This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....The Sales Exec., NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, May 23, 2008

On the Street....The Sales Exec., NYC

Comments on "On the Street....The Sales Exec., NYC"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:50 AM) : 

I'm liking these "what to wear for work in the summer" series. Dress plus jacket - good outfit for summer in the corporate world. Not sure those shoes would cut it in my workplace though - but maybe there's another pair in that biggish bag....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Love her sandals!

 

Blogger António Erre said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Wrong footwear over and over again. Although this one seems the golden Hermés!! These days people went crazy about the "wrong footwear choice". Is it the only thing they can think of?

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Great jacket and shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

she looks happy! that's the bst part. i love the jacket, the scarf, her hair... the gold of her shoes is fantastic with the navy and pink. my only criticism is that the strappiness of the sandals seems just too open and summery considering how warm the top part of her outfit looks.

 

Blogger LuluBabie said ... (10:54 AM) : 

She looks comfortable.

I love it.

 

Blogger Odessa said ... (11:03 AM) : 

i have the same houndstooth jacket! i'm so excited. thanks for giving me ideas on how to dress it up, Sart. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:16 AM) : 

somehow the scarf with sandals doesn't work here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

I LOVE this.
wow. amazing. where can i get those shoes?!?!
that jacket? ahhh she is me if I had money to buy clothes all the time.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

nice sandals

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

The sandals are by the Jessica Simpson collection available at any department store.. believe it!! I've passed by them many a time, maybe now that they've been featured here I have to get them!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 PM) : 

Aw, she's cute.

 

Blogger benson said ... (2:04 PM) : 

I like that she looks like she could dash off to her next meeting or run and catch a taxi--real life fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:12 PM) : 

have you thrown us a wide ball? i love the girls happy face and great smile (she reminds me of Reese Witherspoon) but apart from that nothing she's wearing even remotely goes! I'm at a loss! One your comments maybe entirely appropriate right now?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 PM) : 

typical upper east side girl. not impressed.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

this is one sexy biatch

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:58 PM) : 

i live everything!! does anyone know who makes the sandals?

 

Blogger Coryn said ... (3:00 PM) : 

scarves! i'm obsessed with scarves. i am particularily fond of how she is wearing her scarf.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:31 PM) : 

the shoes are actually from nordstrom. THANK YOU VERY MUCH homey

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:51 PM) : 

Wow, the shoes are from Nordstrom?! So she knows how to be stylish AND not have to drop a ton of cash? Now THAT's skill!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:52 PM) : 

I love scarves too, but I think that despite the lovely spring color of this one, it's too much of a winter weight to wear with this outfit. Maybe mousseline would have been better?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

this is the first scarf for several post, I thought maybe we had done with it. I thought the blanket around the neck had displaced it. So is this a retro scarf?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 PM) : 

This is obviously a beautiful example of Midwestern charm combined with Manhattan chic. The casual yet classy shoes, the Frenchish scarf, the YSL bag - but most of all the small, the natural hair, the "I love life and I'm okay with me" energy - Wow!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:09 PM) : 

I love those swingy jackets...I made one in plaid late last year. Provide a little warmth and little cool at the same time, and that classic, elegant cut is perfect for showing off your favorite checks, plaids, and houndstooths! ("houndsteeth? xD) ^^

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

I have those Jessica Simpson sandals from Nordstrom and I never know what to wear with them...the navy skirt looks good!

 

Blogger Syed said ... (5:50 PM) : 

I love the whole colour combination! Ok disagreeing with a lot of people here, but I love the scarf and sandles too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 PM) : 

This offbeat fashion ratatouille is much more interesting than typical New York black matchiness.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:07 PM) : 

typical ivy league type look. boring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:27 PM) : 

wow a mix combination of summer and winter wear....fabulous!!

Kit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 PM) : 

Talk about every trend over the last six months... the black and white jacket, the gladiator sandals, the scarf, the aviator-ish sunglasses... she's a Sienna Miller wannabe.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:38 PM) : 

Love the outfit with sandals included.... would it work within my profession? Within a degree. I would carry an extra pair of shoes in the car or boots to make it all work. But, this outfit is on the mark.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:30 PM) : 

Everything she's wearing attest to her being comfortable. I don't like this particular pair of sandals but it's always great to see a woman wearing shoes that are comfortable and practical.

 

Blogger Mary said ... (11:27 PM) : 

oh hay carrie bradshaw...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:47 PM) : 

Wow, if this is her 'corporate look', I'd like to see what she wears for a night on the town!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 AM) : 

Looks like what an Aussie would wear in New York. Kinda cute!

 

Blogger Lizzy Lamia Burkart said ... (11:11 AM) : 

Must be pretty relax to be a sales exec in NYC then :) Anyway, nothing really new here but this is cute, love the jacket! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

In my formerly corporate life, I wore flats to and from the office and had a large file drawer full of heels at my desk. My work heels were more formal than what I'd wear to go out, so I didn't miss having access to them over the weekend. It also saved me from carrying shoes around, and wearing flats for walking 20 mins to the subway spared my poor bunions.
I don't really love her sandals with her outfit, but they sure beat track shoes as foot-friendly walking shoes for schlepping across town.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 PM) : 

None of the styles go.

The bottom works together, but topping it with that jacket reads as lazy to me. The cut of the jacket requires a little more effort.

 

Blogger Natalie said ... (2:26 PM) : 

I like the feeling of spring in her look: combining warmer scarf and jacket with light sandals and short skirt. It looks comfortable and cosy, but also with a twist of careless girliness.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

where is that jacket from ?!

 

Blogger New Found Lust said ... (5:30 AM) : 

Interesting combo, was this taken on a weekday or casual Friday?

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (8:07 AM) : 

Very nice look! I'm in love with the sandals!

 

Blogger dorian allworthy said ... (12:47 PM) : 

The sandals are a surprise - I love them with the scarf ! My idea is sandals till it snows!

 

Blogger Figure5InGold said ... (2:59 PM) : 

I'm sure I'm way in the minority in thinking this outfit would have so much more style if the skirt were an inch or two longer. As it stands, she looks...teenaged. To me.

 

Blogger kaś said ... (5:53 PM) : 

I've seen this look all too often before... she looks like she stepped out of my university. Everyone looks like this, there. It's flattering, but soooo generrrrrrrrrricccccc.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 AM) : 

New York to London...spring to summer...casual to business. This is all about transition. From the scarf and jacket to the skirt, and to the purse and to the business case, and from the hounds-tooth jacket to the navy skirt. This seems to be all being able to leave the office and not feeling tied down to the clothes she wears inside the office. Though, the sandals did pop off when I first glanced at the picture. Also the hair works casual or business.

 

Blogger Alaouri said ... (1:36 PM) : 

Great shoes. Not with the proper outfit though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:15 AM) : 

I love her outfit, but not for work. I am astounded that everyone thinks this is appropriate for work as a sales exec. I'm in sales, and NONE of the execs at our company in NYC or Chicago ever dress this casual to work. Bare legs, mini? We'd get fired so fast there would be no time to say "I'll go home and change." It's not uptight or outdated to avoid showing too much skin at work. How about some nice flats and tights with this instead?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

fine individual pieces but together, does not make a sartorial outfit. gold sandals & pink pashmina scarfy thing makes the look, ordinary...i've probably seen this type of "look" on a dozen window displays on broadway. where is the creativity? must be my least favorite of all postings.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:47 PM) : 

Why is everyone wearing a scarf this summer? Hiding something? Sore throat protection? How does that match with the sandals?
Only joking, love the mix of colors.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:49 PM) : 

she's pretty - love the skirt - but needs more feminine shades....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:57 PM) : 

The shoes are perfect for those of us who work in a creative environment. I love them and will be on the hunt for some this weekend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:16 PM) : 

Adorable. Where, pray tell, is the jacket from? It could easily be an H&M piece. Or not.

 

Blogger Kristin Kutarna Gates said ... (10:51 PM) : 

I love the summer scarf. But then again, I live North of the 49th, so I can technically claim to wear a scarf year round ;) Welcome to the 12-month scarf club!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 PM) : 

A total stunner. I think she looks absolutely smashing.
And that's coming from a very, very incredibly straight man from NYC.

The only exchange I would make would be me for her notebook. With those sandals, I would let her walk all over me. Meow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

A short tight skirt that doesn't make her look trashy. I like this a lot, there is a lot of balance in this outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

So very 'lady'! I love it and wish I saw more of it on the street -- very Lauren Conrad-goes-to-NYC.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 AM) : 

luv the sandals. first thing i noticed. everything about them are right. right gold tone, nice criss cross around the ankle.

also nice proportion of the wide jacket with tight dress.

a little more things going on than i'd normally prefer, but overall looks good on her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:40 PM) : 

I love all the things but not sure together. Something is wrong here...maybe the color of the bag, wich is too formal (black) for those pretty sandals...

 

Blogger Teal Chic said ... (12:06 AM) : 

love this outfit, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! the scarf, and sandals, look fab!

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (2:50 AM) : 

She looks beautiful but I'm not digging these flat gladiator sandals on anyone. Plus, they're just not comfortable and that's the whole reason for a flat (except if you're very tall of course). The only thing I like about them is the color, it really helps the outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 PM) : 

actually i've gotta say the shoes are really really comfy. as someone correctly pointed out, they are from the Jessica Simpson line and i must admit, i didn't think they would be comfy at first but there is a little zipper at the back heel so they are super easy to get on and off.
really great and comfy chic!

love the look!

 

Blogger nidyawiguno said ... (5:34 AM) : 

cute combinations :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

love , love , love. The sandals are amazing and the combination is just perfect !

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting