This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

At Marc Jacobs......Shades & Layers, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, February 17, 2008

At Marc Jacobs......Shades & Layers, NYC

Comments on "At Marc Jacobs......Shades & Layers, NYC"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:54 AM) : 

beautiful picture.

 

Blogger stacy said ... (8:28 AM) : 

great shoes.

my favourite layer is the polo shirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

It's something very nice about her appearance. Quite casual, comfy, natural and simple - yet very 'in'. I love the bag.

 

Blogger Cheltenhamdailyphoto said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Very cute - and warm! I love the handbag, but never, ever, in white! I was taught when young that white handbags are cheap and, though they are often not i know, it will never leave my mind.

 

Blogger Kara said ... (10:35 AM) : 

I'm usually SUCH a fan, as my comment history would illustrate. But this chunky sweater puzzles me. It reminds me of those commercials with "Sven" on them ... I hope someone knows what I'm talking about.

But what I do like about this shot and "look" is how the powdery tone pops from all the black behind her. And I like that she's wearing something other than a coat for additional warmth. That's inspiring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:46 AM) : 

He method of layer and use of shades of blue is truly inspiring. I'd love to try this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

i cannot get enough of the thick, opaque tights with an open toe sandal look. aside from that, this girl look both chic and comfortable, which is actually rather difficult to achieve...

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (11:14 AM) : 

Lovely! I love her look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

i love your blog, but you should post pictures of more ethnically diverse people. go to africa or something and see the kind of fashion you can shoot there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:12 PM) : 

Spring is in the air! So cute.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 PM) : 

I love this. Everything about it works for me, something I definitely see myself wearing! Can anyone tell me who the individual pieces are by?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 PM) : 

there go those ubiquitous gray tights again! anyone know who makes those heels? they're lovely....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:02 PM) : 

I like the idea really, and she looks very comfortable and all. But I can't fight the feeling that she is making herself look much more short and top-heavy than she actually is, that sweater being very thick and apparently layered over at least 3 other tops. But like I said, I like the concept.

 

Blogger Emma said ... (2:22 PM) : 

the sleeves make her arms look a bit disproportionate...

but i love the color combination and the shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:51 PM) : 

Love how she stands out in the sea of black behind her... Cant say I like the whole outfit itself, but still great shot. I do covet the bag though, anyone know the brand?

Susan

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:37 PM) : 

The pullover & tights have potential but I just don't like the way she's added the extras.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:15 PM) : 

I like the tonality expressed in the light blue and white hues we see, but there are two points that make this look not quite as amazing as sartorial as, say, the one to the left. First, the blue blouse peeking out from the blue sweater detracts ever so slightly from the lovely length of the black sweater. Second, the skirt would be just right if it were a bit more structured so that it would not seem engulged by the texture of the sweater. Love the tights. The shoes are lovely, too

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (4:19 PM) : 

I like what she did with layering and colour: she is light (lumière) among all those people in black coats. That blue shirt looks interesting; I bet it is a very nice and fresh shirt. When early spring comes all she’ll have to do to be ready is take off that big sweater.

Grey stockings again, yey! What a must. Her shoes are very cool too. They are quite similar to the ones the ‘bold layers, 14 feb’ girl was wearing. Is it a coincidence or it is that this blog’s influence is as quick as a lightning?

 

Blogger The Pilgrim said ... (4:25 PM) : 

The outfit could be difficult but she looks lovely, good choice of shoes (imho) to balance it off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

It's nice to see the subject in cool colours surrounded by warm for a change.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 PM) : 

I love the bag, but I hate the rest of the outfit. It reminds me of a misguided attempt at fashion that a fifeen year old girl would make. And what's worse, she probably spent thousands to put this together.

 

Blogger suzannemarques said ... (6:28 PM) : 

i like it. all these tights with chunky shoes. i need to acquire a new pair of chunky shoes! and that sweater layering is divine. so cozy and stylish.

 

Blogger Caroline said ... (6:34 PM) : 

everything about this is so gorgeous.

 

Blogger Mariana said ... (7:10 PM) : 

i adore her shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 PM) : 

Very nice! Even the telephone matches!

 

Blogger Lee S. said ... (11:23 PM) : 

I still really love the look of opaque tights with heeled sandals. I think it takes some of the sexy out of the equation, and creates a nice and easy glamour that works so well for daytime.

 

Blogger Jen said ... (12:36 AM) : 

I love how the colors pop! I would love to see a very feminine, spring interpretation of this look with layers of linen and gauzy fabrics in creams and blues. The dark leg grounds the look, but I can't help but be put off by the turtleneck. The proportions just seem off. Perhaps a blazer with a billowing scarf about the neck instead? The we could have a better look at that skirt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:36 AM) : 

Not sure..but that looks like a Kale bag?

I love her top! In fact, I want it!
I pity her toes though, they must be freezing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 AM) : 

eh, the sweater is a bit too chunky and improportionate to her bottom half.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:40 AM) : 

the colour scheme is really lovely in contrast to all the black in the background. but she could really have taken this look up a notch by having a better-fitted pullover (maybe even an equally chunky shawl-collared cardigan or anything that gives her torso a bit more shape). its a shame to make herself look unnecessarily stumpy. but otherwise i like - the shoes and bag are lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 AM) : 

wow the grey nylons and open toed shoes seem to be a major trend lately. definitely love it though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

Not feeling it, particularly the shoes. I applaud her for using an oversized sweater as an alternative to a jacket, but it's something I wouldn't personally try.

T.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:23 PM) : 

A comment unrelated to the current subject, but related to fashion in general: Can we move on from the word "pop"? It's now so overused as to be both meaningless and annoying. Does anyone else feel this way, or am I the only one annoyed by this usage?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

After I read the previous comments I looked the shot again and… it doesn’t matter if I like her or not: she stands out the rest of the crowd. And shouldn’t that be enough?
CRISTINA

 

Blogger Polo said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Shoes and tights are GREAT!
Shirt would look nice too but cant see it.
bag and sweater and skirt not to my taste.
s

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

I love the color of the sweater and how it sets her apart from the rest of the dark crowd behind her. I am not sure how I feel about how it fits her.
No white bags!
I still do not like tights with open-toe shoes. Something about that just doesn't seem right to me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:16 PM) : 

Love that bag! Like several others before me...anyone out there know the details???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:48 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Bella07 said ... (7:41 PM) : 

hmm... I have to say she's a bit boring. I agree with the proportions being a bit odd...its neither one extreme or the other...I just don't know baby blue, anglo,the whole look gives me the ZzzZzz's.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting