This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Leopard, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

On the Street....Leopard, NYC

Comments on "On the Street....Leopard, NYC"

 

Blogger Charlotte said ... (7:06 PM) : 

Normally I don't like animal prints, but it's such a feature piece and somehow gives an otherwise plain outfit a spohisticatesd edge

 

Blogger Sartorial Vancouver said ... (7:11 PM) : 

Love the pop of the print.

 

Blogger Antonio Barros said ... (7:24 PM) : 

Magnifique!

thesingular.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous julia said ... (7:26 PM) : 

radiant thing! no signs of being hungover at all.

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (7:28 PM) : 

I think thats the way animal print should be worn...The print she is wearing is my very favorite. She has a great transitional look going on from head to toe!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 PM) : 

Bella!

Pietro

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 PM) : 

Fabulous photograph. I love her cropped pants, what material are they? Oh, and those shoes! Lovely.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:35 PM) : 

I just don't get leopard print-never have, never will.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:35 PM) : 

Wonderful photo, you're the BEST!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:42 PM) : 

Like Charlotte, I am not a fan of animal print either, but the scarf actually works! I'd rock it!

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (7:42 PM) : 

i love leopard print!

see me & my Jimmy Choos @ www.fashionsnag.com

 

Blogger hi-d said ... (8:02 PM) : 

I absolutely love leopard prints when done tastefully in apparel or home decor. This is perfect!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:10 PM) : 

I agree with Holly, above... but I still don't like leopard print that much, I prefer snake.... :)
And, Scott...
I see you are posting about your signings (next in Milan, I saw)and, for those of us who live in other places and can't attend and/or wait.... could we have an "on line signing"? I mean, we could send concrete questions about your book (I suppose in this meetings people ask you lots of things...) :)
It was only an idea I've just come through. Greetings!

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (8:22 PM) : 

She's got great taste clothes-wise. I love the length of the pants with the high sandals. Perfect.

But my eyes went immediately to her upper lip. I'm thinking it's been filled. Hopefully this is a temporary effect -- fillers are gone within months. She'd be perfect without it.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:24 PM) : 

actress?

 

Blogger Caroline said ... (8:30 PM) : 

It's okay, I like the black and then the scarf, but I am unsure about the cropped pants with those shoes they don't really do anything for her.

 

Blogger ANIK said ... (8:33 PM) : 

I like this look, works very well on her!

www.simplementfashion.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:33 PM) : 

love it.

 

Blogger Brian said ... (8:41 PM) : 

A cougar in leopard's clothing...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:42 PM) : 

Love the scarf but think the bottom (cropped pants/open sandals) doesn't match the vibe ... too summery.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:49 PM) : 

you seem obsessed with these boyfriend blazers on women.

ive seen at least four in this month alone!

 

Blogger Leah said ... (8:51 PM) : 

I love the whole ensemble... casual chic... love the Goyard too.

 

Blogger crickets said ... (9:04 PM) : 

That scarf is KILLER!

http://therevoltishere.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous victoria k said ... (9:12 PM) : 

owww i love this look!...shes beautiful and doesnt take leopard down the tacky path!

 

Blogger Style Decoded said ... (9:25 PM) : 

she seems soo familiar to me. is she famous or is it a nyc thing?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:34 PM) : 

Wow! I'd walk with her any day~!
Fantastic~!

www.shorewalkers.org

 

Blogger J.Teheren said ... (9:36 PM) : 

She has an enchanting look; I'm lost in her eyes. Great photo!

http://jamaalcrowder.blogspot.com

 

Blogger UESman said ... (9:40 PM) : 

I think the rest of the outfit is kinda overdone (seen alot on the street) but the leapord print scarf elevates the outfit to something which is pretty out of the ordinary in Manhattan (in my humble opinion).

 

Blogger Lalita said ... (9:43 PM) : 

I'm not that keen on animal print, but this is very stylish, love the outfit!! love new york and its people

 

Blogger Elaine said ... (9:46 PM) : 

I love this. The scarf is such a great statement piece but it's her confidence that I love the most!

clothedmuch.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Bookworm said ... (9:51 PM) : 

Wow! That scarf and the totally cool gladiators totally spiff up her look. Great picture!

 

Blogger emily.elizabeth said ... (10:29 PM) : 

I love how relaxed and simple this outfit is.
I also love how her facial expression matches.

http://poorjackandhisgiantfeet.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger kahartland said ... (10:37 PM) : 

animal print is big for fall... i myself just bought a pair of leopard flats :)

www.getobsessed.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Pearl said ... (10:40 PM) : 

Animal print is normally a turn-off for me, but in this case, it really pops!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:48 PM) : 

Like the top with the scarf, seems to get weaker as you move down though- I agree that the shoes appear too summery

 

Blogger Miss Head Over Heels said ... (10:49 PM) : 

I love that scarf! I gotta get one for myself!

http://missheadoverheels.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:03 PM) : 

January 2009 - September 2009.

loved it then - love it now.

http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/1109plaid-pantsWeb.jpg

 

Blogger lenmeister said ... (11:09 PM) : 

She reminds me of Tommy Hilfiger's wife Dee. Gorgeous woman and snazzy look-very "Fall transition-like" ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 PM) : 

so trendy, yet so effortless. true style. well done.

 

Blogger RJ said ... (11:34 PM) : 

I don't want gladiator sandals to ever go out of style! Her scarf is gorge.

 

Blogger Rosie said ... (11:37 PM) : 

I love this shot! She looks fresh and has just enough edge in this photo...

http://rosieshaheen.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger ... said ... (12:09 AM) : 

i love that print! it makes the entire outfit!





-NASA & Disney
-fashion & cartoons
-Marc J
on
http://siqlogic.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Sebastien said ... (1:27 AM) : 

Going from top to bottom it had me up until the cropped "elastic" looking pants and the sandals. The dark gold sandal with the leopard print (in my opinion) doesn't go well together.

 

Blogger Dominica said ... (2:01 AM) : 

It's the LV-Sprouse scarf !
Have exactly the same and it's my fav scarf ever !!
It gives that extra edge to any outfit !

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 AM) : 

I need that scarf. Pronto.

 

Blogger Hawa said ... (3:44 AM) : 

my jaw is still on the ground from scrollling down and up...and down again.....these are so inspiring...so many ideas, so little time, however shall i wear them all?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:38 AM) : 

the leopard print... & the gladiator sandals... kind of fits.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:51 AM) : 

GLORIous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:00 AM) : 

Loving the LV scarf. Wow leopard print really is not going away. Love how a little bit of leopard print detail can jazz up any outfit!
http://heycrazy.wordpress.com/
Exx

 

Blogger La petit Mavie said ... (6:11 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:38 AM) : 

BEAUTIF-IQUE haha

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:04 AM) : 

love the look - the sandals look a bit small/perhaps like she might not be comfortable to walk in them? like the dark polish on the toes. is she wearing leggins beneath the pants? interestng....

 

Blogger MamaWunderlich said ... (7:35 AM) : 

I´ve got that shoes, too!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:52 AM) : 

i dont think this one does it for me - the jumpsuit, boyfriend blazer, leopard print scarf and gladiator shoes all put together seem a little too commerical and a little less original...

 

Anonymous Styleetbidous said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Oooh so nice! I need a scarf like this! Very cool outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:02 AM) : 

She looks familiar. Can anyone say who she is?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:28 AM) : 

love the way she matches her sandal with the sexy elegance of the scarf, a loose touch of sexiness over the classical ancient style

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:52 AM) : 

This is such an overload of trends all at once - gladiators, jumpsuit (I think?), black boyfriend blazer, big light summer scarf, leopard print...she looks fine but I think there are just too many of the moment things going for one outfit!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:03 AM) : 

i am in love with leopard!!

have you seen this version of that scarf??

http://www.joandjoenyc.com/1/post/2009/09/todays-style-pick16.html

 

Blogger Jorge from W Palm Beach said ... (10:08 AM) : 

Ah! The secret to animal prints: wear one and ONLY one piece of it per outfit. She looks great in it, very relaxed! Surprisingly, even though it is a somewhat busy print, it goes well with her Goyard bag. I will have to save up and buy a more masculine G item myself!!! Jorge from WPB

 

Anonymous HR Department said ... (10:10 AM) : 

I love the leopard piece. When I am dressing I always wear a piece on my neck or anywhere which can be notice. I also like her shoes.

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (10:49 AM) : 

Fabulous!!!

 

Blogger AONIE said ... (10:58 AM) : 

...so pop...so cool!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:15 AM) : 

i would dip her in chocolate... beautiful!

 

Anonymous danya said ... (11:33 AM) : 

the detail...it makes the difference!

 

Blogger DENNI said ... (11:41 AM) : 

GREAT LOOK. GREAT SYTLED.
LOVE IT








XX
CHICMUSE
http://thechicmuse.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Orsibabba said ... (12:10 PM) : 

My fav... oh God, the print and gladiators...the best!

 

Blogger marion cheung said ... (1:28 PM) : 

she looks fab. i love leopard print but wasn't keen on the glads but the way she wears it is very cool

 

Blogger CW said ... (3:55 PM) : 

Almost everything works. The pants look like sweatpants pulled up at both waist and cuff. A faux pas on what otherwise would be a great look.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:45 PM) : 

I like the sandals/shoes with the pants cutting of half of the ankle
it's really "IN" right now,
but I know people are gonna regret it in like 10 years! lol

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Everyone loves those sandals, but I hate 'em. And they're too small on her. The rest of the outfit is great - a little splash of leopard print never hurt anyone!

 

Blogger Amalia said ... (4:57 PM) : 

Loving the scarf, not loving mis-matched blacks, or the tan sandals.

 

Anonymous Hazoon said ... (5:17 PM) : 

love everything about her outfit...

www.gojiboutique.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

Love the jumpsuit! (Maybe because i purchased the same one from Zara!)But really, she's the scene-stealer here. That hair! I mean...

 

Anonymous Sara Lua said ... (8:39 PM) : 

It's not the leopard I admire about her ensemble, it's the variations of black, the boxy blazer, and the jumpsuit which ends in unexpected flats so that she downplays the potential sexiness.

 

Blogger Jennifer said ... (11:40 PM) : 

This just works.

 

Blogger mark said ... (3:23 AM) : 

leopard.. more like cougar

 

Blogger Princess of many sorts. said ... (4:18 AM) : 

This girl had amazing style:)
SoulPrincess

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:18 AM) : 

She is look like Claire Forlani with the enigmatical smile, and who cares about scarf???? :)

 

Blogger Stjarna said ... (8:23 AM) : 

Really glamurous..this animal print it's really chic!!
http://seeyouinoxfordstreet.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Lou Saibel said ... (9:24 AM) : 

Very nice look, i love it !

lifestylebylu.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:59 AM) : 

I think she looks like a "real" person on the street and I love how she looks. A few observations: I thought cropped pants would be gone years ago. They're still here. Why? Women are comfortable in them. ( I am, too.) Maybe she does have kind of a mish-mash of black clothes on, but they blend together. The addition of that great scarf makes the outfit, but would we notice the clothes without her beauty??

 

Anonymous Laetitia said ... (11:17 AM) : 

I love it! this animal print with gladiators...

 

Anonymous deeppurple&blue said ... (4:52 PM) : 

not keen on the jump suit>> love the rest black with the gold scarf.. gladiator.. love her hair perfectly and the sexy look on her face.. awesome..

 

Anonymous Jojo said ... (1:36 PM) : 

it's a lovely look, but I must admit, I'm distracted by something weird going on with her top lip which looks suspiciously "intervened with". I'll never understand why women do this, when it is so obvious and distracting? Surely that defeats the purpose?

 

Blogger A Perfect Peach said ... (6:33 PM) : 

Love this look.
ps. I'm obsessed with your blog, can you tell? ?

 

Blogger La Fée Maligne said ... (7:02 PM) : 

I'll have to disagree with everyone else on this one. I actually happen to be a huge fan of (little touches of) animal prints, and I think the idea of the scarf with this outfit works out well enough. But the blazer and the jumpsuit are different shades of black... or maybe navy and black/dark brown and black/navy and dark brown... It's all quite confusing, and I just feel like going with two very distinct colours would have looked better.

 

Anonymous Mario said ... (5:20 AM) : 

I LOVE this picture. This outfit looks so organic, so bespoke and yet effortless. She looks like the artist daughter of a wall street trader, free and young and beautiful. The Goyard goes well with everything, and the scarf brings it all together. Magnificent! I love the charcoal and the sandals, and don't think anything clashes in the least.

 

Blogger Jules, London said ... (3:48 PM) : 

Evidence of how a scarf can make an outfit. Personally, I would have worn black gladiators with this to deepen the colour shoulder down but the brown ones add a natural, earthy look. Is this a jumpsuit? In any way, I love the leg length. Very flattering.

 

Blogger Chantal Drioel said ... (4:13 PM) : 

Love her outfit, maybe because I've got the same jumpsuit (ZARA)
I agree on the comments about the sandals, but what should she wear instead? It's a rather difficult piece to combine

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:38 PM) : 

Love.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting