This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Thank You

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thank You

Thank you all for your kind comments and support.  My father would have been very touched, and slightly embarrassed by all the attention.

I just arrived in Melbourne and will start shooting downtown today - I mean tomorrow - or later today U.S. time. Wait, what time is it?     

Comments on "Thank You"

 

Blogger Riley Clarke said ... (9:43 AM) : 

dare you to come to new zealand

 

Blogger Oh Dear Charlotte said ... (9:45 AM) : 

I wish you were in Perth!!!

 

Anonymous Esmoquin room said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Thanks to you. You brings us a really fantastic point of view of life.

Best!

 

Anonymous Esmoquin room said ... (9:57 AM) : 

And I love your collaboration with our magazine GQ Spain...

Greetings from the web!!!! We admire you.

Best!
Jose

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

My hometown! Welcome! Definitely looking forward to the photos.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 AM) : 

it's 4 o'clock am ! :)

 

Blogger crowsfeet said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Somewhere in the world it is time for a glass of champagne; a toast to you and your dad....
Cheers

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:04 AM) : 

You are HOURS and HOURS ahead compared to the US.
Your post was written at 7:20am (US time) which means it´s probably like...9pm in Melbourne?

Have fun in Australia. I´m looking forward to see the pics!

 

Blogger Ana Jankovic said ... (10:04 AM) : 

Its just clocked over mid-night and I'm about to message everyone to let them know you're here!
Can't wait to see what the lens captures...
Enjoy.

 

Blogger Enzo AGC said ... (10:06 AM) : 

Be sure to stop by Herringbone in Sydney and say hello to Ethan Desu, the the finest sartorialist down under

 

Blogger stephanie-sarah said ... (10:07 AM) : 

it's 12:06am in sydney, if that helps :) - stephanie

 

Blogger MONI said ... (10:08 AM) : 

CANT WAIT TO SEE SOME OF YOUR AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHS!

http://www.moneasywardrobe.com

 

Anonymous AC said ... (10:08 AM) : 

It's 10PM Thursday, here in Hong Kong.

 

Blogger LHFC said ... (10:11 AM) : 

its 12:10am right now in melbourne :) pray i see you out! love everything you do

 

Blogger Theo said ... (10:12 AM) : 

welcome to australia! hope you like it here and all that. although, if you're out late, beware of kangaroos, we're currently having a bit of a problem with them, especially in melbourne cos of the bushfires

 

Blogger liana said ... (10:16 AM) : 

yay your coming to australia!
hitting sydney?
xo

 

Blogger Hachiko said ... (10:17 AM) : 

And Portugal? when? :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:36 AM) : 

That's awesome that you're in Melbourne (and not in Sydney! haha) Hope you have a fun time down here and enjoy the sights of the city!

 

Blogger sunni said ... (10:43 AM) : 

if you are in the city, i will probably stalk you and garance after uni finishes! that's what i did when the facehunter came...and i did find him albeit whilst i was crossing the road and not really looking.

 

Anonymous mimi said ... (10:47 AM) : 

yay, im so excited your in my homeland!

melbournians dress amazingly, so im sure you'll will find some great subjects for your photographs.

if only you and garance were coming to brisbane! :(

hope you have a wonderful time!

 

Anonymous mimi said ... (10:49 AM) : 

ps - im sorry about your father. it sounds like he was a truly inspiring gentleman. sending positive thoughts and support your way.

 

Blogger liam said ... (10:53 AM) : 

and perfect melbourne weather today too. perfect in its own way that is, windy and rainy. sydney doesn't do that as well

 

Blogger Me. said ... (10:57 AM) : 

Chicago not so glamorous i know...but I think you'll find some gems here! By the way, I want to say that you are seriously the most dreamiest man...love your humor, sense of fashion and beauty. All with humility. :)I wish we can hear your voice more in these blogs.

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (11:01 AM) : 

What time is it? What day is it?

Do they have better buttons in Australia?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:30 AM) : 

Love your sense of humor even on hard times!
Enjoy Australia!


http://www.traveluxing.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 AM) : 

Definitely thanks to you. You make us part of the glamourous world of fashion. Street fashion. You make my life a little happier everyday with your post.
It's like I could fly everywhere from my little town in Spain, put on my red Louboutin, and walk along the streets of Paris, NY or, now, Melbourne.

Thank you.

 

Blogger nathaniapudya said ... (11:37 AM) : 

any chance stop by to jakarta?

 

Anonymous Maurits Rozema said ... (11:43 AM) : 

you posted on 7:20 AM so when you say "Wait, what time is it?" it was that time, LOL :)

 

Blogger Mitch said ... (12:12 PM) : 

Since I'm relatively new to this blog, I've been working my way backwards in your archive and came across this tribute to your father that you wrote on February 16, 2007:
"A huge part of the tone/voice of this blog was first articulated when I started talking to my kids about how I thought they should try to look at the world. Actually, the photo of Isabel with her arms up is probably the photo that began The Sartorialist (in my mind, at least). It’s everything I want to capture, joy, style and humor. What’s more, my dad loves that photo, which means the world to me."

Seems like your work has been a wonderful tribute to your family.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:12 PM) : 

welcome to melbourne! brunswick is a nice place to shop and wander...

 

Blogger Stephanie Clayton said ... (12:13 PM) : 

I love Australia! Truly wonderful people, culture....Looking forward to the photos.
All the best to you--whatever the time is down under! (It's noon here in the Caribbean...)

 

Blogger ariana said ... (12:23 PM) : 

oh, the amazing coffee you are going to have! i am so missing australia.
oh, the amazing style you will see!
amazing street style. the boys there are much more stylie than the boys here in the u.s. ditto for the gals.

babka bakery on brunswick street, souvlakis from souvlaki king on brunswick. the collingswood children's farm, the savers thrift store on sydney road, brunswick (gem), pellegrini's in the cbd (this is a must you 2), ladro on gertrude st, fitzroy!!!

oh my goodness i could just go on and on...i lived with my australian partner in melbourne for three years. our son was born there and i have so many fond memories.

good on ya!
be well and have f-u-n!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:42 PM) : 

Godspeed...

 

Blogger Sydnie said ... (12:42 PM) : 

This is the first time I've ever read your blog, and I am so inspired. Thank you so much for taking the time to put together such a great piece of art! I'm very sorry about your father; may he rest in peace.

Sydnie
www.takemeouttotherunway.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Al said ... (12:45 PM) : 

you sir, are amazing.

 

Blogger you and i are just part of the act. said ... (1:07 PM) : 

melbourne is A-mazing! i find myself returning every 6 months without fail. soak in the vibes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:22 PM) : 

What time IS it indeed? I read your blog in abuja nigeria and have a devil of a time figuring what time it is where you are on any given day! Btw I just discovered Garance Dore, stumbled on her blog via the condolence messges left for you. Long live style!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:57 PM) : 

Living out of a suitcase can be tough huh? Safe travels and Godspeed~!

 

Anonymous suzanne nelson said ... (2:14 PM) : 

i love australia! i think you will have the best time and i'm very much looking forward to your posts. If you can make it to Perth do go - i took the train from Sydney to Perth, a journey i will never forget!

 

Blogger Ángela said ... (2:58 PM) : 

Kissis from Spain. See you later.

 

Blogger Luciana said ... (2:59 PM) : 

You´re a good, inspiring men. And the post about your dad it´s a very sweet homage.
I admire you.
Come to Buenos Aires if you´re around!
:)

 

Blogger José Cabral said ... (3:21 PM) : 

My gratitude towards this blog is more than a fan view of your work. I’m obviously a huge fan but it’s more than that. You have inspired me to do something similar (in a amateur way of course) in my hometown. And to be honest that is changing my life a bit. Just a little bit, but it’s making a great difference...

Cheers and my deepest feelings for your father

 

Blogger NVA said ... (4:18 PM) : 

you're welcome...

good luck

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:22 PM) : 

hi Scott, I do time travel for work as well and find this free global clock v. helpful: www.qlock.com; click download button and look for free version, unless u want the pay version. cheers, Mel (brand em)

and very nice tribute re your dad; condolances to you and your family.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:31 PM) : 

Manhattan misses you already.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:33 PM) : 

Family, more valuable than anything in a wardrobe, my condolences. Thanks for coming here to Australia! I am going to dye my eyebrows to match my tie colour everyday so you know it's me :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

Come to Byron Bay! Ask anyone - its where the fashion people holiday in Australia. So naturally beautiful and super stylish. Hurry up..

 

Anonymous Louise NZ said ... (5:04 PM) : 

Welcome to 'Down Under' Sart... I agree with Paris Smithington - Come and visit us in New Zealand!!! Double dare!
Love following your Sartorial Travels throughout the world and am looking forward to your Australian work.
I'm so sorry about your Dad... Just remember you will carry him with you always.

Louise NZ

 

Anonymous CurveSmart said ... (5:35 PM) : 

Oh lordy, the news is out. People in Sydney have lifted their game now they know you are coming - I have seen so many boys and girls just begging for your lens over the last few days it's ridiculous!

 

Blogger Michael Bojkowski said ... (6:08 PM) : 

Eager to find out which part of Melbourne you think is 'downtown'. I don't think Melb has a 'downtown'.

 

Anonymous susan said ... (6:31 PM) : 

Auckland! Home of Crane Brothers...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:35 PM) : 

Hi. You wouldn´t have any other career and couldn´t do any other thing than being a photographer, and working with fashion. Your father was très chic, and reminded me a little bit of my father, who is also gone. My father love cinema, and he was a photographer. Even working as a administration of companies, he never left photography. Now, me, I´m a journalist, who writes and now is in front of cameras. I work with fashion, and love photography. Unfortunately, my father was gone before seeing digital photography (He would love it!), and didn´t see much of my work. But I know God will let him watch just a little bit what is hapening to me now. I would like just one more cup of coffee with him. Now I´ve learned to thank for every small or big or just simple moment I had with him. You will learn the same, be thankfull, more and more, as time passes by. Good memories will comfort you. And you have more than 1.000 coments here to help you... Enjoy every tiny moment in your life, with people you love. That´s the lesson we should keep from who we care about, and from life.
You´re always welcome to Brazil! My best regards, this brazilian journalist, Lilly Bastos.

 

Anonymous downunderboy said ... (6:44 PM) : 

where in Melbourne are you going to be? We want to see our fave blogger and one of the most stylish men in the world!!!!!

 

Anonymous melbourne fashionista said ... (7:04 PM) : 

As you can probably tell melbournians and sydneysiders can get a little competitive! But actually we both have wonderfully distinctive styles. Melbourne is looking a little grey today but it is most friendly culturally vibrant city.

 

Blogger Lillian said ... (7:05 PM) : 

I am so excited you're visiting Sydney! Your work has been a constant inspiration to me, I can't wait to see your shots from Australia.

Also, my condolences for your father's passing. May he rest in peace.

 

Blogger Lillian said ... (7:07 PM) : 

I am so excited you're visitng Sydney! I hope you enjoy your time here. Your work has been a constant inspiration to me, I can't wait to see your shots from Australia.

My condolesces for your father's passing. May he rest in peace.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:11 PM) : 

Any chance you will be in Syd?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:14 PM) : 

when will you be in Sydney?

 

Blogger wisch said ... (7:30 PM) : 

welcome

 

Anonymous Paul said ... (7:34 PM) : 

I'm in melbourne! wow~~ hope you stay here a bit long that I can have a chance find you in downtown.
Your father is great, he pride of you.

 

Anonymous Natali said ... (7:34 PM) : 

So excited you are in Australia! I hope you have the chance to visit Sydney just so you can compare the cool confidence of Melbourne style with the trashy glamour of the harbour city

 

Anonymous Claire said ... (7:39 PM) : 

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. He clearly deserves the attention-sounds like an amazing person. Keep up the good work! I'm only 13 but I've always wanted to be involved in fashion photography--and your blog inspires me greatly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 PM) : 

Thank you for sharing with us, and my sincere condolences.

Take the time you need. If you need time to rest and repair please take it.

We will be here when you get back, and we ill understand.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:14 PM) : 

hi mr schuman,

my obessive friends and I were wondering where in melbourne you will be shooting? the CBD?

we hope to spy you while you're at work...


:)

 

Anonymous gigi said ... (8:38 PM) : 

Welcome to Melbourne!! Cannot wait to see your take on this town. Yay!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:51 PM) : 

Welcome! Hope you have a fantastic time in Oz!

Come on Melbourne, lets not give ourselves a bad name again by disrespecting our fellow states, we're all great and have many reasons to deserve a visit! Rivalry is fun when it's expressed in a witty way...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:55 PM) : 

Warm wishes.

Enjoy your stay in melbourne, it's one of my favourite cities in Oz. ..of course, sydney and far north queenland are nice too. Many places to check out: for a good 'flat white' or espresso try Brunetti's just off Lygon Street; Hercynia Silva on Smith Street for all things wood (www.hercyniasilva.com.au); Rob Mianiscalco's Claude Maus; the Moroccan Soup Bar in Fitzroy; and macadamia nut gelato (forget tim tams).

As a Canadian who get to visit every once in a while, I'm still not there enough. Toronto is just not quite the same ;) Have a great trip.

 

Anonymous Tracy said ... (9:26 PM) : 

I'm so pleased you're here in Australia, and that you're visiting Melbourne and not just Sydney (nice!). I was just thinking last week how great it would be to see your perspective of Australian fashion and am greatly looking forward to seeing your photos.

Thank you for such a wonderful post about your father.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 PM) : 

If you're in Melb - hot spots would have to be Degraves St.. and Camberwell market on Sunday morning - very unique melbourne fashion. Enjoy! and hopefully we will make the snaps.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:41 PM) : 

You will love melbourne fashion - check out degraves st in the city and also camberwell market on Sunday mornings - very unique fashion

 

Blogger felicakes said ... (9:46 PM) : 

I cannot wait to see what you think of Australian fashion.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:50 PM) : 

Fantastic to have you here in Melbourne.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 PM) : 

I can't believe you're in Melbourne, it's been beautiful perfect weather all weekend, and now rain...welcome anyway, hope you find some interesting things/people/sites while you're here

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:56 PM) : 

goodluck scott!.. i just took a peak outside.. and the weather is horrible! enjoy my hometown nevertheless =)

 

Blogger Nhat Vo said ... (10:00 PM) : 

I absolutely adore this blog especially. It's very touching and personal, giving us readers your personality.

My sincere condolences to your father.

Get rest before start doing your work because it has been amazing.

Hope to hear from you soon. Best of luck.

 

Blogger ana said ... (10:05 PM) : 

omgosh!

haha sydney sydney sydney!!

 

Anonymous Maria T said ... (10:13 PM) : 

Hope you are enjoying Melbourne! You are here on a true Melbourne day, warm and windy to a cold and wet day. Looking forward to your snaps of us Melbournites.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 PM) : 

Make sure you head along Gertrude Street in Fitzroy and Flinders Lane and Little Collins St in the city!

Oh, and Cathedral Arcade in the city. And Greville St, Prahan. And Crossley St and Liverpool St in Melbourne.

Shame the weather's so miserable here ... although you'll get to see lots of the black clothing for which Melbourne is famous.

 

Blogger Scoop said ... (10:29 PM) : 

EEEK! Come to Sydney!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 PM) : 

Make sure you get some decent bar recommendations from locals. The bars that everyone knows about are not the ones worth visiting.

Melbourne is all "behind closed doors". You can't just walk off a street into a bar - you have to know whick dank laneway to walk down, and which unmarked door to take.

It isn't a secret, but the rooftop bar at the Supper Club is one of Melbourne's best. 1st Floor, 161 Spring St, Melbourne.

Also try Double Happiness on Liverpool Street (or Golden Mountain upstairs), Longrain on Little Bourke, the quintessentially Melbourne "Meyers Place" on Myers Place (off Bourke Street), Bar Lourinha on Little Collins St, Movida off Flinders Street, Riverland under Federation Square (on the Yarra River) ...

I could go on and on.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:36 PM) : 

CA
When in Sydney be sure to visit Padinghton
Have fun

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:38 PM) : 

You must visit New Zealand while you're on this side of the world! Wellington has so much to offer..

 

Anonymous eleni said ... (10:49 PM) : 

can't wait to see what you capture! and just when i'll be in sydney for the weekend... boo...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 PM) : 

My sincere condolences.

However, welcome to Melbourne! Sorry about the weather...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 PM) : 

It is amazing that you are here in Melbourne - my sister and I were just saying only a week ago how great it would be to have you here. Enjoy, enjoy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:19 PM) : 

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

On a lighter note:

Welcome to my home town Melbourne.

Enjoy the eccentricity of Melbourne.

Embrace the city and what it has to offer.

Explore lane ways and immerse yourself in the diversity of people.

You’ll want more of Melbourne.

And Melbourne would want more of you!

Incognito.

 

Blogger susannajulian said ... (11:26 PM) : 

As a Melbournian I have to say that Ariana's recommendations above are very good ones.

And when the two of you locate "down town" Melbourne I'd love to know where it is !?! I don't get the concept - melbourne's a central grid (ie The City)with outlying suburbs/areas of interest. So where's up and where's down?

 

Anonymous David said ... (11:53 PM) : 

How long are you in Melbourne for? I feel like going out and trying to find you and Garance.

By the way, Melbourne doesn't have a downtown... It does have a CBD though

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:01 AM) : 

Thailand is warmly welcome, if u aren't dare lollllll ;)

 

Anonymous vicky said ... (12:04 AM) : 

i am so over the moon that you are in melbourne!!! i cant wait to see your amazing photographs. hope i get to you in person around the city. my deepest condolences about your father and i am sure he was an incredible and special man.

 

Blogger Mary Grace said ... (12:05 AM) : 

yay! You're back! can't wait to see photos from Australia! Have fun!

 

Blogger Caz O'Neil said ... (12:06 AM) : 

Am so excited that you are finally here in Australia.. cant wait to see your photos from the streets of Sydney - check out our blog!!

http://www.sweatybettypr.com/blog/
xxx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:11 AM) : 

go to brunswick street, melb central, docklands, the footy, good fun!!!

 

Anonymous Miani said ... (12:26 AM) : 

I have just spent my lunch hour frantically walking around Melbourne city trying to work out what would be considered "downtown". I know I am going to kick myself when I see the photos of where you were....

 

Blogger Nick said ... (12:29 AM) : 

Welcome to Australia mate. Enjoy ANZAC Day tomorrow. It's a special day for us Aussies.

I had best remember to step it up, sartorially speaking, when you're in Sydney.

 

Blogger ally said ... (12:49 AM) : 

will you be coming to Sydney?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 AM) : 

Shame on Melbourne not showing you better weather on your first day. Looking forward to seeing your snaps of stylish Melburnians.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:09 AM) : 

Your written tribute to your father is beautiful. Sincere condolences to you and your family.

I love your photos.. Welcome to Oz. And now you've come this far, you've got to go to Perth it's worth the trip... as is NZ.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 AM) : 

well ok
Hi I'm mexican yes!! from México and I really love your blog and this beautiful point of view of life.
Believe it or not you have a lot of fans here in México.

Best!

 

Anonymous JarredBaker said ... (2:04 AM) : 

Your sight is the reason I get through my work day! See you in Sydney!!!

 

Blogger Danyadoi said ... (2:39 AM) : 

So sorry to hear of your Dad's passing.

Welcome to Melbourne I do so hope we put on a good show for you

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 AM) : 

Tokyo awaits you, your camera and your amazing eye!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:52 AM) : 

Come to Japan, especially Kyoto city!!

 

Anonymous mimi said ... (3:09 AM) : 

in case you havent already noticed, melbournians and sydneysiders have a bit of a rivalry!

make sure you lose yourself in the hidden alleyways in the melbourne cbd :)

im guessing you're doing rosemount fashion week in sydney? looking forward to seeing who is stylish enough to be photographed!

(and i second the byron bay suggestion! go before it becomes overly-yuppified.)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:52 AM) : 

In Melbourne.. AMAZING! thank you, thank you, thank you for giving us the honour of having you! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 AM) : 

I walked past you today in the street Melbourne 5.30pm and just couldnt believe you were here. Traffic was hectic and fire trucks racing past. Hope you have a great stay. Check out the Bracks show at the National Gallery and a great show coming up at Sutton Gallery in Brunswick St - Brett Colquhoun

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 AM) : 

Starting work so soon? Do take a break seriously. We completely understand that you may need some time to sort out your thoughts and feelings. Hope you're coping fine.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:52 AM) : 

we're waiting for you in Sydney!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:06 AM) : 

Welcome to Oz! Sorry to hear about your Dad, Hope your doing ok...

We would love to see you in Byron Bay if you had spare minute.

x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:12 AM) : 

Come to Dubai!!! Please come to Dubai!

 

Anonymous maria said ... (5:26 AM) : 

and since you're in au, why not fly to singapore after? :)

my deepest condolences to you and your family. your blog really does make my days less dreary and.. at the very least, it gives me that extra push to dress extra fierce every morning.

 

Blogger Ryan Egan said ... (5:32 AM) : 

I hope the weather isn't too awful for you tomorrow. Pack a brolly! I wish I'd known you were in town earlier, i would have pinned you down for a radio interview... hmm. anyway, have fun!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:12 AM) : 

Dear Scott,

I send you my deepest condolensces for your loss. I envy the closeness between you and your father, I wish I knew what a father figure resembled. You are such a lucky man to have had such a supportive, loving father.

On a lighter note, Thank you for all your inspiring photographs; you make everyone radiate confidence and true beauty in them. I only hope to be as successful as you are one day.

Continue producing great work! (:

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:13 AM) : 

Oh oh oh you're in my hometown and I'm not there! Currently in style-challenged Middle East trying to ride out economic crisis. I miss Melbourne so much, and I miss the style. Get down the back alleys in the city, find the bars, get into Fitzroy and Collingwood, walk in the rain in the Botanical Gardens and have an espresso at Mario's in Brunswick Street for me. I'm very sorry about your father and I hope you recuperate a bit in our beautiful city.

 

Blogger The Rosenrot | Gracia Ventus said ... (6:41 AM) : 

Visit Camberwell Market on Sunday morning. It's an awesome place to start the day with!

 

Anonymous alexis said ... (6:42 AM) : 

I live in Melbourne, and I think the Camberwell Sunday Market is a great place to photograph people. I've seen a fair number of fierce outfits!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 AM) : 

you must visit Movida - this tapas bar on Hosier Lane, just off Flinders Lane. A place that is so quintessentially Melbourne.

For coffee, go to Atomica Coffee on Brunswick St, Fitzroy.

I hope you enjoy your stay, mind the rainy weather though :)

 

Blogger bones said ... (7:50 AM) : 

these are the days i really wished i lived in melbourne again. you are in australia and i am in... brisbane! gah. have a lovely time in australia's most graffitied city!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:58 AM) : 

WELCOME TO AUSTRALIA!!!
Hope it's hot for you :)

 

Blogger JR X said ... (8:10 AM) : 

Oh my - welcome to Australia! I recommend the Vanilla Fudge Bars at Haigh's on Collins Street. Take it from a well travelled local, you'll find no finer delicacy in Oz...

My condolences on your loss. Losing your father is a tragic and sobering moment for a man. I'm very sorry.

 

Anonymous Sarah said ... (8:29 AM) : 

Welcome to Melbourne and Australia!

I hope my city-mates can provide you with some inspiring looks to shoot.
Naturally we've turned on the rain just for your arrival - typical Melbourne ;) Still hope you manage to get out and about style spotting.

There's plenty to discover down our famous alley ways.

Sarah
stylemelbourne.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:32 AM) : 

And then there is Hobart. Australia's best secret city. After Melbs of course!

 

Anonymous fighter said ... (8:50 AM) : 

Welcome to Melbourne!! I love this city, I'm sure you'll find some great people and places to photograph. I look forward to checking updates.

 

Blogger Teaworthy said ... (9:02 AM) : 

I work in a job that has little to do with fashion or art or beautiful things. Mostly, I deal with sad things and I have been so fortunate to have found your blog years ago and frequently visit after a particularly hard day, filled with sad things. Your creative vision is so uplifting for me. I wish I could return the favor and put something inspiring here on a sad day for you. Sending prayers for healing, beautiful and hopeful people, moments and things to you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:35 AM) : 

yay! that's pretty amazing. it's time australia has the lens on this blog!! hope you enjoy the ANZAC parade on swanston tomor!!! xox

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:36 AM) : 

I love your blog and i send greetings from Southeast Asia - Singapore!

Every picture you took of people transcends a different feeling and meaning. I do hope you'd come to asia and show more asian people so that people from this side of the world could get some pointers too. :)

Trixie

 

Blogger unwound floors said ... (9:41 AM) : 

Hope you enjoy Melbourne - we're a friendly bunch here! Looking forward to reading your coverage!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:18 AM) : 

So sorry about your Dad, really.

and i hope some day you can visit Brazil. Yes, you have fans here! I love your stile and brazilians do have sence of stile. we do not live always in bikinis.

my best. FB

 

Blogger listress said ... (11:32 AM) : 

Welcome to Melbourne! Hope you love my hometown as much as I do :)

 

Blogger Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said ... (11:34 AM) : 

Have a wonderful time in Australia! Can't wait to see the pics.

 

Anonymous twentythirtyforty.net said ... (11:35 AM) : 

Scott,
I lost my mom a few weeks ago and I just want you to know how very sorry I am for your loss. As a very wise friend told me, we never really grow up until we lose a parent and who wants to grow up? I'm sure you'll surprise yourself with your own strength and I'm also quite sure that your dad will continue to be your #1 fan. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
Brandon, twentythirtyforty.net

 

Blogger david santos said ... (11:59 AM) : 

Really fantastic space! Great work! Excellent photos and very nice Styles! Congratulations!
Have a nice weekend!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 PM) : 

If you need to dry out after soggy Melbourne, down town Byron Bay is sunny and fine!!!

 

Blogger Tea Lady said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Australia... ooh how exciting. Sydney kids have some pretty funky styles.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

My condolences to you and your family for your loss.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:14 PM) : 

My condolences to you and your family!

Hopefully you will visit Helsinki this summer. I've noticed that you have many Finnish readers and I'm sure they would love to see you here! :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:54 PM) : 

good look we always be here for support you
because of that we are your fans!!!
\m/ >.< \m/

 

Anonymous Semonti said ... (9:55 PM) : 

All the best to your father.

Melbourne! Awesome! Are you going to Chapel Street?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 PM) : 

All the best to your family* and I hope he rests in peace as a proud father.

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (12:04 AM) : 

hey Sart, we're hanging out for your australian photos!! cant wait to see what you find on our shores...when in Sydney hope you get to Newtown (inner city suburb) to shoot some FAB street style!

 

Blogger amelia said ... (12:04 AM) : 

i send my deepest condolences.

you are thoroughly inspiring, and your father must have been incredibly proud of you.

i've been reading your blog since i was a teenager and am always invigorated and educated by it. it developed my love of fashion and photography.

www.theccentric.wordpress.com

if anything, a legacy unintentionally left where you inspire others is something to be proud of.

 

Blogger amelia said ... (12:05 AM) : 

(also, i wish you were heading further north to brisbane. people down south think we're hicks - but we've got fashion stakes)

 

Blogger Florence said ... (12:34 AM) : 

Very sorry to hear of the loss of your father. His style and spirit are clearly living on in you. I hope Melbourne is a helpful distraction for you.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:04 AM) : 

welcome to melbourne!
i hope the weather yesterday didn't deter you! I cannot contain my excitement of you being here! your work is so beautiful. if you have time check out brunswick st, fitzroy. some of the most vibrant personalities are there.

Also, condolences to you and your family and keep capturing the essence of fashion and lifestyle.
Please come again soon!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:11 AM) : 

I'm wondering if you've ever been to Melbourne before, how you might go about finding some nice photos, the scene is hard to find. If you do read this - head to Siglo, Von Hauss, Cellar Bar, Pellagrinos and the laneaway it's adjacent to, and the Supper Club (can all be googled). Oh Yum! Gosh I wish to show you around!!

 

Blogger CocoEnriquez said ... (5:02 AM) : 

Condolences and best wishes to your family

You're coming here to sydney! Aren't you in for a thrill...Go to Newtown and stay away from townhall
truustttt me

once again, wishing ur family the best
Naiya

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 AM) : 

Hi,

SINCE LAST WEEK, AFTER SUNSET, I SAW A NEW SPARKLING STAR SHINING ON THE NIGHT SKY OF THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA.

From Palma de Mallorca, my best regards.

ICC

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 AM) : 

Whoop! Welcome to Melbourne.

 

Blogger joanne said ... (6:58 AM) : 

yay! can't wait to see the pictures
melbournians have some pretty interesting styles

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:10 AM) : 

Have a lovely time in Melbourne and Sydney. I live in the poor cousin city of Brisbane. I wish you were coming here because we do tend to get a bit left behind for our popular southern cousins. Maybe next time...........

 

Anonymous TheSydneyTarts said ... (7:12 AM) : 

A huge welcome from Sydney and especially the Sydney Tarts, a group of watch loving stylish and unstylish folks, but some dedicated Sartorialist fans nonetheless :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:09 AM) : 

melbourne is wonderful!
can't wait to see the photos.
wish i was there.

 

Blogger Pristine said ... (9:16 AM) : 

While you in Sydney, it'd be nice if you would come out west (Parramatta, etc) or north (like Hornsby) and see the suburbs, which to me, is what the real Sydney is. It's not just sand and beaches.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:33 AM) : 

Welcome to the future!

 

Blogger missienelly said ... (11:55 AM) : 

It's time for you to sleep :) so you can produce more beautiful pictures your dad proud of.

 

Blogger pve design said ... (2:24 PM) : 

Enjoy the time away down under,
and the memories of your father.
My sympathies to you.
pve

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:57 PM) : 

This is going to be honest post from myself.

Unfortunately I do not have a relationship with my parents. However my boyfriend is almost as you described of yourself, just like his father in every way.
It's difficult to distinguish every ounce of similarity between them but I can appreciate the respect and love of family being around them. Reading this post today it brought me to tears because I can see how great this bond could of been.

My condolence to your family and I am sorry for your loss.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 PM) : 

im in love with you

 

Anonymous Eli said ... (6:26 PM) : 

So exciting to see your off to Australia! Think you'll find and interesting mix of fashion in Melbourne :) Its my hometown and I miss it dearly. Can't wait to see what you find

 

Anonymous St Kilda Today said ... (6:55 PM) : 

Welcome

 

Anonymous MelbourneToday said ... (11:55 PM) : 

Welcome from Melbourne Today

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:38 AM) : 

omg!!! u're in town!!
and u were on chapel? damn it! i live right on the corner of chapel n toorak!
brunswick is cool...would love to see what u make of it!

 

Anonymous tiana said ... (6:47 AM) : 

Love your work. I don't read everyday but I love what you do, it’s a pity your nor coming to Canberra to see if anything catches your eye besides a bland polyester blue suit! As a woman and unfortunately a public servant the blue polyester suit is my ultimate nightmare I have orders to lock me up if I ever get that lazy to not to bother and become what I call ‘uniform dressing’. Finding something interesting in Melbourne or Sydney is a given I would love to see what you come up with somewhere that has such a stereotype. As not all of fit that bill!

It is the right thing to send condolence and so I will, losing someone you love is devesting, my Nanna died last year and we were very close. To me even at 90 she was still as stylish as ever even as she lay on her death bed she made comment to me “I wish I could have my hair done, I bet it looks awful’. She cut and coloured her hair literally to the end and she always looked smart not eccentric but someone you could say had a certain style who didn’t follow fashion or read vogue but someone who could look effortlessly without trying. For mw your pictures are not about famous designers (maybe they are and I am missing the point) but its about being stylish, interesting, individual anywhere in the world and at any age.
It's so cold here in Canberra my whole wardrobe has changed in the last week, should make for interesting looks.

I look forward to what people are wearing on the streets of Melbourne and Sydney. Love Melbourne btw.

I hope you enjoy your time in Australia, and a wonderful time full of intresting ideas.

Cheers
t xoxo

p.s. Can't wait for your book. Books still do it for me!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:00 PM) : 

Chapel Street is always a must, but visit Degraves Street (off Flinders Street) in the city for amazing laneways and quirky winter style.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:03 AM) : 

I stumbled across your blog before and like it very much. Today I'm sorry to hear this so sad news.
when I see that your dad everyday would read every comment, I feel pity that I did not write it before,cause my English is poor. but today,I must write,to hard.
how I comfort you? I think I no way...I hope it is comforting to you and your family, you have so many people are with you. wishes you be strong, and take care.
Make the person envy the depth of love that your family can have for one another.
your dad was great!
heartfelt regards and condolences from east of far.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

Invite u to come to Kiev, Ukraine. You will love our city for sure.
Vika

 

Anonymous Sophia said ... (9:36 AM) : 

I discovered your blog today, and also discovered that you are now in Australia. I just spent the last hour looking through your shots. Lovely, I must say. Someone who has such an eye for detail is to be admired.

When do you plan to come to Sydney (my hometown)? I'd love to see how you capture our city and it's fashion! I'm sure you'll constantly be in the city. Why not make your way down to Sydney University? I'm a student there and absolutely love looking at all the individual styles that every person has to offer.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:32 PM) : 

it's 9:31 pm in Paris
Good trip(s)!
xxx
Monica

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:25 PM) : 

you're so awesome. great pics! I dare you to come to Finland...

 

Anonymous Antoine - France said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Like father like son...chic runs in the family !

 

Blogger amyw said ... (1:53 PM) : 

This is a little late, but I am so incredibly sorry about your father. My greatest sympathies and condolences. I have no doubt that he was proud of you, because of your amazing career and photography. This blog remains an inspiration for me.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting