This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Soho, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, July 30, 2007

On the Street......Soho, New York

Comments on "On the Street......Soho, New York"

 

Blogger Romeika said ... (10:28 AM) : 

Ow how beautiful. NY City must be so rich in different cultures and ethnicities. Good job.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:29 AM) : 

Beautiful dress! Love the color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to love fashion-wise about this picture. That's a sack of a dress doing nothing for her. The shoes are nothing to speak of. Is is the print? She is pretty, but I don't get what's interesting or attractive about the clothes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 AM) : 

I think the point of this is the photo. The mom's smooth, straight hair juxtaposed with the child's big hair is a great contrast. (I love big hair)

I think the dress's pattern and sheen is cool. Not a flattering fit, but that's often the case with a lot of these photos.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 AM) : 

gorgeous, interesting, artful and not the obligatory trend look....thank you!

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (11:22 AM) : 

I can't decide who is more unique looking. A really interesting image.

 

Blogger Nerine said ... (11:36 AM) : 

That kid's is awesome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

Oh what a gorgeous shot. I'd like to see more of it, a tiny bit, on the right and less on the left, but it's still positively gorgeous because of its textures, colours and facial expressions!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 PM) : 

i saw these two (and daddy, too) on hudson street yesterday, and she had on a really pretty off-white and red polka dot dress. A stunning, stylish family!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 PM) : 

I'm with Jen on this one. But the kid's hair is amazing. I love it. A belt could do wonders for the woman's dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 PM) : 

The caregiver's dress has such a lovely sheeny-shiny thing going for it.

Love the kid's hair!

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

I think she is gorgeous and the dress looks great on her and it's about time you shot some yummy mummies!!! more please!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

the child totally makes the shot. makes me want to go fro out my own hair for the day!

 

Blogger Blue Floppy Hat said ... (1:25 PM) : 

I can't decide what's sweeter: the lady's pretty-printed dress or the HUGE hair of the child in the pushchair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

This is one of Dries Van Noten's genius dresses from his Spring line. She looks perfect in it! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 PM) : 

Isn't this the serenely beautiful woman you photographed at the Dries show?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

Beautiful fabric! Lovely woman and child.

Oh, they make me nostalgic for the "old" SoHo.

-- desertwind

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (3:04 PM) : 

here's a thought - flattering is subjective. the color is gorgeous on her, the hair is so beautifully down yet back (people always get haircuts these days, never bothering with hairstyles!), and that dress, the length, the material, it flatters her very much. does everything have to be cinched and pinched and cut low to flatter? for all we know, she has a wide wide waist, in which case isn't this the smartest sartorial choice she could make anyway? i think she looks wonderful.

 

Blogger Susanna said ... (3:23 PM) : 

I think the best thing in this photo is the child's hair. That's one stylin' babe!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (3:46 PM) : 

Jen...it's not ALWAYS about fashion on this blog. It's not ALWAYS about cloths. Mr Sartorialist also likes to shoot interesting people.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 PM) : 

Both are lovely and so natural. I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 PM) : 

there's something natural and so easy about this shot that for me it makes it such a great nyc shot.

so i guess i would disagree with jen. but i can see why people outside of the city may not like this...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:31 PM) : 

sublime.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 PM) : 

the first thing that jumped out at me was the mama vs. baby hair, loooove it! Then the color of the baby blanket just POPS against the navy of the stroller. I also love the little splash of red off of the top of the cup. Is that a McDoo's iced coffee? LOL!

 

Blogger Gudl said ... (8:52 PM) : 

This is truly a great shot!
I love the dress of the Mom, but also the expression in their faces.
This is so 'real life'

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:32 PM) : 

This picture is great. I would present this as a representation of multiculturalism in America, the subtitle would be 'Where do we come from?'.

Besides that I love her artsy look. And as others have said, thank you for not putting out the same old trendy big sunglass wearing fashionistas. Trend is tiresome.

Jenny :o)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 PM) : 

wow, more more more of these *please*
totally inspiring for me as a new mom who tries desperately to stay stylin'

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 PM) : 

Unbelievably beautiful! Brings instant smiles!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

I don't know why one would call this lovely woman with fashion flair the "caregiver." Be careful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 AM) : 

I think you spell
SoHo, New York and
Soho, London

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

love the kid's hair!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 PM) : 

Uh...Ok, I'll bite. WOW! What a great blanket! The texture is so...textural!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:17 PM) : 

aww I love this shot. Contrasting cultures, patterns and textures... similar expression shared by mom and child.
Sart. this put a smile on my face. Continue to shoot the interesting and unique. I agree it doesn't always need to be about the clothes.

 

Blogger Jordan said ... (9:18 PM) : 

This is your first, I believe, photo of a woman with child in tow. I applaud, I applaud. For, i am a woman with three children in tow and isn't that the greatest fashion feat of all?--to be such a woman "en vogue"? I make a motion that a series of such women should be done.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 PM) : 

I actually passed this woman while she was wearing this dress! I had thought about how fabulous she looked with her kid in tow that Sunday afternoon.
How exciting to see something on here that you had seen in real life and thought was wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 PM) : 

I agree with editor. I think she looks gorgeous and I really like the fit of the dress.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:44 AM) : 

I like the picture...well especially of the child looking as if he or she is hiding :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

She looks like a painting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 AM) : 

Er, there is nothing wrong with calling someone a caregiver. It is in fact wonderfully evocative and polite. We don't know if this woman is a mother or a nanny or an aunt or what. Caregiver is the correct term to use and it certainly isn't a non-positive thing to say.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:17 AM) : 

My favorite Sartorialist picture so far. What is so appealing is a beauty that is almost incidental. Not a contrast in hair texture or ethnicities, the world is a big place with alot of different people in it.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting