This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.....The Deconstructionist , Soho

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, December 31, 2006

On The Street.....The Deconstructionist , Soho

Again abut the little details - I love the stylized "work boots" working back to the raw cut grey flannel pants.

Feels like the original Soho artist look

Comments on "On The Street.....The Deconstructionist , Soho"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

I think he looks homeless, with expensive boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM) : 

love this! i think he looks adorable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 AM) : 

I do love the raw cut hem mixed with the worn boots, no doubt, but everyone please stop with the tan shoes and grey attire, already!! We get it!!! Please don't make this what I remember about fashion in 2006!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

I think those pants could be easily mistaken for a pair of grey sweats with the bottoms cut.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

I would kill for his boots. Does anyone know anything about them?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

Very nice outfit:-)
A very Happy New Year Mr Sartorialist - and all the others out there!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:48 PM) : 

Rarely can the homeless afford to go to the lunetterie, never mind hair styling products and such clothing.

The pants are reminiscent of a particular artist from the 70s, his name slips my mind though.

mltt

P.S. Happy New Year, Sart and the gang

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 PM) : 

This is my very first time... And I love,love this blog... And I love, love this photo...

The Super Gòtic Man.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Though some details are pleasing, to me, it doesn't add up. It needs to be pushed further; as is, it has a wear-whatever-came-to-hand quality...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

when i first saw the picture, i thought those gray pants were wool or tweed pants and became super excited at the possibility that someone else digs the dress pants with hoodie look! alas... his hair is still fantastic though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:25 PM) : 

i get such a warm, familiar feeling here...strange since i've never been to new york...
or have i?
love this window, thanks for letting us see, keep inspiring in 2007

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 PM) : 

adorable. yes, completely, like a little puppy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:00 PM) : 

Not too crazy about this one, Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

Is the frayed edging on the pants intentional? I notice the frays on the Yeager photo below. This fraying reminds me of the Punk look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:28 PM) : 

Hmm, I think this guy has what is known as "bed hair". He looks like he has just crawled out of a sleeping bag on a grate on the corner somewhere, wearing the clothes he's rummaged out of a rubbish bin outside some rich fellahs house.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:30 PM) : 

janvangoh, I actually thought they were sweatpants until I got to the bottom of the post... I'm still not totally convinced they were proper trousers, even with the closeup.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:29 PM) : 

mmm... I want those boots.

 

Blogger Lisa said ... (8:18 PM) : 

really? really, sartorialist?
i don't know, i usually love all of the photos & fashion choices, but this just looks like he woke up and threw on some clothes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 PM) : 

The shoes the shoes the Shoes! Anyone know where they come from?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 PM) : 

I love him-he looks like he needs someone to take care of him!
I do love his shoes!

Happy new year!!

 

Blogger Youngest Indie said ... (8:52 PM) : 

i LOVE your blog.... Fan. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 AM) : 

I really dig the raw cut trousers! I've thought about doing that. I'm re-inspired now.

Thanks Sart.

Happy New Year!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:21 AM) : 

Homeless?! Huh? Why, because he's not holding a boutique bag by the little handles?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 AM) : 

I´ve seen all the photos in the blog ( three hours!!! ). And I´ve discovered The Sartorialist himself... Would you like to marry me???

Lots of love.

Happy 2007.

TheSuperGòticMan dixit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 AM) : 

I love the bohemian look for men...quite interesting!!!

and thank you for you lovely blog!

the sartioralist is already a must in my diary visits to the internet blogs!lot of thanks for your photos and comments!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM) : 

I thought they looked like sweats, too, at first. And something about him brings Willy Wonka to mind. Why do I like this?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:03 PM) : 

The boots are vintage Timberlands, no?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 PM) : 

I love his look. I love this blog. I teach in a "ghetto school" and am a good 40 years older than my teenage students. But every day, they serve the same purpose in the same spirit -- "I'm feeling that blouse, Teacher" or "That outfit isn't doin' it, Miss", but with the same good nature and the appreciation that I'm making an effort. As important as Algebra or an appreciation of fine literature, I think. So, Sart, keeping teachin', bro.

 

Blogger Deanna said ... (11:31 PM) : 

I feel like this post is the fashion equivalent to that stunt where some guy convinced a bunch of gallery-goers that the fire hydrant was art.

This guy just looks like someone with old shoes and a pair of old sweatpants he pulled on to run out and buy cigarettes, hoping not to run into his neighbours.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:07 AM) : 

älskar denna sida, den va soft!
så du har alltså kommit till sverige nu också

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

He looks like someone I'd like to have coffee with. To heck with the pants, the little smile says it all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:44 PM) : 

When I saw this photo I thought "Woody Allen says hi" ;-))

 

Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said ... (5:48 PM) : 

Wouldn't the word sloppy work?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 AM) : 

I love "the absentminded artist" look about him.

 

Anonymous hotel in bandung said ... (4:46 AM) : 

I Like with this Blog, don't forget to visit also hotel in bandung

 

Anonymous jasa pengamanan said ... (5:26 AM) : 

nice info...

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting