This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Mad Mix, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

On the Street.....Mad Mix, Paris


Comments on "On the Street.....Mad Mix, Paris"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

Perfectly eccentric and European. I don;t know if he is european or not but the look definitely is. And it looks right.

 

Blogger Carlene said ... (9:17 AM) : 

My all-time favorite sneakers.

 

Blogger momo said ... (9:21 AM) : 

Wonderful contrast of the red door with the greens of the scarf and jacket. He wears his mix with panache.

 

Blogger OTC said ... (10:04 AM) : 

You know, it's like he's looking right at and saying, "I dare you to comment on my pants."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 AM) : 

I agree with off the cuff. I couldn't figure out what it is about this ensemble, this pic that was drawing me in. It's his attitude.....

 

Blogger sarahtd said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Kenzo takada (to be confirm, but really looks like him) with Lou Doillon on his left (the pretty young one with the big bag)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

Hahaha...I'm loving that guy! It's not so much the clothes, but his clothes + attitude. With that kind of attitude, he can probably pull anything off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Regarde the women in the top photo. Effortless style, very cool. That's Paris. You can't get there from here NYC.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 AM) : 

The smirk over the ensemble is alluring.

 

Blogger matirose said ... (12:32 PM) : 

Love the attitude. Is that also Charlotte Gainsbourg on the top left?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:36 PM) : 

Stan Smith sneakers - wearing mine now- they are the best sneakers.Love his pants. Great photo.

 

Blogger Dovid said ... (12:37 PM) : 

I like th second guy (minus the sneakers). His jacket and scarf are very elegant and his pants are daring and fun.
Has anyone noticed the beautiful glasses he's holding?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

the man in the lower picture has such a wonderfully effortless sense of style. He embodies what inspires me on this website.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Top picture:

I really like the woman on the far left. She's kinda channeling Chrissie Hynde. I wish I could wear bangs!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Hey Margaret,I don't know but I see a fair amount of effortless style from New York, on this blog.

V.(from Paris)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:15 PM) : 

The second guy is fantastically dressed. I don't think it's that easy to pull such trousers off, but he does it wonderfully. Love how he combined it with the shoes. And yeah... that attitude. You gotta love it.

 

Blogger Frontier Psychiatrist said ... (2:46 PM) : 

Stan Smiths rule.

 

Blogger biglakestyle said ... (2:56 PM) : 

Agree with almost all the comments; the Stan Smith white tennis shoe a wonderful classic. Why is that zany works but "overproduced" falls flat? Obviously it relates to the locale; things which get you compliments in NYC get you threatened (or worse) in other parts of this country. Somehow woven around all of these fashion parameters are the overriding influences of Magnafashion, i.e. what A&F taught you 20 years ago. Wearable art can be so interesting; wearable branding so sad. Help us, Sart

 

Blogger cjdd said ... (4:44 PM) : 

The outfit of the man on the right in the top photo is a masterpiece- his outfit is so- how should one even describe it?- wonderfully iconoclastic. Wow.

The man in the second photo though- why do so many men tie their scarves this way? It looks like a beautiful scarf, and the colour is wonderful, particularly with his hair and sweater, but I really do wonder about this, honestly I do.

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (6:30 PM) : 

Excellent pics, Sart. When I first saw these photos, I smiled. And then I cried a little, because I suddenly realised that I will probably never, ever see this sort of inspired fashion artistry in real life. I must say, these photos are wonderfully original and express a deep sense of joy and fun. The wackiness on display here is infectious. You can practically taste it. I want to give a special shout out to the chap in the bottom photo. I am digging the tartan. Peace out.

 

Blogger Lee S. said ... (6:55 PM) : 

I spy the adorable Lou Doillon on the left in the top photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:58 PM) : 

Big plaids! Big plaids! They can be done without looking stupid!!

I especially covet the coat in the first picture, but I'd settle for his trousers.

 

Blogger hyeunny said ... (10:06 PM) : 

hahah the guy in the top photo looks SWEET :)

 

Blogger ellastica said ... (11:29 PM) : 

the shades of green are stunning.
he looks very comfortable and stylish.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:15 AM) : 

#2: I love the check pants with sneakers~

 

Blogger Patagonia Community said ... (1:37 AM) : 

Gotta love the Stan Smiths. I've always liked the smidge of green on those shoes--slightly off-beat but perfectly traditional/classic all at the same time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:41 AM) : 

i have never seen the first guy in my life and i know he'd be a fantastic person to talk to. His persona is great.

excellent capture.

 

Blogger Te said ... (4:44 AM) : 

Beautiful. I've just been over at facehunter, and while I love it for it's 'youthful' vibe, it reminds me that your blog is not just showing pictures of fashion, it's also art. I love the photography.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:55 AM) : 

Wow, men in wonderful colour, a feast for my eyes! I adore the entire ensemble of the first, the greens in the second, the way they wear the clothes and not the other way around.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:18 AM) : 

He's TAKE HIRAKAWA.

He's so cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:20 AM) : 

He's take hirakawa
Japanese fashion journalist

He's so cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:00 AM) : 

Impossible to not love the picture on the top. How bohemian! Not only the look, but also the attitude... but then, it's always the attitude that "makes" the look, isn't it?
I don't like anything he is wearing. But, I love the way he puts them all together. I love his zest. I love the shot!

 

Blogger Luiza Sauma said ... (7:42 AM) : 

The first guy looks fun!

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (7:44 AM) : 

Lou Doillon looks chic as usual, and the top guy's expression makes the outfit!

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (1:14 AM) : 

Tartan trews, gotta love 'em!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 AM) : 

Such fun pictures. I love the colours in the second one. The first guy rocks his look with his attitude.

 

Blogger lorrwill said ... (5:19 PM) : 

The first guy just rocks. And he looks like he recognized Sart as he was taking the picture.

For whatever reason, the trainers totally work for the second guy. Usually I hate trainers, especially white ones but I am loving the entire outfit here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:09 PM) : 

that would be lou dillon, not charlotte gainsbourg

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 AM) : 

Perfect & brilliant!

 

Blogger a girl dreaming of a wild, dangerous life tinged with anarchy said ... (7:16 AM) : 

ohh number two.. you have reminded me of my craving for plaid trousers. i bought some the other day, but really they were horrible so taking back. i think you need to be tall to pull this look off . the top guy surpasses words!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 PM) : 

I do ove the man in the bottom picture, unbelievable style, and I do love the way he does his hair.

 

Blogger Colleen said ... (8:18 PM) : 

This makes me want to have fun with clothes again!

xo
Colleen
http://beautybooty.wordpress.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 PM) : 

The jacket goes very well with the pants and the white shoes. However, I can't resist but say that he has such a hitler haircut.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 AM) : 

I would love to meet the bespectacled man. He probably greets everyone this way!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting