This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Masha, Soho

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, August 07, 2008

On the Street...Masha, Soho

Comments on "On the Street...Masha, Soho"

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:38 AM) : 

I shouldn't like this look, but I do. A lot. I can't explain it, and I am OK with that. Maybe it is her confidence, or maybe she makes me think of my girl cousins getting ready to go to a party (yes, I used to watch them as they walked around the house and do their hair and make-up). Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:44 AM) : 

The color is exquisite, I'm undecided on the shape of this, though. It seems to leave her looking quite rectangular; I'm not sure if the belt creates a waist as well as it should. I Would have liked to see a more interesting shoe and her hair up, too. I understand that the "perfect look" isn't the point of this. Hmm, she looks cute. I'm still semi-undecided though.

 

Blogger beths said ... (8:58 AM) : 

I like the summer im-perfection of it all. The hair still wet, the bare legs, the sensible flattering glasses. Also the blast of cool color, and a torso-arm fit that works in air-conditioned offices or on the street. Whatever work she is off to, I think I would feel confident as her client. The silhouette is unusual, but her legs, hips, neck, shoulders and wrists look good!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:01 AM) : 

elegant. love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 AM) : 

I love this color, bleu roi, a really good color for brunette girls...

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (9:12 AM) : 

She looks uncomfortable even though she pulls off the look well. I like the casualness of the dress mixed with a belt and pumps. The glasses finish it off well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:18 AM) : 

I like the specs, that is about it. The fabric and color choice is great (I am sure it is a great dress), but she should have the dress tailored up top to fit closer to the body and to rid herself of the unbecoming 80-ish collar. I think the shoes could be livelier, those patrician pumps are missing the mark.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:28 AM) : 

I love the color. I don't love the dress. It reminds me of what I used to wear when I was a secretary in the '80s. But, as they say, if you're old enough to have worn it the first time around, you're too old to wear it when it comes back. I guess I'm just too old!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 AM) : 

Whatever people say/think about the silhouette and other details that amazing shade of blue is very empowering. I like the fact she uses minimal accessories to just let the color speak for itself.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:33 AM) : 

It's a very cool silhouette. She balances it out with her attitude and glasses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 AM) : 

love it...a truly beautiful blue, and both the structure and the colour flatter her...im inspired:)

-charly

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:07 AM) : 

I agree - that shade of blue is exquisite on her. I am wondering about the belt however. It looks a little bit like a man's trouser belt. I think a wide, soft leather woman's belt might improve her lines.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:37 AM) : 

The way it's draped, I could have mistaken it for a romper - I love the pockets (my favourite feature on dresses these days), the length, the colour...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 AM) : 

I love the collor and i don't think it should be fitter, but i do think it needs some adjustments so that it doesn't scream 80's but rather, 80's inspired. The glasses are beautiful and she is beautiful.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Could be just the light of the shot but her dress colour is getting pretty damn close to International Klein Blue...easily one of the most striking colours in the world....you'd need to have some serious personality to not let the colour overshadow the wearer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:06 AM) : 

This color is exquisite! Minimalism executed to perfection!

 

Blogger Tea Lady said ... (12:01 PM) : 

I absolutey love this entire look! She looks amazing.

 

Blogger Karen said ... (12:07 PM) : 

I love the brilliant blue, and the proportions are good. Without a defined waist it would make me look like a dumpling, but on a slim woman like we see here, it looks good.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

This look is great. Perfect for HOT summer days.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:32 PM) : 

the color is one of my favorites on brunettes, and her legs are fantastic. what you can see of them, but it's a good office length. the cut is a little bit 80s which leaves me unsure. but that's what I love about the sartorialist, he doesn't look for trends, he looks for people with the confidence in what they're wearing to look amazing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I love the blue of this dress. It reminds me of the kinds of colours one find in a pallet of watercolours. It is lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

Wonderfully chic! That saturated blue is exquisite on her, and the strong, simple accessories--especially the chunky glasses--are the perfect complements.

 

Blogger The Domina said ... (2:08 PM) : 

I don't love the shape but the color is so fabulous it makes you forget about the shape.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:37 PM) : 

The color is brilliant and the shape looks good on her - she's slim and has great gams. For someone with stockier legs (sadly, me), this dress might look a tad matronly. Regardless, she looks adorable and I covet her glasses.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:42 PM) : 

This woman looks effortless! I absolutely love the colour blue that she's wearing, a deep cobalt. Even though the dress is 80's style, she wears it well without looking to contrived, which is often the case these days in regards to 80's clothing.

Her haircut, glasses and posture make her look confident yet relaxed. I just wonder how she can walk on those cobblestones in those heels!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:50 PM) : 

There's no help for that 80's shape and the dress is wearing HER but SHE is wearing the color.

 

Blogger G.S.GUCCILIFE said ... (6:10 PM) : 

Winona....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 PM) : 

i love this.. she reminds me of Winona Ryder (pre-drugged out days).

 

Blogger LRB said ... (6:43 PM) : 

I always appreciate a good bold color for a working day look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 PM) : 

i actually like the dress and think it fits her just fine. what i dont' like is how she looks so uncomfortable in it. and the shoes make it look so stuffy. maybe a shot of extra color and some different, flatter, brighter shoes would make this outfit work in my eyes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 PM) : 

A beautiful young woman, great glasses, but the dress: very much like an old fashioned airline stewardess. And the neck is reminiscent of the worst kind of leisure suit.

 

Blogger Lynne Rutter said ... (10:20 PM) : 

is it just me or is she wearing skorts?
fabulous color,tho!
i'd ditch the shoes, i don't like pumps with such a casual ensemble.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 PM) : 

This woman is amazing. If I died at this moment. If a meteor came through that window to my left and clean knocked me into oblivion. My last thought would be that life is good because women like this exist. What a pretty face. Oh, and I also love her outfit. Can't tell though if its lightweight summer cotton or a linen blend. It captures her spirit, is all I can say. Hmm. Okay, back to editing...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 PM) : 

Not working for me. 80s flashback.

 

Blogger MELI. said ... (12:42 AM) : 

that blue is lush! is that linen. I'd love to wear that

 

Blogger Hap said ... (1:23 AM) : 

Lis nailed it. (2:37 p.m.) This dress is about the legs. Her legs are fantastic, and they're big. The silhouette hhas to balance them and use them. So she's made it like three stanzas of a poem: A A B (Upper Torso, Lower Torso, Legs & shoes--each stanza is substantial and they balance, but the last stanza is the kicker.

Great shot Sart, you make Soho look like Petra, the ancient city carved into the canyon walls in Jordan.

Hap

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:27 AM) : 

Great self confidence, so nice legs, nice skin, real woman...perfect !

 

Blogger Isabelle said ... (6:39 AM) : 

KLEIN PERFECTION

 

Blogger katie.bar.the.door said ... (7:38 AM) : 

you know, i don't necessarily like the dress, but i do very much like the way its ambiguous shape (and completely unambiguous color!) force you to attend to her legs and face instead of her clothes.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (8:46 AM) : 

Love it. She's a bit sexy librarian with the cool frames and a beautiful shirtdress. Great legs too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

she's a beauty. great, simple look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

Love the bold colour, love the draping of the dress on her with the belt just above her hips - looks classier with this look than if it were cinched at the waist. Looks so effortlessly put together and fresh - just perfect for this summer-to-fall transition! Great style that almost everyone can pull off, it's inspiring me to buy a piece in this colour now!
Well spotted!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:04 PM) : 

my favourite colour at the moment.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:06 PM) : 

This is almost unfair. Beautiful people can wear anything they want- boxy dresses, blunt haircutes, big glasses- and still make it look great (which she does, in my opinion). I'd like to see some not conventionally gorgeous or skinny people pulling off new looks, please.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 PM) : 

i like this picture alot- shes prettier than the dress- and the dress is still pretty. too bad- i think i see a wedding ring on her left hand- but i might have the finger wrong. shes got a smile on her face that tells me shes smart + confident. she knows shes got it going on. but i always have to wonder how women handle those cobble stones in high heels.

 

Blogger Linda said ... (3:51 AM) : 

LOOOOVE this color!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:13 AM) : 

amazing color!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:12 PM) : 

She is what is good about this. She is very beautiful with a great body and legs, despite manly glasses, hair and shirt top we want to look at her. She would look good in a sack.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:34 PM) : 

This blue... fff Forever, FOREVER :)

 

Blogger Jeffrey Byrnes said ... (12:36 AM) : 

I love how the blue makes her stand out. Great shot.

Jeff
Lenshare.com

 

Blogger milenkos said ... (9:30 PM) : 

I like the Yves Klien blue and the crumpled lines of the dress.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:16 PM) : 

ah! i am happy thhat caught the super stylish masha orlov! she is such a classic soho girl.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:02 PM) : 

That cobalt blue just strikes me like a burst of lightning! The color alone is enough for me to love this outfit. The fact that the woman executes it greatly with simple black pumps and nerdy yet sexy glasses makes me love it even more!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 AM) : 

Très chic...that's all!!!
Perfect bluette, very simple....she is so elegant
Well done!

 

Blogger eda said ... (2:43 PM) : 

Her smile has the very same colour with her excellent dress.
Also, she gives me the feeling that she belongs to that street, that pavement; and after the shot she , somehow, disappeared.
I cant take my eyes off her.
nice job! :)

 

Blogger gisela said ... (12:22 AM) : 

nice outfit, amazing legs!

 

Blogger to scout for a hipster said ... (2:19 PM) : 

amazing how one strong, beautiful color can make a outfit.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Glasses, haicut, colours, everything is so predictable.
The 80s were a sinister period but why not to reuse its codes? It would be smart to be a bit pickier when it comes to play with them though.
SL

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:09 AM) : 

this is the exact blue i have been looking for, and haven't found. i'll dye some.
great example of how 'loud' can also be so subtle.
from the colour to the outfit to the accessories- i'd wear them all.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:35 PM) : 

masha orlov, she 's a stylist working mainly in paris..

 

Blogger Eleazar Quest said ... (8:57 PM) : 

The Shock of blue is a great contrast to the her brunette. The shoes are also simple, and perfect with no stockings. Sohoriffic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 AM) : 

is this? THE Masha?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting