This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Couple of Cool, Milano

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, May 15, 2009

On the Street......Couple of Cool, Milano

Comments on "On the Street......Couple of Cool, Milano"

 

Blogger JULES said ... (10:17 AM) : 

what a impeccable dressed couple...very stylish

great shot!

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (10:17 AM) : 

I love everything he is wearing, the shoes are buffed to perfection. The army jacket could be a bit longer than the suit jacket, but then it would have been baggier, and that just would not do. Even though her outfit is mostly black, she plays with the textures and the various weights of fabrics, and that makes for a great outfit. Love the hint of gold (scarf?) on her neck. Jorge from WPB

 

Blogger Z said ... (10:21 AM) : 

I love her look, but I'm not so sure about his army green jacket over that suit....

 

Blogger Lucy said ... (10:25 AM) : 

Very very Milanese!
Lucy =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:25 AM) : 

Fantastic coat!

 

Anonymous Leia said ... (10:25 AM) : 

What a great couple. Love her shoes.

 

Anonymous Grace said ... (10:33 AM) : 

How very Milan!


Love this.

 

Anonymous essa said ... (10:49 AM) : 

this is such a sweet shot of consuelo constigliani and her husband that makes up the marni team.

 

Blogger stylethread said ... (10:50 AM) : 

schnazzy couple. love the black and brown on her, and I want that vest...

~stylethread.com

 

Blogger THE DIVINITUS said ... (10:51 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Alexandra said ... (10:52 AM) : 

Oh my they are too chic!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:53 AM) : 

Not sure about the green army jacket. Maybe in a darker color? BTW, do you ever tell your subjects to go home and change? That's what I would do here.

 

Blogger Heather said ... (10:55 AM) : 

eh, i really don't like when women leave that removable logo tag on their handbags. it always strikes me as low-class.

 

Blogger Glenn said ... (11:00 AM) : 

Love the green jacket

 

Blogger Heather said ... (11:09 AM) : 

i love your work and this site, but i don't understand why you often seem to only publish the comments where people are raving about the outfit. what is wrong with a little criticism to spice things up?

 

Anonymous misshoax said ... (11:17 AM) : 

oh, consuelo!

of course, i adore everything she's wearing, but i think that her shoes and both of their smiles "make" the outfits.

there's nothing as stylish as happiness, especially when it's a happy couple!

 

Blogger DanaDoesDesign said ... (11:51 AM) : 

I love that she's a "grown up" wearing knee socks with a skirt. I love doing this but I haven't quite mastered styling myself around them so I don't look too "co-ed bartender" or "Catholic school girl".

But she looks fantastic and chic—as does he!

 

Anonymous AnonymousJK said ... (12:01 PM) : 

Hey that's Consuela the Marni designer and her hubby... I love that she lives and breathes her designs, really inspires me to buy her clothes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

And so italian!

 

Blogger Paul Walters said ... (12:50 PM) : 

Huh. It's the guy from a while back with the "not even bespokish" suit. Nice to see him again!

 

Blogger moles said ... (1:15 PM) : 

I love how his cuffed pants fall on his shoes.

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (1:23 PM) : 

Nice couple and always beautiful picture! :)

 

Anonymous Amy said ... (1:29 PM) : 

after the rock start boots and these shoes...i need to go shopping.
i agree that a smile is the absolute best fashion accessory!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:14 PM) : 

PERFECT! I love them! A perfectly-dressed couple! this can happen only in Milano :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:38 PM) : 

They look great and really friendly, but is he wearing a denim shirt?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 PM) : 

a dynamic ostrich duo.. oh divinity!

xoxo B & S

 

Blogger SallyO said ... (3:39 PM) : 

The army jacket over the suit is totally bizarre!

 

Blogger pickupfashion said ... (3:58 PM) : 

Even if the rever of his jacket seems to be small enough, even if she is wearing socks with those sandals, even if he put a casual jacket on top of that very formal suit, even if she "hazarded" a brown bag on all that black or even if there might be a chance of a double skirt under that coat.....I always wanted to think that the planet of Mrs Castiglioni was above all chic in an irregular way, and not so perfectly cool.

 

Blogger GWOD said ... (5:56 PM) : 

I think I'll start trying to get my parents to dress like this.

 

Blogger VintageCollector said ... (6:05 PM) : 

I agree w/ Heather. Viva la differance!!

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (6:27 PM) : 

lovely couple.

 

Anonymous livingdeadlinds said ... (7:10 PM) : 

I adore the army green jacket on him, and I absolutely love the brown bag because it ties ever so slightly into her Marni sandals. I'm not too certain if her outfit is all black or a fine blend of extremely dark navy, either way I love it. And indeed I eye either a double skirt, or a very nicely teared design. Marvelous, this couple is magnificent.

 

Blogger Elizabeth said ... (9:05 PM) : 

What a nice couple. I love her bag, very cute. I think this is the first time I've seen a mature woman showing a knee high stocking with skirt... it looks fine! I should try it, I wonder if I can wear them and not look like I forgot to wear the knee high boots!
Gosh you take good photos, I wonder how I can learn that...
Elizabeth.

 

Blogger Carol said ... (9:28 PM) : 

Great italian couple!

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (10:31 PM) : 

They layer well.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:29 AM) : 

Funny to see all of these comments of , "oh what a great/not great couple" when it's THE creative designer of the moment. Is it a biased comment if you know who she is? I would dare of any of these people who have made these comments to say it to the designer of Marni's face that they don't like what her or her husband is wearing. I've seen both of them in person, I'll go as far as to say, what a gorgeous family, so happy to see them smiling: she has such a following it's incredible, esp for a designer who relies on NO advertising and is in a way a bit under the radar. Try telling this to all of the people comfortably making yes or no comments from the comfort of their suburban homes, when she's still in complete ownership (read no LVMH) of a multi-million dollar empire that makes half of the people on this website gets photographed in the first place.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:43 AM) : 

Consuela! Lei e` bellissima! e mi piacciono quelle scarpe... I love how Italian women sport black and brown together. It's hard to make that fly in L.A.

 

Blogger Crimsonite said ... (3:48 AM) : 

I would like to dress and look as young and vibrant as this couple do. The mans broad smile boarders creepy, and kind of reminds me of Tony Blair. :I

 

Anonymous elius Stylist said ... (4:51 AM) : 

very nice!!i love shoes of her!

 

Blogger tiramisuk said ... (6:51 AM) : 

Their smiles are more beautiful in person. (Especially Gianni)
I think Gianni is not photogenic. T..T
Anyway, what a lovely couple!

 

Anonymous Lali said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Cosuelo Castiglioni. Nothing but easy perfection.

 

Blogger This chick's got style said ... (11:12 AM) : 

What I really like about this, is that the woman is a bit older, and still wears those amazing platforms with overknee socks!
The man is a bit too neat for my taste :)

x!
http://thischicksgotstyle.blogspot.com

 

Blogger lipsticklondoner said ... (12:44 PM) : 

those shoes rock on her

 

Blogger soulbitch. said ... (1:02 PM) : 

oo this couple make me happy. Gorgeous boots and amazing smile. and they are look great next to each other!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

He is cool..... Love the parka

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:55 PM) : 

their smiles are beautiful...but nobody has anything to say about how how badly his jacket falls on his belly?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:14 PM) : 

her shoes and knee high socks are perfect. I also love her ever so slightly knobbly knees peeking out - they add a touch of caramel that breaks all the charcoal hemlines and horizontal lines.

 

Blogger Edwin said ... (2:41 PM) : 

I have that same military coat! How odd, I thought it was Canadian issued, but maybe I'm wrong. The sleeve comes to a point as to guard your hand from the heat of a firing gun! Very purposeful for today's sidewalks. Anywho, I have seen previous gentlemen on this site with an army coat over a blazer, and I love it. So I practice it. It's just weird to see your 'thrift' coat on someone in Italy.

 

Blogger Ebba said ... (3:25 PM) : 

The shoes are lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 PM) : 

look this pic... such a stylish and radiant couple!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:52 AM) : 

They're great! Stylish and look so happy. Thanks for sharing

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:25 AM) : 

the first thing(s) that caught my eyes were her shoes and handbag. after that i didn't even bother with anything else i was so mesmerised by how stunning they are. i have to admit i'm wholly jealous.

 

Blogger Shoppers Extraordinaire’s said ... (2:17 PM) : 

they are so cute 2gether

 

Anonymous an said ... (3:59 PM) : 

love her shoes & bag.

 

Blogger Carissa Rose said ... (11:53 PM) : 

WOW, platforms are ubiquitous!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:06 AM) : 

Hmmm love the coat too, isnt it a US M65 army coat though? From late sixties/early seventies? Or does anyone know? Im thinking about rocking that over a suit myself, looks really cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:30 AM) : 

Mr. and Ms. Castiglioni

 

Blogger Alice Saga said ... (7:02 AM) : 

ADORABLE!!

 

Anonymous The Barton Girl said ... (8:06 AM) : 

Oh, yes! Consuelo, Queen of Style! Never can get enough Marni, I must say.

 

Blogger Nikki said ... (8:58 AM) : 

especially SHE!

 

Blogger Un Monito said ... (8:17 PM) : 

This is such a cute couple - They are so unsuspecting and completely in love.

 

Blogger webidentity said ... (7:47 AM) : 

I like men wearing M65s. Classic Army Jacket well combined.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 AM) : 

he`s more a business guy and she is the creative mind...i guess perfect balance, I love Consuelo an her accessories!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Nice but boring...italian style is so bon ton, all griffed, no personal touch no risk...boring. I'm Italian and I lived in Milan same years.

 

Blogger machabeez said ... (11:22 PM) : 

nice...again. I rmember d dude

 

Blogger Little_Muffin said ... (11:57 AM) : 

I wish my parents looked like this

 

Blogger TravelStar said ... (9:39 PM) : 

What a great photo...they look professional yet really comfortable in their style. I think that's the key to smart business looks - look great without looking like you spent forever pondering what to wear.

http//:travelstarstidbits.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous bohovictim said ... (6:21 AM) : 

For me amazing. They look georgeous:) I love her boots and bag.

 

Anonymous IrishEye said ... (9:04 AM) : 

Thinking about the dress character of the gentleman in this photograph, this is a splendid combination. An M65 jacket goes well with pretty much anything, combining rugged, rough and ready, with the refined look.

A great photograph.

 

Blogger DENNI said ... (1:00 AM) : 

fashion&love. perfect match. like it!

kiss

thechicmuse.blogspot.com
thechicmuse.blogspot.com
thechicmuse.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:53 AM) : 

Seriously chic! Milano touch. The blue shirt, dark tie, cuffed pants and the dramatically awesome shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:03 AM) : 

hee hee...The M65 strikes again...if I'm correct this is the second time I've seen it here on the Sartorialist. I should try mine over a tan suit sometime...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 PM) : 

I love the mix of styles that this couple has created, but I believe that the best attributes in this photo are their smiles, that in despite of the cold and foggy weather, they give warmth in the picture.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting