This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Little 20's, Little 70's, Little Pink Doc Martens, Nolita

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, December 03, 2007

On the Street.....Little 20's, Little 70's, Little Pink Doc Martens, Nolita

Comments on "On the Street.....Little 20's, Little 70's, Little Pink Doc Martens, Nolita"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 PM) : 

I Love You Mr. Sartorialist.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 PM) : 

She's divine, I covet her hat & docs.

 

Blogger Kristen said ... (11:28 PM) : 

i love it. she is who she is and she's happy with that. perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:07 AM) : 

Ok, so... i love the texture on the hat and coat;
now i must face the drudgery of stressing common knowledge: it's just ugly to wear fur.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 AM) : 

love the pink version...
altho i don't think her look really showcases them.
finally found a replacement pair of floral Dr. Marten's on ebay --for a steal-- $50!
they bring back so many fond memories of alterna yesteryear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:06 AM) : 

Is she a celeb or why is she hiding under the hat ,fur,scarf and huge sunglasses?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:10 AM) : 

all the details are so beautiful.... her sunglasses! (and i'm not a sunglasses person at all) her PURSE! and her docs. i was going to suggest that they're high-end doc marten imitations, but they have the tell-tale yellow stitching. i wonder where she got them in that lovely pale mauve color.

 

Blogger Angela said ... (2:48 AM) : 

She totally had me up until the shoes. I can't buy it as a intentional choice, but rather as a "I have no other practical shoes to wear but these" decision, hehe. I think it is because I often choose footwear that way myself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 AM) : 

I love this! Her look is simultaneously elegant and casual, and the Doc Martens gives what would have been a granny outfit (not that granny is bad) its edge. Sophisticated coat + hip shoes = pure style.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (5:52 AM) : 

Nice hat.

Nice pic. Where was this taken?

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (5:53 AM) : 

She looks great!

 

Blogger Café Mode said ... (6:13 AM) : 

Great one. I like every detail, especially the colour of the shades, the surprising shoes and the sophisticated bag.

 

Blogger Paul Pincus said ... (6:22 AM) : 

I really appreciate people like Kristen and their sunny outlook on life.

This woman is a little mysterious...maybe...but she makes me think of that great title for one of Oscar Wilde's short stories: The Sphinx Without a Secret.

I love her coat. I think it suits her...but the Dr. Martens and leggings seem strange and a little sad.

The person looking over my shoulder just said she looks ageless! I admire his sunny outlook as well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 AM) : 

Are DMs a definite 'yes' at the moment? I can't decide

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:29 AM) : 

This fur collar looks to me like it is on a vintage coat. I own a bunch of vintage fur coats. I figure that even if those little critters lived out their little critter lives to hoary old age, they would still be dead. so I wear my mom's 1957 fur with no guilt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 AM) : 

stylish and classy

 

Blogger Blue Floppy Hat said ... (7:35 AM) : 

I love the fact that you've allowed the comments box to go popup instead of us having to go away from the pics while we comment..thanks, Sart!
I love her outfit, not least because it seems so cosy, it must be cold. And I love the comibnation of hat, odd shoes and frame bag.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 AM) : 

Wearing shades in the winter is ill-advised--contributes to low levels of Vitamin D and Seasonal Affective Disorder.

 

Blogger Natribu said ... (8:22 AM) : 

Es una mezcla atrevida de estilos que queda muy bien.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:26 AM) : 

She's a little bit Ali Macgraw, another little bit Mia Farrow in the Great Gatsby and another little bit fabulous! I love the proportions - large (luxurious) and simple especially those sunnies and the coat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 AM) : 

She is great, but why do so many people put their feet in such a funny way?

 

Blogger Super Milk-Chan said ... (8:57 AM) : 

I was thinking she looks like Annie Hall with a punk twist.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:53 AM) : 

sorry...but this seems like a mismash to me. I agree with what angela said. Seems like she looked around and decided those were the warmest most practical walking shoe she had. (And honestly, I don't think doc's have been "out" for long enough for everyone to grow so nostaligic!) Imagine this outfit with a truly forward modern shoe..

 

Blogger AM said ... (11:04 AM) : 

The shoes are the clincher for me. It tells me she doesn't take herself too seriously. Plus, Docs? Will never go out of style. I don't care what anyone says.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

I forgot to mention my love for Doc Martens before. When i was a teen i used to have a Doc Martens poster that said "Majority rules only those who let them." :P I don't think it suits her look though. nor her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

Aah, I love her air of mystery and understated elegance paired with pink Doc Martens! Genius!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:43 PM) : 

I have some purple suede Docs from the late 80s-early 90s. Maybe I'll bust 'em out.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:07 PM) : 

She's beautiful. Those Docs made me smile the moment I saw them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 PM) : 

wow that looks like angeline jolie...who is it ?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 PM) : 

I love it. I cannot tell her age at all. And I wish I could see what she has on under the coat, what her style is, etc. I hope editor sees the docs!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

I love it. I cannot tell her age at all. And I wish I could see what she has on under the coat, what her style is, etc. I hope editor sees the docs!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 PM) : 

The shoes are horrible! Just because it was a picture taken the sartorialist doesn't make the fashion good. The rest of the outfit is fine, but nothing like a lot of the gems on this blog.

 

Blogger Asi Mod said ... (7:42 PM) : 

Is that Angelina Jolie hiding inside the coat?

 

Blogger Blaise said ... (9:33 PM) : 

I love the all black layering with a hint of surprise, from a colored-pink docs! How cool could she get.. Say, if I'm living in a temperate country, I'd dress up like her..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 PM) : 

"Wearing shades in the winter is ill-advised--contributes to low levels of Vitamin D and Seasonal Affective Disorder."

uh, did you just make that up? vitamin d is produced by your SKIN when it is exposed to sunlight. the eyes have nothing to do with it. please, get your facts straight before posting things like this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:02 PM) : 

Fab, fab, fabulous!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:46 AM) : 

Just because someone pumps (plumps) up her lips and puts on sunglasses doesn´t mean she is Angelina.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:14 AM) : 

she's phenomenal. stunning. breathtaking. and tall.

and for those reasons, she can wear god-knows-what and look swell. and she does. both.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:23 PM) : 

Is that Loni Anderson under there?

 

Blogger yen ly said ... (7:30 PM) : 

The structure in the coat is lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 AM) : 

Angie J.?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 AM) : 

Exactly what I thought. Angie J.?? Seeming resemblance..

-Z

 

Blogger pastorofmuppets said ... (9:16 PM) : 

"now i must face the drudgery of stressing common knowledge:" No one likes hypocritical hippies. Leather is no different than fur, and I hear no complaining about the Docs - which happen to be a fantastic counterpoint to the rest of the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:19 AM) : 

I love this look, but...where is her other foot?!

 

Blogger kalindoscopy said ... (1:51 AM) : 

Pre-apocalyptic robotic military officer of the future. A perfect look for 2008.

 

Blogger THE GATEKEEPERS said ... (8:54 PM) : 

I love it! this is real life on her way to get a coffee at the corner deli.
she looks so "rich-girl-on-her-day-off"

cheers!


(www.ontheviplist.blogspot.com)

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting