This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Junya Watanabe Jacket

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Junya Watanabe Jacket


The Keds
I saw these a lot in London but it is the first time I have seen them in New York.

Comments on "The Junya Watanabe Jacket"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 AM) : 

At a first glance it looks a bit boring, but then you look closer and it's actually pretty amazing. I really like it. The whole look.

 

Blogger blackbird said ... (9:57 AM) : 

I like them -
but I could never do them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:24 AM) : 

The slim white rubber soled shoe paired with a more serious wardrobe is very Edward Gorey....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

Joel Griffith, I'm so happy that you also recognize Edward Gorey as a fashion inspiration! I always think of him when I wear my white plimsolls with my big brown dufflecoat. Gorey would have been into skinny jeans too, don't you think? Tight black jeans are very inky...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

the Keds have been everywhere for a long time in the indy crowds

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 PM) : 

i'm a college student on the west coast and i can't go anywhere without seeing someone wearing keds.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

agreed. the keds are all over williamsburg and have been for a while.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:52 PM) : 

i've always loved those white keds, but they are almost as bad as ballet flats when it comes to lack of arch support. i remember my older (much older) sisters used to try to "refresh" theirs by putting white shoe polish on them, the really wet kind in the bottle with the sponge-tip applicator.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:55 PM) : 

It's true. I've been seeing the Keds since last Spring. She wears them well.

 

Blogger Laura said ... (5:00 PM) : 

Not crazy about the white Keds. . .I went through a phase with them, as did everyone in my town, and while I appreciate the idea, in reality they can look very grungy and not in a Seattle-plaid-shirt-and-Docs kind of way.

 

Blogger marie said ... (6:28 PM) : 

Keds are not practical shoes to own since they get dirty easily and are a pain to clean!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:36 PM) : 

I hope people aren't PRAISING Keds just because they see a lot of people wearing them!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:47 PM) : 

Forgive my limited imagination . . . but I am hatin' the Keds. Especially in winter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:00 PM) : 

And keds can also be found on all the coolcats in Sydney & Melbourne, Australia.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 PM) : 

Positively --- I could smell that white shoe polish the minute I read your post!

Been there, done that! :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

My mother swaers by Keds. For a long time I thought she was crazy but I've found them to be incredibly comfortable and now they're getting stylish. I've stocked up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:20 PM) : 

it's funny, that's my current no-brains look at the moment: white trainers (adidas, though) and high waisted grey, large legged trousers.
i like it, obviously. As to the keds, i like them but not that much. White Jack Purcells would have been nicer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 PM) : 

I feel this look is not pulled together and comes across as sloppy, either when taken as a whole or looking at the pieces individually. Not a sartorialist star in my opinion. Some of the Keds in London were done right, adding some innocence and funk to ensembles...not seeing it here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:17 PM) : 

I just got to say that the keds were really usuall in Sweden this summer and spring. Almost every teenager hade atlease one pair of coulour.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:40 AM) : 

no no no. . . the combo is all wrong!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:22 PM) : 

The keds ruin the otherwise frump wear.

 

Anonymous ZorrasdeMadrid said ... (6:05 AM) : 

My friend Sarai and me opinining this look is too comfortable, too much. And JUST comfortable!!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting