This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.......The Way Casual Friday Should Look

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, July 31, 2006

On The Street.......The Way Casual Friday Should Look


so we will try this again!

Comments on "On The Street.......The Way Casual Friday Should Look"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 PM) : 

Just started visiting your blog. Love it. I guess this look (shoes & belt) is okay because he is traveling? If we may offer our own critique, I vote for a sharp leather loafer and belt in a shade similar to his bag...

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (1:48 PM) : 

I love the fact that something that was a major pain to me (like problems loading photos ) has helped me find a way to make the blog better.

People have asked for photos to be a little bigger but I'm not a tech guy so I didn't have an answer and my images didn't seem that much smaller than other blogs but this was a big help - again thanks

I will have to test run it a while to see if there are any side effects but hopefully i can continue with this

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (2:06 PM) : 

Absolutely agree. Simple, casual, earthy colours - he looks effortless. Love the jacket - is that linen?

What is it about looking 'effortless' that is so appealing? Maybe because I admit that generally every day I spend way too long in choosing an outfit. Particularly shoes and earrings.... So I admire someone who looks like they just 'threw something on' and look good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM) : 

Great look. I really like the shoes. It's a cool alternative to Sperry's or Chucks. Anyone know what they are? They look like K-Swiss?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

Could you please mention what you are doing to get the larger photo effect? I have the same difficulty that I'd love to solve.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (2:40 PM) : 

I would also do a different shoe but the overall look is great for a hot summer day

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (3:05 PM) : 

argos

yes i agree - the image somehow was enlarged in imageshack which made the quality go down -i will still be playing with it but I'm not crazy about having my photos floating out there on imageshack or flicker etc

at least it got me through today

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 PM) : 

This is a goooood casual friday look , i´m loving the colors and the attitude.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 PM) : 

I can't see the photo - it has been block due to high band width. Any one else having this problem? I didn't have any trouble with the smaller size.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 PM) : 

I'm not really diggin' this look. Mainly it's that I just don't like white pants with a white shirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:40 PM) : 

that is mario bisio. owner of marios in seattle and portland. a true sartorialist.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:13 PM) : 

cream-white-cream? and those shoes! he looks as if he shook his friday clothes in a laundry bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 PM) : 

I'm not so sure about this one, it looks a little frumpy, but it's better than the alternative, when you really think about it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 AM) : 

get with it people. this guy is one of THE best dressed men in the US. that was kiton I bet, but he wears BOGLIOLI too.

too bad scott did not get his satchel in the frame.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

I think this is a great casual summer look. I like that the wearer chose to wear complimentary hues and did not go for coordinated. I think if everything matched too closely, the belt, shoes, & bag, etc., it would appear to stodgy, not the effect he's going for.

By the way, this is an absolutely wonderful blog. I look forward to it everyday.

Alice, I think you are right on with your effortless observation. This gent has what is called sprezatura, a studied carelessless. The ability to make the dfficult seem easy. There is a nonchalance in his style that, in my opinion, makes it elegant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 PM) : 

The shoes are Tod's.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 AM) : 

He looks like he's put a jacket over his cricket whites. No, I don't like this look at all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Ah yes, cricket in Seattle

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 PM) : 

shoes are suede tods competitions - they don't make them anymore but you might be able to find them in their outlet stores.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting