This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Lucia Early Evening, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, August 11, 2008

On the Street.....Lucia Early Evening, NYC

Comments on "On the Street.....Lucia Early Evening, NYC"

 

Blogger wideyed said ... (9:00 AM) : 

WOAH!! her skirt (dress?) has FACES ON IT... I passed them off as a floral print until I looked at the big version.

 

Blogger Anonymous said ... (9:03 AM) : 

I don't know why, but this is what I want to be when I grow up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 AM) : 

Just delightful. Style in NYC tends to be so far ahead of the rest of the nation and this just drives that point home. Gorgeous combo of top and skirt and the head wrap "do rag" is the perfect quirky way to make it all not too serious.

An inspiration! Thanks for posting this, Sart!

 

Blogger miss sophie said ... (9:05 AM) : 

very 40s, Ava Gardner taking an early evening stroll...the outfit has a makeshift feel to it, which makes it feel adventurous and sassy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM) : 

What beautiful arms and shoulders! Lucia looks ready to party, the headscarf totally makes it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 AM) : 

so cute and fresh

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (9:09 AM) : 

I remember her! She certainly has a consistent style, and she loves to pose. Fun, as always.

 

Blogger dalia said ... (9:11 AM) : 

sigh! Lucia, so flirty!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

A real-life Carrie Bradshaw! Or is it Carmen Miranda? She looks great showing off her very fine limbs with taste and style.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (9:15 AM) : 

I LOVE her attitude and the fun she is having with her clothes, I really do, but I can't stop thinking Carmen Miranda. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 AM) : 

love her confidence, of course the outfit is just as good

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (9:19 AM) : 

Hey! It's Carmen Miranda!

 

Blogger Cate O'Malley said ... (9:23 AM) : 

Absolutely delightful. I love everything about her. If you need a definition of sassy, this is it.

 

Blogger O!Lightning said ... (9:31 AM) : 

Love love love love her fearless, true to self style. She is not afraid to be as beautiful as she SO clearly is.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 AM) : 

I particularly like the scarf in her hair. Gives the look a twinkle and a smile - besides her own smile. :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 AM) : 

She has this retro feel about her outfit--like she is in one of those Technicolor Hollywood classic films stepping out of a blood red '55 Chrysler convertible parked in front of a seaside bungalow. Very nice, maybe a darker shoe in the same style, but very nice nonetheless. She is playful, pretty, and exudes joy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

A tall Carmen Miranda!! Nice!!

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (9:49 AM) : 

This picture reminds me of the 0's and 30's... Not that I've seen it personaly but in pictures and movies... I love the skirt, specially the skirt.

 

Blogger porter hovey said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Omg! She's just too cute!!!

 

Blogger John and Beatrice said ... (9:52 AM) : 

Never has the "Rosie the Riveter" look been carried off so fashionably. We hear Big Band music wafting through West Village.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

She has a great physique and spirit. I like the scarf / wrap around her hair and her shoes are a great look for her. I am not crazy about the choice of top, but her outfit is very airy, free, and creative overall. I like the looseness of her wrap / skirt. The red lips work well with her skin tone.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

Love the princess bustline. And her wonderful scarf.

 

Blogger Landis said ... (10:28 AM) : 

for her smile ALONE, she wins!

that, and she can see herself in her own skirt. nice touch.

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (10:42 AM) : 

Very nice!
Beautiful smile!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Great style - and a smile.
When are you coming to shoot in Clinton Hill, Brooklyn? I shot an older gentleman with a Captain hat and a cane, and a man dressed in a 3 piece pinstripe suit and a straw hat the other day...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:13 AM) : 

The headscarf reminds me only of a cleaning woman. Otherwise she looks quite festive and hey, she's happy: that's the most important thing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

I Love Her.

I want to take her dancing

S

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:23 AM) : 

Ah! Adorable, fun, fresh, flattering, headscarf harkens back to the '50s. So sweet. :)

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (11:31 AM) : 

is this in Brooklyn?
I love her confidence and sass. More ladies should stand strong and tall like this.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:59 AM) : 

She really knows how to effectively communicate her beauty. There's no miscommunication! One need not guess that she feels lovely and loved. Her every stance conveys it.

 

Blogger Glowing Doll said ... (12:07 PM) : 

Cool and elegant.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:26 PM) : 

her dress is just smoking hot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

LOVE this.

 

Blogger J. said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Oh goodness! I adore this ensemble! And her attitude and expression are so beautiful.

 

Blogger natalia said ... (1:21 PM) : 

I like that, she is interesting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 PM) : 

It took me a few seconds to see that she's actually holding the skirt up/back, which I guess is just part of her pose. I remember her because of the head scarf, which I adore. I think it's especially interesting as the colors in her scarf are blue and red (among others) while her outfit looks to be black and white. Whatever it is, she's loving how she looks, which makes her look great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:35 PM) : 

Saucy girl! so very NYC!

 

Blogger k said ... (2:06 PM) : 

How charming! I'd really love to sit down and talk with her, you know? She has such wit to the way she dresses.

 

Blogger Melissa said ... (2:26 PM) : 

I am new to your blog and I have to say I feel revived after perusing your photos! I live in a small town in AZ and a girl gets to feeling a bit shlumpy when there is nothing to wear but shorts and flip flops. Thanks for the inspiration!

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (2:41 PM) : 

very 50-y classical style)
red lipstick makes the right image!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Lucy I'm Home!

 

Blogger Johanne said ... (2:57 PM) : 

She sort of reminds me of a peacock:P Without the feathers...Love the dress and the bow!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 PM) : 

First of all, she is a beautiful woman with a graceful figure. I like the top of her dress, but the whole effect is a little too much like a musical theater costume. She looks like she is about to start high-kicking at any moment.

 

Blogger Serg Riva said ... (4:46 PM) : 

A long neck makes any outfit fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 PM) : 

I just love this! I've definitely decided to be more adventurous in the way I dress & if I get it wrong occasionally, so be it...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:54 PM) : 

Girlfriend needs to eat a sandwich. And I hate how well starvation suits her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 PM) : 

adorable! and yet appropriate for a woman, not a girl. i hope someone is taking her somewhere very special.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:30 PM) : 

This insantly reminded me of my Grandma in the summer.She was super cool to.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 PM) : 

She's amazing, I love everything about her. Confidence is half the secret of being adventurous. I've seen her here before looking equally fabulous, who is she?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:01 PM) : 

I LOVE this look! Very retro and feminine. I wish she wasn't holding up her skirt so we could see the actual length (I'm geussing it hits right at mid-knee). One of the few women I've seen whose legs looks excellent in ankle-strapped shoes! Nice job, Sart.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:32 PM) : 

I love this blog because I don't know much about men's fashion. You have an eye for those with unique innate style. Thank you for bringing us fashion from around the world!
- Kathleen (theblackstiletto.blogspot.com)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 PM) : 

Retro chic !
She looks amazing !

 

Blogger Cassaundra said ... (9:05 PM) : 

confidence.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:23 PM) : 

wow, how fun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:29 PM) : 

She has a pretty, model-like figure. I like her shoes but the head scarf looks contrived and kind of Minnie Mouse.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 PM) : 

The gorgeous line of the leg makes her shoes look ever so delicate.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 PM) : 

Adorable! It's too quirky and costumey for me but it is JUST ADORABLE.

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (9:50 PM) : 

She's what the old school dudes might call a "stone col' fox".

What a great body and smile. And she just oozes warmth and confidence.

She rocks the head scarf.... and that's a true art.

 

Blogger stacy (la, ca) said ... (10:15 PM) : 

Effortless and classy, but it is the *shoes* (ankle strap & stilletto 4 1/2" heels) that pull it all together, giving it that sexy pizazz that sends this look rocketing from vintage to eternal.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:19 PM) : 

I adore her head piece. It really pops against the black & white of her outfit. And the print on that skirt is fabulouse! :]

 

Blogger emoney said ... (10:50 PM) : 

what a beautiful silhouette!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:11 PM) : 

I just love this woman. She exudes happiness so effortlessly... her poses are so adorable and I admire her attitude and courage to rock that headpiece with that pop! lipstick.

 

Blogger Saucy said ... (12:10 AM) : 

She has it all, including my admiration.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 AM) : 

And the next Beale has arrived!!!

 

Blogger Jeffrey Byrnes said ... (12:42 AM) : 

Looks like she stepped off the set of a movie to strike a pose for the photographer. Great shot.

Jeff
Lenshare.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 AM) : 

I LOVE HER!! i dont know why but the headscarf reminds me of a sexier updated i love lucy look ( the one episode shes singing "mamasita ohhhh ohhh ohh mamasita"

lol.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 AM) : 

Ah, the things one can wear in hot and humid NY when one's thighs don't meet at the top...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:18 AM) : 

definitely different, a fun take on fashion.

www.fabulouslylizy.com

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (4:46 AM) : 

Is she a dancer? It looks like she is a very good one!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:35 AM) : 

i just want to dance with her

 

Blogger Nor said ... (7:18 AM) : 

This woman is divine! Beautiful shot, too! Eleanor

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

i want to meet this woman!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

i love her demeanor.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:07 AM) : 

she's sassy! love the attitudel

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

I wish she were on her way to meet me for cocktails. What a fascinating woman!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

me recomendaron el blog e hicieron bien muy bueno!!! bye

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:08 PM) : 

how quirky and adorable

 

Blogger blue said ... (3:11 PM) : 

bella bella

 

Blogger KayKat said ... (4:41 PM) : 

Whoa! Those are faces on the skirt. Now I'm wide-eyed :)

Love it!

 

Blogger Hannah Stephenson said ... (5:07 PM) : 

I can't decide--is she completely unironic or perfectly ironic? What works for me is that she seems so sincere and unique:
http://thestorialist.blogspot.com/2008/08/monday-august-11-2008-on-streetlucia.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 PM) : 

I WISH I WAS GOING WHEREVER SHE'S GOING.

 

Blogger TheShoeGirl said ... (6:12 PM) : 

I ADORE your blog... you are such an inspiration.

I'm just an amateur, but maybe you can check out my shoe blog?

xoxo

www.theshoegirl.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Carla said ... (9:56 PM) : 

I heard that the name "Lucia" means "light". I think that Lucia lives up to her name! I love how her look is so joyous and adventurous. She really is a shining star!

www.carladarling.blogspot.com

 

Blogger B. FLY AND THE CITY said ... (10:50 PM) : 

I KNOW HER FROM SOMEWHERE...I CAN'T PIN POINT IT. I'VE PROBABLY SEEN HER IN THE VILLAGE OR SOMETHING, OR IN A MOVIE. HER SMILE I LOVE, HER SIZE IS TO DIE FOR, THE BOW WAS MADE FOR HER, YES A REAL LIFE CARRIE BRADSHAW.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 AM) : 

Costume-y, but adorable. Wouldn't work anywhere but in a big city. Maybe that's part of the appeal?...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:18 AM) : 

Oh beautiful Lucia, I remember her from June(?) - what an inspiration! I would be happy seeing what she is wearing every day...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:52 AM) : 

That is so cute and quirky :)

 

Blogger Cherry Tree Wood said ... (8:30 AM) : 

Love the silhouette!
Interesting but not over-chargedwith useless details, just beautiful shapes and usefull volumes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

A sweet black corset like stretchy top with silver black skirt pattern .. a fabulous dress gives a pretty beautiful look to the charming girl... every girl wants it for her...Pastry Diamond Mine in Pink

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:05 AM) : 

cool dress... nice combination...Pastry Diamond Mine in Pink
Pastry clothes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:06 PM) : 

I love this outfit, it's so cute! It reminds me of this one dress I have with the same neckline. I love wearing my J Weber Locket Necklace with that neckline in particular. You should check out some of their stuff online, it's fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:22 PM) : 

Love it! It just looks like a cute, fun outfit. Love the skirt especially!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:11 PM) : 

This is so cute.
If anyone likes dresses like this be sure to check out fashion week san diego in the fall! So many of the designers specialize in a wide range of dresses to fit anyone's taste! www.fashionweeksd.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 PM) : 

I adore this woman! She reminds me of 1940s Hollywood. She almost looks like a Rita Hayworth! She is very retro sexy in that GREAT dress (love the skirt with the very cool faces) and her headscarf is just so cute! Bravo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:06 PM) : 

Pardon me, the skirt doesn't have faces on it; it is just an interesting white and black print. Still, Lucia wears it divinely! She is just SO vampy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:13 PM) : 

i remember her from a june post... i absolutely adore what she does with her hair and scarves

 

Blogger importantearnest said ... (9:00 PM) : 

I love new york. What a cool lady! Love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:05 AM) : 

FABOO to a t. Might be the best Sartorialist outfit I've ever seen.


Choubelle

 

Blogger Jennifer e Tati said ... (8:11 AM) : 

Very nice. I liked very much. Congratulations for your post!
http://www.modaposthaus.blogspot.com.

 

Blogger Supplicem said ... (3:49 PM) : 

Just great, love her

 

Blogger Cyber Monday Deals said ... (7:47 PM) : 

i love this outfit. Great find.

thanks

jay
Stores Open on Christmas

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:51 PM) : 

Lucia is the bomb!

 

Blogger Julianne said ... (2:09 AM) : 

I love it! I know the retro head wrap has raised some controversy here in the comments but I think it's a smart twist. This picture just screams "joie de vivre" to me!

 

Blogger Kanani said ... (1:13 PM) : 

Very striking!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 PM) : 

I love her style and her poise. To see such happiness makes me smile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 PM) : 

Gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 PM) : 

This is the perfect combination of sass, glamour and confidence! I love it!!!

 

Blogger jenna said ... (1:06 PM) : 

yum

 

Blogger Rebecca V. O'Neal said ... (9:27 PM) : 

rihanna wore a very similar dress to the vmas.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 PM) : 

VIVA LUCIA VIVA LA MODA

 

Blogger nidyawiguno said ... (5:16 AM) : 

it's cool. her make up and outfits similar to a pin-up girl.. :)

 

Blogger la femme said ... (5:28 PM) : 

She is amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 PM) : 

lucia torna a milano....we want you back in milano!!!baci,astor

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting