This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Gold Buttons, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, January 23, 2009

On the Street....Gold Buttons, Florence



Comments on "On the Street....Gold Buttons, Florence"

 

Blogger Emy Augustus said ... (9:06 AM) : 

has a nautical / navy - like feel.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

Is that John Cusack in the first pic? If not, that's his lookalike!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

Beautiful "Pea Coat" , the effect of the golds buttons is Great- I want one!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:17 AM) : 

Gold buttons on a rich navy wool? Always a good look as long as the size is right as shown here. i'm intrigued by the third picture - love the buttons high up on the shoulder - i guess they are for fastening a hood? wonder what the front looks like? i loved the Italian posts, how will Paris live up?

 

Blogger diane said ... (9:23 AM) : 

I was never a big fan of gold buttons. I think they look gaudy.

 

Blogger Bedlam said ... (9:34 AM) : 

love this coat,

 

Blogger JJJ said ... (9:36 AM) : 

I like the third one

 

Blogger poor guy fashion victim said ... (9:36 AM) : 

absolutely italy!!
loving it

 

Blogger BTrain said ... (9:38 AM) : 

That is a classic piece of wardrobe. I love the buttons around the hood. Any idea about the manufacturer?

 

Blogger THE CAT'S MIU said ... (9:41 AM) : 

oh, pleeeaase give me those coats!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:54 AM) : 

I don't especially like this mini-trend. Buttons, I think, should generally first be utilitarian--function before form. When they're fighting to make a statement on their own, they tend to limit one's own freedom to accessorize.

 

Blogger Laura said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Ooooh...I love the buttons on the hood!

 

Blogger Hemaly said ... (10:12 AM) : 

The detail on the last picture is my favorite!

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (10:21 AM) : 

Gold buttons scream for attention. It is a nautical look, one too bold for me to try. The only golden buttons I have came with an old Loro Piana cashmere jacket I found at a thrift store, and on the jacket they stayed, although I would switch them if I knew how to do it. I like the first example, but again it is too strong a statement, and they tend to overwhelm the outfit, IMHO. Jorge from W Palm Beach

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (10:30 AM) : 

Aaaah (sigh) a caban !
I'm a sucker for cabans (and the men in it ...)

 

Blogger J said ... (11:03 AM) : 

I love military-style coats and coats with gold buttons - I don't see enough of them (maybe has something to do to the fact that people don't wear coats in SoFla).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

Top jacket is gold.

 

Blogger Milo Beloved said ... (11:28 AM) : 

I know it's not, but it just smells Americana to me.

Good call.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

hood buttons are so unusual and interesting
not a fan of gold buttons in general tho...too uniform-like

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:58 AM) : 

Makes the coat more playful!

 

Blogger joe t said ... (12:00 PM) : 

does the guy in the sec pic have white jeans on? whats with all the white jeans....

 

Blogger pve design said ... (12:02 PM) : 

my kinda bling, old buttons.

 

Blogger S. said ... (12:09 PM) : 

I Love gold buttons on jackets myself.. I have a short coat.. pea coat style.. I don't really see anyone else wear it so thanks for the pictures. =)

 

Blogger Geisslein said ... (1:02 PM) : 

Hm - the man of the first picture looks great...would love to see more pictures of him...

 

Blogger Fabio Bucciardini said ... (1:05 PM) : 

Nautical in the City. Love it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:45 PM) : 

I love the last photo! Navy wool coat and gray trousers in the fore flanked by puffer coats, beanies and jeans just out of focus.

And the bare nape of ivory neck and pink, cold ears are just all little boy wonderful. You know he kissed his mum before he left this morning!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:33 PM) : 

Who is that first man, and when can I marry him?!

 

Blogger NVA said ... (2:34 PM) : 

nice details....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:58 PM) : 

I'm not crazy about the fit of the coat on the man.. it almost looks too big for him and I don't like the way it bulges when he sits down.
Otherwise it's a good and classic look you can't go wrong with.

 

Blogger Trent Moller said ... (4:36 PM) : 

Silver buttons look much better on a navy pea coat, check for yourself. But not bad.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:49 PM) : 

he seems the captain of a ship.

 

Blogger Ca Delicious said ... (9:31 PM) : 

AMO os gilden buttons...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:43 PM) : 

Cool Photos!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:21 AM) : 

i dont think silver looks better. in this kind of coats with the navy feel its all about gold and i love the effect. you have to be carefull and be sure to pull it off and not over-do the outfit so that it doesnt look like a fancy dress. but i like it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:11 AM) : 

hey i got the same it s the duffle coat from Ralph Lauren with the lovely details on front...you should have feature a pic of the front...maybe next time

 

Blogger J.A.F. said ... (7:39 AM) : 

Since yellow gold jewelry seems to be making a comeback this seems natural...I really like the buttons. They look great against all the navy wool

 

Blogger jean sfeir said ... (8:45 AM) : 

i love the gold buttons, I believe that it is going to become a big trend.
my idea: buy a usual black or navy or white coat and replace the usual buttons with gold ones.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 AM) : 

1st Picture: The jacket looks great, normally the shorter pea coat’s aren't that nice!
Would have worn navy blue leather gloves though, or a lighter brown, of course depending on his shoes.

 

Blogger Jeroen Visser said ... (10:09 AM) : 

hehe I have the exact same gloves as the guy on the first pic !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Are there really that many Italian men who wear white pants in January?

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (1:16 PM) : 

wow, I should put some gold buttons on my jacket too!

 

Blogger Carl said ... (8:28 PM) : 

hmm...those gloves are seriously Pimpin', ready to put the smack down if need be. The coat looks expensive, the gold buttons I like. I wish I could see what is on the button, an eagle? The back of the jacket looks sort of funny, like a fat man in a little jacket. I'm sure its suppose to be that way, I can dig it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

That's the type of coat I'm looking for but in a more girly version :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Does anyone the brand of the first peacoat? It looks fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:18 PM) : 

reminds me of David Bowie in THe Man Who Fell To Earth. love it.

 

Blogger Berkley Magazine said ... (5:37 PM) : 

I love the first jacket. Looks like it's by Balenciaga. Lovely!

 

Blogger Tiphaine said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Wonderful caban !

 

Blogger Rockin' Rufus said ... (4:56 AM) : 

How about some rocker fashion for the hip rocker dad?

-rufus humphrey
yes, it's really me

 

Blogger mimoleskineyyo said ... (11:04 AM) : 

I love this jacket!!! I`ve seen some jackets like this one in the Fashion Week

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:36 PM) : 

Jorge from W Palm Beach said...

"...The only golden buttons I have came with an old Loro Piana cashmere jacket I found at a thrift store, and on the jacket they stayed, although I would switch them if I knew how to do it. ..."

Jorge! Please don't tell us you can't sew a button! Please return to the thrift store and find another jacket with buttons you love. Check that they fit through the button holes on your jacket, then just nip off the gold ones and replace them with the new ones.

Then offer the gold ones for sale on here because it sounds like they will be in high demand :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

love buttons on the hood

 

Blogger  said ... (8:43 PM) : 

Now, that's my style. Unfortunatelly i cannot wear something like this in the brazilian heat...
Nice pics.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

Can I say OMFG? I love this jacket! The buttons are very cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 PM) : 

great details those golden button.
I am quite happy: I initite this pea jacket alike from the beginning of this current autumn...

 

Blogger Anya said ... (7:09 AM) : 

Looks so classy..

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 AM) : 

These folks look fabulous in their outfits! The gold against the navy blue always looks right & is a classic combination that never goes out of fashion.
Great photos.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:43 PM) : 

Anyone know the maker of the first coat???

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting