This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Colors of Fall, New York

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, November 29, 2007

On the Street.....Colors of Fall, New York

Comments on "On the Street.....Colors of Fall, New York"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

I love your blog because you show everyday outfits and not just weird wacky or fashion forward stuff.
She looks lovely, her hair is beautiful and her clothes complement and look like they are doing a good job of keeping her warm.
Getting dressed everyday and braving the world can be an effort and to be inspired by your photos is wonderful food for thought.
Thank you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

fall in the city colors indeed, nice outfit

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:00 AM) : 

Grey looks best on redheads AND in autumn. Something about the overall light being so delicate as compared to summer when it can be harsh.

 

Blogger Haircuts... said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Beautiful color-tone´s, if she just have a page-form with that nice and slightly curls of hers all shall be homogenous and delicious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

I like the quirkiness of this outfit, but I find it just a bit sloppy. My favorite part though is her hair. Absolutely lovely color.

 

Blogger livie xoxo said ... (10:24 AM) : 

this girl is fantastic: i covet how good she looks while being completely aware of the time of year. adn all the pieces took thought to put them together, without looking done. this is wonderful. it also doesnt hurt that redheads are stunning.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 AM) : 

love the hair and the shoes. gray looks amazing on red heads indeed.

 

Blogger Landis said ... (10:32 AM) : 

SEE?

this is why i would be a redhead in a heartbeat.

if i were a woman with long hair.

and if i had hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

Such nice Colours!
she looks so warm!

 

Blogger Jessica Quirk said ... (10:52 AM) : 

I didn't realize her hair was so red... but it all works and looks really nice with her bag, which is my fave part of the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:57 AM) : 

I love how both the jacket and skirt are full yet she doesn't look at all, well, full. Just comfortable and beautiful in a perfect mix of colors. Red hair is such an amazing accessory!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Such loose, light layers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:05 AM) : 

I have long, red hair; though not as copper-colored as the woman in the pic. I love wearing rust, copper and bronze colors. I found a metallic bronze raincoat in a thrift shop recently and bought it because I liked it so much with my hair and coloring. It's a good color to pair with a neutral like grey, navy blue or black. That's basically my wardrobe colors. I've learned so much reading this blog, thanks!

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (11:39 AM) : 

I love it! Her hair is so beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

love the hair and damn! she is working that ugly betty bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

oh shes just stunning. i think if i saw her on the street i would actually stop just to look at her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:30 PM) : 

Love the colors! So beautiful. This picture is just all about every reason I've dyed my hair red for 18+ years.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:51 PM) : 

I have (dyed) red hair about the same shade as this. I had never really thought about wearing similar tones to play up the colour - I normally go for greens and browns to complement. But this is a good and simple idea! Thanks lady in the photo - and thanks to Sart for noticing...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:53 PM) : 

Such a lovely jacket. I wonder if it is vintage? I wonder if she chose it because it is so good with her hair?

She looks very pretty and distinctive, yet approachable. Unassuming beauty is a treasure.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:53 PM) : 

hair? bag?
hey! shoes!!!
:D

 

Blogger Zeitgeist said ... (12:59 PM) : 

I actually love the soft sandy pink coat that she is wearing, really compliments the hair and brings it out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 PM) : 

The hair and scarf are both beautiful. I love the expression on her face. Do the people you take pics of provide their own poses or do you ask them to smile etc? Because either way they always have facial expressions that fit the outfits.

 

Blogger O!Lightning said ... (1:30 PM) : 

I do like her look very much, enjoying the play of pattern and porportion, but I think her scarf is so close to her hair color, a nice color on her, but it does sort of look like hair wraped around in front.

 

Blogger wideyed said ... (1:33 PM) : 

matchy, matchy! Her scarf goes so perfectly with her hair!

 

Blogger Vistiendo a Candela said ... (1:44 PM) : 

Nice outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

I love those shoes!!! Anyone know of a brand selling a similar style?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:54 PM) : 

Actually she is cute;the red hair and the same tunes in her clothes and bag. She could have chosen different shoes though. The ones she´s wearing look too much like slippers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 PM) : 

The jpeg says Zara but I think that jacket (patterned brown and cream, not pink) is French Connection -- I have it, too! Gotta love a bargain...

 

Blogger A said ... (3:14 PM) : 

I love her bag, it's splendid!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

I'm just enamored with the way her ensemble trains the eye to travel from the bag to scarf to her dazzling hair. There's such a subtlety, and yet, at the same time, obvious balance between dual color schemes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

the hair. the scarf. the bag.
and then the volume-balance.

some people simply know how to dress elegantly, by finding the right balance and knowing their strength.
This lady certainly pulls off her wonderful hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

I love it. She pulls it all off, not a single culprit to call out. And with so much comfort.

 

Blogger Neon Legs said ... (5:08 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

I love her hair but I love the jacket the most. I'm a big jacket wearer. It can make any outfit come to life and I always feel more glamorous and well dressed if I am wearing a jacket.

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (5:40 PM) : 

I love her hair; I wish I had the same color!

 

Blogger zuccotto said ... (5:44 PM) : 

She looks great, and excellent outfit.








Someone wanted to fix her hair?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 PM) : 

Redheads and Fall colours were made for each other!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

beautiful!
especially with the gorgeous red hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 PM) : 

Effortlessly chic! My favorite colors of Fall & the Bag is Dope! The other thing I love is the way the skirt & tights are worn in a casual way, but the look is still put together. Let us all lose the jeans girls! This is the way to go!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 PM) : 

i love that you are back in new york

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 PM) : 

eh. i like the colors, the muted grey and the fiery orange. but to me it just says dumpy overall ...

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (10:11 PM) : 

she reminds me of a grown up pipi longstocking
gorgeous mane of hair!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:03 PM) : 

Gorgeous as usual! I love you H!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 PM) : 

She is a doll, you did it again Sart, the girl is a fashion statement from top to toe, wonderful! That is why I see your blog before I go to bed so that my unconscious wakes up inspired and willing to dress up in a way that gives others and myself pleasure.

 

Blogger Alysa said ... (11:29 PM) : 

I love this. Casual, comfortable, and great colours and textures. Refreshing to see regular people (not just uber fashionistas) back on your blog, Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:55 PM) : 

At first glance I didn't like the shoes, but after closer inspection and some thought I now think they're great. They're a nice alternative to the ballet flats that we're all tired of. And they go so well with that skirt shape and length.

I also like how the black works with the gray and pink in this outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 AM) : 

She is the exception, not the rule. So many red heads I know don't have a clue how to incorporate their hair colour into their wardrobe.

Since so many previous posts are about this womyn's hair, I must pipe in and say that I don't think her scarf compliments her hair at all. The colour of the scarf just competes with hair, and alas, neither stand out.

Now, her shoes are a different story. They're so whimsical.

I have a question for you, Sart: Do womyn in NYC wear toques or mittens? Honestly--isn't the East Coast rather frigid? Also, do you know from what material her leggings were made? I'd just like to know because my legs would freeze if I wore mine at this time of year.

Thanks for supplying a daily does of fashion-for-thought!



xtina

 

Blogger Fashion Tidbits said ... (12:42 AM) : 

ah!! red hair!!!!! luv it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 AM) : 

There is something almost pixie-like about this, and I mean that in the best way possible. Its such a simple and natural look, almost as if she just woke up and threw stuff on to cover her else, and the result is this beautiful outfit. Natural, unforced beautiful outfit-so nice.

Energie

 

Blogger DeepBlueSea said ... (3:16 AM) : 

Her hair is surely from heaven...

 

Blogger Pistachio Of Liberty said ... (3:27 AM) : 

Well, I guess I am the one slightly dissenting vote.

I like the shoes okay, but not with the volume around her hips. Or something. Something about how they look too small.

There. I said it. Beautiful hair though and as usual, great photography.

 

Blogger MEO said ... (4:43 AM) : 

credo che questa ragazza rossa con il suo look, sia un quadro del botticelli

 

Blogger MEO said ... (6:01 AM) : 

Beautiful! A painting of botticelli

 

Blogger Miss Cavendish said ... (8:42 AM) : 

Is the Sartorialist joining the sisterhood?

I picked up the latest Vogue USA yesterday and recognized one of your photos--Chloe Sevigny in a shirt cable-knit dress and booties. (I hadn't realized it was Chloe; she looked particularly good in that photo.)

Anyway, I went straight to the photo credits and saw that the shot was attributed to "The Sartorialista." Thought you'd want to know!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 AM) : 

I want her hair!

 

Blogger shabnom said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Woah, a new comments page? Groovy, except that it opened fullscreen and scared me.

What I love most about this picture are different shades of grey and her fabulous bronze-coloured scarf.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 PM) : 

It took me a few lookings to sort out exactly what I found 'not quite' about the pretty young lady's look.

It's not the overall stacking of volumes, which are a bit bulky, but not overwhelmingly so. It's not the rather loud and relatively bright giant bag, which at least has some tonal and pattern relationship with the rest of the look. It's not even the tiny grey oxfords which look rather vulnerable and little-girlish beneath so much bulk on top.

It's the dead-black tights with what is an otherwise soft tonal study in greys, taupe, cream and russet (notwithstanding the peek of navy knit top at the wrist) that throws the other elements off, I think. I find the black too harsh, too empty and too unharmonious with the rich colour key set for the ensemble by the lady's extraordinary hair.

Dark taupe, forest green, deep brown, even navy opaque hose might have served the same functions (coverage and warmth, one presumes) without being quite so dissonant. I'm a firm believer that anything can be made to work; perhaps a black bag up top would balance the volume of the legs. But here is an an example of how, contrary to popular belief and practise, black does not go with everything.

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (3:50 PM) : 

I love the shoes. They look like they came from Urban Outfitters. Her creativity with the scarf (the shape) is amazing. I love the casual style of her outfit and hair.

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (5:53 PM) : 

Beautiful color combo with her hair!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:20 AM) : 

I have to agree with amed studio. I think it's not that the look is sloppy, because sloppy can be good too. It's not the bag contrasting excessively with the rest of the outfit, since the bag picks up the colour not only of her hair but of the scarf.

It's the black tights. It's true, black really does not go with everything. It visually breaks the outfit up. Brown or grey tights would pull this outfit together, but the black tights are making it incoherent in my eyes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 AM) : 

I hat to be unoriginal but the last few comments have pegged the one thing really bothering me about the look- the tights. Hey gorgeous! Buy tights in new colors!

She is so, so pretty though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 PM) : 

She's beeeeeeeeautiful! And looks like such a nice person. I want to be her best friend! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:13 PM) : 

lets cut her some slack, its really not a bad outfit.
only two things i would change: the tighs and the pattern on the bag. if the bag were a solid copper it would look ten times better.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

Ha! This girl lives in my neighborhood. I see her often catching the bus. She always does a great job of coordinating outfits to compliment her lovely red hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:11 AM) : 

this makes me want to dye my brown hair that exact shade of red...lol.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting