This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....West Village Print, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

On the Street.....West Village Print, New York

Comments on "On the Street.....West Village Print, New York"

 

Blogger Anna said ... (8:47 AM) : 

oh, I love the dress. but I guess I'm not the biggest fan of the shoes..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 AM) : 

oh i love it. this is the style i think of when people say new york. love norwegian

 

Blogger lucia martinez said ... (9:59 AM) : 

can I just say how pleased I am to see a dress bought from one of new york's many street vendors on here? I don't love the boots, but the dress, hair, and face are all fab.

 

Blogger Opulent CerriLynn said ... (10:22 AM) : 

Summer breeze makes me feel fine. I like the loftiness of her dress. A bit heavy--the bag and boots. She manages though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 AM) : 

First, this woman is beautiful. She has great hair, beautiful skin and teeth, and a great body.

Nice dress and jewelry. Her dress is perfect for the spring and summer. Nice use of color. I also like her gold jewelry.

I really don't like her boots or her way-to-big-for-her-frame handbag. IMHO, her boots ruin the outfit; they make her look dumpy and throw off the focal point. The color of her bag works well, but it's just too big for her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

I'm sure I won't be the only one to comment this way: Love the dress and other accessories. The boots - not so much.

I'm most curious to hear what the ladies think of those boots. I think any bulky, pancake-flat Ugg type boots shorten (and thicken) the lower legs unflatteringly, and it's a look that I was happy to see pass out of favour among style-conscious young women a couple of years ago.

But this is a lovely photograph nd I love her smile. Perhaps she has a change of shoes in her bag...

 

Blogger Abby said ... (11:06 AM) : 

Her hair, that dress, her beautiful bag and those awesome boots. I'm so jealous. Glad you captured this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

she's so happy! i love seeing a bright smile in the morningtime.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (11:10 AM) : 

Loved it until I got to the boots! Oh no. It's just too incongrous to be wearing a floaty summer dress with suede (shearling?) boots. And a sandal would be much more flattering.
Great curly hair though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

LOVE the dress, don't know about the shoes.....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

yikes. she looks like a midget in that billowy dress and no-shape boots.

The print on her dress is lovely, but the combination is unflattering

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

Wow. The dress is great but the boots weigh the whole thing down. It's spring, ladies!!

 

Blogger siongc said ... (12:13 PM) : 

Great printed dress and necklaces, but perhaps I am just a little less adventurous as I am not in favour of her choice of bag or footwear. Some strappy sandals would be perfect, albeit somewhat predictable...

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (12:17 PM) : 

My first thought was: a young Madonna Ciccone when she was a dancer in the late 70s headed for NYC. Beautiful, unique, and very funky.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

I love her dress!!!

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Everything is lovely except the boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 PM) : 

i love love love the cut, colour and fabric of the dress. it reminds me of an indian summer. who's it by?

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (1:10 PM) : 

fThat is a beautiful dress. The colors (blue & brown), the shape, the cut are spectacular. I love her necklace too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:33 PM) : 

beautiful dress

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

she looks like a hippy joanie cunningham! why did you get happy days in my head? why!?!
; )

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 PM) : 

I love the boots with the dress! It makes the look not so expected. Flats or sandals would have not done this fab woman justice.

Have some courage to mix it up, people!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:28 PM) : 

Please don't tell me those hideous boots are out of style - I'm moving back to Upstate NY and those boots are the only way I can live through winter!

 

Blogger Dwight S. Huggins =^..^= said ... (4:35 PM) : 

Great dress, the boots and bag give it a slight 'bag lady chic' which I don't think was the intended effect...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

The boots are tragic, the rest is great. She doesn't look like a New Yorker to me, though (and for what it's worth, anonymous 9:28, as a long-time resident, this isn't what I think of as NY style at all).


www.thefashioninformer.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Ok, I thought the same thing about the boots but then I looked at it some more and changed my mind. This woman embodies feminine sensuality. She is working the whole Earth mother, tribal boho look. I love it!

Great photo, Sart. I read your blog everyday. Keep up the good work!

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (6:11 PM) : 

Now...she looks HAPPY! That's nice. I like the dress, but I don't care for the boots. That would be too warm for me.

 

Blogger JO said ... (7:35 PM) : 

LOVE the dress Love the boots - I pulled this look off this weekend - camping - I couldn't resist wearing my new dress but i was camping so instead of strappy shoes I put on by bis brown bearpaws... :-) Relaxing and Beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:07 PM) : 

Everything's great except her boots. She should've worn something else. They're too bulky for her summer-y outfit.

 

Blogger erin renee said ... (9:31 PM) : 

ohhh, i thought this photo was just so surprising and wonderful!! such a fresh and sweet vibe! and still sexy at the same time. a nice switch from some of the usual hip-ness, you know what i mean? ah, she's just GORGEOUS and summer... regardless of her darn boots! love it.
p.s. to the comment from norway- she is very vintage N.Y.C. in my opinion :)

 

Blogger Rachel Souza said ... (12:52 AM) : 

Just great! I love that dress,that hair,that boots...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 AM) : 

It's funny, Sart. Before I read the headline, I thought this photo was taken at the shore! I thought the street was sand and I thought, "Aw, Sart has started Memorial Day Holiday early. Good for him..."

Have a lovely holiday.

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 AM) : 

good contrast with the boots

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:38 AM) : 

I actually like that she's wearing the boots. She looks ultra-femme and, more importantly, comfortable. A flat sandal would be okay but too typical (since it's what every fashion mag dictates).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

That is a wonderful outfit, very hip and fresh and springlike. Wonderful - except for the boots, which really are tragic. But maybe that's all she had time to grab that morning. We all have those days, I suppose. In any case she seems quite comfortable as she is and doesn't seem to care what other people think, so that counts for something.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

To me it looks as if everything is falling off her- the bag is a sack and it must be real difficult to walk in those clumsy boots.The dress doesn´t appeal to me either.

 

Blogger Bel said ... (8:14 AM) : 

Gorgeous girl. Stunning smile. Terrible outfit. There's a reason all the fashion mags pair this style of dress with sandals.

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (11:42 PM) : 

the bag and boots ruin her look..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

I like the boots!
without them, I think it would loose the sense of credible funkiness I think she was going for

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 AM) : 

the dress is very cute, love the cashmere print, the boots are an original choice but they make the dress become much less feminine and it's a pity, would have gone for slave sandals.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 AM) : 

Whatever anyone thinks of big suede boots generally, I think hers actually work really well with this outfit. If she'd worn boring old flat sandals there would be no funky edge to the look. The bag must be hell to carry, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:34 PM) : 

Everthing looks great in this picture, until you see those boots. But the dress is amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:49 PM) : 

aww i love that dress!!does anyone know where you can find it????

THANX

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 PM) : 

The boots are too slouchy for the dress. I'm imagining a nict pair of heels or flats.

 

Blogger tineMachine said ... (11:44 AM) : 

that's my friend, secada. i have never seen her wear anything but boots!

 

Blogger Thaísa said ... (9:39 PM) : 

Oh my God! The photo is so beautiful!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting