This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....Ostermalm, Stockholm

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, August 21, 2008

On the Street.....Ostermalm, Stockholm

Comments on "On the Street.....Ostermalm, Stockholm"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 AM) : 

I love this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:52 AM) : 

Hi

Are you in Stockholm now or are these pictures from a previous visit?

PS:
I love old people who are interested in fashion and takes their time to look fashionable.

 

Blogger ♥ Sarah said ... (7:58 AM) : 

OH he is just adorable. The sun is out, and he's got an umbrella just in case. Look at his fantastic striped jacket. He's just got a classic look with nothing to prove with his outfit, nothing self conscious about that look, and i think that's why i love it.

 

Blogger Borsó said ... (7:59 AM) : 

He just stepped off his bike and you gave him your hat?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 AM) : 

Classic Östermalm.

 

Blogger mette said ... (8:12 AM) : 

Yes,Östermalm is the place where you could meet someone dressed like him.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 AM) : 

Terrific! He really rocks that magnificent blazer and the hat is perfect, perfectly positioned too. Did you take your panama to Stockholm?

 

Blogger Dick Goodnuts said ... (8:26 AM) : 

It will have to grow on me...
I guess I'm too young to like it yet

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (8:32 AM) : 

I love this look, although by American standards the jacket sleeves would probably be too long and not allow for the shirt sleeve to show. I especially like the fabric of the jacket, which seems high-quality cotton or maybe silk? And yet another good example of a summer hat! Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

he's glorious. he looks like a M A N. how bout that? i love his casual elegance with flair and still remaining very masculine. i like a dandy man, too, but this guy does it for me. his style makes him ageless, too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:51 AM) : 

are wrinkled clothes the new thing now? you have another picture below where the gentleman's clothes are quite disheveled. i understand they may be cotton but...
jokes aside, i like that jacket!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

I am so excited to study abroad.

 

Blogger Gai said ... (10:06 AM) : 

i like older guys who have the balls to dress like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Fantastic !! He's so class ...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:10 AM) : 

the right age gentleman for a panama. Great all around.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 AM) : 

This makes me grin! Here I am part of the crowd that loves this photo... I love it when older gents make that little extra effort. He not only looks great, but he looks as if he is really enjoying life! Wonderful!

~ Miss Mary

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:26 AM) : 

I am a native Stockholmian, and no matter how often I've walked the streets of this city I've never even seen half as many well dressed or unique people as you've shot during your (two?) short visits to this town. You really have the 'eye' for this, and I think that's one of the most impressing things about this blog.

P.B.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

very dapper!

He reminds me of an elderly male relative who i'm particularly fond of, so much so I decided to read the subject he was a professor of at Oxford but I digress.

The umbrella and the hat round off the outift perfectly - I could imagine him at Henley.

 

Blogger londondog said ... (12:49 PM) : 

natty natty natty in a very traditional summery way - panama hat, a blazer a a brolly - love it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:14 PM) : 

If you want more pictures of people in Stockholm try this:

http://stockholmstreetstyle.feber.se/

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (1:33 PM) : 

Wath a classic!!!! Lovely jacket. I really like this one.

 

Blogger Cate O'Malley said ... (2:04 PM) : 

I love the jacket and the care he takes in wearing his clothes. What really caught my eye is his impish expression. Wouldn't you just love sharing a glass of wine, slice of cheese while he spins stories of his adventures.

 

Blogger natalia said ... (4:06 PM) : 

Are you vacationing in Stockholm right now?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 PM) : 

i could see myself looking back and relishing the fact that i've been married to him for the last 25 years...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:14 PM) : 

Is it just me, or does this guy's face look like Ted Koppel's? I love how older people can pull off quirkiness in dress much better than younger people. It's as if their age gives them a "pass card" in the style department. I like this outfit on him very much, and I especially like how all his accessories (tie, shoes, hat band) all match, tying the look together nicely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:20 PM) : 

Tjusig! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Well, if people at Ostermalm dress like that, I think I should move into Stocholm as soon as possible!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 PM) : 

It's just fun...he's got his own style and he's at a time in life where he can do and look as he darn well pleases and he pulls it off!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:11 PM) : 

sorrento fever!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

Excellente! We need to see more of this savoir faire in New York but then New York is the New World and Europe, the old. Oh well. I prefer the Old in matters of dress and manners.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:20 PM) : 

Love all your photos. So beautiful and effortless. I was just curious what kind of camera and do you use?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:22 PM) : 

nice hat

 

Blogger aviewaskew said ... (8:22 PM) : 

such a dichotomy...summer on top..then blending down to almost wintry then moody Joakim...you can almost feel the crispness in the air in the bottom two ...great character shots sart...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 PM) : 

He's awesome!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 PM) : 

a lot more pictures of men lately or is it just me????

 

Blogger MAÍTA said ... (9:03 PM) : 

loved it, loved your whole blog,

 

Blogger Scoot said ... (9:41 PM) : 

Magnifique!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 AM) : 

I miss my Stockholm trip... arghzz...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:59 AM) : 

Beautiful look! Love the hat, in fact!
When will u come to Spain to let us show you our very way to dress??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:00 AM) : 

These Stockholm photos make me feel so comfortable! I found the pool picture from L.A. the other day extremely unsettling--at that time I thought I was afraid to miss something. A little sunshine and moderate warmth don't hurt, but this beautiful Scandinavian coolness reminds me of what 'is me' again. I'm simply not made for the heat, nor for the according fashion. Ouf, thanks for that!

 

Blogger PunkiMeowMeow said ... (11:50 AM) : 

I love the total look. Very suave. I enjoy your blog too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:21 PM) : 

This is great! I love how the jacket is unstructured, yet looks so polished. Great find!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:37 PM) : 

Very very beautiful.

To the native people from Stockholm: we Brazilians really believe in the existence of those gentlemen from the early Bergman's movies, as well as their gemütliche houses: everything pointing to a love affair with the white and pastel colours and with the sunny days of summer.

So don't tell us that gentlemen like this one are scarcely seen. Please, don't take away my ilusions..

Laura

 

Blogger Yanti and Richard said ... (6:29 PM) : 

Reminds me of my dad a little, although he'd have baulked at the bold stripes. If his trousers were a tad shorter he'd have been trying for perfection. The fact they're a little too long shows he's not really trying (or caring?) too much and that's what makes him cool.
Love the way he looks like he's indulging you by posing. He's seen it all before. Great

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:34 PM) : 

I like it! He looks like he could suddenly decide to twirl that umbrella and do a vaudeville number. And yet it's unstudied enough not to look like a costume.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:25 AM) : 

He'd look better with a bow tie.

 

Blogger Mister Traffixxx said ... (11:41 AM) : 

i love stockholm
i love you

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:01 PM) : 

C'est tres chic!! J'aime sa parapluie...

 

Blogger Donna said ... (4:41 PM) : 

This man is sooo adorable! 65+ men should really have their own category.

 

Blogger Teena Vallerine said ... (6:38 PM) : 

Clearly I'm the only one thinking 'Mary Poppins'.... in a good way! t.x

 

Blogger InStudio Blog said ... (8:46 AM) : 

I like his look. I want to believe he's meeting his granddaughter for lunch.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 PM) : 

That old man is badass.

 

Blogger Rich Tseng said ... (6:36 PM) : 

It is a serious tragedy that the tightly rolled black umbrella is an endangered species in North America. Truly an old-world privilege.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:54 PM) : 

i love this photo because it tone of the few pictures of man who isnt RAIL THIN!

big people dress well too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:48 PM) : 

black shoes ???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:56 PM) : 

LOVE IT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

He looks wonderfully classic! I see so many nicely dressed elderly men on your blog, but no elderly females. Do you think men dresses better than females when they reach a sertant age?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting