This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

My Favorite Accessory For Fall 2006

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, August 31, 2006

My Favorite Accessory For Fall 2006

I get a lot of emailed questions about my equipment...no, I mean my camera!
As an investment in my blog i just bought the Canon 5D and a 50mm/1.4 lens.
This is the equipment I used in Europe for the mens shows and I have rented when shooting GQ or other assignments. If you liked the photograph before it will take two big steps forward. Partly because of the new camera (I shot Dior Boy with a Canon 5D as an example) but also now that I will be working full-time I will be shooting more in the evening when the light is really great. Up to now I could only shoot in the morning and midday when the light is much less forgiving.

Comments on "My Favorite Accessory For Fall 2006"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I have that lens and it's so great. amazing how much light it lets in. have fun in milan!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Plus people dress differently in the evening!! Cool!

 

Blogger normanack said ... (11:09 AM) : 

Now that's a camera. Congratulations, and I can't wait to see more of your pictures!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

Love your site, absolutely love it - as I'm from SF but lived in New York for three years and now live LA, and so miss NY, thanks for putting me on the streets. My question, as a new student to photography, what camera did you learn on? - What is my best choice manual camera?
Thank you in advance for any suggestions and have a great season.
SKG

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 PM) : 

what were you using before?

 

Blogger Nia said ... (1:58 PM) : 

Oh man, I can't wait--your photos are so beautiful already.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:05 PM) : 

Nice to hear you'll be going full time now, I look forward to seeing how you grow the site.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 PM) : 

isn't that camera a bit overkill for photos that are only being published online?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 PM) : 

Hope the big pro equipment doesn't take the spontaneity out of your photos. People may react differently now.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (5:09 PM) : 

Anon 2:57
I will use this camera for GQ also

Anon 4:11
This is very similar to the camera I use now and I rented this same model for the Europe trip I did in June/July

 

Blogger we could grow up 2gether said ... (9:15 PM) : 

everyone is loving 5D these days. but is it good enough for simple fashion shoot also?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:46 AM) : 

Great choice in camera Scott.
The best out there for the dollar value.
Over kill asked one? Not at all.
Pixels are not the whole story. The white balance and detail with this body is suburb. Scott will now be able to crop details out of the picture (ie: pocket squares, tie knots, a necklace or a purse) and it will hold up and still look good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 PM) : 

Have you ever shot with a Leica or another rangefinder? They are great for street photography since they are small and offer many compact high speed lenses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

I was wondering... what is your take on digital cameras?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 AM) : 

Before this Canon 5D... which Cam you used?

Thanx...

 

Blogger rachel said ... (11:01 PM) : 

i love the 5d. i have the 10d but when i upgrade its going to be to that one. the mark just isn't in the budget... beautiful pictures too by the way!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Hi, I'm regularly reading your blog (with facehunter, and coacd) yours is at the top quality for me, eventhough not leaving comments... shoots are so pretty, I don't have the words anyway; Can you name the camera you were using before the 5D? interested to know what engine gave us pretty pictures!
keep the camera shooting!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

I can't wait to see new photos. I found this blog a couple of days ago, throughout style.com, this is possibly the best fashion site I've been on. We'll atleast one that really gives me what I need :D Lot's of pictures.
I dig your work! So keep it up ;)

A fan from Denmark.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 PM) : 

the question isn't what camera you use, but how do you get such great pictures out of these people? do you chat them up BEFORE taking the picture or do you just sneak up on them and shoot?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

Funnily enough I used to take shots on the streets of London for the Independent newspaper - exactly the same sort of shots (although I always had briefs to stick to and a crappy point and shoot camera and stopped a year or so ago) - I've just bought the canon 5d myself and use a 50 mm lens - so sartorialist - you're in good company!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

Hello, nice blog ))), very intresting post, wait for continuation.
Thank you.

 

Blogger arq507 said ... (12:01 AM) : 

I ve being involve in this blog since a couple of days...and get in every day to look back (archives). They are so great pictures and what it is delivered is so elegant, perfectlu chosen...

 

Anonymous Term papers said ... (7:15 AM) : 

Nice to hear you'll be going full time now, I look forward to seeing how you grow the site.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:31 PM) : 

Can we have an update on this?, I´ve seen pictures of you using an L Lens, are you still using this 50mm? Thank you!!

 

Anonymous steven said ... (2:34 AM) : 

I love reading your blog because it has very interesting topics.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting