This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Sartorialist Goes Shopping For Fashion Week - p4

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Sartorialist Goes Shopping For Fashion Week - p4


This is the Marc jacobs black corduroy jacket I'm buying for the shows.
Since he already cuts his jackets pretty short and slim very little alterations will need to be done - just sleeves, nip in the waist and the back-collar roll adjustment.

The pants in the shot are my new APC slim cut cotton jeans, hopefully the dark denim jeans will stretch out to fit like these cotton jeans.

I'm really excited about the black jacket - I think it will be a great investment. It will work with my dark denim jeans, black cotton jeans, grey flannels, proper black wool pants and or even my beat-up Levis. Of course I will wear the jacket with the Lidfort shoes, I think they are really important to the jacket because they don't look like Jil Sander shoes or Prada or even Marc shoes really, so I think it will keep me from having too literal a "Marc Jacobs look." That kind of mix really sums up my own personal look - mixing old-school Italian like Lidfort or Borrelli with much more modern labels like Dries or Marc.

Every season I try to buy one unreasonable accessory.

This season it is this Dries Van Noten sequined scarf. I know, crazy- but It is short enough that I can wear it loosely tied around my neck and inside my shirt for an updated ascot kinda thing.

I mean really, who ever heard of a sequined ascot/scarf - like I said, it is completely unreasonable but I love it!

Comments on "The Sartorialist Goes Shopping For Fashion Week - p4"

 

Blogger Kelli said ... (9:00 AM) : 

You must be having so much fun! Thanks for allowing us Sartorialist addicts to live vicariously through you on your retail adventures.

Courduroy is always perfect for the fall and that scarf is amazing!

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:14 AM) : 

Scott, the scarf's beyond wonderful; I'd build a life, never mind a wardrobe, around it...

 

Blogger mack11211 said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Nice choices.

Will be great to see the clothing *on you* as that is the great feature of your blog. Will you catch yourself in a mirror as you work?

Also, why have you disallowed anonymous postings? Just curious.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:44 AM) : 

Love the Marc Jacobs jacket!

The scarf isn't unreasonable. We all make these kinds of purchases and they're completely justifiable. How bland would the world be if we all dressed head to toe a single runway look? This is putting your "stamp" on the look.

I love so many of the photos on your blog of people "on the street", personally accessorising a certain look or style. I can't get away with (I probably shouldn't even use the words "get away with") some of the items other people wear but that's the whole point, isn't it? Individual interpretation of fashion. If you love it and feel good in it, you'll look good too!

 

Blogger laceybediz said ... (10:46 AM) : 

that scarf is wonderful!!

 

Blogger WWND said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Men in sequins? And, not part of some Vegas show? Some runway trends are better left on the runway, methinks.

 

Blogger theluxocrat said ... (11:13 AM) : 

I think your style is just great! And the scarf... something I'd have my eye on as well.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (11:44 AM) : 

Fun scarf! It will balance the sexy act of the skinny APCs. I will love to see a shot of the description you made in how you want to wear it.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (12:48 PM) : 

Yikes, ny:lon! For the price, I hope you get LOTS of use out of your short and "slightly longer" scarves--a decade's worth, let's say....

 

Blogger Fnarf said ... (1:54 PM) : 

A sequined scarf used as an ascot -- absolutely mental, absolutely fabulous, absolutely perfect.

I'm not sure I'd like the black cord jacket with black wool pants, though. Maybe I'm wrong; I'd have to see it. All of the other choices sound great.

 

Blogger Claire said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Just please don't wear it Kanye West style.

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (6:11 PM) : 

i LOVE the scarf!!!

 

Blogger Booker said ... (6:20 PM) : 

The Dries scarf is killing me! That's the best purchase of the whole bunch, way 2 go...

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (6:51 PM) : 

Sorry about the anonymous turn-off, sometimes it happens by itself on Blogger. I have reset it.

 

Blogger Adrian said ... (6:57 PM) : 

the scarf is wicked....a splash of glamour never heart anyone!

 

Blogger blackbird said ... (7:11 PM) : 

I think it is a wonderful thing to have an accessory that is just a little over the top -
a necessary indulgence.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 PM) : 

I really don't understand those who think the scarf is over the top ... you see this sort of accessory all the time on guys in N.Y / L.A etc ... It's beautiful but certainly not outrageous ...

 

Blogger Loulou said ... (11:33 PM) : 

i am just curious to see it worked into an outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:20 AM) : 

i can't wait to see you put your recent acquisitions together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 AM) : 

whether or not any of us like the scarf, sometimes there are things that catch our eye and we just have to have, and that make little or not sense to others. the scarf seems to be that for you. i'm sure all of us have pieces like that, and they're what make us individuals and not carbon-copies of clothing advertisements.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 AM) : 

hello!
i think the scarf is great. My problem is also the black jacket + black wool trousers... are you sure?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 AM) : 

Real men don't wear scarves.

 

Blogger Catalina said ... (8:46 AM) : 

very unreasonable.....and very beautiful! love it!

 

Blogger grace said ... (10:01 AM) : 

To anonymous:
Real men can wear anything they want because they exuded confidence. (I'm a girl...and am attracted to guys who take a chance with style, life, anything!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

The scarf may be a great accessory in New York or London, but if you are doing a shoot in Opp, Alabama, I would leave it at home.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:16 PM) : 

Great choices all round! APC jeans are still my favourite, and you can't beat a black cord jacket. I was in Marc Jacobs new Paris shop (it's in the Palais Royal) and was impressed by much of the men's collection. Worth a visit (though why a New Yorker would go to MJ in Paris...!)

Now that MJ has a "presence" in Paris the prices are closer to NY prices: Previously the mark-up in the big Paris department stores has been absurd.

Have you seen the shoes Church's has made for Jil Sander? They're quite nice: Plain, black or brown, with a sort of school uniform feel. The sole is a little flimsy for winter, I think, but Church's soles are generally hard-wearing.

Enjoy your new buys... I'm looking at the APC Rescue Cut jeans, which are slightly wider.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

Dries' scarves are very appealling. You made a good move buying so early: Every August without fail I see and admire Dries scarves for the new season when they arrive in his Bon Marché corner. I always think I'll get one, but it's too early to get a scarf... and every year they're sold out by the end of the summer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 PM) : 

Dude...everybody wears a scarf, sh*! be cold, you gotta wear a scarf.

 

Blogger Zaydoun said ... (12:46 PM) : 

Great jacket. I'm still in love with the Helmut Lang black cord jacket I saw 3 YEARS AGO at Colette in Paris, but they didn't have my size!!

Last week in London I stopped by The Library in Brompton Cross, their summer sale was on its last days and I snagged an awesome black cotton Dirk Schonberger military style jacket with shiny buttons and a frayed collar. I paid 100 pounds!! Compliments by total strangers ensued!

The week before that I was in New York and I stalked the streets looking my best hoping to be caught "unawares" by your camera, but alas.... (kidding!)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:48 PM) : 

on the thread of acessories what's ur opinon on a good multi purpose watch?

i've just bought a green bezel limted edition rolex submariner and i'm absolutely in love with it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

I love your sequined scarf !!

Good for you Sart , your are going to look so good in it !!

I think that kind of details in men , when well worn , are very very sexy !!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:56 PM) : 

The fact and post is pretty amazing about the Sartorialist Goes Shopping,and the pictures are also good to see.

__________________

Music Dissertation Proposal

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting