This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On The Street.......Simply Chic, Upper East Side

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

On The Street.......Simply Chic, Upper East Side

This look could have veered off into dowdy or made her look older than she is but I think she did a great job finding the right size and accessories to make this so chic and sophisticated.
I length it all rides on the length of the dress and the narrowness of the shoulders that creates the right proportion .

Comments on "On The Street.......Simply Chic, Upper East Side"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

I adore this look. I bought a similar dress for the fall. I really appreciate this inspiration! I was nervous about wearing the full black ensemble. But she rocks it!

 

Blogger JO said ... (10:48 AM) : 

she looks so great - I LOVE this outfit! I want it and her bag!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:54 AM) : 

What about her fabulous legs and shoes! She looks wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Not much a fan of this myself... I think it's sort of the look the fashionista "clackers" (watch Devil Wears Prada if you don't know the definition) wear because it's safe rather than pushing their creative limits.

Much credit does go out for the shoe bootie.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (10:57 AM) : 

The dress is cut beautifully and her shoes are fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Absolutely wonderful!
I like her smile and the way she looks at all.
I agree with the first anonymous comment: an inspiration!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

How sweet it is! That dress makes me happy that Fall is around the corner - literally!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 AM) : 

Somehow I disagree with you Sart.The girl is pretty,she has gorgeous hair,she is light in structure and the black tights,the bag and even the shoes are ok,but----the dress is a little girl´s dress.Just look at it closely.Only the color is not the one I´d choose for my child!

 

Blogger nolifebeforecoffee said ... (11:59 AM) : 

black & black & black - simply love this dress! beautiful

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:08 PM) : 

I've been really hating this tent/babydoll dress trend & can't wait for it to end, but Sart is right --this is a good example of someone pulling it off well by keeping the dress small in the right areas.

 

Blogger Françoise said ... (12:38 PM) : 

J'adore. The shoes are adorable. Clean look. I'm speechless (almost).

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (12:47 PM) : 

She looks great! Beautiful dress, beautiful shoes, beautiful bag, beautiful hair!

 

Blogger marie said ... (1:06 PM) : 

I, too, love everything she is wearing! I especially love the cut on her dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 PM) : 

wow, she looks great, the opaque tights are just perfect with this ensemble

 

Blogger mitsue said ... (1:53 PM) : 

yes, she's cute, and appropriately dressed to go to her friend's uncle's funeral.

Her style is impeccable. I like that it's demure, and has an understated elegance, great. but it's too safe. If not some accessory, do something with your hair.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (3:08 PM) : 

I agree! I also think it is a very flattering dress because it hides a lot of stuff.

It is the length of the dress that made it look young and hip.

 

Blogger chalkboards said ... (3:27 PM) : 

Great shot Sart. If I may offer a suggestion, set up your blog so you can comment and look at the picture at the same time. It's hard sometimes remembering what the outfit looked like. I love your blog though keep it up.

 

Blogger Claire said ... (3:27 PM) : 

I am dying to know where she got the dress. I'm having a hard time seeing many fall looks that seem applicable to real life but this dress seems wearable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 PM) : 

We forgive her for wearing all that black with pantyhose, thus anticipating winter, because she is very well dressed, very lovely.

 

Blogger Ken Izawa said ... (4:33 PM) : 

I think this ensemble does push to creative limits, as it is seemingly daring to wear an all-black outfit in the middle of the day. Good for her to be able to pull it off so nicely! It's isn't just anyone who can pull off the right pieces, all in black, to introduce an element of evening chic in broad day light.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:55 PM) : 

She's trend-aware but not a total fashion slave (thank god for that). Booties are the it shoes of the season;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 PM) : 

she looks like an everyday working woman with great style...she's one to be admired. good spot sart!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

She looks perfect. Honestly, I believe most women want to dress this way when they're off to work -- discreet, classic, not too showy but not wallflowery either. As you said, the key to this look is all in the fit -- and I am liking her shoes a lot as well. Her great hair and beautiful smile don't hurt either.

 

Blogger phoenix said ... (10:10 PM) : 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this look. And the dress has pockets!! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 PM) : 

the perfect lbd!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 AM) : 

ok.. i'm ever so hesitantly appreciating the bootie. (i know they are IT for Fall.) i may never buy a pair myself (i have wide-ish feet, it'll never work, right?) but the patent shoe combined with the perfectly opaque tights of matching color almost make me want a pair :( i usually just cannot stand them chopping off at the ankle like they do, and they make me think of hooves (which kinda sounds gracefully equine, but but it just doesn't happen that way in my head), but the low contrast between shoe and leg reduce that effect nicely. i really can't think of any other shoe that would better suit this outfit. she's perfect, and i would do bad things to get my hands on that chic little shift. one in every color, please.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:33 AM) : 

I love this dress and will try to track down something similar for myself. Dresses are a good workplace solution when you want to look smart but not overformal.

However I would probably add a long necklace or pendant to add a bit of extra interest...

 

Blogger ele há dias felizes said ... (10:25 AM) : 

absolutely FANTASTIC!
super glamour for the working girl! I'm going for the whole look this Fall!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 PM) : 

LOVES! A very versatile look - perfect for the Susq by day or Tony's at night!

 

Blogger AL said ... (3:33 AM) : 

Black is back and i didn't know it?!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 PM) : 

I can't help it. I love the little-girl dress trend. I miss the simple, adorable dresses I got to wear as a kid and see no reason I shouldn't wear them now, too, if I feel like it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 AM) : 

I love it!

Kinf of 60's spirit...

I L-O-V-E the shoes!

A.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 PM) : 

I love it all.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting