This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.......Chopped Leather Pants, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, July 29, 2007

On the Street.......Chopped Leather Pants, Paris

Comments on "On the Street.......Chopped Leather Pants, Paris"

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (11:17 AM) : 

I love the contrast between the harshness of the outfit and the lushness of the trees. The environment determines so much how fashion makes or brakes the character of a city. As always Paris is such a beautiful backdrop.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 PM) : 

I absolutely love this outfit...the jacket and shirt add a sense of refinement and formality while the wearer really maintains a feeling of sportiness (there is a hint of jockey)

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (12:58 PM) : 

It takes serious commitment to chop your leather pants. I wonder if he did it himself? I couldn't.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

are those really leather pants? i love how worn they look. this outfit looks so comfortable - i would unbutton the jacket though - and the boots are outstanding.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 PM) : 

i actually surprised myself and i like this look. good spot sart.

 

Blogger Hebden said ... (3:53 PM) : 

I love the whole upper class vagrant looks that some of the gentlemen you've photographed recently have been sporting.

 

Blogger O!Lightning said ... (4:27 PM) : 

his deails contribute a lot. His necklace and shoes really pull the outfit together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:11 PM) : 

I absolutely love the shoes. I wonder where he got them from...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:39 PM) : 

love this - am off to find some leather pants now to chop for myself!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

Great look. I ssaw a similar jacket (APC) and it was a two button waxed cotton. I wonder who this jacket is from?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 PM) : 

An interesting look, perhaps for the advanced dressers; very easy to get this one wrong I'd imagine.

The only false note (for me, anyway) is how short his legs look due to the proportions of the jacket and pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 PM) : 

The shoes are best in this pic. Otherwise the man looks quite short in his outfit-maybe the shortened pants gives this impression.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 PM) : 

Brilliant look. I happen to be heading to Paris in the fall. Can anyone recommend some shops--clothing or otherwise--worth visiting?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:39 AM) : 

Leder Ho San

 

Blogger Butch said ... (7:24 AM) : 

Sorry, but the proportions are woefully off, making the guy look, well, dwarfish.

And leather pants in summer? (Or any time?)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:13 AM) : 

I think that the boots are Pantafolo d'Oro.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (8:33 AM) : 

I love his shoes!

 

Blogger will anderson said ... (9:03 AM) : 

this is great. i dont see myself in cropped leather trousers...but it certainly inspires the unusual item. this is cool. thanks sart.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (10:25 AM) : 

I'm digging it. I wish the bag wasn't leather. I think a cotton type bag would work well with the shirt. The boots are my favourite part as well. The police in Salvador Brazil wear similar ones. My husband tried to buy a pair off of one while we were there last year!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:58 PM) : 

Those shoes reminds me of vintage boxing shoes. And I love the light weight tote satchel type bag that he uses to balance the heavier textures of leather( pants and shoes). Visually satiated my need for chic. Thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:08 PM) : 

Love the fit of jacket and the length of pants.

 

Blogger Adam said ... (3:56 AM) : 

i love the jacket and the boots look like the boxing type boots from the f/w 07/08 miu miu collection.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 PM) : 

Proportion, proportion, proportion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:24 PM) : 

Pants make him look younger - mission accomplished!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:14 AM) : 

I'm pretty sure the pants aren't leather, but a cotton. They look like "rotten banana" half chinos by the Japanese brand wjk.

 

Blogger sara said ... (1:07 PM) : 

this style is super!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:15 PM) : 

LOVES IT!! I find it super-inspiring in terms of contrasts. I especially love the shawl lapel on his jacket, and his lovely boots which I think pull the entire outfit together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

I love the idea of chopping off the leather pants!! I'm going to do it. With great shoes and small soft jacket it is great. Once again, nothing I would find in Vogue, but way better.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting