This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.... Shorts Summer, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

On the Street.... Shorts Summer, Florence

Comments on "On the Street.... Shorts Summer, Florence"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:40 AM) : 

awesome, the helmet is tops TOPS.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:42 AM) : 

Oh! That's amazing!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:44 AM) : 

Very interesting look, though I think its more of a statement than a wearable outfit. The double-breasted jacket makes the whole look a little top-heavy for my liking, but the overall palette is nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:46 AM) : 

great jacket...love the hair.

 

Blogger Bahrain Fashion said ... (9:48 AM) : 

I'm loving the sunglasses...

Tres Chic.

And I love the shorts, too!!

XX

 

Blogger kübra gümüsay (geb. yücel) said ... (9:52 AM) : 

I think it'll take a looong time until I get used to these short men-shorts. Ugh.

 

Anonymous Elaine said ... (9:52 AM) : 

His color coordinated outfit is great! He has nice legs. Is it his hair that makes me think of Michael Jackson?

 

Blogger James Jean said ... (9:54 AM) : 

That blazer is great, has a bit of a 60's mod feel and that bowtie is fabulous but either he hikes the sleeve up on the shirt or lengthen the blazer sleeves. Awesome look nonetheless.....

 

Anonymous Lisette said ... (9:55 AM) : 

Quirky! Although I'm not quite convinced by the style of the shoes...

 

Blogger I'm a mean street kid. said ... (9:55 AM) : 

haha so cute

 

Blogger The Minimalist said ... (9:57 AM) : 

he looks awesome

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:58 AM) : 

Wow! It's been a while since I've seen an outfit that has captured me immediately like this one does. The blue-brown coulour scheme is unusual but brilliantly executed. The Italian sence of sprezzatura completes an already perfect outfit. Again: wow.
I.A. from http://blogspot.com/style4guys

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:58 AM) : 

I want to be more open-minded, but the bow tie just puts this over the top for me.

 

Blogger Roman Dennis said ... (9:59 AM) : 

that jacket is amazing but he doesnt really do those shorts justice maybe if they were an inch or two longer he would

www.fashionwhatsnext.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:02 AM) : 

Mmmm... Well... At least, this one did not shave his legs!

 

Blogger Mod Paul said ... (10:07 AM) : 

Wow how did he get his hair looking so good just after taking his helmet off? I need to find a water fountain for a quick rinsie... HaHa Great shot Scott.
P.S. Helmet laws kind of stink!

 

Anonymous DAD said ... (10:09 AM) : 

Hee looks great and all but it's a little on the cartoon character side. It just isn't a very practical summer look.

I mean, if it's hot enough outside to wear those shorts, that DB jacket and the shirt + bowtie just make me sweat thinking about them. this could have worked without the jacket, sleeves neatly rolled or without the bowtie + a linen jacket

 

Blogger Pearl Westwood said ... (10:15 AM) : 

So casual-dapper, Im not usually a fan of bowties but he looks ace x
http://fashionpearlsofwisdom.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger isac. said ... (10:18 AM) : 

fantastic! the pose and his stance are amazing too

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:20 AM) : 

I think the bow tie is a little too much. For me, either he gets rid of the bow tie or gets slightly longer shorts.

 

Blogger The Khaki Crusader said ... (10:23 AM) : 

amateurs need not apply...this guy is a professional. the fact he wore that while riding a scooter in just makes it all the more fantastic.

 

Blogger Hayley said ... (10:24 AM) : 

he looks very cool. love the shorts!

 

Blogger tfy said ... (10:24 AM) : 

COOL !
Love his hair

 

Blogger Jamie Jonathan Ball said ... (10:32 AM) : 

this looks unreal, i could never pull it off..especially in england

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:33 AM) : 

That is one of the coolest things I've ever seen in my life.

Passport Foodie

 

Blogger Tika said ... (10:34 AM) : 

I love the blazer he's wearing. it's bold, edgy, but still classy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 AM) : 

That guy, that style !!!

 

Anonymous Clements and Church said ... (10:45 AM) : 

He may be the only person in the world to get away with this. Great colour scheme. Although technically speaking, the jacket is terrible.

 

Blogger nycrun said ... (10:46 AM) : 

i know a guy around the city that wears these
http://nycrunfashion.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:55 AM) : 

Dapper!!

 

Blogger Karen said ... (11:39 AM) : 

completely eye catching and a statement look! men just don't dress like that here in the states.

 

Anonymous The Stylist said ... (11:46 AM) : 

I'm in love!...with his outfit that is.

 

Anonymous Tito Jong said ... (11:54 AM) : 

the look i'm trying to go for. the jacket, tie, shirt, sunglasses, shorts, and loafers...UGH FOR AMAZING!

 

Anonymous Emma Howard said ... (11:57 AM) : 

Black shadow on ground,helmet,buttons:add an air of grown-up.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:02 PM) : 

I love the colours but honestly I'm really not a fan of shorts. Call me old fashioned but shorts are for little boys. When you grow up you should act and dress like a man. Wear shorts on the weekend or at home, I sure do, but as part of a suit? I don't think it's fashion forward I think it's fashion regressive. Let's grow up here.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

Pee Wee Herman comes to mind. . .I love that he seems so fearless and invincible in this outfit--very cute

 

Blogger Emily Clancy LoPorto said ... (12:04 PM) : 

there is something funny about the hem of the shorts...they remind me of when my mom would make my long pants into shorts as a kid. The hem would always be a little too narrow. The jacket cuffs need like a 1/4 inch more.

I LERV this outfit though, and he wears it so well. I love the shirt collar. Also, he is one of the few men who can wear short shorts with those hairy legs and make it look good!

Green For Green Blog
Ribollita Reboiled

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (12:05 PM) : 

Nice shot!!!!

 

Blogger Charles said ... (12:10 PM) : 

I agree with anon at 9:44 in that this is "more of a statement than a wearable outfit." His color choices are great and I quite enjoy the peak lapels/bow tie combination, but I can not get over the length of the shorts stripping much of the masculinity from his look.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:15 PM) : 

A shame that this outfit feels disjointed or disproportional because everything else, especially the color palette, is perfection.

 

Blogger Nat said ... (12:15 PM) : 

extraordinary, that is good!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

Love this! Its quite the interesting take on the classic super preppy look!

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (12:18 PM) : 

I love the jacket and nice picture!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:19 PM) : 

the bow tie doesn't look spontaneous to me.

 

Blogger Tom said ... (12:25 PM) : 

Very smart summer look. I love it!

 

Blogger Allen - East Hampton said ... (12:29 PM) : 

Egad! You can't make this stuff up.

 

Anonymous orientexpress said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Great jacket!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Love the outfit and the hair. I have to say I don't think he has the most beautiful legs but who am I to judge. On the other hand my legs are similar but I never wear shorts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:50 PM) : 

This is STYLE to the max~!
It is how own~!
It is just so fine~!

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (12:52 PM) : 

It makes me wish for Florence...If only I see this look in Okla.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:56 PM) : 

love love love
This is awesome! I especially love the colors. Personally, I think the bowtie is PERFECT.

 

Blogger LIGHTHEADED STREET SALON said ... (1:02 PM) : 

i love this. but maybe more so if he opened the jacket ...

helmet is ace. i alternate between an all-black downhill ski one and an equestrian helmet myself.

 

Anonymous Esmoquin room said ... (1:12 PM) : 

GREAT!

I think I prefer it with long trousers, but I love the colors, the clothes... It's really great.

Best!
Jose

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Wowza. Just wowza!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 PM) : 

First of all the look is AWESOME !

But dude if you know you're gonna or wanna wear this outfit buy the right shoes.

 

Blogger green lantern said ... (1:27 PM) : 

it is great that youth corrects all/most things. he can wear a unique jacket and attack with that item while other issues are suspect. shorts are too short, jacket sleeves too short, shirt sleeves too long. but, he still looks "intersting"

 

Blogger nickythekid said ... (1:47 PM) : 

i like.

 

Blogger Néstor said ... (1:51 PM) : 

JAJAJA AJAjajajajaaja!!! amazin´-

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:21 PM) : 

i agree with some of the others, the colors are fab, the outfit is top-heavy, the shorts are too tight and short to work with the jacket and on my own here...what happened with the shoes? oxfords, bucks or loafers and please with such an intentional getup have the helmet be as serious or starkly contrast.

i admire the effort.

 

Blogger american dream said ... (2:21 PM) : 

stripes stripes
and shorts!
love guys with swimming shorts in the city!

 

Blogger Mcmaris said ... (2:23 PM) : 

Only someone from Firenze can make this look so casually cool! Love the colors

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:28 PM) : 

Incredible! This is just too astounding! He nailed it! I am practically speechless right now due to this guys amazing ensemble! I love the length of the shorts and the fact he is wearing boat shoes...sock-less! He has the dark blazer to match and then the lighter color blue for the shirt and then the burgundy bow tie! He adds the extra cool twist with his aviators! AMAZING!
check out my trendy blog!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (2:29 PM) : 

...my future husband?

 

Blogger Miiicha said ... (2:32 PM) : 

amazing<3

 

Blogger Zay said ... (2:44 PM) : 

What are those shoes? because I have to have them!.. Seriously.. please share if anyone knows: info@blackcloudeffect.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:49 PM) : 

Love the colors, but I'm not a big fan of bow ties. Although I'm not sure if the look would work with out it either.

 

Blogger Ruhvana and Flanelli said ... (3:15 PM) : 

Again stripes man. Are you obsessed. if you are, I like your obsession.

I like the mans stiff pose.

Ruhvana

 

Blogger Moucheamode said ... (3:26 PM) : 

Funny outfit ^^

 

Anonymous Sophie, the Barton Girl said ... (3:41 PM) : 

Hell, that guy's brave! Wearing a long-sleeved shirt, bow-tie and dark jacket in the Florentine summer heat must be akin to torture.
And how on earth does he manage to fit that big hair of his into that tiny helmet?

 

Blogger Phoebe Rose said ... (3:41 PM) : 

I love guys in striped blazers!

http://flowergirlfashon.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Tasha said ... (3:52 PM) : 

I love the bow tie and the stripes :) that burgundy/maroon colour is also one of my favourites

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:53 PM) : 

Perfect combination colors!

 

Anonymous Alex said ... (3:58 PM) : 

I have been sure about jackets/ties with shorts, it always seems quite school boy. But this looks fantastic, he really pulls this look off! Lovely jacket and tie choice!

www.alexandermilnes.com

 

Anonymous Ian L said ... (4:06 PM) : 

Impeccable Italian tailoring. With helmet in hand, I'm guessing he rides a Vespa. Imagine that outfit on a Vespa, so chic!

 

Anonymous Dawne said ... (4:07 PM) : 

I love stripes, bricks, his panache and this photo.

 

Anonymous snoblak said ... (4:18 PM) : 

i love boys in shorts!!!

http://snoblak.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Beha said ... (4:33 PM) : 

Absolutely lovely.

The bowtie may be too much? Even though it's going very well with the rest colour-wise, it still seems a bit out of place.

 

Blogger Monster Blond said ... (5:05 PM) : 

CUTE

 

Blogger UESman said ... (5:10 PM) : 

Um, hell yes.

I love how he didn't button the inner button of his DB jacket. Thats something which you don't see too much anymore and I think its a nice throwback.

This is a really great idea, but I think if I were wearing this look, I'd pick a jacket and shorts combo which had more color contrast.

....really cool

 

Blogger Lénou said ... (5:21 PM) : 

J'ADORE !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:45 PM) : 

He needs longer pants, at least ankle length, and dressier shoes. I think the colors and accessories are great; the jacket cut is fab, along with the big hair and the aviator sunglasses. Great!!

 

Blogger Spontin said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Splendid! Best pic of this blog, to me.
The real modern dandy, one cannot not to see him but this is classy. And the man is truly sexy which helps to be so good looking.

 

Blogger Karoline said ... (6:05 PM) : 

Beautiful!

 

Blogger Magdalena said ... (6:49 PM) : 

Sexy...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 PM) : 

You may call me conservative but I still find hard to understand how a grown up man can wear shorts.

I allow myself wearing it only in two occasions: while practising sports or at the beach.

 

Anonymous Allie said ... (7:09 PM) : 

Oh wow j'adore his blazer.

 

Blogger WETMOJO - Shirts said ... (7:37 PM) : 

nice jacket and it is good to show the cuff 's part out.

 

Blogger Ashley said ... (8:46 PM) : 

What a dapper, quirky look! So cute on him.

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

 

Blogger m a u said ... (8:55 PM) : 

he's the best!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 PM) : 

He looks like Prince!high hair...perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:21 PM) : 

I dig everything... EXCEPT for the shorts.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:49 AM) : 

The pictures was loading... I loved the clothes he was wearing, but when I looked the short... my god rsrs I was surprised! but cool!

See my blog!

blogdoluarencantado.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:05 AM) : 

The proportions are a bit odd. The cut of the double-breasted jacket flares out and with the too short shorts it's not all that flattering.

But the bow tie, glasses, and attitude are stunning.

 

Anonymous Dustyflint said ... (3:31 AM) : 

Well, kudos for courage but I honestly think he looks just silly.

 

Blogger ROB said ... (3:43 AM) : 

WOW! This makes me want to move to Paris STRAIGHTAWAY!

 

Blogger Feminine Touch said ... (4:08 AM) : 

Cool people in Firenze!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 AM) : 

Proportion?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 AM) : 

Looks really SILLY. If it is warm enough to wear short shorts, then the long sleeved shirt, blazer, and bow tie are completely out of place. All the elements are great separatedly, but together... trying too hard, and it shows.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:42 AM) : 

The shorts are too short....I left this comment yesterday and it did not get printed????????

 

Blogger Ali Jane said ... (7:50 AM) : 

This. Looks. Ridiculous. The end. (good hair though)

 

Blogger Mila García said ... (8:08 AM) : 

PERFECTO

visita mi blog! es nuevo, nuevo, new blog!!!

:)



xxx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:23 AM) : 

Typical italian- perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:40 AM) : 

He looks like a figure from a childrens' book I had when I was a kid, so that's cool! Otherwise, no.

 

Anonymous Aaron VIII said ... (8:41 AM) : 

Tone this down to biege and replace the boatshoes with oxfords and you'd have what a lot of cats were rocking in Harajuku when I was there a month ago. I like this over the top version too, though i don't love the shoes.

It's a dapper summer look, no need to hate on the shorts babies.

 

Blogger CW said ... (9:23 AM) : 

The clothes are great. However, I would not ride a motorcycle in them, "road rash" and other potential issues with the shorts.

 

Blogger Fernanda Quiros said ... (9:54 AM) : 

is sooo nice!!! lov it!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

ACDC rules!

 

Blogger lovintrash said ... (10:11 AM) : 

P E R F E C T O.

lo.

www.lovintrash.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous christopher said ... (10:13 AM) : 

fantastico - from the helmet hair down to skinny legs.

 

Blogger Diana said ... (10:23 AM) : 

Damn! his legs´ shape is like mine!!!
I miss some 10 cm to the shorts.
If he wants to win some attention this is the perfect outfit, otherwise the practical factor is 0

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:41 AM) : 

he looks like a little doll. i wouldnt be attracted to this kind of person/look but he tries and thats all that matters!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

Like the guy with the multi-striped outfit earlier this week, it's all great until you get below the waist. Those shorts aren't happening. He really doesn't have the legs for, but even is he did, it's just too precious.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:17 PM) : 

I love how the young fashionistas are reworking and updating the trad items in really stylish and playful ways.

 

Anonymous Ani said ... (1:06 PM) : 

Sartorialist, you made my day with this photo. I love this look, I love the lighting and the boy is gorgeous!! Come to shoreditch, London!!! xx

 

Blogger Dajda said ... (1:08 PM) : 

What a funny look, I was rolling down and the last thing I expected under this jacket were shorts!

 

Anonymous Macy said ... (1:21 PM) : 

Dare anyone to try and work that look north of the border

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:42 PM) : 

Oh look, it's Little Lord Fauntleroy.

 

Blogger Do you love my shoes ? said ... (1:45 PM) : 

Love his jacket <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 PM) : 

watch out...firenze hell's angels

 

Anonymous Bombshell Kitten said ... (2:47 PM) : 

Definitely a statement, The shorts may be a tad short for my taste, though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:05 PM) : 

love the jacket, but men seriously need to stop wearing shorts. immediately. no one wants to see your hairy stems.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:10 PM) : 

i love him!!!!!!!! ugg i wanna be a guy so i can wear a coat and a bow tie!

 

Blogger Eddy said ... (5:35 PM) : 

Well, that's an interesting take on what Bermudian business men wear to work every day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:47 PM) : 

two words : Chuck Bass

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:57 PM) : 

-GENIALE-

 

Anonymous Sarah Timmerman said ... (6:48 PM) : 

I love this! Its an awesome outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:49 PM) : 

great look, but for some reason i'm getting a Jonas-brothers-too-perfect vibe... hmm.

 

Blogger noelakadjtambour said ... (7:16 PM) : 

great looks: from the waist up
and from the waist down

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:44 PM) : 

uhhh - NO. maybe if you are under 10 years old.

 

Anonymous an said ... (7:51 PM) : 

how much cuter could this be if he took the DB off amd rolled up the sleeves on his shirt?
i like how his bow tie reflects the color of his shoes and ties the whole outfit together.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:24 PM) : 

can't say I'm a fan.

I think this may be one of my least favorites of your shots.

the colors are good; the idea is there; but the proportions are all wrong.

Perhaps if the shorts were a bit longer and the jacket sleeves were a tad longer (or pushed up), this might work.

Bow tie is a tad over the top but might still work if the other components were fixed.

 

Anonymous ronan the librarian said ... (11:44 PM) : 

at first I thought it was helmet hair, then it dawned on me that it must be from a fashion shoot! i am with CW at 9.23 about the potential "road rash"... leathers please.

 

Blogger alex Fawcett said ... (12:40 AM) : 

this outfit is amazing. anyone whos says anything bad.....other than the shoes issue is a complete douche.. as Eddie would say this is the best costume for the day !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:08 AM) : 

I love him and his comments... LMBO... I love the color combo! Rock on helmet man!

 

Blogger Ostendaise said ... (3:09 AM) : 

Am I the only one who thinks this is absolutely hideous!?

 

Blogger Deafkid said ... (3:12 AM) : 

the kid is a winner.

great posts lately, true Satorialists.

 

Blogger Olviya said ... (10:38 AM) : 

jackets sleevs are catching attention...

 

Blogger Sara Bow said ... (11:04 AM) : 

hottie :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:40 PM) : 

when i first saw this i was like, WOW, it is one of those up in your face outfits. Nonethese, I ADORE the blazer and the bowtie, if the gentleman was selling them (in a different size obviously LOL), i would be reaching for my wallet in no time. I'm not incredibly fond of the shoes, they're look a bit chuncky for my taste, but maybe the rough factor of the shoes goes with the wild hair. Anyways, i feel the whole outfit protrudes so much character that it's useless to mingle over final details :)

 

Anonymous Elizabeth said ... (12:41 PM) : 

Eye catching, indeed. Feels too forced, though.

The shorts, I keep thinking they're boxers and he misplaced his pants. Perhaps it's the length.

 

Blogger Joseph Rudi Pielichaty said ... (12:45 PM) : 

legs to aspire towards!

 

Blogger Love + Cake said ... (2:10 PM) : 

This is so so fabulous!! Really inspiring.

 

Blogger sal said ... (2:16 PM) : 

really want those shorts

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:18 PM) : 

This is just ridiculous!

 

Blogger Kaonashi said ... (2:57 PM) : 

Love everything except the shorts.

 

Anonymous AAGoodman said ... (7:45 PM) : 

This guy looks superb!

He obviously doesn't play by "the rules." Anyone who can wear this and pull it off with such confidence shows true style. I personally can't find much wrong with what he is wearing. I think sometimes we get to caught up in rules or ourselves to truly appreciate life.

Great shot!!!

 

Anonymous Exurban Jon said ... (2:40 AM) : 

Ludicrous. All that's missing is a straw boater with streamers. And perhaps an oversized lollipop.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:52 AM) : 

The upper half is going to a high school reunion, the bottom half is going to the pool...The dispute is not going to be easily resolved.
Xavier

 

Blogger Caroline, No. said ... (5:10 AM) : 

I laughed when I saw this shot. He is not pulling this off well. The proportion is all wrong, so top heavy, with tiny little pin legs sticking out.

 

Blogger Almaty Street Fashion said ... (4:02 PM) : 

Such a strong musculan top and such a childish bottom...
I guess we only have to look at this with a bit of humor

 

Anonymous Richard Ross said ... (1:28 AM) : 

yes.

 

Anonymous Scoob said ... (3:01 AM) : 

I know y'all think that he's pretty stylin', but sorry, that's just plain WRONG. (my humble opinion, of course)

 

Anonymous Corey said ... (11:37 AM) : 

i dont get it, if your wearing shorts, its gotta be pretty warm, so to pair it with a blazer and button down just seems rather backwards.

dudes gotta make up his mind.

solid shoes though

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:36 PM) : 

Oh, no. While I'm all for using style as personal expression, I cannot accept the fact that none of his clothes fit!

Olive

www.VisforOlive.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous P.J. said ... (6:01 PM) : 

I want to move there now.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

bowtie is overkill with shorts, but it's still a great, fun outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:53 PM) : 

A child wearing a child's outfit — anyone under the age of 17 should not attempt this look.

 

Blogger Glowing Doll said ... (6:46 PM) : 

He looks like an extra from Rushmore. Kind of wonderful and creepy at the same time.

 

Anonymous L Dizzle said ... (8:36 PM) : 

A lot of you, particularly the older more conservative crowd (which is like 80% of Sart. commenters)don't seem to get whats going on here.
It's supposed to be a play on proportions.
The short jacket sleeves are an absolute necessity, as are the shorts.
I wasn't feeling the shoes initially, but their weight contrast well with the shorts to once again play on this idea of proportions, which is why his legs look odd (which adds to the outfit).

The hair and glasses look lame though. If he had a cooler haircut it would make him seem like he was more aware of the exaggerated proportions and would make him seem less like a comic book character, unaware of his own absurdity.

Oh, and it wouldn't work without the bowtie wither. It makes it a lot look less serious, which is true to it all, and seems to transplant a bit of the character of the bottom half of the outfit into the top, making it seem less like he has just put on two entirely different outfits.


PS: It's clearly maroon, not brown, not that unusual of a palette.

Oh, and ditch the helmet.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:51 PM) : 

i love this look- formal yet funny almost. i almost feel myself blush at the image- "nice knickers, now where's your pants?"

 

Blogger toto said ... (9:38 AM) : 

with that helment in his hand it's oviously he was in a motorbike, i would like to dress like that and be in my motorbike at the same time lol....

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 AM) : 

I think he look hilarious!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting