This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Duotone, Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

On the Street......Duotone, Milan

Comments on "On the Street......Duotone, Milan"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 AM) : 

I love yellow!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 AM) : 

I feel like I've seen this look several times already. Not just on Giovanna but someone else as well.....

 

Blogger Oh Dear Charlotte said ... (9:33 AM) : 

wowwww i love this. colour blocking is back in such a big way!!

 

Blogger hannah-rose said ... (9:34 AM) : 

YES! that yellow has brightened up my day.

 

Anonymous philomene said ... (9:37 AM) : 

First comment on this site, first comment on this beautiful picture! She dares to wear yellow, and she's soooo right!

 

Blogger styles p said ... (9:37 AM) : 

loooove this! perfect shade of yellow, love the simplicity of it all

 

Anonymous Ariane said ... (9:39 AM) : 

I need a pair of yellow pants just like that!!! she looks great!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:39 AM) : 

Loving the boldness! The texture and color of those Trousers are AMAZING!!

 

Blogger James Jean said ... (9:41 AM) : 

Good god, this is just beautiful. I'm a huge fan of mismatching but I love how these 2 different yellows are in sync and just pop. Sart, I'm hating your guts more and more daily (in a good way of course).

As you can see from my pic to your right, I like a little yellow myself :).

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

I feel like I have seen her before, but with a navy blazer instead of black? Beautiful shades of yellow!

 

Blogger Erik Hoff said ... (9:47 AM) : 

The material that those pants are made of looks very interesting.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:49 AM) : 

perhaps its an early morning shot and she is dressed for the coolness of the morning while waiting for the warmth of the afternoon...regardless the scarf and shoes work great to pull her look together

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (9:51 AM) : 

I love the yellow scarf, it's just pure energy!!!!!!!

 

Blogger Sohfian said ... (9:56 AM) : 

Very stunning for such a daring color combi. I guess it has to match with her personality since she is feeling confident wearing it.

 

Blogger ana said ... (10:00 AM) : 

Great Outfit!
those yellow pants are gorgeous!!!

 

Anonymous Sarah said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Mmmm!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:07 AM) : 

i love this. probably mostly because i've just entered a yellow phase for the first time in over ten years.i just can't get enough of the colour. i like the way muted versions of the colours of her outfit are repeated in the background. who made those beautiful trousers she's wearing?

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:15 AM) : 

Cool colours!

 

Blogger Ljubica said ... (10:16 AM) : 

great pants!

 

Blogger indigo warrior said ... (10:27 AM) : 

Oh Sart, why don't you get the fiber content of people's clothes? It kind of looks like silk, almost silk shantung, but then it kind of looks like seersucker (perish the thought!). Very nice look, great photo as usual.

 

Blogger NaT said ... (10:32 AM) : 

She looks simple, chic and happy! Beautiful yellow, fantastic pants! But the shoes... I don´t like it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:34 AM) : 

she has a very italian face. not kidding!
STUNNING!

 

Blogger B said ... (10:41 AM) : 

I liked yellow pants. Is that still cold in Milano ?

 

Anonymous sanmiguelense said ... (10:43 AM) : 

The yellow is cool enough but what really interests me is the cut of the trousers and the line in general. I love the jacket, trousers and simple, chic sandals.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:45 AM) : 

I'm glad she didn't choose to wear a belt; I think that would have cut the effect of the color blocking. Here's where the dark shoes do make the outfit more effective. I wonder how she ever found a scarf in a shade close enough to achieve this look - not easy, I would think. But man! You have to be thin enough to wear pants in a color as bold as this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:51 AM) : 

yep - the trousers fabric looks like you can mold it and it will hold the shape!

 

Anonymous Carol said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Yellow is such a vibrant colour, I love it!

 

Blogger doingtheunstuck said ... (11:12 AM) : 

YEAH! My most favorite color in the world!! Adding a bold piece in yellow always brightens my day—especially when it's horribly dreary outside!

And you ALWAYS get noticed in yellow.

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (11:31 AM) : 

This is so sharp. I love the yellow on her and the black makes it appear even more brilliant.

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Petulia said ... (12:07 PM) : 

bellissima..i colori dell'estate!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:10 PM) : 

I love the color of her pants, but I don't love that women now wear, and have for quite some time, their pants hanging off their hips, like men. What happened to a woman's waist and everything that can be sexy about it????

 

Anonymous Georgia said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Love the yellow, she looks great :D

Propsforbella.blogspot.com

 

Blogger L said ... (1:07 PM) : 

That's so nice :)

 

Anonymous Lou said ... (1:10 PM) : 

Is it just me? The pants don't seem to fit properly. Regardless, a beautiful springtime look.

 

Blogger C A said ... (1:26 PM) : 

The colors combine very well, I loved it

 

Anonymous kt said ... (1:33 PM) : 

She looks fantastic! The pants are awesome, the scarf a nice touch and the hint of white keeps her from looking like a bumble bee!

 

Blogger haute said ... (1:34 PM) : 

too matchy contrived

 

Blogger Elaine said ... (1:44 PM) : 

I am loving the yellow. What kind of fabric is her pants?

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

 

Blogger chula said ... (2:03 PM) : 

In Spain, people doesn't like to wear yellow clothes for superstition... with this photo many will cahnge their mind.. !viva el amarillo!

www.chula.es

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (2:17 PM) : 

I've always worked in a jeans and t-shirt, creative type environment but soon I'll be working where a jacket is perhaps required. Until I saw this look I wasn't excited at all about trying a new profession; now I am. Shallow? It makes me want to show up for work. I heard/read 90% of success is showing up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:12 PM) : 

that's some kind of yellow. bold move. good for her.

this isn't Giovanna right?...someone earlier thought it was...?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:19 PM) : 

is this the lovely giovanna in hiding? or are these just her pants? (02 dec 08).

LOVE these pants! so versatile!

 

Blogger justbecausefashion said ... (3:33 PM) : 

what to say?? just the way she moves and wears so amazing trousers, i love her, perfect outfit, as simple as perfec...
xxx,
G&L

 

Blogger Rachel @ The Haute Notes said ... (3:59 PM) : 

I am in love with the yellow! It really is an amazing color. The whole look is fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 PM) : 

Really love this style!So chic and hip!From a fan from Amsterdam.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 PM) : 

First px was taken of Gionvanna when these pants hit the runway at Marni...... she looked fabulous as always.

These are the same pants worn differently but just as fabulous.... it's all in the imagination of the individual wearing the item. Both women demonstrate an individual sense of style with the same color. Both look(ed) fabulous.

 

Anonymous Louboutin Lover said ... (8:52 PM) : 

I think I must have caused confusion, I never thought that this was Giovanna...I was referring to the yellow pants look being seen on Giovanna and the woman in this picture before.

It's not a look that a busty woman can wear but I think this looks works on her because she has that androgynous look that can carry it off!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 PM) : 

I think you could wear this look if you were busty but have a longish torso and a somewhat defined waist.

Am I the only one who can't see her shoes? For me the image is cropped at the hem of her front leg.

 

Blogger Marvin said ... (10:37 PM) : 

OK! That is too fabulous!

 

Blogger Michelle Schraudner said ... (11:32 PM) : 

I might have to rethink the yellow pants I own but never wear. This is adorable.

 

Blogger DENNI said ... (12:56 AM) : 

that s why i love fashion in street.

kiss

thechicmuse.blogspot.com
thechicmuse.blogspot.com
thechicmuse.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Connie said ... (6:08 AM) : 

Love this look.

 

Blogger Bahrain Fashion said ... (9:34 AM) : 

Loving the scarf. Pants are fab too! and matches the the wall besides her. Thank you, Sartorialist, for this wonderful, very addicting blog XD

XX

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (1:32 PM) : 

Happy color! I'm looking for bright pants for the summer this year. Any suggestions on where to look in L.A.?

I do was she's done. I love creating an outfit from pieces. I've never liked wearing actual suits -- matching sets -- as much.

 

Anonymous gina* said ... (1:36 PM) : 

simply fantastic :)

 

Anonymous gina*** said ... (1:39 PM) : 

(maybe you should come to Greece sometime and photoshoot :D )

 

Blogger Matthew Spade said ... (3:30 PM) : 

yellow in colour!brilliant.

www.buckets-and-spades.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:45 PM) : 

It's not that we're tired of people in brightly-colored trousers, but...well, frankly, I could walk to Brooks Brothers right now and be a shoo-in for this blog.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 AM) : 

Es Viviana Volpicella :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 AM) : 

love the fabric, fit and color of the pant. are they marni? she looks fantastic. would have put a different scarf with it (one that didn't match) but she made me rethink that. looks fabulous.

 

Blogger Rebecca Shapey said ... (10:32 AM) : 

What a perfect shade and hue of yellow! Are those pants silk? They look stunning

 

Blogger Voice of a Wild Child said ... (2:37 PM) : 

Perefct match!

 

Blogger noelakadjtambour said ... (5:04 PM) : 

yellow and black is the new black

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:37 PM) : 

For a split second this lovely lady reminded me of Carine Roitfeld.. the hair, bone structure, mannerisms, demeanor.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:14 PM) : 

I think you posted this woman wearing these pants before but I believe outside at the Paris fashion shows.

If not her, it was someone else but I remember leaving a comment stating that this is Marni and I have the skirt version of it.

Pretty sure it was her. Anyway, still looks lovely.

 

Anonymous Cupcake Stand said ... (12:15 AM) : 

love love love love. magic

http://cupcakestand.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:31 AM) : 

Beautiful colour combination!!!

 

Blogger Forest City Fashionista said ... (9:26 PM) : 

I love the bold colour here, but I agree with Lou, there is something about the fit of the pants that's not right

www.forestcityfashionista.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 AM) : 

too cool for school ... love it!!!

 

Anonymous Cecylia said ... (7:04 AM) : 

What a head-turner yellow is!

 

Blogger Kenyatte said ... (4:26 PM) : 

If bumble bees had fashion sense they would dress like this. A great look indeed!

Make it an Outstanding Day!

- Kenyatte
www.tweedandvelvet.com

 

Anonymous Made to Measure Suits said ... (8:43 AM) : 

The yellow is brilliant, makes the picture great

 

Blogger Krysta Marie said ... (9:44 PM) : 

these pants are stunning. + the scarf just makes it better. <3

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:29 PM) : 

I love Yellow, one of m Fav colors!!
Yay for this post!

 

Blogger ashley said ... (5:27 PM) : 

this woman is my style icon

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:02 PM) : 

I love the outfit... however...the pants are already 'claimed' by Giovanna, at least in this blog...;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:54 PM) : 

I LOVE IT. She looks absolutely wonderful! The pants and scarf are beautiful. And my favorite shade of yellow,too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:42 AM) : 

hmm, the pants look familiar...is she Giovanna Battaglia?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:09 AM) : 

love the colour

 

Anonymous le 21ème said ... (5:37 PM) : 

What a great outfit! I LOVE it!

- le 21ème

 

Blogger Some cool things said ... (1:30 AM) : 

absolutely perfect!
I recently made a "shout out" to the blazer trend and used this photo to exemplify how they just make the outfit! check it out :)

www.somecoolthingss.blogspot.com/2009/06/it-was-such-good-run.html

 

Blogger T. said ... (10:55 AM) : 

THAT'S yellow

 

Blogger Katherine said ... (12:22 AM) : 

super chic! looks effortless & amazing!

 

Anonymous sarahn said ... (4:20 PM) : 

I love black and yellow together, but it's so hard to not look like a bumblebee. This is terrific.

 

Blogger Lydia said ... (6:25 PM) : 

i love color blocking. i love the outfit. and i want those pants.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

oh wow,would never think this would work but it does

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting