This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Left Bank, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

On the Street......Left Bank, Paris

Comments on "On the Street......Left Bank, Paris"

 

Blogger Dick said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Lovely. D'you think that's a huge pair of blue pants?

 

Blogger David said ... (9:58 AM) : 

She's a delight....kit possibly a little young for her?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Tres COOL!Ciao from a huge fan Amsterdam.

 

Blogger Ladybird said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Lovely effortless outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:06 AM) : 

She was a sk8ter boi; she said later boi; she wasn't good enough for him...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:08 AM) : 

My first impression was that it was a little young for her, as well.....however, she looks happy and comfortable in her persona and what really does a 'little young' really mean? Bravo for her.she knows her style....the heck with what we think..I like it.....she is a delight!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

The whole world is trying to look younger, but when someone actually pulls it off through spirit and style... there's negative commentary. Why is this?

I hope she wears this when she's 80.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:21 AM) : 

AMAZING! And I don't think it's too young for her, she pulls it off perfectly. I love the jumper and the trousers are so cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

I love it when 45-year-old women dress like teenage boys. She can get away with it because she's in Paris. In the U.S., she would be regarded as foolish. Kudos to her! And I want to move to France!

 

Blogger AGNESAADAMCZAK said ... (10:33 AM) : 

comfortable look ;) I like it ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

i love this. i don't care if some may say she's too young for punk glamour. love. relaxed.

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (10:54 AM) : 

Love it. No particular element - just love the whole look. Lovely.

 

Blogger Katrina said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Amazing outfit!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:58 AM) : 

I love letting go of ageism and wearing what makes me feel good and look interesting. Style IMHO is wearing what gives a person energy, a positive feeling about themselves and functions well for the act at hand. She sure looks energetic and positive to me as well as ready for action.

Yeshe

 

Blogger Célia Gonçalves said ... (11:05 AM) : 

Loose freedom

 

Blogger Boothe said ... (11:10 AM) : 

I like.

Glad she took the jacket off.

 

Blogger Hadley Makes said ... (11:11 AM) : 

Gosh, she really makes those clothes shine, and they are not shiny clothes, you know? Good on her!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 AM) : 

wow,
the definition of messy refined.


x

 

Blogger Brown Sugar Girl said ... (11:17 AM) : 

I love it. She looks so cool !

 

Blogger junglesiren said ... (11:17 AM) : 

She looks casual and comfortable and still stylish..... and she's so pretty.

 

Blogger Shadan said ... (11:25 AM) : 

smile!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:30 AM) : 

I don't normally like 'boy jeans' (on women) but I think these work.

 

Blogger Pictures on Page said ... (11:37 AM) : 

Is that a secret pocket on the left pant leg? Very clever!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:46 AM) : 

Personally not my taste, but that is not the point here! Its a beautiful photograph, and you captured a woman having fun with her style. Thanks for sharing.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:48 AM) : 

Like everything from the waist up - from the waist down -not so much.

 

Blogger beths said ... (11:59 AM) : 

She's wonderful; no, it's not too young, for she has the right body and attitude to do this. The aqua tank or tee at the waistline does the trick.

I love the light and color in this shot.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25 PM) : 

this is so fun, i love her style!

 

Blogger cmc said ... (12:34 PM) : 

casual done right. am not crazy about the belt but the whole ensemble works so well on her.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 PM) : 

Comfy. Nice tonal mix of color. The best part is the blue in the midddle. The second best part are the blue Cons.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

look like she shop her son closet

 

Blogger cami falcão said ... (12:44 PM) : 

just love those pants.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (1:04 PM) : 

very boyish and very playfull look!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (1:09 PM) : 

nice outfit. very, very comfy. :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:11 PM) : 

I like everything - except these pants make her legs look a bit short...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:23 PM) : 

This is what I love about Parisian women -- They aren't held back by stereotypes of what may be deemed as "too young" for them. They wear what they like and listen to their own instincts instead of taking inspiration from the outside - ie: fashion magazines, "What Not To Wear" TV shows (haha) - I always say I'm going to be wearing my band Tees and chucks when I'm 80 because why not?? Age is but a number, a way of keeping track, and for what???

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:31 PM) : 

...and it proves: blue chucks are the best!

 

Blogger The Spicers said ... (1:56 PM) : 

She looks comfortable and at ease. I don't see what age how to do with this look.

 

Blogger Me said ... (2:12 PM) : 

It's the jewelry that pulls it together.

 

Blogger Diana said ... (2:13 PM) : 

For me, she looks like Jane Birkin.

 

Blogger Gaia said ... (2:24 PM) : 

nicee
x

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (2:27 PM) : 

I want every vestige of hip-hop culture to die out forever, so the super-low riding pant is pressing all my buttons.

But if she's into have the adolescent boy experience, more power to her! She looks like she's having lots of fun with it. Her non-existent hips make this possible, so I guess she's taking advantage of what she's got.

The colors are great, but if I saw her on the street I'd try not to look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

those damn french women... do they ever have an off style day? at first, you're not sure where she's going with this ensemble - but then comes that belt! it just takes her to the next fashion dimension.

my envy is not helped by the fact that it all looks so effortless.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 PM) : 

I love it 100%! Except for the tennies. OK, I love it 99%!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:59 PM) : 

Not sure this look works on a boy or girl.

 

Blogger tizzylish said ... (3:08 PM) : 

A breath of fresh air!! Thank god there are some people that still dress not according to the fashion gods!! Rock on ,sista!

http://wwwfuzzyland.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 PM) : 

Know what I love about this? She is most likely hiding a gorgeous body...and that is VERY sexy.

 

Blogger Marquis de Lannes said ... (3:36 PM) : 

Me gusta su estilo decontractado a lo JANE BIRKIN!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:52 PM) : 

That is some of the coolest I've seen in some time! Nice!

 

Blogger "Eddie in the corner" said ... (3:53 PM) : 

Totally agree with most everybody above.
She looks comfortable with herself, happy and cool.
And her belt rocks.
I do kinda wonder what her son's wearing.. probably best to not go There. :X

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 PM) : 

amazing. effortlessly chic. love the combination, regardless of age-let her be!

www.nolabelleinthecity.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:26 PM) : 

This is exactly what i wear on a down day, right down to the Cons! Naturally i love it.

 

Blogger Lija said ... (4:36 PM) : 

I love, love, love it!
It's easy going, stylish, and has that 'i don't give a f*** what you think about me, because I'm too cool for that' vibe..

Very cool.

Love from Serbia.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:41 PM) : 

Great outfit to fade into the background in.

 

Blogger Ramiro said ... (4:45 PM) : 

tottaly relax

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (4:45 PM) : 

Where's her deck?!?

I think the beauty of this style is that it didn't start in the conventions of the fashion industry. It started in the street and has worked it's way up into the fashion industry. She's not wearing it in that pissed off this is how I roll way, but in a playful, fun this is how I roll (so where's her deck?) way. Good for you missy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:14 PM) : 

One can never go wrong with Chucks...

ryanmulkey.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Brigadeiro said ... (6:27 PM) : 

I LOVE this look, she looks gorgeous, stylish, and comfy! ;)
xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:44 PM) : 

I like her blue Converse sneakers!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:48 PM) : 

Really happy to see Chucks and pyramid stud belts coming back! A classic combo. They are my 6th grade daughters daily go-to choice for middle school.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:30 PM) : 

" travelbug said...

I want every vestige of hip-hop culture to die out forever, so the super-low riding pant is pressing all my buttons."

wow . that's rather harsh.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 PM) : 

She looks like a friend. What's that between her eyes? I like the smile.

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (9:20 PM) : 

Great outfit but there comes a point when one is older (I'm one of those) some clothes look out of place. I love the shoes and still keep a couple of pair-they're timeless.

 

Blogger Geeky Black Girl said ... (9:42 PM) : 

FUNKY! My first impression was that she was kind of "old" for the outfit but I love it so moving past it because I'm going to wear whatever I want when I get her age!

 

Blogger Love + Cake said ... (9:47 PM) : 

ohhh, I LOVE this look :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:39 PM) : 

I'm 45 and dress just jlike this sometimes. Yay!

 

Blogger sharine said ... (11:49 PM) : 

Totally love this! the pants looks great.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:54 PM) : 

I'm surprised this was even posted. I don't think it has anything to do with age... it's just boring.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:34 AM) : 

She reminds me of a slightly older Adalita Srsen of Magic Dirt.

I reckon she pulls off the look because I don't think she thinks of it as 'a look'.

She's just going about her business.

 

Blogger Room4777 said ... (1:47 AM) : 

does anyone know where those pants are from? i love them, i think the photo you took in Jan titled:
"On the Street....Argylian, Florence", the man in it is wearing the same pants.

on her outfit, I think the whole skater thing really comes from having the studded belt and i do think it would look better without it but overall, i love how comfortable she looks in it.

 

Blogger Crisman said ... (2:19 AM) : 

I don't care how old you are, slouchy is slouchy. She obviously feels better than she looks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:28 AM) : 

it is one of my fac cool look of the week. Great, simple and so cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:24 AM) : 

the location might be France but that outfit seems terribly of the States.
There's nothing wrong with looking young. I'm 40 and almost always get carded when buying beer or wine. it's true, most of the Mtv'd world wants to look young. only haters get mad at people for being young. because - you can't truly look like something you aren't and young is in the mind and heart. but the outfit I still don't like. it's the pants falling off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 AM) : 

My first impression: too contrived for the skater boy look. The pants look like they were just pulled off the rack. I think Americans are better with the gritty street style.

 

Blogger quika said ... (4:44 AM) : 

She looks like she knows how to live her life.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 AM) : 

A young Jane Birkin...and for those who have commented on this lovely woman's age, remember that Jane herself dresses this way even today and is, at 62, old enough to be this woman's mom. Style has no age.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:13 AM) : 

She is obviously cute, but from the waist down it looks like she raided her 14 year old sons closet. Those belts need to be outlawed, every decade has that one crazy item that wont ever come back...and its these studded belts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:12 AM) : 

I want to grow up to be a cool mom who still rocks Converse and studded belts.

 

Blogger The Concrete Commentator said ... (9:53 AM) : 

love her little sweater with the little pocket, and casual style.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

... finally not a fashion slave but a cool, strong and sexy woman. Bring more such pictures, Sart!

 

Blogger Catwalk said ... (10:43 AM) : 

i wish i could wear the same in the city i live in..cool!

 

Blogger hc said ... (11:09 AM) : 

5/10 love the lighthearted aura, but we've seen this before.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:56 PM) : 

i remember seeing you at a press day !! i really loved your style !!! i couldn't really talk to you as i was a stagiaire :((, are we were not supposed to talk lol, but would really love to photograph you for my blog!!! it would be great if you could drop me a mail: gabifede@gmail.com , thank you !!! great style !!!!!

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (8:32 AM) : 

Nice proportions.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:34 AM) : 

I like the outfit...but the studded belt is too much, too trash. :O

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 AM) : 

love this! so cool and effortless. great style.

 

Blogger Daphne said ... (12:12 PM) : 

this is so natural!

 

Blogger richw65 said ... (3:41 PM) : 

The best thing is that she isn't trying hard to be cool....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:24 PM) : 

fresh & delightful!

 

Blogger The Rosary said ... (10:13 AM) : 

so cool, grat !

 

Blogger AilanthusAltissima said ... (5:53 PM) : 

I like it! The dash of blue is unexpected!

 

Blogger Wendy said ... (5:59 PM) : 

Kay, I want to know how she did the pants. Are they pants made to fit and just look oversized? Or are they all scrunched up in the back where she's belted them? Or would skinny boys' pants naturally stop at her hips?

 

Blogger B. said ... (7:13 PM) : 

cheerful:)

 

Blogger Meghan Adkins said ... (9:51 PM) : 

The thing I find disturbing is the people who keep saying, "looks like she raided her son's closet.." This outfit could very well be the same thing she's been wearing for the past twenty years. It is timeless in that way, and if her son is wearing something similar, we can thank punks for keeping the look alive since the 70's. And who cares how old she is? She carries it beautifully. I wish people would get over the age thing and let people be who they want to be!

 

Anonymous K.D. said ... (9:56 PM) : 

Love it! That's how I dress most of the time. This is fantastic that someone sees it as chic! I ADORE the hipster belt and the scarf. With the right scarf you can make almost anything work. Very attractive smile, too.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:44 AM) : 

the BOMB!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 AM) : 

I'm 54 and curious to learn about "age appropriate" style as perceived by younger people.I really like how this woman is dressed but could not pull it off as such myself because of a different body type, i.e. more curves.The mother of 2 teenage daughters I am subject to daily scrutiny, and have concluded that everything skin revealing is inappropriate, especially when the skin revealed no longer is young.Apart from that there seem to be no no-nos, and it all boils down to having a sense of colour, proportion and style. Am I right?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:14 PM) : 

she's cool...very cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:26 PM) : 

LOVE IT

 

Blogger susand said ... (7:34 AM) : 

this is AMAZING!!!!!I don't care what her age is. she is perfect.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:48 PM) : 

So Parisian...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 AM) : 

Love her!Seems to be so herself and thats the point isn t it?Beautiful

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 PM) : 

I love the pants

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting