This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.......The Colorist, Soho

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, November 30, 2006

On The Street.......The Colorist, Soho

What a great job this young man has done with color

Comments on "On The Street.......The Colorist, Soho"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 PM) : 

I envy people with African heritage for this reason exactly,

any colour they fashion themselves with can only look so much better!

 

Blogger DK said ... (6:18 PM) : 

Now this cat has it together. Do the glasses bring it together, or do the glasses bring it together?

Oh yeah, and youngsters, this is how you tie a scarf.

 

Blogger Viktorov said ... (6:20 PM) : 

Indeed. Very tasty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:25 PM) : 

Nice! Love the minty colours for winter!

 

Blogger marie said ... (6:38 PM) : 

Green and blue..interesting. :-/

 

Blogger Another Shade of Grey said ... (6:44 PM) : 

I would have to agree. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:25 PM) : 

I love everything except the shoes-they make the outfit too matchy.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:37 PM) : 

Yes, color's fabulous, a delight....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:11 PM) : 

skin tone....allows one to wear a variety of exciting colours....very nice indeed

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (8:12 PM) : 

I love the peep of colours thrown in!! he looks really cool...

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (8:38 PM) : 

Old school pastel green Vans are virtually extinct. How lovely that he's sporting a pair with that incredible scarf.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 PM) : 

Fresh!
Yeah!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 PM) : 

I like glasses, I think they are coming into style. Thank god I'm blessed with bad eyes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 PM) : 

The colors make him look 'alive' in a good way. Very cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 PM) : 

first off iradaki and others, your statements on race are completely inappropriate!

secondly, can I get a close up of that jacket? it looks quilted. very cool!

 

Blogger The Vintagent said ... (9:59 PM) : 

Mom and dad had something to do with his great color combo; the bright blue and green look great against his skin tone and jacket.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 PM) : 

this is a color story all on its own. fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 PM) : 

he's adorable :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 PM) : 

why are the comments about skin color inappropriate? it's analogous to complimenting someone on their natural hair color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 PM) : 

wow who knew newyorkers were so happy to pose for the camera. that's nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:49 PM) : 

Great shoes.

 

Blogger FeFe said ... (11:12 PM) : 

Gosh, that shot of turquoise about his neck is smashing. And I must agree with D.Kay, his glasses are fabulous. Altogether a great look complimenting a handsome young man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 PM) : 

Looking sharp indeed!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 PM) : 

what a marvelous look! i want those shoes! well im off to paris,, any chance i'll see you there?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 PM) : 

perfect harmony

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 PM) : 

This is what five buck pashaminas, Vans, and Uniqlo cashmere make possible.

Viva cheap color!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:36 AM) : 

What a strange comment from chet! (and iradaki 6:12 and reeny 10:37 are so right). This man looks good partly because his beautiful skin looks great with those colors. Well done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:09 AM) : 

"chet said" you are way off base about the "inappropriate comments on race"....I am a person of colour (asian) and I consider it a true compliment when people tell me how lucky I am to be able to wear so many colours!!!!!!!!! None of the other comments are off colour (excuse the pun ;) !!!!!!!!!!!

 

Blogger in defense of retail therapy said ... (6:29 AM) : 

ooooh perfection

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 AM) : 

I like his shoes...I want it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 AM) : 

Guys who look like this have motivated me to shop in the men's section not for my boyfriend, but for myself! Because of this blog, I've found myself increasingly influenced by men's wear. I want his jacket!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:50 AM) : 

Well done. Hard to say anything, really, beyond that. So well done.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:15 AM) : 

The green, blue and lemon work beautifully. Looks effortless too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Oh OH, People, forget the 'racial' issues here. We are talking colour combinations...that is all....Do you know the first 'colour' that I noticed on his outfit was the bit near his waist where the jacket is open and you can see the green/blue coming together...GREAT!

NOW,
If someone would please tell me where those young ladies get those 'forever' long legs to buy so I can go and get me some!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 PM) : 

Ooh, nice outfit!

 

Blogger DK said ... (10:16 PM) : 

I don't really take iradakl's comments as a racial stab. I'm an African-American that was born and raised in the racially charged South, so if anyone can recognize an attempt of that nature, it would be me.

I take what was said as a compliment. So many brothers and sisters are ashamed of the limitations that they feel their complexions place upon them. It's good to see someone recognizing the beauty within it.

Ok, enough about race. Sorry for the mini-rant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 AM) : 

Oh, the race car... honestly folks. I was once being interviewed for a local television program and the interviewer (african-american male) asked me if people at my former high school were jealous of me because of my race (asian). I was completely taken off-guard and confused, much like this young man would be if you told him his race makes him perfect for all colors.

Anyway, enough with the rant. He's wearing my favorite colors. My room is painted in a similar blue and green. I love the chill, youthful vive. Creamy colors go so much farther than uber-saturated colors.

 

Blogger Mira Siregar said ... (1:18 AM) : 

this is what i called: effortlessly genious :)

mira-jakarta

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Man, people with dark pants really look good in bright green shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

Anonymous 858am, I totally feel you! this blog has made my (college girl) style much manlier and I'm the better for it. I also notice much more about how a man is dressed...and date better dressed men. ;-) See, Sart, you're making the world a better place!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 AM) : 

great combination of color without being too obvious or cliche.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 PM) : 

Eh: if you think Africans can wear whatever colors they want, you're probably just engaging in a little wishful-thinking / grass-is-greener envy. There are a million shades of brown, and just like any other color, there are things each shade will match and things it won't. (My skin + a mustard-color shirt = looks like I need to be taken to a hospital.)

If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure more than a few black people have thought about the colors they'd love to wear if they were white, or redheads, or whatever. (Just completely apart from, you know, the standards of beauty and humanity in the U.S. being based around whiteness, fostering horrible internalized racism among black people, to the point where before Brown v. Board of Education they could show little black children from segregated schools black and white dolls and say "which one is pretty" and they'd point to the white one, and "which one is ugly and dirty" would get them pointing to the black one -- you know, totally apart from all *that* kind of stuff.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 PM) : 

where is HE when i got to soho?

the beautiful mixed race skin (like mine) and the baby blue? stunning.

the green gives the fall a refreshing look mixing it with the baby blue as well because the only thing that says fall to me in his outfit is the jacket

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

WOW i love this, the colors, the outfit it beautiful, I'm gonna tweak it to a female's outfit.

ps: i'm off African Heritage & I'm pissed I can't do the pale goth look =/ or rock the chritina vintage style without tweaking it. see.(look at Kelis, didn't go wel)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 AM) : 

nice job of adding color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 PM) : 

Nice use of color.

 

Blogger Ryan Hines said ... (2:31 PM) : 

I think it's perfectly appropriate to comment on how someone's skin tone relates to what they're wearing.

A smart dresser takes this into account when he or she is putting together an outfit.

The fact that I'm multi-ethnic steers my color choices, and I'm very grateful when someone notices.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 AM) : 

Choosing the right perfume can be difficult and because it is also considered an intimate gift buying the wrong perfume

can backfire on you and get you the opposite result of that which you hoped for.

The first thing you need to do is do some homework, meaning research. Look at your lady's perfume bottles, the ones that

are nearly empty will be her favorites. If there is one there that is nearly full chances are she doesn't wear it often

or doesn't like it. Hint around and ask her what types of fragrances she likes and dislikes.

Humans are very sensory oriented and our sense of smell is no different. Certain perfumes can elicit strong reactions in

both the wearer and the person reacting to the scent. Perfumes are made not only to attract but to also relax someone. If

you aren't totally sure what kind of perfume to buy you can always play it safe and get something in the aromatherapy

line. If you go this route, bear in mind that vanilla scents are considered to relax and a peppermint or lemon scent will

be more stimulating.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 PM) : 

One of my favorite pictures. The green, blue and brown is tough to beat.

Oh, and forget about the insulting race thing. Being black, it's always complimentary when somebody comments on how my skin tone benefits my clothes. Don't sweat it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

i like the shoes.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting