This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

When Last We Saw.......Michelle Jank, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

When Last We Saw.......Michelle Jank, Paris



We both thought it was pretty crazy that we would run into each other again in almost the exact spot as we did last February.
Of course the fact that Colette is just down the street from this spot has a big reason for this happy coincidence

Comments on "When Last We Saw.......Michelle Jank, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 AM) : 

great shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:34 AM) : 

yay! scott you a featuring a fellow australian with style that i love! aussie! aussie! aussie! oi! oi! oi!

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:40 AM) : 

Fabulous - an Australian! Love the bombshell/jagged hair.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:04 AM) : 

the wind is great in these photos!

find the touches of orange in the 1st outfit interesting - the gloves, anchors on the socks, her shoes. yet although her skirt moves beautifully but it doesnt work for me...
but i absolutely LOVE her second outfit, whatever it means that i adore something a year old. the coat, her shoes, those pants and her stance, brilliant!

finally: she does red lipstick fantastically.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:10 AM) : 

Undeniably feminine and exceptionally fierce, all at once!

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Inevitable to compare the two shots. The outfit on top is amuzing, but I'm not really a fan... However, the older picture is one of my favourite from this blog: I loved her pose, her hair style and that contundent pink touch of colour. So fresh!

By the way, all the best for tonight's opening Sart, I bet it will be wonderful!!!

 

Blogger anon. said ... (9:26 AM) : 

i find the first outfit too much, a reminder of teenage rebellion or an overfussy grandmother.

the second, a year old i love for it's simplicity yet peppered with interesting touches such as the shoes, the vivid pink coat.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

the first looks like an eccentric grandmother to me- looking at her top half, she might be 40 or 60 or 29... but the bottom half makes you think - 60! - instantly.

there's a sense with both of them that what they are wearing is very EXPENSIVE... and thus special. and so if you mix as many expensive things together you inevitably get something great. not true.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:00 AM) : 

I like the second one! it's so simple, but yet so great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 AM) : 

I was really having a depressing day, but that first outfit has definitely lifted my mood. I love the reluctant truce between the jacket & the skirt, plus it's so joyful!

 

Blogger Kanani said ... (10:48 AM) : 

Top: Youthful, and with the look of being spontaneous. Wacky but confident.

Bottom: Intentional grunge. Not as confident.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

Wow this pink/grey combination is amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

j'adore les gants rouges

 

Blogger Topham Beauclerk said ... (11:36 AM) : 

She could wear a paper bag and still look amazing. Because of that, she can pull off some pretty eccentric stuff. I think she's wonderful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:38 AM) : 

she's my sartorialiste hero

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:56 AM) : 

what a fun girl - she seems really happy and confident. The hair color is perfect and I like it when someone has such an individual style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

The beautiful and very talented Michelle Jank I presume! Lookin' lovely!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Wonderful! I just love coming to your blog each morning to see what the rich and marvelous people are wearing. It brightens up my otherwise dreary day!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 PM) : 

The shoes have a lot to do with it, but I prefer the 2nd look better. The rain slicker helps, too.

mltt

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

I don't want to sound critical, but these pictures just go to show that if you're thin and carry yourself with a sense of confidence, anything can look good on you and be called fashion. And that, I think, is the beauty of fashion. Be yourself. Do your own thing. Wear it with swagger.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

With only two times red would have worked better for me. Either the mittens or the shoes could have been black or brown. Or the two-colored shoes of the older foto would have been better too.
Her hair and face are so today and real, really touching.

 

Blogger Anne Corrons said ... (2:56 PM) : 

The mix between the jacket and the skirt is really amazing! I would never dare to wear that, but it's perfect for her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

Love the relaxed look. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:29 PM) : 

Gorgeous personal style. She really knows how to use color to her advantage.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:50 PM) : 

New Zealand to Australia what Canada is to the United States

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:52 PM) : 

Nice cross necklace.
Is she Christian?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

One time i was coming down those mossy steps and i fell down. I didn't get injured (thankfully) but my $600 pair of cashmere sweatpants were destroyed.

 

Blogger OndrejS said ... (4:00 PM) : 

I have to admit... the one with th rosy skirt is probably one of the most beautiful, thrilling and eye catching compositions I have seen so far. Cannot stop looking at those shoes and overall.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:04 PM) : 

She's in a lot of stuff that I would never ever wear, but I guess that's why they call it "personal" style!

She's beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:18 PM) : 

I love the first one, mixing the leopard print with the skirt and the red accents. I think having such a strong bright head of hair carries it off. I don't like the baggy pants, unfortunate tee shirt, although pink/red and gray is nice. Its amazing to me that so many people prefer the reverse. But I'm loving all these photos of green moss, even when the outfits are too black to see.

 

Blogger Alya said ... (6:41 PM) : 

She's gorgeous. Look at how her style evolved in just one year. I love her clothes combination.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 PM) : 

So many of the beautiful young people pictured here on this blog, even those with looks I don't particularly like (I realize that my "liking" something of not doesn't matter one skinny bit), blow me away.

Here in the States it's really unusual for a young person to understand his or her own beauty and put together a total look that expresses both that beauty and their individual sense of style. I do so enjoy seeing the fun and the expression and the gorgeousness.

I love the way this woman looks. She understands herself and is so playful with fashion. What a great thing. She's flirting with disaster, she's right on the edge. But she's not going over it and she's just lovely and I covet her gloves.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 PM) : 

I'm not feelin it in the first pic.

 

Blogger Gingers Gentlemen Shoe Boutique said ... (10:59 PM) : 

Perth loves Michelle...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 PM) : 

Dear geopolitician, it looks like Jank was born in Perth my dear, which, as far as I can tell, is not a city in New Zealand!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 AM) : 

i'm totally inspired!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 AM) : 

I get the feeling in the first photo that she got caught short with the weather, and threw the coat on over her outfit. If she's just come from Christmas in Perth (where it was about 45C on Christmas Day), it's not always easy to readjust!

Pink and grey is almost a cliche combination in Australia - one of our most common birds - the galah - is pink and grey. I think she's cool :-)

 

Blogger Everymatter said ... (12:56 AM) : 

good combination

but what about the cost

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 AM) : 

Lovely.. again! Nice to see someone dressing outside the box a little too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 AM) : 

Oh my, what a perfect mix of prints and colors! I love it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:21 AM) : 

What a nice surprise to see a fellow East Sydney student on your blog, such an inspiration still, fantastic outfits!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:20 AM) : 

Love the red pair of shoes mixed with that floral skirt and matched gloves, and I also like the relaxed outfit from the last photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:11 AM) : 

hoorah!
a perth girl represented on the sartorialist.
not feeling this particular outfit though, unfortunately.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

She look's amazing! I love that look in the second photo, girls should wear trosuers more often and ditch the skinny jean look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:10 PM) : 

Oh wow... you know that picture from last year really stayed in my memory, because I instantly knew you had taken it before. this means... if i remember an outfit from a year ago, it's flippin good.

I also really love the evolution of her style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 PM) : 

First pic: Trying too hard. Second pic: Much more natural. Lovely young lady, regardless.

 

Blogger The Gel Journals said ... (2:33 AM) : 

wooohooooo! An australian designer! think u should come to Oz and see the rest of us well dressed ozzies too! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 AM) : 

Michelle Jank is absolutely amazing! I've been a huge fan of her work, and she's so gorgeous as well!!!

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (2:45 PM) : 

She definitely has IT!

 

Blogger yalliebay said ... (4:36 PM) : 

the top photo is gorgeous.

all the colors are wonderful... i also love her expression.

 

Blogger M said ... (5:07 PM) : 

Is that in front of St. Roch's? So weird 'cause I was right in front of it this morning!

 

Blogger lauren ashley said ... (12:57 AM) : 

in the top photo, i adore the saturation contrast between her bright, floral-ly outfit and the gray/green stairs behind her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:29 AM) : 

I swear my best friend had those black and white shoes in the 80's. Esprit...sigh...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 PM) : 

So many shots from Paris, almost all of them from locations I walk by on a daily basis, and not once did I see a man with a camera and later a pic here. You should wear a big sign with your name so that fans could greet you when they see you, or maybe you get enough fame already?

anyways, love your photos, you are amazing

sincerely
Casper Odschild

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 PM) : 

Yay! Someone who isn't wearing all black!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:46 AM) : 

serendipity

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 PM) : 

I love the animal print combined with the long floral skirt. I actually saw this same exact combination on a little toddler in church today, which was totally charming. I like it when adults don't take fashion seriously.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting