This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Stripes & Squares, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Friday, June 19, 2009

On the Street......Stripes & Squares, Florence

Comments on "On the Street......Stripes & Squares, Florence"

 

Anonymous roonaldo said ... (8:39 AM) : 

one of the best, love the colour and composition.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:45 AM) : 

Let us follow him to the source of all the real activities~!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

If only the sock colours didn't remind me of the ball room at Ikea, this would be perfect! :)

 

Blogger lkjlkj said ... (9:02 AM) : 

The socks, I do not like. Everything else is great.

 

Blogger Jamie Jonathan Ball said ... (9:13 AM) : 

shocking socks

 

Anonymous JK said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Never mind the stripes and squares. This is all about the bag

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:27 AM) : 

i love the rolled jeans!! bravissimo scott!

 

Blogger Kwil said ... (9:38 AM) : 

This look makes me smile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:43 AM) : 

Love and want those jeans. I can't stand denim that cuts off my circulation.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:48 AM) : 

Love how his shirt balloons out, wonderful narrow waist, would like to see his face (or at least the back of his head). Nice shading, and how he jumps out on the page (the background being subdued). Like how his bag is bunched up, and the black handle of his bag is around his wrist, mimicking his watch band. Just noticed the papers in his back pocket - so he is also red, white and blue!

 

Blogger Jazzbuff630 said ... (9:49 AM) : 

Very '50's.

I wish I could find some jeans that fit like that.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:16 AM) : 

details. wow.

 

Blogger diane said ... (10:20 AM) : 

I was like "Ooo la la!" until I got to the socks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:22 AM) : 

It is all about the socks !!

 

Blogger Darla: Retro Ways said ... (11:16 AM) : 

love the colors, gorgeous photo! ♥

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 AM) : 

His glimpsing socks are the charming point!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:37 AM) : 

My my, this is such great use of "flag" colors and motifs! Long live flag adaptors! Angela from Santa Barbara

 

Blogger norawoah said ... (11:54 AM) : 

oh man- my favorite color combo- Red White and Blue!

love that he is having fun with color!

 

Anonymous Well Done said ... (12:03 PM) : 

yes, yes, yes

 

Blogger ana said ... (12:16 PM) : 

oh oh I love the socks!!! and his bag :)

 

Blogger julia said ... (12:29 PM) : 

its oh-so-cute. the socks add just a touch of whimsy!

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (12:57 PM) : 

Love the bold colors! The socks add humor to the outfit (in a good way).

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:01 PM) : 

Ahh... boyfriend jeans :)

 

Blogger BuenoStyle said ... (1:12 PM) : 

I love how it looks like something out of another era. Then you see the socks and you know it's got to be modern.

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (1:42 PM) : 

A headless man. Was the head THAT bad?

I'll always wonder...

 

Anonymous Denny said ... (1:56 PM) : 

i really like his bag and the classic watch!

 

Blogger Siru said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Hilarious socks!

juliet xxx

 

Blogger Maria Confer said ... (2:37 PM) : 

Such vivid colors. Love the cuffed jeans and shirt sleeves, so 50's.

 

Blogger Fannah said ... (3:51 PM) : 

Genio.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:54 PM) : 

this shot is one of the special ones...

fantastic

 

Anonymous greendress said ... (3:57 PM) : 

fantastic sense of playing with colors. probably has a great sense of humor to match that style.

 

Anonymous greendress said ... (3:59 PM) : 

no way: love the socks. without the socks he would look like any other trend follower with that shirt. the socks are what elevate this look to being truly stylish.

10/10

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (4:37 PM) : 

i love bold colours

but sometimes I think the person has tried too hard, or looks like they are trying to say "hey, I'm a real kook, just look at my kerrrazy colourful clothes".

 

Anonymous Bombshell Kitten said ... (5:22 PM) : 

Very interesting! So many vivid colors, fabulous.

 

Blogger The Fashionstar said ... (5:44 PM) : 

I don't know what's turning me off but I'm really having a strong reaction to that shirt. I don't know if it's the bright red or those bold blue squares but I'm not liking it. Perhaps if it was just a stripe or the if the squares were thinner, I'd like it better.

 

Blogger MM said ... (5:03 AM) : 

I would love this even more if it was on a women.
same exact pieces on a woman.

when it was loading , I hoped he wasn't a man haha.

Fashion-Intervention

 

Blogger Bayley. said ... (6:29 AM) : 

Love the bright colours! If I could, I would steal his shirt!

www.notavailablesorry.blogspot.com

 

Blogger seanjonesfoto said ... (9:27 AM) : 

great capture! i'm definitely a fan of the rolled jeans... excellent photo, as usual... ~peace

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:34 AM) : 

The fit in the jeans is a bit off, and a size down in the shirt might have helped.

 

Blogger Forest City Fashionista said ... (10:11 AM) : 

I love to see men who are not afraid of bold colours--you have to have a certain confidence to pull off that much colour and not look like a circus clown. Wish we could have seen his face!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:25 PM) : 

I must say when I rolled down the page and saw the colorful striped socks it just put a smile on my face!
This unexpected details are trully what make an outfit your own.

http://talitasbubble.blogspot.com/ --> my brand new blog :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 PM) : 

sorry john christopher - how exactly is the fit of the jeans off? i think the fit of both pieces is perfect.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (10:17 AM) : 

Nice shot. I like the colours!

 

Blogger kalivas said ... (10:20 AM) : 

my lovely style, style bitween humor, unicum and fashion!

 

Blogger erin nuts said ... (12:27 PM) : 

haha he looks like he's totally comfortable with his inner child. I wanna chill with this guy. love it

 

Anonymous the swede said ... (4:35 PM) : 

I do not like the fit of his jeans, not flatering at all! Otherwise a playfull outfit...

 

Blogger Ruhvana and Flanelli said ... (1:23 AM) : 

I'm so into notice me - socks (and stockings). The can just make a boring black clothes look like a suprice!

Ruhvana

 

Anonymous WendyB said ... (1:37 AM) : 

I want to befriend anyone who wears socks like that!

 

Blogger Anabel said ... (4:06 AM) : 

Este hombre me resulta muy familiar. Esos calcetines multicolor y esa manera de modelas las mangas de la camisa y los bajos de los pantalones! Aseguro que su forma de caminar quita el hipo! Me encanta, aunque considero que los calcetines destacan de forma estridente en el conjunto. Genial sin los calcetines.

 

Anonymous Designer Clothing said ... (6:34 AM) : 

oh dear...the socks

 

Blogger Delia said ... (7:06 AM) : 

the jeans would've looked better a little tighter...uhum. :)
he looks like a cool painter :P ...or something :))

 

Anonymous kyle said ... (4:12 PM) : 

those jeans are so good!

 

Anonymous JULIA said ... (4:12 AM) : 

I really like your pictures! :P

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:16 AM) : 

These socks must be from Lithuania - it is flag of Lithuania :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:38 AM) : 

It's his stance! It is like a Michelangelo figure, especially that hand!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

Like a hipster Bruce Springsteen

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (6:56 AM) : 

I'm really interested to know why you decided to cut his head off! There's definitely a reason why you thought that his head would spoil the picture or detract from the sweeping movement of his body as he passes by. I have decided that his head is totally shaved, but it amuses me to picture various hairstyles and colours on him. Be nice to know the facts, though.....

 

Blogger Debbie D said ... (10:21 PM) : 

Fabulous shirt! I WANT that shirt.

 

Blogger eloise in berlin said ... (6:27 PM) : 

Oh this makes me soooooo happy! What a rocking combination. How chic, thank you for finding this man.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:55 PM) : 

doesn't get better than this!

 

Blogger DuQuan St. James said ... (10:56 AM) : 

Not feeling the socks at all. But that shirt-denim combo is classic.

__________________
RecentUgliness.blospot.com
Where ugliness comes to die.

 

Blogger caroline said ... (11:59 AM) : 

Oh Yeah!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:09 PM) : 

pretty creative huh?

 

Blogger Mark Evans said ... (9:37 AM) : 

Monty Python's lumberjack song sprang to mind as soon as I saw this.
Great sense of humour carried over to the bag which looks seriously utalitarian, but is bright red.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting