This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street...Greys & Color, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

On the Street...Greys & Color, Milano

Comments on "On the Street...Greys & Color, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

love the black white and grey with a colorful scarf to add. just don't love the head scarf tied that way. not flattering. she has great style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

it's always a pleasure to see photos of what i consider "normal people" wearing everyday clothes. i tire of what i consider "lunatics" who wear silly outfits just to get attention. that's just my opinion...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:17 AM) : 

I love her mousy grin -- the nonchalance of her pose. This is how a natural portrait should look. And her clothes make her look comfortable and feel natural. The scarf on the head is perfect.

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Who doesn't want to be THIS GIRL!

Youth and a simple understanding of fashion and color.

I wish I could see the whole outfit.

I like the shock of pattern and color. True wisdom!

 

Blogger beths said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Neutrals and scarf colors are indeed lovely, as is her face. But the way the scarf is tied is unflattering to her, and with a wrinkled shirt she seems ready to scrub a floor or strip paint off furniture. Ready to scrub a floor is fine--if that's what she intends, but for other activities, I'd suggest improvising other modes of tying the scarf.

 

Blogger sadia said ... (10:00 AM) : 

surprisingly cute!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

beautiful!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 AM) : 

She's obviously cute. Not sure I like the head scarf. Maybe it's the way it's tied.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:13 AM) : 

she looks like mel c of the spice girls

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:16 AM) : 

Wow. She looks fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 AM) : 

I love her scarf this way. I don't know if I would love it on just anyone but she carries it with ease because the rest of her outfit is understated but well-fitting (i'm crazy about the pleated pant). It's a perfect splash of color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:18 AM) : 

She looks like one of the former Spice Girls...think it was Sporty Spice?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:38 AM) : 

She is so... French!

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (10:55 AM) : 

lovely colorfull accent!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

WOW i'm in love. This is a wonderful shot, but what a beauty she is.
PS. She dresses really beautiful too.

 

Blogger tpds said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Was this woman as beautiful as she looks in this photograph?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:58 AM) : 

I love the way the simplicity of her look is contrasted with colours that are so alive on the head scarf.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:26 AM) : 

I like the use of color, but I don't like the way the head scarf is tied. It's too Rosy the Riviter and it doesn't really go with the rest of the outfit. It's like she's grandpa from the neck down and grandma from the neck up. I like the grandpa look, but not with the head scarf. Maybe with the same scarf tied at the neck to give a splash of color?

 

Blogger Urbanizer said ... (11:26 AM) : 

"I fell in love with the first cute girl that I met"

how is she doing that the scarf looks no more than amazing the way she put it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:32 AM) : 

Cinderella before she gets ready for the ball, with her hopeful smile cutting through; damn her wicked step sisters! Is that a mens' crew neck tee? I work with a girl that wears them under a nicely cut blazer with the sleeves pushed up and they look great. Simple and practical--of course I love it.

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (11:46 AM) : 

Very simple... very nice... magnifique!

 

Blogger Sara Szatmary said ... (11:50 AM) : 

This woman's fresh, easy elegance is inspiring. Thanks Sart!

 

Blogger strikk handknits said ... (11:51 AM) : 

hmm...i can't decide on this. she looks gorgeous and comfortable, but almost like she's off to wash the windows (except for the chunky bracelet) - one of the few pics that i can't decide if i like or dislike.

 

Blogger hannah said ... (11:58 AM) : 

white t-shirts are so sexy.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (2:51 PM) : 

I do love this basic outfit ; the head-scarf gives it a more personal touch...
She reminds me of someone, a combination of Mel C and a Dutch actress ... she has a lovely natural face ..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 PM) : 

Her smile is the best accessory on the whole outfit--dig the scarf, too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 PM) : 

Maid chic.

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (4:29 PM) : 

I have always wanted to wear a scarf like that. I just can never get it tied right. Or perhaps I'm using scarves of the wrong size.

She wears this well. So lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:36 PM) : 

i'm a firm believer in nothing beats a plain white tee.

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (4:37 PM) : 

Interesting but I am undecided whether I like it or not.
I see far too many ordinary looking people everyday so I enjoy those who standout. Hmmm...

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (5:28 PM) : 

I agree with anonymous that she reminds me of Sporty Spice, love the completely 'normal' outfit, and how she added a kick of surprise & colour with that headscarf! (although I myself could never pull it off)

 

Blogger BT said ... (6:11 PM) : 

Having just been to Milan, I wish I'd taken photos of some of the ordinary people and their great clothes. This girl is naturally beautiful, her looks emphasised by the casual, grey/black/white clothing, with a splash of colour. Fabulous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:37 PM) : 

nice, and understated. this would have been cuter if she had tied the scarf's knot in the back (at the top of her neck) rather than on top of her forehead.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 PM) : 

Are you all serious? She looks like a 1950's cleaning lady. I am not impressed at all

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 PM) : 

hmmmm.... Not so sure I understand this shot. She is definitely a beautiful woman but - I ask - if she wasn't wearing the head scarf would you notice her clothing? Looks what I see everyday at the gap...

 

Blogger Cristina said ... (9:27 PM) : 

Nothing wrong with a working woman people! I do not know how to knot a head scarf myself without looking like Rosie the Riveter. Who is not so bad of a fashion influence.

 

Blogger Feminine Touch said ... (9:35 AM) : 

Perfect look for chic housewife.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:23 AM) : 

I have a picture of my mother in the 1940's with a scarf tied like this on her head. So I kind of like this in a nostalgic way. I also like the fact that this pretty young woman looks completely natural and I don't believe she was thinking about an audience when she got ready in the morning.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

Love the pants!

 

Blogger TEXTSTYLES said ... (12:35 PM) : 

i wish my baba could pull off this look like she does...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

The fact that here outfit is ordenary makes her more special! Her outfit is so simple, but yet, she gets the attention of a famous photografer! The scarf is so special, that the total outfit is nothing but ordenary, I think...
By the way, what's wrong with ordenary if it looks like this, and flatters you?

please, forgive me my mistakes, English is not my native language!

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (4:40 PM) : 

Less IS more! very sweet

 

Blogger Emy Augustus said ... (9:02 AM) : 

I disagree. I love the head scarf and the way it's wrapped. She looks like Bianca Cassady.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:20 PM) : 

Simply: Charme! Sophisticated without to spend a lot of money (I assume) with a simple touch. She simply has change a common hat by a colorist scarf that contrasts with her very normal clothes . I love her to be among my friends.

 

Blogger Miss Urbanita said ... (2:18 PM) : 

I love this girl! A simple look, guarantee success

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:30 PM) : 

I think she is beautiful. She is just so comfortable and understated. The whole thing looks effortless - which I think is how fashion should look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

I love this. This is one of my favourites, ever. So often I see women who are done up so much that you no longer see any of the raw, natural beauty of the person. This is true elegance.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:36 AM) : 

i love the "we can do it" nostalgia. i think its right to pay homage to the past...thank you for the revival-when the women had to keep the country and the economy moving back in the 40s and 50s-"the war years"...being covered in motor oil and lipstick times...a yin and yang of masculine and feminine style. AWESOME.

 

Blogger Meander said ... (11:39 AM) : 

considering the disastrous hair dyeing experience I had yesterday, the "Lucy" style scarf is going to have to become fashionable IMMEDIATELY! Thanks for your help in this process. . .must find more women rocking this, preferably in America!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:05 PM) : 

I love her

 

Blogger mette said ... (12:47 PM) : 

Didn´t notice this pic. when it was new,but I really like her easy outfit and relaxed posing for the camera.

 

Blogger Marianna said ... (10:17 AM) : 

wow, i absolutely LOVE this look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

A contemporary Rosie the Riveter.

 

Blogger AilanthusAltissima said ... (6:45 PM) : 

Simple, elegant, and a bit of the unexpected in an otherwise entirely conventional presentation.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 PM) : 

New inspiration. Note to self. How to wrap a head scarf.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:03 PM) : 

She`s from Elle France!!!

 

Blogger Lauren said ... (9:52 AM) : 

how can i wrap a headscarf like that?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting