This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

The Video Is Up On Style.com!

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Video Is Up On Style.com!

My video is now up on Style.com

Comments on "The Video Is Up On Style.com!"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Congrats, the video is very fun!!!

The women are exquisite (apart from young and very beautiful).

Some questions: $8,000 for a coat? 300 pairs of shoes? I admire the variety of people you get on your blog, but was Style.Com interested in a specific kind of dresser, or was it the place you were? It's a little intimidating to hear the message that to be chic you have to have that much money...

Also: always overdressed than underdressed? Do you agree? I sort of thought the other way around was preferable. But I'm male--is it different for women?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Here's a direct link for anyone who is lazy:

http://video.style.com/ifr_main.jsp?nsid=b552c2fa1:10f34d0f519:-755a&fr_story=f519ca65f5e03e9300018d04ab5157c210454e07&st=1164822413768&mp=FLV&cpf=false&fvn=9&fr=112906_124640_552c2fa1x10f34d0f519xw7636&rdm=168060.9682042824

 

Blogger Butch said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Scott, the video is marvelous--many congratulations!

Sort of the fulfillment of something not realized until it's happened: your people brought to even more livelier life.

Next stop men, please!

 

Blogger marie said ... (1:15 PM) : 

Thank You!!! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:19 PM) : 

Congrats

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:36 PM) : 

wow. the video was amazing. and the girls as well. will you post all three outfits? i am dying to see them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:46 PM) : 

it's great. i loved it. :)
now i want in a downloadable format to put it on my ipod... ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 PM) : 

I saw it !! Liked it a lot !!!
I want more !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 PM) : 

I hope your intersection videos become a regular feature, Sartorialist! Seeing the action behind your stunning pictures certainly leads to another appreciation of your lens mastery!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:19 PM) : 

Felicidades!!! Congratulations!!!
I've just watched your video FANTASTIC!!!
Your job is just great!!!
Spanish Girl

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

I thought the video was really cool. I liked the interviews. Hopefully there'll be more in the near future!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

I've just had a look at your video. Wow! Congratulations! Maybe you are going to visit Vienna (Austria/Europe) in the future? We don't have those sophisticated dressed people, but Austria has great Designers too (Helmut Lang, Carol Christian Poell). Greetings from Vienna and Congratulation again, Andrea

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

very cool! but i want a podcast feed!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:03 PM) : 

Love the video! You really inspire me, Scott. Can't wait for the Sartorialist to visit us here in Nashville ...
best to you, Libby Callaway (former NY Post fashion ed; now styling in Music City)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 PM) : 

I can't find it! Maybe I'm blind or I'm looking in the wrong place...
where is it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

oh, lordy...like crack for your eyeballs! gimme MOOORE!

but right now i'm going for a walk across the park to the ues.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:51 PM) : 

That was nice. But (I hate complaining about this) those were very young, very rich women. I really would like to see some "older" women (over 40? 35?) who manage to make dressing an art, and even manage to look cute and sexy, without spending $8,000 on a coat. I know they are out there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:52 PM) : 

Great work, can you get some guys in the next one?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

Wonderful! Their javascripted link needed a little massaging. The result is this direct link to the video.

Bravo Sart! You should have your own show on the Style Channel, DVD's and a Movie!!!

The Sartorialist brand rocks!

 

Blogger shonda bradford said ... (4:11 PM) : 

great video! love to hear the pictures speak.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

Here's the direct link.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:19 PM) : 

Wow, I just love the video, such an inspiratiation. Will you make more videos like that? I really hope so!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:25 PM) : 

I saw the video and I think it's pretty great. For some reason one of the only style.com videos that works on my mac. Do another please?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:37 PM) : 

nice vid

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:55 PM) : 

oooooooo! more, more, I demand more! :)
Say, 58th and 5th, or 57th and 4th are not covered yet! :D

 

Blogger Opinionera said ... (5:04 PM) : 

LOVE the videos! I am obsessed with your site. When are you coming to shoot all of us stylish girls in Miami?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:31 PM) : 

Awesome stuff Scott. Please make more.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (6:13 PM) : 

I'm so glad you guys like it

I have a few more ideas that Style.com seems to like so I will keep you posted

I do think they plan to continue the series of videos with me!!!

thanks Dirk!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:20 PM) : 

I love it, thank you!! I hope we get to see more of this idea+

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 PM) : 

was that the same girl in the same burberry cape in paris - Playing peek-a-boo in the parc.??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 PM) : 

LOVE THE VIDEO FEATURE, I can see the value for the editorial mission in cultural terms.
Your work is really warm, light hearted and optimistic, that is why I'm a devotee.

BUT! the women showcased represent one segment of the fashion market. The last woman in the segment explained her fashion sense as a total trend consumer (labels). In my opinion -as a creative- to limit your self to the consumerist side of the equation is to take money as THE challenge (boring).

I guess the blog offers your editorial mission and in that sense a wider sense of diversity.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 PM) : 

Wow congratulations on the video.
I am glad to see ther is someone else with as many (pairs of) shoes as I have

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 PM) : 

oh bravo bravo!

as a result i am booking a ticket and moving to new york as we speak ;-)

your photographs are absolutely fantastic and i religiously read your blog, but i actually really enjoyed the video because i could get a better idea of the clothes in that medium, and also their personal style is so much more apparent when you can see their mannerisms, posture, hear them speak and know a little about them etc

fantastic work sart! of course we all love the photos but i hope there will be more video in the future too!

thanks and congratulations! your success is well deserved :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 PM) : 

Nice!!! I want more! What a tease, Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 PM) : 

The video was awesome ...Definately should be a regular feature ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 PM) : 

Indeed very fun and seeing a wider spectrum of people would be nice.

Do you sleep, Sart? This fashion wonderfulness is insane.

mltt

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (11:05 PM) : 

Excellent! Worst part was that it had to end :(

... seriously, I could have watched 4 more hours of interviews...

p.s. Love the "What's the best style advice you've ever received" question...

...Also really liked the first woman's point about "a good cut and colour" making for low-maintenance hair--so true.

I disagree about the idea that being overdressed is better. "Overdressed" suggests "not oneself" to me...maybe she means "default on the side of formal rather than informal" ...anyways, best to be yourself, I think, regardless of the occasion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:39 PM) : 

DAMN, that was really good! I'm impressed. Was concerned how it would come out on video. But don't forget your roots, MEN'S WEAR!! ;-)

--
Dennis Jun

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 AM) : 

I really enjoyed watching the video.

Length, music, editing...everything matches!

Now think of your male admirers and do the same with men.

Apparently your cooperation with .com seems to work very good, congratulations on that!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 AM) : 

you know, I have to say, I liked the video and all, but I expected something more...your still photos show so many different faces of beauty and fashion, which is what I have come to love about this site...but in the video I just saw one face: a young, rich fashion buyer/director/label sycophant...and frankly that face can be a bit boring when there is so much fashion creativity happening in new york (insert NY marathon photos here).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 AM) : 

lOOOve it, with capital O's! So cool to see your people in motion.

Speaking of makeup...I loved that your three interviewees were a. sporting amazing outfits and b. complementing their fashion with very natural hair and fresh faces. To me, that's the way to wear couture!

Eemm, I have a different take on the money comments: OK, so I'm not in the dropping-thousands-on-a-piece realm yet...but I don't always assume someone who does is rich. Rather, people in the fashion biz might tend to invest more as they know quality and what works for them, and do the CPW calc (cost per wear = item cost / # of times worn). Maybe? Anyway, it's refreshing to approach style and clothing in terms of substance instead of trend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:15 AM) : 

The video is very cool. I love it. More, please!
P.S. Compliments from Ukrainian fans of your blog. Great job!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Marvellous video!

Tres Chic!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:19 AM) : 

Excellent to see it all in action!! Thank you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Wonderful! I love it. I live in Houston, and I have been dying to get to New York for the last eight years. I will have vicariously live through your ivideo. I love your website. Congrats and keep it up!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 PM) : 

Nice video! But it would be even nicer if you could show stylish women who don't spend U$S 8000 in a coat...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 PM) : 

more PLEASE!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 PM) : 

is it possible for people who don't have thousands of dollars to spend on clothes, shoes, and bags, to be celebrated?
good vid, though, really. but a bit disenchanting for people who don't have that wealth and love fashion jut a much.
much love sart.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (7:48 AM) : 

To anon 11:51
the "intersection" that I shot the first one at was 57th & 5th - a famous high-end intersection.

The next one will be downtown - maybe Soho - and I'm sure it will reflect the diversity of that area

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 PM) : 

I have 2 questions:

1- where did the first woman (Antonia) say she gets her hair cut, 'cause she got an amazing cut.

2- love her tunic dress-- where is it from

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Can anyone tell me which brand of the dress wore by the first lady? i know it was a hit this season, but forgot the brand...Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

I need more, Sart! What if you made an hour long video for sale? I would buy it in an instant! X

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:48 PM) : 

anon @ 9:43p
she has her hair cut at frederic fekkai

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting