This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.......Summer Cardigan, Soho

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, July 29, 2007

On the Street.......Summer Cardigan, Soho


No matter how hot it is outside, it is always colder in your office.

Comments on "On the Street.......Summer Cardigan, Soho"

 

Blogger Chloe Bee said ... (10:15 AM) : 

The need for a summer cardigan is noted, I believe, somewhere in a tome titled "Specific Truths and Decidedly Unhelpful Solutions." -- By which I mean: the moment you leave your office you shall be dying of heat, however the moment you step inside it will feel as though you are stricken with fever.

This young lady looks quite lovely, might I add.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

Absolutely cute and girly!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Wery cute dress,and I love her hair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Cardigans are a staple for me at the office in the summer as it is SO DARN COLD THERE...I actually heard a really interesting radio piece recently about how summer office temperatures are often set at a temperature that is comfortable for men, forcing women to cover up. Women have a greater surface to volume ratio and so dissipate heat more readily than men and get cold more easily (counter-intuitive when you think of women as having more body fat). Anyhow. :) Sweet little cardigans are wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

No matter how hot it is outside, this girl is hotter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 PM) : 

absolutely gorgeous! now i know how to cut my hair :D

 

Blogger Ryfka said ... (12:18 PM) : 

Simply BEAUTIFUL! I love everything about her. Great shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

i love the whole outfit and her haircut is adorable! i wear cardigans as a cover up over everything :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

The dress is from Madras, you can get it från APC and the shoes is from APC!

 

Blogger Last Day Emails said ... (1:13 PM) : 

The icy office phenom really bothers me --women are so passive/tough --as in, they'll tough it out instead of trying to do something about it. "It's ok, I'll just drape a flannel blanket over me when I'm inside." Luckily, my current employer is not as sadistic with the A/C. But at my old office, I often sat on my hands to regain feeling in them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

I'm addicted to cardigans, they are the best! Totally wearable with everything from jeans and sneakers to fancy dresses (depending, naturally, on the material of the cardy - but a cashmere one works with everything!). The office that I work in is very hot (no air conditioning) and since I live in a windy city in the north (Gothenburg) I wear a cardigan instead of a jacket when I go to/from work and take it off when I come inside. Anyway, this girl looks absolutely adorable and I just love her hair! So very 'pixie goes 21st century'. This is the picture to bring to the hairdresser and say "I want to look like this".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:57 PM) : 

Lovely hair and great combining of colours.

 

Blogger MARIA H said ... (5:32 PM) : 

I work in NYC with a very cosmopolitan crowd, that helps with flexibility on the 70 degrees that is mandatory in most offices across the USA. Shrugs, cardigans, wraps, leggings, many devices to fight the same convenience taken to annoyance. I vote for 76 degrees as a new standard.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

that dress is the epitome of feminine chic. i admire the sharp neck detail.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (6:57 PM) : 

Love the Agness Deyn hair!

 

Blogger Frida said ... (7:34 PM) : 

Gorgeous dress!

 

Blogger Cut of cloth said ... (8:39 PM) : 

A gamine feminine charm
At first glance
The trapeze dress
Flares Toddler-like
yoke sitting high
SCHOOL GIRL HAND KNIT
by Granny collared cardigan
A Continuous Loop of
Cool Mint Wool
The pose is sweet
the hair cropped short
head tilted
questioning
the expression....?
Teasing
long legs seductively captured
in HIGH HEELED shoes
legs slightly turned
Eyes
Knowing!

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (8:54 PM) : 

funny caption!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 PM) : 

I think the cardigan is a tiny bit long, but I do love this outfit, which is perfect with this slightly punky hair. Tres chic.

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (9:33 PM) : 

Nice hair..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 PM) : 

i'm a guy and it's still stinkin' cold in my office; the full zip hoody is my staple

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 PM) : 

didn't we see her in paris saying "send money for shoes?" is this your wife sart? Enchanting - she is too fun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:45 PM) : 

incredible shot. how do you get your models to pose like that? are they models in real life and know how to stand one leg bent and shoulders sloped? the colors of the dress contrast beautifully with the hot sun in the pic.

and about the office temps.....this is my pet peeve. i cannot understand why anybody wants a freezing office. summers are so short, we must celebrate warmth. i vote for 76deg too, along with lighter clothing that is cut to expose more skin male or female. we should not be using so much electricity. another interesting thing, NYC insides seem cooler than Chicago, maybe i'm imagining it, but i always feel cooler in NYC clubs.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 AM) : 

The knitwear looks quite used. Maybe a pashmina would look better.How about the feet? Does not the feet get cold too.I would recommend warm socks too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 AM) : 

The flirty summer dress is lovingly contrasted with the demure cardigan, all in light appropriate colours....gamine cute.

 

Blogger MacGuffin said ... (1:23 AM) : 

Just beautiful, from head to toe.

 

Blogger Diana Coronado said ... (4:16 AM) : 

Cute, cute cute!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:01 AM) : 

so so true, no matter how hot it is outside & which case it is malaysia which has summer all year long, it's always winter in my office. although the lack of snow it's always below 20 degrees & most times 16 degrees. i only wear a jacket/sweater over though :/, & i can't wear skirts!

 

Blogger Camille Acey said ... (5:48 AM) : 

The nice summer sweater is something most clothing manufacturers seemed to have overlooked. There are two few light and feminine sweaters to wear over all the little dresses I've been wearing.. Hey fashion world, don't forget our cardigans next summer!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (8:01 AM) : 

Yes! We must allways have a cardigan, even at summer time. The one she is using is so simple and so cute. She looks great!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (9:36 AM) : 

I love this primarily because of her great short hair. How can you not love short hair? Long hair would be so boring with this outfit - the bluntness of the style and colour is perfect with the femininity of her dress/cardigan and shoes.

 

Blogger Romeika said ... (10:30 AM) : 

hahaha that's true!! Back in my hometown in Brazil, it could be superhot outdoors, but as soon as i entered in my office it was like north pole! I always carried a summer jacket with me. Good tip ^^

 

Blogger -kal- said ... (10:45 AM) : 

she looks really sweet..
but i wish there was a photo of her without the cardi, the dress looks really promising!!!

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (11:20 AM) : 

I love the idea of this look, but I'm sorry...I think the cardigan is a little too big and boxy with such a voluminous dress.

P.S. She's gorgeous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

Beautiful girl looks like Agyness Deyyn.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 PM) : 

I'm pretty sure the dress is A.P.C.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (3:48 PM) : 

her hair!!!!

 

Blogger upupandaway said ... (8:51 PM) : 

This is fabulous. It reminds me of myself, and how fashion is about humanity too! WE DO GET SO COLD IN THE AIR CONDITIONING! I love you for understanding. Spread the love.

 

Blogger JO said ... (11:56 AM) : 

Oh so cute - she looks perfect, love it all the shoes, dress, and cardi too!!! Comfort and style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:36 PM) : 

Wow!
What a cute outfit!

 

Blogger benson said ... (12:02 AM) : 

I hope she thanks her parents for such a gorgeous face and her hairdresser for the fabulous cut...to die for!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

very cute dress, even cuter girl

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 AM) : 

Looks like a prettier version of Mariacarla Boscone, I really appreciate how it's becoming more accepted for women to cut their hair in short, practical and beautiful styles, how you can wear your hair short and still not feel like less of a woman. Great picture overall.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 AM) : 

Yes, I agree with you all! She's gorgeous, she's fab, she has great hair, great pose, and why the heck are offices so damn cold when it's HOT outside - BUT I have one tiny tiny critique to make: it's a winter cardi. She looks like she must be hot and itchy outside. Sounds like cavilling, but a slighty lighter-weight cardi would have looked better.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting