41 AM) : 

p.s. I should have been more succinct. They look like a Gap/Old Navy advertisement.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (7:53 AM) : 

to New Yorker

two things
first, this site is about style not the newest fashion but since you bring up fashion when you see the buyer of Collette at the Juyna Watanabe show dressed just like this guy then maybe this guy is more fashionable that you realize.

second, if you read the post I was mentioning that this went back to an earlier post and discussion of slim shorts and how to buy and or alter shorts to get a slimmer line.

What too many people do is look at a whole outfit and say "yes" or "no" instead of looking at the items and what they can pull from it.

finally I have to disagree that half of New York looks like this - if they did my blog would be a lot bigger

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 PM) : 

I had a dream last night that this guy was my boyfriend. That is how influential a fashion blog can be!

 

Blogger 'signorina' said ... (9:20 PM) : 

I agree that he looks cute but, as a Sydney-sider, topsiders/"boat shoes" (as we tend to call them) have a very specific association for me: they are worn by boring, conservative boys from two geographical areas in the city, and they often go hand-in-hand with polo shirts (collars turned up) and chinos. Unfortunately the boring and arrogant persona of a lot of those men has influenced me to the point where I assume this cute gentleman must be tarred with the same brush, simply by wearing similar shoes.

Would have preferred his vibe if he was wearing Converse. But that's just me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 AM) : 

that guy's HOT! unfortunately, his girlfriend is really pretty :/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 AM) : 

i know him. he works in fashion. djs too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:07 AM) : 

The girl's outfit is very "American Eagle." B-o-r-i-n-g. Unintresting and uninspired. Cute shoes though... and she's pretty!

 

Blogger Dwight Supremacy said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Yeah, hot boy. Cute girl. Love his outfit, even the shrunken polo-type shirt. I need to go on a diet.

 

Blogger Mariana said ... (10:40 AM) : 

love the green belt and the shorts!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting