This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Next Week Stockholm!

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Next Week Stockholm!


What I really love is the yellow, blue and green color combo and the hair.

While I was looking for a different image I found this one that I missed posting last time I was in Stockholm. This in turn reminded me to mention that next week I will be in Stockholm for a few days.

Comments on "Next Week Stockholm!"

 

Blogger Venus di Milo said ... (6:44 PM) : 

i wonder if she has her hair short all over or if it is pulled back in the photo...
lovely photo, as always, Mr. Sartorialist.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (7:03 PM) : 

I love the way she's draped the scarf. Beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:06 PM) : 

i'm sorry for sounding like a bitch, but whyyy do you just go to Stockholm? Don't you want to experiense many different countries and styles? I don't get it..

 

Blogger whyioughtta said ... (7:17 PM) : 

Love this. She's awesome.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:46 PM) : 

While I don't think the woman in particular looks particularly amazing, the shot itself is very good. The colours of her clothing, in front of the guard rails and the black asphalt is excellent. She has a very quiet and unassuming manner that seems to bland in with the environment.

 

Blogger The Sartorialist said ... (7:50 PM) : 

I am going to Stockholm for a business reasons but I hope to get a little shooting done also

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

yeah! i love it when we go to stockholm!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 PM) : 

Excellent. I think the Swedes are very fashion-forward and they don't have a particular look that's, like, uniform. I would love to see what they wear in the winter, as my creativity with my winter clothes have been quite dry lately.

 

Blogger bmak said ... (8:54 PM) : 

you know, I never see those yellow vinyl rain jackets anymore. I absolutely love them! Then again, it's kind of serial killer, at the same time...have fun in stockholm!!! looking forward to seeing pictures.

 

Blogger hannah said ... (9:21 PM) : 

yayy! All of my very favorite pictures come from stockholm!

 

Blogger DeepBlueSea said ... (9:27 PM) : 

Love her collars! And her colours... What a cute jacket, with that accentuated waist. Feminine, classic while other elements have a boyish tinge.
But it's really really cool. That's my final verdict! ;o)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 PM) : 

Stockholm again? Go to London - it's way better ... Why do you think the Facehunter moved to London! It's more individual than anywhere else.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 PM) : 

I find the jacket flushes out her face. Now a green or blue jacket with pants in that yellow woulda been nice.

NICE BOOTS! (Hmm, they're not Uggs, though, are they?)

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 PM) : 

WTF? The hair? Are you kidding me?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 AM) : 

I Love You Mr. Sartorialist.

 

Blogger wilsonreps said ... (12:45 AM) : 

you know what's funny is looking at this from a male perspective I can totally see myself pulling off this look. a little color in the winter never hurt!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:38 AM) : 

Right now everyone looks the same at the same time in Stockholm.
Skinny jeans tucked into boots or dark pantyhose tucked into boots.
Means that everybody is wrong (stylewise) at the same time or that Sweden is just a very far away country .

 

Blogger Gina Marie said ... (2:51 AM) : 

Speaking of hair, I'd love to see just a hair post sometime - what do you think is good about a hairstyle? How does it add to the outfit?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 AM) : 

posh working class

 

Blogger Fredde Ahlstrom Cooney said ... (3:39 AM) : 

Weather in Sthlm look like it's going to be partly cloudy, around 5 degrees C and no snow so dress for typical autumn. News in English for Sweden can be read at www.thelocal.se and if your here during the 13th expect the traditional celebrations of St Lucy's Day. Early and every where!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Lucy%27s_Day

Sunrise is around 0835 and set around 1450. Welcome back! :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 AM) : 

Also don't get it with this one much, must say. Other than the so so jacket, the rest is not particularly nice or interesting. I like her demeanour and that's about all I can say.

Energie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 AM) : 

Wow, I can't believe how many people reading a free blog want to dictate your personal life. Have fun in Sweden.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:54 AM) : 

We love it when you come here, but right now you'll only meet depressed Swedes longing for the sun they haven't seen for a month..

 

Blogger Haircuts... said ... (5:14 AM) : 

Yes, maybe she got a nice cut, with very short sides etc. but the hair is not styled so it does not shown so well.Looking forward to see want you coming up to from Stockholm Mr Scott.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:38 AM) : 

Three thumbs up for a bag that is not a plastic bag!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:44 AM) : 

Hello =)

I have been following The Satoralist blog for quite a while now and I am actually heading to New York next weekend for the Christmas/ New Year period. I was just wondering if you could jot down some places that I could visit that has good food, shopping and sights. I wanted to experience this trip as a "local" instead of a tourist visiting all the tourist-y sites. I am sure you are a very busy man but I was hoping if you could just name a few places and I can just google them myself. Thank you so much for your time!! Happy Holidays =)

P.S. It really helps to see what people are wearing in New York right now, just so that I can prepare my wardrobe accordingly as it is currently summer where I am now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

It's good to see yellow instead of black, brown and grey!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 AM) : 

ah-hooray for the "real" girls. she looks great. natural, and practical for the daily run about town. i wish you would show case more "real" girls in nyc, and less of the designery types.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

I LOVE STOCKHOLM
And as far as I heard, Stockholm loves you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:15 PM) : 

I fail to see the fascination with Stockholm from a fashion perspective that is.

Everyone actually living in Scandinavia would know that Copenhagen (and Reykjavik) is much much interesting if you are interested in fashion and new trends.

But most American would probably think that Copenhagen is a suburb of Sweden anyways. ;)

Try something new - and gain a positive experience.

Kind regards
The Swede living in Copenhagen

 

Blogger shabnom said ... (1:22 PM) : 

I don't think I've ever seen a yellow keffiyeh before. :) The bee-like colour combination shouldn't really work but I guess the green helps.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:42 PM) : 

Please do stop by Copenhagen if you have the time while in Scandinavia! We have lots of girls riding bikes - which seems to be a theme you like. Further more it would be really refreshing to see the "my city" through your lenses.

 

Blogger dnqcnn said ... (4:36 PM) : 

cute jacket!!
im going to sundsvall for 5 months starting january, ever been there?

 

Blogger anu said ... (4:37 PM) : 

It would be interesting (at least for me as a Finn) to see what ou would make of Helsinki. Maybe you could go there too sometime when you go to Stocholm.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

I'm sure that Mr. Sart would jetset to every country imaginable if had limitless funds. He's a human being with a life and a family - he doesn't travel around 24/7 to cater to our every whim. He already seems like an open-minded fellow who's excited to visit under the radar arenas of fashion, so we can't really accuse him of "not trying new things."

 

Blogger rebeccacalvetti said ... (5:30 PM) : 

Keffiyehs are so tired, although I'll give this woman credit in that I've never seen one in this color...

It's one of those trends that have a cultural significance which most of the wearers are either ignorant of, or which they over-simplify.

Anyway, the prevalence of the keffiyeh in recent months has nothing to do with what it symbolizes, but everything to do with a trickle down effect from the Balenciaga runways.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 PM) : 

For some reason I can always tell right away when a photo of someone is from Stockholm, and I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the bright, primary colors or the silhouettes or the inherent trendiness.

Well anyway, she looks cute. It would be much better with a different scarf (this pattern has achieved ubiquity), but, in contrast, the jacket is refreshing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:39 AM) : 

Hope to see you when you are here in Stockholm! // P

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 AM) : 

Sart, you'll see the Aurora Borealis, I suppose?

I'll bet there are some nice Christmas Fairs in Stockholm now. I was Saint Luzia in 3rd grade Christmas Around the World pageant. I wore white robes and had an evergreen wreath with real lighted candles on my head. Exciting!

Have a lovely trip.

-- desertwind

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:01 PM) : 

Last week I went to Norway and I noticed how all the young girls and boys were wearing the socks outside the trousers like this girl. A new fashion, I belive... And also a lot of girls were wearing there hear like they haven't brushed it for a month...!I live in Barcelona but I can always tell when somebody is from Sweden or Norway. It's like they have there own idea or creating their own way of fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 AM) : 

You should go to Kungsholmen and Vasastan if you haven't been there yet. Loads of gorgeous looking people with great style!

 

Blogger anu said ... (4:48 AM) : 

Propably no Aurora borealis to be seen. Stocholm is really not that far north and even if it was, they might be difficult to see because of the city lights.

 

Blogger a/c said ... (11:01 PM) : 

The nonchalant intelligence of her look reminds me of the best roommate I ever had.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

And you are amazingly beautiful in your yellow jacket

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting