This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Grey Coat, Manhattan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, December 29, 2006

On the Street......Grey Coat, Manhattan


Comments on "On the Street......Grey Coat, Manhattan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 PM) : 

wow, sort of a maud frizon revival for those shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 PM) : 

Hi... first time in your website and loved it! :) Question: do you ask permission to take the pictures? and do they sign model releases?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:14 AM) : 

perhaps the shoes were the focal point, yet the coat was what caught my eye. i need a new winter coat... i like the boxy cut...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 AM) : 

Those shoes look a bit like the bespoke/custom ones you recently showed from a shoemaker in NY.

So, leggings and socks, eh? I suppose. The line will be drawn at stir-ups, however.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:48 AM) : 

i really need some shoes like that. where are those from or ones like those?
i love her coat, but i'm not feelin the material of the leggings.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 AM) : 

Whoa! She has that vintage-look down. I wonder if the shoes are Via Spiga? Her smile is her best accessorie.

http://prettykittypublishing.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Laurence John said ... (5:07 AM) : 

love the shoes, though personally i'd rather see just opaque tights and no leggings.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 AM) : 

Usually, I'm not that big fan of shoes lite that, but I liked these ones!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 AM) : 

The shoes are outstanding and not out of control high. Yeah!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 AM) : 

30 years ago, in Germany, these kind of coats were 'in'. I had one. This photo brings back memories...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

Oh my! I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her coat! It is sooooo classic and can be worn with just about anything. A midcalf length black skirt and 3+" heels would do it for me!...but she's cute the way she is and her youth allows her to pair it with the leggings and look great! Keep'em coming, Scott! You're the best!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

That coat is fantastic! Shoes are cute too, but I'm seriously coveting that coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Her feet are tiny and look so delicate in these shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

Beautiful fabric! It looks like a new coat made from vintage fabric. Love the heel on the shoe also.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

that looks like ashleigh verrier! www.verrier-fashion.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:23 AM) : 

She looks wholesomely natural and low-key, yet her clothes and shoes and haircut are all working together to put across a nice modern synthesis of retro looks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

I have a similar pair; they're bolo (the first o has a slash thru it). I love them, they look great and feel comfortable too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 PM) : 

I have been looking for a pair of shoes like that for ages. 1930s styled shoes are marvelous, especially when they lace up. She looks wonderful and I love how she's done the leggings.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:02 PM) : 

I love the tights with the shoes! What a great look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 PM) : 

I never thought I would see a photo that made me long for the 80s. This reminds me of Dianne Wiest's look in Hannah and Her Sisters. And yes, Maud Frizon! Oh, I loved those shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 PM) : 

those leggings are prada. i like the idea ith black socks though, nice touch

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:23 PM) : 

where are those shoes from? they are soooooo cute. Reminds me of a more feminine version of those mayle ones that are out right now. I love them! I agree, the grey leggings make the look more casual. But when it gets cold out (which it's been unseasonably warm however) it's tough to go out with only tights, our legs get cold! So I'm a fan of the layering, it's really the only way to do it w/out completely freezing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 PM) : 

WHERE did she get those shoes?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 PM) : 

Your site is so inspiring! Those shoes look like Chie Mihara to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 AM) : 

Happy New Year and thank you for your blog, is wonderful.
I love the shoes and I like the leggins, they are a bit longer so it does not look as 80's as the others.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 PM) : 

My hat's off to anyone who can work the dread leggings, and this woman has got it down. She looks great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 PM) : 

THE SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want the dayum SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been eyeing these type of oxford schoolmarm shoes FOREVER and I want to know where she got these! They have them at payless but they hurt like heck becuz the heel is positioned weird at a 3 inch, so I took them back. I found a pair at Norstrom, but they sold out of black.

Please...does anyone know where I can a pair? Perfect heel height - 2 inch!

 

Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said ... (2:11 AM) : 

The shoes alone with those bows, imagine them in velvet or in polka dots....see I always mix things up !

 

Blogger in defense of retail therapy said ... (4:06 AM) : 

gawd those shoes are hott.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 AM) : 

Just HOW cute are those shoes! Gorgeous!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting