This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Marni...Disco Helmet, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

At Marni...Disco Helmet, Milano

Comments on "At Marni...Disco Helmet, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:57 PM) : 

Cant say I love the look overall but I would love to own that helmet.

 

Blogger Ange said ... (5:07 PM) : 

No. Way. I have no reason to wear a helmet, not having a Vespa, but oh how I covet that insane headgear...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

I love the combination of textures! I need a sequined helmet now.

 

Blogger sara star said ... (5:09 PM) : 

I find it ironic that the only time you post a picture of someone wearing a helmet, they are not riding a bike! Great picture Sart!

 

Blogger Mervis said ... (5:32 PM) : 

the coat! the helmet! i love them both. or is the coat a sweater?? no matter. the piping, the lines, the texture played against the disco ball helmet are wonderful.

if the whole ensemble didn't resemble pjs and a robe, i might love it more.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:35 PM) : 

LCD Soundsystem would be so proud.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:53 PM) : 

jacket is dope, thats all i got

 

Blogger Ads said ... (5:57 PM) : 

I love it! So so cool..

 

Blogger Sam said ... (6:21 PM) : 

WOW! In Milan even their "special" citizens are stylish! Great find Scott!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:32 PM) : 

This is the single coolest thing I have seen on The Sartorialist or any other street fashion site, ever. No exaggeration. I want to fly to Milan and steal it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

Yikes. The only thing I like here is the coat. Wearing a disco ball and pajamas is only acceptable when your five years old and going trick-or-treating.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:05 PM) : 

Cool, adds edge to the outfit. But I want to know- male or female?

Also, the woman pulling the cart in the background is another chic Milanese older woman. I've been to Milan, but it was in the summer, and didn't get the full effect of the style of these older Milanese women in the hot weather. Now I know where Muiccia Prada gets her esthetic, one which I love.

 

Blogger travelettes said ... (7:20 PM) : 

i would wear that helmet all day long if i had one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:22 PM) : 

wow.....kool..kool...helmet
i want one like that..

wiiiee
adil sg

 

Blogger agrasshopper said ... (7:28 PM) : 

I'm usually paranoid to ride on a motorbike but if someone hands me THAT helmet, you can take me anywhere you want, for as long as you like!

 

Blogger odilean said ... (7:35 PM) : 

this is such a typical milan street. and this figure, juxtaposed on that background, with all of the texture and patterning of what she is wearing...with the helmet reflecting the grays of the sky...its just perfect.

 

Blogger Jessica Ferri said ... (7:37 PM) : 

ha! this looks like my outfit when i go out on a cold day to do my laundry. (sans helmet, of course)

 

Blogger Breezy said ... (7:53 PM) : 

pretty awesome! i wonder if it was manufactured or homemade. I also wonder if this would be distracting to other motorists:

"what's that shiny thing ahead? agh! my eyes!" ...crash.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (8:12 PM) : 

I love it. Period.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:21 PM) : 

the helmet is funky and so unexpected! those pants however, really remind me of pajama pants and those people who roll out of bed in college and go straight to class..

 

Blogger Kanani said ... (8:24 PM) : 

A disco ball for the biker bar!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:26 PM) : 

ET from Varginha!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:31 PM) : 

????????????

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (8:39 PM) : 

Haha. I had to enlarge it to see why it is "disco." If it weren't for the helmet, the coat would get a lot of attention.

Viva the road less traveled.

 

Blogger pearlaceous said ... (10:38 PM) : 

LOL great helmet! Love the structure of the coat

 

Blogger J Rocket said ... (11:20 PM) : 

SOOOO COOOL!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 PM) : 

hmmmm....interesting...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 AM) : 

Is there an excuse for this? I'd like to hear one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 AM) : 

lord! i want it!

aside from that -- pyjama pants?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:55 AM) : 

Is the helmet only a show-piece? If so, this outfit makes no sence. Why on earth wear that mix? And again those too long pants. UGH !

 

Blogger The Vintagent said ... (1:28 AM) : 

Disco ball helmet - YES!
Interesting coat - yes.
Jammy pants dragging on the wet sidewalk - augh!
As a motorcyclist, I've got to find who made that helmet. Today I bought a new old stock 70's gold metalflake Buco helmet, but this disco ball takes the cake.

 

Blogger philip said ... (2:00 AM) : 

You know, I could really see myself in that helmet.
sorry. . .someone had to say it.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:22 AM) : 

This is a one of a kind look...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:35 AM) : 

Headgear made out of a disco ball! Very far outtt...

 

Blogger ..... said ... (2:48 AM) : 

haha that's cool dude !!! what a funny thing !! who said fashion was just about being serious ?!!

 

Blogger Diana said ... (2:54 AM) : 

...And in the background the next milanese woman!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 AM) : 

sartorialist?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:39 AM) : 

Wow, THIS os COOL!!!
Scott, You have to ask her, where I can get one. This is the style item for spring 08, definately
Great inspiration, Michael

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 AM) : 

i only like his helmet, kind of RAF-esk

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (3:43 AM) : 

That helmet! Oh la la!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 AM) : 

helmet and pajamas seem to hv some connection wired through that piping on the coat

 

Blogger Joy Burns said ... (8:46 AM) : 

I think i´m gonna buy a helmet right now.Fantastic!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:50 AM) : 

Wow!pretty cool!I´m going to buy such a helmet right now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Hey Lady - take me to your leader!

 

Blogger Shaina said ... (11:08 AM) : 

amazing! i want to follow this person around, pointing a laser beam at their head at all times. disco parties everywhere!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 AM) : 

What's the deal with Marni? Is this where all the "most fashionable" people in the world hang out? Love the jacket and helmet!!

T

 

Blogger Daniel D'Armas said ... (11:37 AM) : 

Love the helmet
Love the coat
hideous pants

where's the face?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

That disco-ball helmet, besides looking swank, also offers 2 kinds of protection: it will protect the wearer from those intrusive satellites and radio-waves that are recording all our thoughts and making improper suggestions, and it protects all of us from the wearer's evil schemes for world domination. Fashion, safety and protection for all - what more could we ask for?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Oh. My. God!!! This is one of the best things I've seen yet. What a wonderful find. That helmut and that coat! So fabulous! At first I wasn't feeling the pants, but another poster mentioned how it gives the whole look a hint of pj w/ robe, and I love that! A bit of wit to it. I still don't like the length of the pant though, would think the bottoms must be getting wet and dirty.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 PM) : 

i think world would be a better place if everybody wore metallic disco helmets...and i dont mean fashion wise!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

*laughs out loud* what is it? 'bananas in pajamas' meet 'daft punk'??????

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:26 PM) : 

Loving the helmet!

Lily
BeautyMaverick.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:11 PM) : 

Surely that thing is a traffic hazard. Awfully cool, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:58 PM) : 

cool!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 PM) : 

I hate to nit pick some of the comments above, but...
Those are not jammy bottoms, but only- in -milano good wool pantsn also note the color of the shoes and the scarf and the fab coat-see what the Sartorialist sees!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:40 AM) : 

Here's something to broaden your horizons! It does my heart much good to see a helmet that is not purely utilitarian. There should be more whimsy put into protective headgear, including construction hard hats, for that matter.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 AM) : 

Hello. I am visiting from Mars.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 AM) : 

This helmet reminds me of a Volkswagen Rabbit convertible I used to see here in Dallas. It was originally white, but it was (eventually) completely covered in red artificial roses. I irrationally and unreasonably loved that car. I even loved it in the inbetween stages as it was slowly covered.

I love this helmet the same way. I must be a reincarnated racoon, or crow or something.

 

Blogger S. said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Tell me where I can get one?!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 AM) : 

Ah, this is the kind of photo that makes the Sartorialist blog stand out! Thank you!

And I agree that s/he looks like s/he's wearing pajamas, but for some reason it looks right with that oddball helmet. (Like something out of a 1970's comedy?) Thank goodness for people who get silly with pinache.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 AM) : 

Can I marry this person? I don't mind relocating to Milan...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:18 AM) : 

I'd like that coat for myself!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

The helmet looks like something Swedish designer Sandra Backlund did a couple of years ago from the collection "diamond cut diamond".

 

Blogger hoi polloi said ... (1:45 PM) : 

The Eagle Has Landed

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:26 AM) : 

DISCO HELMUT ON EBAY !!! Noticed many folks mentioned they would have one if they could... Here's MY chance... I'm going for it !!

 

Blogger MBA Dissertation said ... (4:24 AM) : 

Regardless of how many times I comprehend it, it by no means gets older. You unquestionably pinpoint the problem on this one. This is impressive people desire to know about it. Your blog is truly unbelievably excellent and the design is actually first-class. in reality, your blog is inconceivable. Carry on, man. Keep going!

Find Dissertation advisor

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting