This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Wooster Street, Soho

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, March 29, 2007

On the Street.....Wooster Street, Soho

Comments on "On the Street.....Wooster Street, Soho"

 

Blogger Butch said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Isn't it great when style and substance merge? (Actually they're one and the same, but that's a discussion for another day.)

He knows who he is (or wants to be)--and looks it. Perfectly. Down to the gloves.

The gloves!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

warhol lives.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Looks like a 21st century Warhol!

 

Blogger senegal dandy said ... (10:10 AM) : 

OH MY GOD!
ANDY WARHOL!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

No idea what this is all about.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Take me to your leader . . .

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (10:32 AM) : 

Wow. Almost makes you believe in reincarnation...

...love the way he's incorporated his scarf/bandana.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

Warhol? More like The Beta Band meets Jarvis Cocker

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Although I don't like the look, I have to admit the guy put a lot of effort in pulling it together. His jacket is absolutely gorgeous.

But he makes me want to run up and place a flower on his lapel. That's what I would do if I saw him on the street.

 

Blogger thechicagosartorialist said ... (11:13 AM) : 

warhol lives. thanks anonymous. that was going to be my comment verbatum. what a great day it is for clothing and art.

-B

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

Great photo. love how the reflection on the lenses blocks out the eyes, giving the appearance of ultimate scenester indifference. Kudos, Sartorialist.

 

Blogger Janets Planet said ... (11:40 AM) : 

He looks like the evil scientist assistant from some retro spy movie. Fun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

I am in love with this outfit, from head to toe he worked this look to perfection.

And the jacket, I would love to have such a piece in my closet.

 

Blogger Elle said ... (12:30 PM) : 

the glasses!!
for me, they're pretty much make the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Hello silver factory! I really like this guy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 PM) : 

existentialism!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:34 PM) : 

oh dear, this is the guy from sin city (played by elijah wood). yikes!

 

Blogger Claris said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Evil genius! Great look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

isn't this the mad scientist from that cartoon?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:30 PM) : 

He has a real 'villain' quality to him. Well done.

 

Blogger chris roeleveld said ... (3:34 PM) : 

i really like it when your pictures have a sense of symmetry that elevate the image from street photography to something much more tempered. bitchin!

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (4:21 PM) : 

The glasses reminded me of Harry Potter! But H.P. smiles and this guy....well.... I hope he will have a better day tomorrow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

I don't see Warhol; I see a male Edith Head?

Maybe I'm cracked.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:11 PM) : 

I want to hear his voice..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 PM) : 

can anyone say warhol?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

this warhol whisperer, clearly uses his 6th sense toward fashion.
i dream of genius.

 

Blogger giggles and shits said ... (8:04 PM) : 

He looks like a charecter out of graphic novel and there's a hint of Jarvis Cocker too (I blame the specs).

 

Blogger Hebden said ... (9:08 PM) : 

I want to see his "mad scientist lair" so badly...

 

Blogger THE BLUE-HYMN NOTEBOOKS said ... (9:16 PM) : 

i see this gentleman often in chinatown, the lower LES (brown @ brunch, etc) and he never fails to make my heart sing. thank you for posting him!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 PM) : 

I want him outside of a lower-end coffe shop with a clove cigarette and a copy of L'Etrenger (not translated, fo course.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 PM) : 

Before I saw all the 'ments I also thought Warholian. What did you tink Sart when you spotted this feller?

Ever yours,
Anno

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 PM) : 

As sid ford mentioned in an earlier post this is obviously a Jarvis Cocker immitation rather than Andy Warhol.
In fact, his look is an utter replica (dare I say rip-off) of the Jarvis/Pulp look circa 1995-1996. It's amazing what passes off as originality nowadays a decade after everyone discarded Britpop.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:44 PM) : 

This I love- a total character. His posture is Edward Scissorhands-like. Very cool. He also has some real life to his face, nice lines, very real.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 PM) : 

I bet that he is a designer because of his glasses. Andy Warhol's dark brother?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 AM) : 

Awesome. I saw him on Broadway on Wednesday...
I love that his style is that original and theatric.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 AM) : 

I love this man's look. It just shows that narrow, fitted proportions for men WORK. Still not sold on the super-shrunken lengths in certain TB suits though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 AM) : 

He has shopped in my store before and everything (literally) about him reminds me of Warhol. He's a really nice guy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 PM) : 

I bet his outfit go nottin to do with andy, I'd say he wants to refer to the philosophical group of existentialists, from the 5os, Jean paul satre, camus and so on! anyone else share my opinion, thats exactly the look they put to the road, dangling between university and jazzclub!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (5:13 PM) : 

Best pose of this month...

Do you give directions, Scott?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:40 AM) : 

Warhol seems to be the consensus here -- but is anyone else thinking Waldo?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 PM) : 

It's Woody Allen's evil twin.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 AM) : 

He is always in the coffee shop across the street (88 Orchard) so I am sure he must be at Brown often too, as someone else mentioned! I always notice him...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:06 PM) : 

BEAUTIFUL...

seriously.

♥heidi

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 AM) : 

yeeeeesssssss!!!!!

 

Anonymous Noemie said ... (9:05 AM) : 

isnt he Christian from Project Runway? i loove him

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting