This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Dries Van Noten

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, October 22, 2007

At Dries Van Noten

Comments on "At Dries Van Noten"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

Dark shirt with suit, hmm. I'm with Clemenza: "Leave the gun. Take the cannolis."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 AM) : 

I guess this is like a "Classic Fit?" It's uncommon to see such loose fitting suits these days what with all the peacocks strutting in their slim fits (wink)

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:11 AM) : 

Such refinement and elegance. Dries is the best.

 

Blogger Landis said ... (10:13 AM) : 

now, see, if i saw him walking towards me in a garden i would think two things:

1) covet the suit. must have the suit.

2) where the hell is david lynch when you need him?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

Actually his suit is loose in a nice way.Elegant. But this guy has too much hair on his head. A new haircut could do the world of difference.

 

Blogger Pauspling said ... (11:45 AM) : 

I love the fact that you show both women and men. Many street fashion sites are very women-focused.

Thanks for that! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:27 PM) : 

Hi,
I really like his clothes, but his hair is sth. I need to getting used to!

Franz Benjamin

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:50 PM) : 

A very elegant ninja...

 

Blogger Sartorial Guru said ... (3:00 PM) : 

I really don't get it. The trouser looks extremely large. The trouser does not fit the jacket. (fashion Victim)

 

Blogger ricpic said ... (3:28 PM) : 

Great hair. Too much material in the pants. Would've been better plain not pleated.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:29 PM) : 

reminds me of Richard Lewis.

 

Blogger Butch said ... (3:51 PM) : 

Hmmmm. Well. Not so sure--not sure at all--that you can do the shorter jacket thing with a DB cut without it looking clownish on. And the very full pants don't help matters.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 PM) : 

1985 lives again!

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (4:45 PM) : 

I have NEVER seen anyone look good in a double breasted suit. It tends to overwhelm a slim frame, like in this photo, or make a rotund person look fat.

The cut and fit here looks a little like 1950s Charlie Chaplin. Give him a hat and a cane and he's ready to go.

 

Blogger DC Goodwill Fashionista said ... (6:18 PM) : 

Usually the terms "three-button double-breasted" and "pleated pants" send shivers down my spine (and not the good kind, either), but this chap manages to pull of the look quite well. And the hair's great, too! -the DCGF

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:39 PM) : 

love the double breast and pleats, but wish it it just a touch trimmer.

but i'm probably half his age, so that's subjectivity at its finest

 

Blogger indigo16 said ... (6:40 PM) : 

I always love your backdrops but this one was particularly beautiful.The clothes as always are lovely too.

 

Blogger DeepBlueSea said ... (7:03 PM) : 

Damn, that fella is slick!

- Agent Cooper, Twin Peaks. (or what he MIGHT have said...)

Funny, Landis had a similar association...
great minds eh?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:00 PM) : 

I love the drape going on here. It's so close to being off, and it's still right on!

 

Blogger Sartorial Guru said ... (9:29 PM) : 

Sorry, I guess don't get Dries. In my opinion this is not close to being a sartorial look. One would consider this high fashion. The look has no saying power.(Fashion victim) Somewhere between Dries and Thom Browne theres the perfcet fit(look)

 

Blogger jamesylala said ... (11:08 PM) : 

OMYGAWD...He looks so Dashing!!! I wish to high heaven i could pull off pleated pants like that. That suits just kills. Of course, I'd smack my granny (bless her departed soul) for a head of hair like his!!!
Cheers Jamesy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 PM) : 

A little too Night at the Roxberry for me. Now that song is stuck in my head... What is love? Baby don't hurt me, no more.

 

Blogger Rebecca V. O'Neal said ... (12:05 AM) : 

elegantly tapered pallazzo pants = heaven

his expression makes the outfit though

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 AM) : 

198?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:10 AM) : 

Ah, very nice. It's so refreshing to see a man in a suit that actually *fits* and not the Pee-Wee style that far too many has fallen for.

 

Blogger Stratos Bacalis said ... (9:24 AM) : 

Very 80s. Very boring. Uninspired.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

I'm torn.

Perhaps Stevie Nicks has sent her 'Stand Back: The Video' dancer minion to Dries Van Noten to perform witch majic.

Perhaps Paul Mercurio is repurposing that 'Strictly Ballroom' wardrobe.

If the crotch was lower I'd torture you with a MC Hammer quote.

I don't like it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 PM) : 

I'll take him.

 

Blogger Haircuts... said ... (1:15 PM) : 

A very thick hair, it looks in a way robust, and it suits very fine to his masculine and sturdy shape of face

 

Blogger Anna-Lyssa said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Aside from the large-haired, well-suited gentleman...
may I just say that the Dries show...
the Dries show!!!!
was.
absolutely.
spectacular.
I am in love with it.
In LOVE.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

Hammer time!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

I think he looks great! Few Men can wear that no path hair style.
I think it works for him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 PM) : 

horrible suit, horrible fit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 AM) : 

This look is dated on an older man such as him. That said, still a chic suit.

Great photo.

 

Blogger londondog said ... (5:04 AM) : 

He looks good but I much more like a d-b suit on older men - preferably in tweed...

 

Blogger zuccotto said ... (11:16 AM) : 

I think the suit fits beautifully. Love the total-suit drape.

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (2:16 PM) : 

Lots interesting ideas here! I like the trouser break, and the jacket is kind of brilliant. For some reason I think of YSL's Le Smoking when I focus on him from the waist up!

 

Blogger Ily said ... (7:27 PM) : 

I usually oppose double-breasted suits, but this guy definitely has a look, and he works it.

*ily
http://theonepercentclub.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:32 PM) : 

Perfect, very fine: Any contrary comment is pure envy (cout of hair included -and I don't bold absolutely-): Risky, but the elegance must be brave and quiet, and he go very relaxed as he go. I only have problem with the color of shirt and the buttons size of jacket: But elegance itsn't synonymous of correction. His appearance is correct and subversive while.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:15 PM) : 

Excuses: My English is to kill me. Shortly it will be better. Promised.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting