This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Thom Browne - Bruno Danto - Editor in Chief, Vogue Hommes

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, September 10, 2006

At Thom Browne - Bruno Danto - Editor in Chief, Vogue Hommes


I saw Bruno all over the mens shows in Europe during the summer but never got a really great shot of him. When he walked into Thom Browne I was not missing that opportunity again. Handsome Devil

Speaking of Thom Browne, I can't wait for the photos of his new collection to go up on Men.Style.com and hear what you think.

Also did most of you hear that Thom will be creating a small collection for Brooks Brothers? Apparently both mens and women's and at a higher price point than their usual collection but not as outrageous as Thom's signature collection.

I think it is great for Brooks Brothers and Thom. I hope they let Thom do what he feels is right but at the same time I hope they push him forward a little, I'm ready to be surprised again by what Thom is doing.

Comments on "At Thom Browne - Bruno Danto - Editor in Chief, Vogue Hommes"

 

Blogger Sissy said ... (7:59 AM) : 

Great news, since we now have Brooks Brothers in London too!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:06 AM) : 

I love the wide lapels on his jacket- it adds so much more body. Suits him much more than the current skinny lapel trend.

 

Blogger licheng said ... (8:12 AM) : 

:)hello i'm chinese l like your photo wellcome to my bolg . http://lichgo.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger MrWynn said ... (8:18 AM) : 

Damn fine strategy on both their parts. I'm looking forward to seeing the goods. Do you know when it will hit the sales floor?

 

Blogger Butch said ... (8:48 AM) : 

Winter white? Well, fall white. Jacket's a bit rigid, I'd say....

...but the flowers are doing their bit to provide happy color iteration....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 AM) : 

Since TB's signature collection can't last forever, what will be his next direction.....narrower/shorter or wider/longer???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

bruno's smokin' hot. very masculine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

ahhh gorgeous...hes my dream man for sure...

 

Blogger Berkelycole said ... (11:24 AM) : 

The Brother Brooks really needs a shot of Browne in the arm in the arm...what used to be an innovative habedashery (hello the buttondown collar) had settled the better part of the 20th cent. into a comfortable and venerable bastion only to be trashed and mainlined over the past 20 years by one corporate sellout after another. The sack-suit needs a trim stylish cousin. Go Thom!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

"Damn fine strategy on both their parts. I'm looking forward to seeing the goods. Do you know when it will hit the sales floor? "

I believe it already has in their larger stores- it's called the "Fitzgerald" suit. It's a part of the Brooks Bros.'s high-end 1818 collection.

 

Blogger EM said ... (1:30 PM) : 

i love how snug those suits were but beekeeepers' hats? the model he had those was really handsome though

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:11 PM) : 

Another sad day for Brooks indeed with the Browne decision.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:32 PM) : 

No, the Fitzgerald is a suit that is modeled after the classic JFK suit...it has nothing to do with Thom Browne. His capsule line won't be in BB stores until fall 07.

The TB "movie" was interesting, indeed. It was kind of a mix of "Lord of the Flies" meets "Deliverance." Anyway, I was more impressed with the photography taken from the movie, hanging in the lobby.

Me and a few collegues were not impressed with the key look TB chose to put in last week's DNR. I think it was too costumey, indeed. I'm also not sure how likely a client will be to buy the jackets with the extra fabric on the vent...even the most die-hard Thom Browne fan may have a problem with that in the real world.

 

Blogger Lady Apple said ... (3:39 PM) : 

love his jacket!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 PM) : 

Yummy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 PM) : 

I just wonder if Thom can avoid making his Brooks Brothers customers look as much like Pee Wee Herman as do his signature customers.

 

Blogger Three Repute said ... (9:29 PM) : 

abraham lincoln was assassinated in a brooks brothers suit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 AM) : 

It's always a conundrum dressing for the tents. One never knows whether to dress for Fall when the Spring shows are showing and the weather is still warm, or to be fashion forward and make a statement about Spring even if the imminent season's lower temperatures have made themselves felt. My feeling is the hot Mr.Danto opted to make a Spring statement in light of the still-warm weather.

He's certainly raising MY temperature! Rrowr!

 

Blogger LovaGirl said ... (3:22 AM) : 

The sleek-combed-back-hair looks HOT! If only more men could carry off that look

 

Blogger CaliforniaStyle said ... (3:25 AM) : 

Great photo of him!

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (4:32 AM) : 

Woof! Bruno is sizzlin! Love the peak lapel ivory jacket with jeans, especially with a summer tan. I suspect he just got back from some fab summer vacation. Mykonos or St. Tropez. Great shot of Bruno, against that red curtain.

 

Blogger Rafe Totengco said ... (4:35 AM) : 

Really excited about BB and TB. I'll finally be able to make multiple purchases instead of waiting for TB to go on 1st markdown. I wonder if his new collection will be so different from his own signature collection. For one, will the jackets and pants be longer?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:49 PM) : 

Handsome devil indeed and oh so stylish.

 

Blogger ENID P. said ... (2:09 PM) : 

Drop dead G,..ahhhhh
His oufit, face,..body...This is art.

I can't say anything else..

ENID P.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 PM) : 

I just looked at TB's collection on Style.com
As a great fan of TB, as one who wears it,loves it, defends it up and down. I am simply FLUMMOXED by this collection. I think an "intervention" is in order. I understand the need for a degree of theatrics at a show, but as a serious customer, at the very least, I need to see through it all and find the individual pieces that will bring me back to reality and bring me back to the retailer. I'll be curious to read the reviews.
As well, after seeing a presentation like this, I don't think I want to wear a label that conjurs up legitimately and I mean legitimately laughable images, whether in my mind, or other peoples minds. I never would have guessed that this would be the direction that TB would take. I think TB should re think the fur stoles, garters and bustles and renew his focus and restore his reputation for cutting the meanest suits and shirts in town.

And with all that said. I do think the collaboration with Brooks is a great move, for both parties. I wish TB the best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:40 AM) : 

Ehh. The jacket is too ... long?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

I Attended the Thom Browne show, what real man wants to look like that? I go to shows every season and understand that the presentation has to be a bit more than a showroom presentation but come on the model looked strange in the cloths. I could never see a man who wants to look great and feel confident wearing any of the looks shown. As for Thom and Brooks Brothers, Brooks Brothers is a great product the way it is, I've worn their suits since prep school they have a classic american fit, Thom's cloths on the other hand are made well but fit and look like they've been sent to a real bad dry cleaners not a look that works for most men, not a look that works or looks good on him but I understand the need for something new to look at in menswear, even if what we're looking at makes no sense.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:22 PM) : 

Am I the only one not fooled by the Emperors aka. Thom Browne new cloths?. Why is he praised for ill-fitting, awkward proportioned, expensive cloths?, when we're told and know that proportion and fit are two of the most important thing for men clothing.

I hope he learns more from Brooks than he bring to it, for the sake of all of us who love the great classic Brooks for the way it is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:51 PM) : 

scott, help me understand why thom browne cloths are so great. could you please post a picture of a real guy not a chelsea boy wearing his cloths, especially one of his suits and looking good in it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:08 PM) : 

he looks fine

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

He is stunning and only requires the modern yet classic, off-season look to drive home that very point.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

I too am very excited about TB and BB. I agree that the BB line is yawn! boring, but their service can be stellar (note, I say 'can be'). I bought one of their grey suits in '98, '99 and was able to wear it stylishly (which you can do if you try), but the damn thing started to fall apart in 2004. 6 years is a pretty damn good life span for a suit that gets worn once or so a week.

I decided to exercise my consumer rights and complained to BB. They told me to bring it in. As soon as they looked at it, they told me that had been an unfortunately poorly designed line using materials that didn't meet up to their standards.

They replaced the thing - 6 years on - gratis! I've told the story to several friends and they said BB can be like that. And, while I won't buy everything there, I will make sure to have at least one BB suit in my closet at all times. With TB suits, I'll be even more motivated.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 PM) : 

OK, I know that I am a little bit behind. I have been reading all of the posts about Mr. Browne through out the Sartorialist and I am not sure about his "pee-wee" look like the majority of you out there. I just watched John Varvatos SP2007 runway show and I could not believe what I was seeing. Did Thom design this line as well? Or did he flood the streets of NYC and now all of "fashion" is wading in it up to their ankles? So is the tight fitting short cut jacket and cropped pant the new black?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting