This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Jewels of Summer, Part 2

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Jewels of Summer, Part 2

Comments on "Jewels of Summer, Part 2"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:35 PM) : 

A-m-a-z-i-n-g!

she appears like a goddess to be worshipped.
my heart stopped (usually only men have this affect on me!)
earth shattering look.

 

Blogger Broady said ... (6:13 PM) : 

Very striking... but the fit is too strange for my tastes. Looks like a green sack with balloons attached to the shoulders. Pretty girl, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

LOVE that dress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 PM) : 

Looked at this for a while. It's nice but takes a while to appreciate. The dress also means that you have to very particular with your purse selection (and, therefore, what you'll be able to carry).

Impractical fashion? How...unusual.
mltt

 

Blogger upupandaway said ... (6:45 PM) : 

This is a strange fitting garment... Not one of my favorites... at all. But yay for her wearing it out, I wouldn't be able to.

 

Blogger positively the same dame said ... (6:54 PM) : 

beautiful. the shape of the bag is really nice in the way that it mirrors the shape of the sleeves, and the color of the dress itself is fantastic. nothing but net here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 PM) : 

I LOVE THIS DRESS. Anyone know who it's by?

 

Blogger Lilith said ... (7:02 PM) : 

I have a question for the fashion sages here: What is the scoop on wearing several delicate necklaces like the woman in this picture? To me, this particular dress would look better without necklaces (or a single, bolder one) but I would guess she always wears one, some, or all of these trinkets.

I’ve always forgone every-day jewelry (even a wedding ring!) because I am particular about accessorizing "just right." So I’m curious: Have I been fretting over nothing? Or, can one – say, gold-cross-on-a-chain, really ruin the styling of an outfit that doesn’t necessarily call for such an accessory?

Cheers,
Jennifer

P.S. I love the dress. The color looks great with her tan! Love the shoes too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 PM) : 

Hot damn she looks good! Love her everyday jewellry with such an outstanding dress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 PM) : 

Ah! The Mushroom dress. Not many can pull off this look, as witnessed here...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 PM) : 

i believe the dress is by stella mccartney...i love the color but i think it takes a very strong person to pull off that sort of sleeve. she does it well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 PM) : 

Anybody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is a Stella McCartney

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:39 PM) : 

She is such a fashionista - and she looks absolutely amazing! Great pic Sart.

 

Blogger simplyolive said ... (7:40 PM) : 

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes!!

and she has fantastic legs!

the dress is cute too--love the edge the shoe gives to it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 PM) : 

I love the sleeves and the color of that dress!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:57 PM) : 

I just made a post but I don't know if it went through, but I LOVE the color and sleeve shape of that frock

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 PM) : 

the light in this photo is perfection. it makes the glimmering emerald of her dress and the golden glow of her skin just sing... lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 PM) : 

Lilith or Jennifer - re: your comment on accessories - this look harkens towards ladies tennis - they put so much effort towards a "new" look for every big slam tournament - only to seemingly junk it up w/ tic tac jewelry or outrageous other junk/accessories. Sharapova always has a cross chain and long gold earrings - and the William sisters - don't get me started.
For every day - I watch it - but I don't edit my wedding ring as it is plain enough (but I have considered it)....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:40 PM) : 

What I really love about this look is that she's got casual hair, little make-up and bare legs (which happen to be gorgeous). It really balances the dress which would too frou-frou with if she was too polished.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:41 PM) : 

this fashionista has been on this site many times non? Who is she?

 

Blogger Conchita said ... (9:41 PM) : 

love the color. very refreshing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 PM) : 

SWOON!! That Stella dress! GOD I love her wardrobe!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 PM) : 

Oh, and about the layered delicate necklaces- I think that's what makes this outfit look unique to this individual and envokes her personal style instead of "what is prescribed or considered right"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 PM) : 

Gorgeous colour and great choice of shoes.

Your photos always make me smile. :-)

 

Blogger Janets Planet said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Return of the poofy sleeve?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:09 PM) : 

i love everything about it, but you have to admit it does look like she strapped a head of lettuce to each shoulder!!! i would, however, recommend this dress in a different color

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 PM) : 

Usually I really like the stuff you post but this is not working for me. The huge puffy sleeves seem to overpower the super short sheath of the rest of the dress giving it a really top-heavy look. Love the colour though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 PM) : 

the dress is a little weird...but it's growing on me. i think the whole look would be better if she got rid of the jewelry and chose to forgo carrying a bag altogether...although i realize this is not a practical solution...i guess what i'm saying is- the sleeves are two accessories which can't tolerate competition.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:36 AM) : 

The color of this dress...perfect this season

 

Blogger Golden Gate Mama said ... (1:49 AM) : 

perfection. the necklaces add a youthful, casual touch. absolutely beautiful. i disagree with a previous commenter; this dress can be worn with a variety of bag styles..

anyway, this is one of the best looks i've seen for women so far (on this blog).


it doesn't mean that i would wear this. some readers are so self-obsessed! it isn't always about us..

forget that we might not be able to rock it. it's still a beautiful, tight yet playful ensemble.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 AM) : 

i love love her shoes!

 

Blogger Hipilona said ... (2:50 AM) : 

Now that´s what I call a bon bon !

I specially like the way her hair colour and eyes combine with the dress.

I love the form of the dress, it is very light in a way, she looks likefrom a fairy tale.

 

Blogger Bel said ... (6:33 AM) : 

Love everything about that outfit, except the sleeves.

The colour is exquisite against her olive skin and her legs are amazing.

Oh, and those shoes - OMG - stunning!

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (6:52 AM) : 

haaaa i want that dress!
love the color too

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:30 AM) : 

I love this. The dress is simple and dramatic. Plus she finishes it off with fabulous legs and shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 AM) : 

Beautiful legs...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

OHHH..

Maybe I have just morphed into a cranky old lady but that dress looks like the top half of a bad '80's bride's maid dress. All it is missing is the huge butt-bow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

I love layered gold necklaces - they add individuality to an outfit and its a fun way to twist wearing some really classic pieces. I love to layer anything with my grandmother gold wedding ring on a chain...

 

Blogger blindfaith said ... (9:41 AM) : 

She's Anna Della Russo, editor of Vogue Hommes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Lilith-jennifer, I agree: these necklaces are impossible!!!

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (9:59 AM) : 

That's l'uomo Vogue's Anna Dello Russo.
And for those who commented that they liked the dress, but not the sleeves: that dress IS the sleeves! The sleeves are what make it so amazing and fashion-forward in terms of proportion. Without the oversized sleeves, it's just a basic sheath. It's not a look for everyone, but like the Prada satin ultra-mini she was pictured in here before, Anna wears it well!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Nice dress, very nice shoes and gorgeous legs. ..I like this picture, but I agree with lilith: too many necklaces.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:43 AM) : 

too stuffy for summer!

 

Blogger LLBBMia said ... (1:36 PM) : 

Beautiful shoes ! but I'm not sure about the dress, the shoulders thing...it looks like she's smuggling beach balls

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 PM) : 

Anna has the best legs and she knows how to work them!

I LOVE this picture sart it is stunning!! The Alaia shoes in that tan shade compliments her Stella McCartney dress and Bottega bag.. (noticed that I mentioned all the brands) I wonder what her everyday style is like. :D

Her legs are to die for!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 PM) : 

oh the great necklace debate...I feel like some women can pull off wearing the same necklace(s) everyday and it can look "put together" with any outfit. I am not one of those women. Wish I was although I just can't seem to be satisfied unless I am wearing what accessorizes best with what I am wearing that particular day...whether it's one bold necklace, 3 delicate chains, or nothing at all.

I like this dress a lot - but in any other more drab color I don't think it would work. It almost looks like something one could sew up themselves - simple - yet probably quite complex. I am going to check the Stella collection right now...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:09 PM) : 

I love this...if it were only sleeveless.

Great shoes, though

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:05 PM) : 

The shoes-- oh, the shoes! Whose are they?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:45 PM) : 

Wow, she is smoking hot with that dress and shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

I like Everything but those sleeves that make her arms look too skinny.

 

Blogger FeiraChic said ... (12:39 PM) : 

Beautiful. The sleeves are amazing and so is the color of the dress.
She's got the legs to wear something so short.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:35 PM) : 

simply smashing !

the color is divine.
the simplicity of the shift with the extravagant sleeves makes for a perfect balance.

go stella!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 PM) : 

Seems like a nighttime, cocktail dress, not a day dress. Too formal for walking around town.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Hey! I have a very similar dress but even nicer!!!
Would you like to take a photo of it when I'll be in new york in august? hehe

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:24 PM) : 

On second thought the sleeves make her look like a beautiful butterfly ready to fly off.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (9:33 AM) : 

for 6:30pm
she was going to the 8pm Prada show not just kicking around the hood

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:51 AM) : 

i love the color and those shoes...OMG

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:14 PM) : 

I think she looks great, I love the color, and the dress is gorgeous; maybe is uncommon, but in my opinion, that's part of the loveliness of the dress.

 

Blogger Kari said ... (1:48 PM) : 

Why don't I have more dresses in that color? Beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:09 PM) : 

It's the legs people. that, and the fab, tanned, healthy and -clean look of all else, 'min' shoes incl, that help pull off this magical color and proportion.Georgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:40 PM) : 

Oh em gee -
I'm sixteen: I hope and pray I look this amazing when I reach my thirties.

 

Blogger *moggit girls said ... (2:51 PM) : 

The shoes....

*le sigh*

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting