This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street......Mr. Ricci, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, July 23, 2009

On the Street......Mr. Ricci, Florence

Comments on "On the Street......Mr. Ricci, Florence"

 

Blogger Gülben said ... (12:19 PM) : 

wish there were no socks!

 

Anonymous Goodbye Heart Vintage said ... (12:23 PM) : 

Love to see light denim worn correctly.

 

Blogger Susan B said ... (12:26 PM) : 

Yummy. Sorry, what he's wearing may be nice but I just can't get beyond that gorgeous smile.

 

Blogger Rosalind said ... (12:27 PM) : 

Very nice shoes and jacket.

http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:27 PM) : 

Sorry don't like it.

The jacket makes him look like a frog.

But those shoes are very nice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:28 PM) : 

Great style but those socks...

 

Blogger mark said ... (12:42 PM) : 

class class class.

 

Anonymous k. said ... (12:43 PM) : 

for some reason the socks are a bit distracting. definitely dig the red soles, however.

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Love love love the fit; however, the wash of the jeans and the ankle socks lost me. The perfect christmas gift for this gent would be some no-show socks from foot locker. Yes, that was bitchy I know. Jorge from WPB

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:53 PM) : 

The socks kill this look

 

Anonymous F.E. Castleberry said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Love the monotone color palette. I would have opted for sockless though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:04 PM) : 

Where is the jacket from?

 

Blogger Well Done said ... (1:12 PM) : 

I love the white bucks...but no peds please.

 

Blogger KP said ... (1:22 PM) : 

oh dapper, dapper dan-love this-such attention to detail.

http://fringeoffashion.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:28 PM) : 

love shoesss!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

That's so classy!

 

Blogger Rachel @ The Haute Notes said ... (1:43 PM) : 

He looks very classy! I loving the different shades of blues in the blazer and the denim. Quite fabulous!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:44 PM) : 

i think the socks are great. and the trouser-like cuffs on the jeans...this could have been a total disaster and he pulled it off great. here is proof that style is less about what you're wearing and more about how you wear it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:44 PM) : 

gotta love mr. ricci

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:53 PM) : 

People complain about the socks... but he is just going for comfort and hygiene! Bravo Mr Ricci: that is good sense for once!

When would fashion people understand that those shoes without socks will only make your feet sweat, swell and smell??!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 PM) : 

Javi C.
I like the width of the neck of the shirt, the buttons of the opened fists(handles) and the handkerchief(scarf) of the jacket.
It(He,She) should put on a few "PINKIS", in Spain there are called this way a few cacetines that only cover the foot and are not seen over the shoe, for the summer they are fantastic.

 

Blogger Aemon said ... (2:02 PM) : 

I would wear this look everyday, I mean it! I saw this vintage Balmain jacket yesterday the resembles the jacket in this picture.

 

Blogger Samantha said ... (2:11 PM) : 

He looks so well put together. I was really into this guys look (www.sparklmotion.blogspot.com) what does everyone think?

 

Blogger Alison Rowe said ... (2:22 PM) : 

I love his clean, casual, masculine style. Why can't more men dress this way??

 

Blogger denny wong said ... (2:28 PM) : 

ooh...sorry, the socks kill his style!

 

Blogger Cristi Silva said ... (2:36 PM) : 

I wonder how much time He thought about the socks.. should I? shouldn't I? I personaly wish I chose to wear socks today because my feet kill and smell all at the same time. Mr. Ricci is a smarter man than I.

 

Blogger Monsieur Callian said ... (2:38 PM) : 

done to perfection, i really like the look, i would wear it every day! Tight and short jacket with neapolitan shoulder, and light (maybe suede) brogues, thats my uniform!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:40 PM) : 

really 80s style

 

Blogger Ángela said ... (3:01 PM) : 

Bravo Mr. Ricci and congratulations for your book.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

Those socks... Please make it stop!

 

Blogger Mars Tokyo said ... (3:12 PM) : 

It's Nino!!! Nino Ricci!!! ;-)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3:14 PM) : 

He looks just too refreshing! I love his entire look. I need to find shoes like his! I need to so bad! I like his blazer being a slim fit and the lapels being over sized.
check out my trendy blog!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Bobby Humphrey said ... (3:32 PM) : 

Perfect fold in the jeans, call it casual chic with a twist..

 

Anonymous the f word said ... (3:35 PM) : 

loving the jeans i seen some similar in topman very nice ;)
(www.fashionwhatsnext.blogspot.com)

 

Anonymous Kevin said ... (3:57 PM) : 

I'm loving the jeans-shoes combo.

 

Blogger Melissa Blake said ... (4:13 PM) : 

niiiice smile! :)

 

Blogger SallyO said ... (4:17 PM) : 

I LOVE that he is wearing the little socks! It says that he doesn't want blisters and smelly feet. Why are people so bothered by seeing socks on men? Do you really like to look at their ankles that much?

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (4:19 PM) : 

it's all lovely

but I wanted brown shoes, you know, in an ideal world.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:32 PM) : 

white socks? You have to know when to stop...

 

Blogger jcrew guy in Canada said ... (4:45 PM) : 

He needs to score some trouser socks from Banana Republic, no ones sees them peeking out of your shoes.

I'm not liking the light coloured jeans, nor the cuff on them. Great watch, jacket and shoes.

 

Blogger Hickers said ... (4:46 PM) : 

I have to say that I find it hard to ever find a good reason for the 'socks that don't look like I am wearing socks', socks. If you see what I mean.

 

Anonymous Martin said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Great jacket, shirt and haircut. But the socks are a catastrophe. Reminds of my running socks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 PM) : 

That really looks like it got it`s inspiration from the German pop-band Modern Talking from the 80`s. But the shoes were pretty nice though!

 

Blogger I V Y said ... (5:13 PM) : 

love his oxfords

 

Blogger The Comet said ... (5:26 PM) : 

young pimp at lawn.. sublime summer..



xxo HH

 

Blogger toto said ... (5:32 PM) : 

I really love his shoes...I want them too!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

i like this very much: the colors, slightly shrunken cuts, and crisp fit.
but please, no socks! questionably unsanitary, but i think, a bit classier.

 

Anonymous Sara Lua said ... (7:22 PM) : 

So glad he's wearing socks. When men do not wear socks under their leather loafers, I cringe at what's happening between the leather.

And yes, love his hair & self-respect evident in his presentation!

 

Blogger Rianna said ... (7:28 PM) : 

socks ruin the look!
Rianna Bethany xxxxxxxxx

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:35 PM) : 

Oh dear, such a gorgeous looking man but I do have my concerns about the selection of shoes and girlie sox! Cuffed jeans are an interesting concept. SiggiM

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (7:41 PM) : 

what a cutie...he looks like he has so much fun and no time to do his sock laundry...you've got to love it

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:43 PM) : 

I really like the shoes but I don´t like the socks.
un saludo

 

Blogger sarkis said ... (8:32 PM) : 

lovely look. i haven't been seeing this "type" of look as much in NYC. agree no socks, but still great. the color of the shoes are on the money.

http://www.towardstyle.com

 

Blogger Royal Tenenbaum said ... (9:28 PM) : 

The socks kill it for me. That's all I see.

And it is possible to pull of socks without making them visible. Lower cut socks would have been hidden under the oxfords.

 

Blogger DENNI said ... (9:43 PM) : 

how gorgeous. love those shoes.
great one.
kiss




Chicmuse
http://thechicmuse.blogspot.com

 

Blogger pepastyling said ... (9:59 PM) : 

Color wise this outfit works but it feels tight on him not the right fit, then those socks?? or the absence of them...not quite sure...

 

Blogger Cobalt Violet said ... (10:26 PM) : 

Love the Club Med Colors... very summer casual but I agree about the socks. The eye gets stuck there.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:25 PM) : 

I love dirty elegance...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 PM) : 

would love meeting him! Smile indeed!

 

Anonymous donna said ... (11:46 PM) : 

everything was going well until i saw the socks. i really want to like it because he looks so gorgeous otherwise, but they just look weird to me.

 

Blogger Elaine said ... (12:06 AM) : 

I like that his socks peek out. Too many people don't wear socks and I think it's gross!!!


clothedmuch.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous AnonymousJK said ... (12:08 AM) : 

Have to agree with the masses, those socks are killing me! Otherwise, a really great look!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 AM) : 

Beautifully tailored db jacket, can never go wrong with blue and white. Miss the mark on the socks and a leather strapped watch would add a dash of color/interest. Nothing beats a well worn pair of white bucks in the summer!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:52 AM) : 

Socks= comfortable?

 

Blogger Victoria said ... (3:01 AM) : 

What a coincidence! I just wrote about brogues on my blog! The open neckline, light washed denim, and cream colored shoes are light and summery. Everything is crisp and clean and it's far from oppressive. There have been some comments about his socks, but he pulls it off rather nicely. Great look!

xoxo,
Victoria
http://thestylistadiaries.blogspot.com

 

Blogger JJ FOOTWEAR said ... (3:08 AM) : 

Florsheim shoes...

 

Blogger Eliades Ochoa said ... (3:45 AM) : 

NO SOCKS!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:50 AM) : 

I hate those socks as well, in my opinion they totally ruin the whole picture, The Look is great, but white sporting socks with shoes. :(

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:13 AM) : 

I have the same shoes (Brimarts)... Got them thrown-in free (honest !) when buying 2 rather expensive pairs for my wife in southern Italy couple of months ago... And I wear them with similar, but lower cut socks... which probably officialy makes me cool :-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:41 AM) : 

Great jacket, shirt and haircut. But the socks are a catastrophe and the blue of his jean is too light

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:47 AM) : 

Personally, I'm not much for the socks, but going without socks wouldn’t be especially comfortable. My suggestion would be to wear a pair of really thin cotton sock in a very light blue matching the colour of the jeans.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:01 AM) : 

I love the socks. You have to be a very selfconfidence gentleman to wear that kind of socks. The evidence is almost no one here likes them, despite the smart and confortable they are.

Basanio

 

Blogger Gary K. said ... (7:40 AM) : 

Great! I'm going to pull my 1980s light denim back out of the storage closet!

 

Anonymous Nick Bumgardner said ... (8:00 AM) : 

I love the look. The shoes to me really help pull off the look. I have noticed a ton of comments about the socks. The socks really don't distract from the look if you ask me.

 

Blogger The Khaki Crusader said ... (8:24 AM) : 

Sleeves! Perfection how they ride up the arm.

 

Blogger Katie said ... (9:12 AM) : 

Casper,

Agreed! I like the presence of the socks, and not just for hygienic reasons. So, I would have loved to see them played up more, in light blue.

But, I adore this look! On men and women. The jeans are inspiring right now, while I can still get away with denim at work!

 

Anonymous Chris_E_Dub said ... (9:16 AM) : 

I would either wear thin, full length socks or none at all...

 

Anonymous Amanda said ... (10:31 AM) : 

I'm glad to see the socks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:22 AM) : 

the socks spoiled the whole outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:31 AM) : 

man the shoes are f***ing great!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:39 AM) : 

I don't think it's a question of socks/no socks, in this case. Clearly the guy knows style. He's wearing two inch cuff jeans; he knew his ankles were showing that day. I think where he went wrong was that he put white socks with white bucks. It's not a flattering contrast. The socks should be a pop of color (purple or red or orange or something) this look would have looked much better. I'm surprised that he didn't do this, because he's Italian. I'm also not surprised that he wore these white socks, because he's Italian, and sometimes they just don't give a damn. That's why they're the best dressed people on the planet.

The end.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

People are complaining about the socks because they are athletic white ankle socks...
NOT because he is simply wearing socks!
They are BRUTAL!

So please, enough of the "socks are good hygiene", "dont mind the socks but they should be blue" crap. He's wearing white ankle socks, it's beyond lame...

 

Anonymous Bombshell Kitten said ... (1:48 PM) : 

Rid him of the socks, (or change the color?) and this would be easy going perfection.

 

Blogger endora said ... (3:57 PM) : 

This is the first pic with a look I don't like, and his hair, no no!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:31 PM) : 

Wow! What a hunka hunka burnin' love! Italian men are the best!

Schmoopie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:35 PM) : 

I don't know about Italians being the best dressed on the Planet as the socks might challenge that notion as a master narrative.

However, I wonder why he didn't consider a thin, summer weight sock if he felt that he needed to have socks on at all.

hmm?

 

Blogger Barbara said ... (6:37 PM) : 

I like this look for some reason. The socks kill it for me too. Would much rather see him wearing loafers or a different colored shoe.

 

Anonymous Sharlyn said ... (9:24 PM) : 

I love his smile!!

 

Anonymous Sharlyn said ... (9:25 PM) : 

I love his smile!!

 

Blogger Marius Butuc said ... (4:12 AM) : 

the jacket is perfect . the so-called "marine" style , the combination of white and navy is amazing ..especially in the summertime

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:55 AM) : 

White socks?....noooooooooooooo...

 

Blogger James Jean said ... (9:29 AM) : 

Normally I'm against the sock movement but here for some reason just works. So does the light trouser. Maybe it's the angle at which he's sitting.

To everyone who thinks that if they see no socks, that we are not wearing socks: Some do actually "go sockless" but there are something called peds, to protect your shoes and keep you looking ahead of the curve. No need to get so sticky about it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:17 AM) : 

As with belts socks are difficult waters to navigate.
Hence the popularity of no-sock look during this tight line and high water hems. This man's choice makes the socks look like underwear riding up than the accessory they could have been.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:54 PM) : 

Signor Ricci is starting a new trend - match your socks to your pocket square... it's what the cool kids are doing this summer.

-Pietro

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

The socks. No. Just no.

Would be interesting to see how he looks standing up.

I'm guessing he wouldn't be looking great.

though he looks like a very nice man x

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:53 PM) : 

WOW the lenght of the blazer the combination of blues....thats a very elaborated style confession

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:02 PM) : 

I'm afraid ankles are still not attractive to me.

 

Blogger Hayley said ... (10:28 PM) : 

he's rockin those shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 PM) : 

Marius, good point. The nautical ensemble on a man looks classic and fantastic. In my opinion though it can be ruined by too many attempting their interpretation thereof. Worse still is when someone tries to pursue precision in its execution.

Just wear it. Don't bother about meticulous precision in sleeve length or precise amount of turn-ups.

The looks is one of my favorites. This summer I'm going to have a stab at it with a navy Valentino blazer with gold buttons (yes gold buttons) and white linen slacks.

Guys like Signor Ricci with his precision need to relax.

-Pietro

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Socks! No! No! No!
I'm surprised this made the cut.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:17 AM) : 

A+++ on top!! The faded denim and footies sticking out of the shoes... no. I have loafer socks that don't stick out of any of my shoes.

 

Blogger Miguel said ... (2:28 PM) : 

Love the shoes.... and the Blazer!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:15 AM) : 

Ankle socks are a no-go in fashion! They are made for sports, great shoes though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:39 PM) : 

Peds with those shoes? I think not. Absolutely HATE the cuff on the jeans. He's cute no matter what.....!

 

Blogger Charles Reinhardt said ... (9:06 PM) : 

This man looks amazing. Rich people need to stop thinking that throwing expensive things together looks hip. Colour and shape man, colour and shape.

 

Anonymous Sandro said ... (9:03 AM) : 

Anyone know where to find these type of shirts with long neck?

Thanks

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:28 AM) : 

ma i fantasmini Sig. Ricci, poteva risparmiarceli

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:13 AM) : 

I agree,no socks please!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:10 PM) : 

the shoes are so coool!

 

Blogger Dixie said ... (12:50 AM) : 

he looks like Simon Le Bon

 

Blogger Style Scanner said ... (5:31 PM) : 

Think Mr Ricci's Mama told him..."Son, you should always practice safe sox".

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:25 AM) : 

Nice sosks!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting