This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Personal Silhouette & Color Story, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Personal Silhouette & Color Story, Milano


Comments on "Personal Silhouette & Color Story, Milano"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

love it.

 

Blogger sadia said ... (9:50 AM) : 

gorgeous!

 

Blogger Jillian Hobbs said ... (9:55 AM) : 

I love everything about this. From the way her hair is cut, to the way she holds her bag, to the purple of the skirt, to her shoes. She's very beautiful and so is her look! Simple but still very stylish!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

Got me speechless!

 

Blogger maggie_hogan said ... (10:08 AM) : 

I love her menswear wristwatch!!! Want want want!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:12 AM) : 

On the first pic she looks like Kylie. Love the shoes and the haircut!

 

Blogger Uncle Syd said ... (10:24 AM) : 

Very elegant. Love the color of the shoes in the first shot.

 

Blogger Robin M Anderson said ... (10:43 AM) : 

Most Amazing Pic of the month. I love everything. Head to Toe perfection.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:45 AM) : 

I love that bag, it's one of my favourites. The Novak by McQueen.

It looks classic yet futuristic at the same time.

Amazing how much power a bag can reflect on your outfit

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 AM) : 

I love the color of the second girl´s skirt :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 AM) : 

is one shoe pink one shoe purple??

 

Blogger Sage said ... (10:59 AM) : 

love the touch of purple in each shot (and that orange bracelet in the second!). great sunglasses, great hair, but most of all i love that she's carrying a mcqueen novak!!!

 

Blogger do you like my tight sweater said ... (11:56 AM) : 

i want the shoes
i want the shoes
i want the shoes
i want the shoes
i want the shoes
i want the shoes
i want the shoes

 

Blogger John-Bryan Hopkins said ... (12:27 PM) : 

wonderful

she OWNS this look

the purple is just right!

 

Blogger D. said ... (12:37 PM) : 

I ask this question because it seems germane: when do you approve of leggings in a look, and when do you dismiss them as juvenile, teenaged, too "80's throwback," or tacky? Does it have to do with their color or texture? The accompanying footwear?

I have a few pairs, but find myself wishing they were just regular tights instead.

Here, I think the leggings are key to the way this lady manages to wear bulky, comfortable-looking outerwear and still look slim. The things tall people can get away with!

These photos really do present a coherent "silhouette and color story," and that's awesome. I love it when posts here follow a single person and show how their wardrobe demonstrates individuality and character, because that always impresses me a million times more than the "fashion chameleon."

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:37 PM) : 

absolute perfection. her color palette is to die for.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Love both outfits to bits...would even try the purple shoes with the second outfit ...
Purple is such a rich & wonderful colour - my favourite colour at this moment !!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:07 PM) : 

Ahh, such a great use of my favorite color: purple.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:08 PM) : 

she knows everything about purple and black as the combination, awesome!

 

Blogger yankeegrl506 said ... (1:09 PM) : 

I love that purple color and i'm so glad that it's big this season, and I agree with sage...love that orange bracelet too!

I particularly like the first one shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 PM) : 

really love the shoe in the first pic! i wonder where it's from! :P

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:27 PM) : 

Very nice! Is this Tod's bracelet (orange)??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

Purple and black -- she's got my colors. Black really sets off a spot of color.

 

Blogger Orfamay said ... (2:04 PM) : 

I need those shoes in the second shot. How tragic that I don't own them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:11 PM) : 

girl crushing on her
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
jealous of her stylish elegance!

 

Blogger Nicole said ... (3:08 PM) : 

FAAAAAABBBULOUS. LOVE the purple..shoes,skirt...love it.

 

Blogger Angel said ... (3:12 PM) : 

wow lovely outfit!
luv those purple heels!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:17 PM) : 

Love her look! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:22 PM) : 

Is this the same girl with the teal leather jacket from a few days ago? That's the exact same street...

 

Blogger escritora said ... (3:25 PM) : 

both outfits - just perfect

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (3:52 PM) : 

She knows what works for her and sticks with it. I love the orange bracelet against the dark purple skirt.

 

Blogger STEFANIE said ... (4:01 PM) : 

wow this is amazing. I love it.

 

Blogger Maggie May said ... (4:05 PM) : 

love love that second picture. great shapes, bag, the hair, the shoes...the colors.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 PM) : 

beautiful. cute. chic. elegant.
very nice combination with a very pretty woman.

 

Blogger Jor said ... (4:54 PM) : 

Those shoes those shoes those shoes! I'm not so hot about the bag, but no one's perfect. But everyone is looking at her feet anyway, so who cares?

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (4:57 PM) : 

Oh my, the bag, the shoes, the clothes...perfection! Love how she stuck to the colour palette but changed certain pieces...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:27 PM) : 

Ugh! People, stop with the leggings, so OVER the leggings...!!!!!!!!thank goodness THIS girl has thin legs...don't come to norway...alot of wrong legs in thights:S

 

Blogger Rebecca Jane said ... (5:59 PM) : 

I love the shoes, and especially the outfit in the second picture.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:06 PM) : 

this is the lovely girl with the blue bag a while back right?
she's so stylish
i adore her style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:45 PM) : 

Still not feeling the leggings, but love her haircut and soft-shouldered silhouette.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 PM) : 

Minimalism, the key to great style. I love the fact that she wears tights with each outfit, it portrays absolute class.

 

Blogger LRB said ... (7:35 PM) : 

She's got it all down perfectly. Even carrying her morning coffee looks so chic!

 

Blogger Dan in Richmond said ... (7:46 PM) : 

Very tricky! I love the way you shot her in the same locale as "one girl, one bag" from the other day, down to her shadow on the pavement- did you have them lined up waiting? It has to be the same time of day. "one girl..." is my favorite of the "twin" shots, the top photo here is my favorite, although I also like her orange bracelets in the bottom photo. Also love that she wore her purple shoes one day and her purple skirt another while retaining certain elements of both ensembles. The jacket and skirt in the top photo are pretty fabulous, and the shoes in the bottom one. Well done, on her part and yours!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:55 PM) : 

funnily enough, its the leggings that really give both the outfits that edge, especially the first one.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 PM) : 

Why is it that the leggings look so perfect? Americans absolutely massacred that trend....Maybe if they treated legwear with more dignity, like the milanese, and accented them with the right shoes, and skirts we wouldn't have to cringe so often at the sight of a flashdance moment for a hockey mom.

 

Blogger Mel said ... (8:06 PM) : 

The first photo reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw and what she would were to a wake. Fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:27 PM) : 

Isn't that right around the Bocconi? Damn I want to be back there!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 PM) : 

i don't know why so many people hate leggings (i love them!) - though they are worn badly a lot of the time, they look great on her and actually make the outfit. the outfits would NOT look the same with black tights or no leggings.

her satin shoes in the first picture and her mens watch in the second are perfection.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:09 PM) : 

love it but i prefer opaque tights with skirts..

 

Blogger Chloe's Chic Conception said ... (11:42 PM) : 

She has great style!! I love that hint of purple in the second photo!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 PM) : 

Both adorable and charming!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:12 AM) : 

Devil's advocate....I really don't like the first photo at all. The skirt seems too high (at both waist and hem) and then the leggings mess with the shape contrast from top and skirt. Maybe she should have worn a longer skirt to hide the leggings...The jacket and shoes are nice though.....it's just the middle that bothers me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:03 AM) : 

the top in the first picture looks chanel

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:10 AM) : 

She looks great. But I wanted to comment on the tights. For the past year your viewers have been becrying tights as passe and "so over".
However, I see through your blog ( I live in a fashion abyss, and use your blog to see what the real world is wearing), that as "out" as they may be touted to be, they are still everywhere and looking pretty great.
Ditto on the whole skinny jean debate.
My point being is that just because some magazine tells you what the current trend is, it does not make it so on the streets. And thank god for that because in the real world on the streets, who can really afford to replace their wardrobe every season. And anyways you should be buying what you love and feel great in and therefore will transcend any fashion editors dictatorial opinion in any given season.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (3:13 AM) : 

leggings - thats the key of her look!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:53 AM) : 

Fabulous! She looks so great! Risky style for good!

 

Blogger gabrielazeanadal@hotmail.com said ... (4:41 AM) : 

She is great! Very 'her', very coherent! I would love to see more versions of that silhouette and color story!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 AM) : 

Thank you very much for sharing.
Through your blog, a lot of people including me of course have a chance to read and learn

from.
I have read some of your post and I really enjoyed reading it.
Thanks again and looking forward for more of your posting soon!

 

Blogger LindaLiten said ... (5:55 AM) : 

Elegant and cool, especially the first outfit. Goes in to my inspiration file.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:41 AM) : 

thats ferosh!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:57 AM) : 

That minivan is freaking huge!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 AM) : 

I love the color matching between her skirt and heels. I think she really achieves a sleek but casual look.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:07 AM) : 

I love the big masculine watch. My fiancé wears one all the time.

 

Blogger mechelle said ... (8:15 AM) : 

very nice
link me up
http://ereus.blogspot.com

 

Blogger maggie_hogan said ... (8:30 AM) : 

And a second thing!
I think it's very lucky that you caught her on two different days (is this the case?) because here it really is about the consistency in the palette. Had you just gotten one of these shots, maybe she wouldn't be here. But she didn't over do it by wearing the purple shoes and the skirt on the same day~ she kept to the hint of color idea, and YOU noticed! Thank you Sart!
I know I have a pretty consistent color palette that I love, and it's so pleasing when someone notices a set of outfits!

 

Blogger . . . said ... (8:43 AM) : 

This makes me feel better about how often I wear mostly black with a touch of color.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

wuah her watch is great and I love her hair :)

 

Blogger melur said ... (9:19 AM) : 

are both the same person?
one word: FAB!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:22 AM) : 

She looks like Kira Knightely, especally in the top photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 AM) : 

why leggings? please no..

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Excellent. Leggings can't quite be banished just yet. Your recent photos show that worn with a simple outfit and fabulous accessories (lean legs are a must), leggings look amazing.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:20 AM) : 

i just love her purple heels

 

Blogger adervise said ... (11:54 AM) : 

I hope leggings never leave!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:51 PM) : 

Please, someone, why do you hate the tights? They look great. Please explain.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

i love leggings!!! everyone who hates them is probably just mad they dont have the legs to pull them off!!! and that goes for skinny jeans too!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:16 PM) : 

I am speechless for the first time ever

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:41 PM) : 

I particularly love the second photograph and that this woman has a certain endearing awkwardness about her.

I must say that both outfits would have looked infinitely more chic with black tights, as opposed to the leggings we have going here. The footless tights trend must end.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:01 PM) : 

I must say, I am anti-leggings, but Europeans wear them so much better than Americans. (And I say that as an American who lives in Europe). Love her touches of colour. I am totally in envy of her effortless style !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 PM) : 

It's not Tods-Hermes.( Braclet in 2nd photo)

 

Blogger Carolina Lange said ... (3:54 PM) : 

Wow! Gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:44 PM) : 

Personally I hate leggings, but she does them well. Love her skirts,the last sweater and the purple!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:07 PM) : 

She reminds me of the very definition of what "women's everyday wear" should be.

The pop of color from the pumps reminds me of a pair of flats that I purchased. They are a pair of ocean blue flats and I am intending to pair them with a mostly neutral palette. I love how bright colors have been showing up with neutral colors lately (just like in this picture)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:24 PM) : 

maybe everyone hates leggings because they're often worn as trouser substitutes .. at least in sydney they are.

and at least, that's why i'm not a big fan of leggings.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 PM) : 

This is how you do all black, by NOT doing it. A pop of color somewhere unexpected takes you from hiding in the backdrop to a whole different place. The use of purple is adorable and admirable for such purposes. I usually hate purple, but she's used it well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 PM) : 

To work the leggings well you have to have skinny legs, period.

 

Blogger Squally Reach said ... (12:56 AM) : 

I love the watch in the second photo. And I wish I could have a better look at the heels on those shoes. I also agree with the above poster who said that most people who dislike leggings simply don't have the gams for them. For the same reason, I hate flat boots.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 AM) : 

LOVE IT!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 AM) : 

Uhm, leggings are always questionable but they pretty much work out here. Love the shoes, not sure about the oversized bag and sunglasses and the Diet coke... Nice instant pic, Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 AM) : 

Such a gorgeous silhouette in the first photo, let down by the gap between the end of the leggings and the beginning of the shoes. Much better to have worn black opaque stockings and stylish black spikey shoes for a complete effect. I'm one of those who find leggings very suburban, no matter how great the legs. That said, she also has a beautiful haircut and a great bag. Nine out of 10.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

I don't know, I think this is prety simple actually... I mean, she does look great, but her outfit is not very creative I think. She has the body to pull this off but it's pretty much a style that can be seen everywhere on the streets right now. It doesn't look to me like a very personal style. And hey, even purple is everywhere! So yeah, she looks good, but I'm missing that personal touch that so many of the great looks here show.
But great pictures as always...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:34 PM) : 

I love how, if one person says they don't like a particular trend, another person runs in and tells them that it's just because they couldn't pull it off. I have skinny legs (and not to my great delight either). I can pull off leggings (hopefully). And yet I still think they look very, very silly and will soon go out of fashion. Please don't assume that every single critique has an underlying layer of jealousy; they very often don't.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (4:11 PM) : 

she looks like a blonde Keira Knightley...don't you think so? Her face. Haha.

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (4:26 PM) : 

Ah, purple and black. Such a great color combo. The bag really ties in with the look!

 

Blogger BT said ... (6:18 PM) : 

Simply stunning. The first shot is superb.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:37 PM) : 

I can't even begin to describe how much i love this...she's just all around wonderful

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 AM) : 

please tell me someone knows who makes those shoes in the 2nd shot? must. get. them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:09 AM) : 

I love both of her outfits so much, her style is just like mine! She makes everything look very classy and stylish. I really am a fan of dark colors and the way her light hair pops against them. She really knows how to dress and I want to look more like her!!

 

Blogger elena said ... (6:53 AM) : 

lovely shoes BUT GORGEOUS BAGGGG!!!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:21 PM) : 

actually i think her outfits benefit from the punctuation of leggings - all-black from tights with a heavily black outfit would look quite banal in comparison with the contrast from her ankles/feet. I think the key to legging success might be to make sure you're wearing the longer length - 2-3 inches above the ankle?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:53 PM) : 

I like the way you set up this shot.. very symmetrical in the background and then she is perfectly set in the middle, reminded me of a seen set up from one of Stanley Kubrick's pictures.

 

Blogger Manolo said ... (3:27 AM) : 

I don't like to say this but... OH MY GOD !!! Waow. I prefer the first picture but I assume that's because her sort of naturally glamorous attitude shows better there than in the bottom one where she's just standing. Anyway, an absolute masterpiece of style. And what a nice purple touch on both outfits...

 

Blogger azadeh said ... (7:30 AM) : 

i must say, this is one of the best pictures i have seen in a while. Funny how nature is on the one side where the light is, and culture on the other side where it is dark,and the girl in the middle, who is quit anonymous, like she is drawn to both sides...!!WONDERFULL!!! bravo to the person who has taken the picture

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:00 AM) : 

I love her bags and shoes *drools*

 

Blogger Hannah said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Anna Wintour has done more for the contempo-bob than anyone. Immaculate.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

I am so getting this.. It is so cool, the essens of style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 PM) : 

To the comment near the top, not just tall people can get away with leggings with this outfit....the heels are key!!!!! High high high high heels for us shorties....and er, leggings!

 

Blogger lil´ german said ... (1:59 PM) : 

Oh - what a girl. Not everyone can wear this - great legs, wonderful shoes - the purple ones are my favourites. The bag is amazing. I would do anything to get such wonderful hair.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:37 PM) : 

i love this! great shoes, hair, personal touch.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:51 PM) : 

gorgeous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:17 PM) : 

Really wonderful look!

I have a question: who knows the price of her Novak bag? It takes part of the collection of 2005. Is it still possible to find it and where?
I'll be really grateful for any info. Thanks a lot!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting