This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....The Front Steps, NYC

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

On the Street....The Front Steps, NYC

Comments on "On the Street....The Front Steps, NYC"

 

Blogger taryn said ... (1:29 PM) : 

Very Chic, and loving the stoop shot. Quintessential NY moment!

~taryn xx

 

Anonymous Sara Lua said ... (1:31 PM) : 

She's excellent. One of the best dressed, and best photos, I've seen on your blog! The townhouse architecture helps :)

I also love her oxfords. I used to wear blue black oxfords like those and was probably the middle school weirdo; wonderful how enduring fashions return to trump trend.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 PM) : 

The shoes do it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:35 PM) : 

Lovely look. I hope those shoes are making a comeback.

 

Blogger Judith Ross said ... (1:36 PM) : 

Two words: Shoe Envy

 

Anonymous princess glee said ... (1:36 PM) : 

Like the whole look. But the shoes?...Are boots a better alternative or has that already been done? I love that the shoes are nicely worn and that they aren't black. So in the end, I love the whole look.

 

Anonymous KatyE. said ... (1:38 PM) : 

Love it! Great to see she used a light brown belt instead of a black. It makes the outfit! Awesome shoes!

 

Blogger ingefaer said ... (1:39 PM) : 

She looks fantastic! I like everything she is wearing, especiall the shoes - Love that ox-blood red colour. Nice photo

 

Anonymous Pete said ... (1:40 PM) : 

I thought this was a pretty average outfit until I saw the unusual shoes. Their shininess and colour make them stand out nicely

 

Blogger VerseaStyle said ... (1:41 PM) : 

All lady on top with men's oxfords - love it! The orange pop of color in the belt is a nice contrast.

 

Blogger Kwil said ... (1:42 PM) : 

the belt makes this outfit perfect.

 

Blogger Soren Lorensen said ... (1:53 PM) : 

those shoes! Magnificent!


how I wish her belt matched them...

 

Blogger Sara Szatmary said ... (1:53 PM) : 

Love the proportions and pop of pattern on this!

 

Anonymous mareile said ... (1:53 PM) : 

see, this is REALLY inspiring to me because i have all the items in my wardrobe, at least sort of. so happy to have bought myself a pair of brogues!!great usable picture!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:56 PM) : 

i love the brown and tan accents. i need men's shoes like that but w a wedge or thick heel. any suggestions anyone?!?! visit my blog and let me know!


lekisskiss.blogspot.com <-- two girls living in nyc and chicago blogging all things fashion!

xoxo,
F

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

Very nice dress. I like the kind she look. A little bit funny but also very serious. Her face is beautiful and she look like she would thinking about somethin. You are so talentfull in photographing you just catch those beautiful moments.

Lars

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:00 PM) : 

This is an example of a nautical-inspired summer top being transformed into a great fall essential.

http://voguebeforefood.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Hayley said ... (2:03 PM) : 

I love that building - especially that door.
And I really like her skirt and shoes.

xx

 

Blogger A La Mode said ... (2:04 PM) : 

Wow gorgeous! Great shoes

http://girlalamode.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Style Scanner said ... (2:06 PM) : 

Rather nice oxblood shoes

 

Anonymous michelle LeBlanc said ... (2:06 PM) : 

Love it! This has been my "uniform" for Fall...nothing better than a skirt with pockets!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:08 PM) : 

always like a women wearing a pair of solid shoes.

 

Anonymous Mandy said ... (2:09 PM) : 

So love the skirt!

 

Blogger jolie jamie said ... (2:14 PM) : 

Nice photo! Very French! Very Chic!

@www.joliejamie.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Angela said ... (2:16 PM) : 

STUNNING! She's the kind of girl I'd love to be friends with.

 

Blogger agatiszka said ... (2:18 PM) : 

Perfect urban look!!

agatiszka.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Markmont said ... (2:22 PM) : 

Really like the shoes.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:29 PM) : 

ohhhhhhh l love her shoes

must have for this season

love her jacket and

her skirt!

wonderful style!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:31 PM) : 

i loooove this look and wish my legs were long enough to pull it off.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:33 PM) : 

shoes and belt.nothing without them...oh, and the pockets!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:33 PM) : 

shoes and belt.nothing without them...oh, and the pockets!

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (2:42 PM) : 

Great look. The striped shirt, scarf and brogues . . . all of it just works.

 

Anonymous Indie Mom and the Reluctant Banker said ... (2:43 PM) : 

She's gorgeous. I really like the slim belt with full skirt. And I love the shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:47 PM) : 

I thought this was very French too! Absolutely stunning. And the shoes: that's an inspired choice, completely knocks out the ball park.

Energie

 

Blogger Miss Cross said ... (2:57 PM) : 

A mixed and atched perfection.
Love the sshoes... recently got ones for myself in grey.

And the steps... I miss NY

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:00 PM) : 

I've been wearing a pair of Jil Sander wingtips from years ago and everyone is stopping me lately. Have had them 10 years! Also old Robert Clergerie oxfords. Nothing better with tights. You can WALK and look great, too.

 

Blogger uhuhuhjn said ... (3:08 PM) : 

LET ME GUESS, THE DRESS SHE IS WEARING IS H&M?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:08 PM) : 

Love the pop the belt gives!

- http://21arrondissement.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 PM) : 

Just fabulous !

 

Blogger Julia Bolchakova said ... (3:13 PM) : 

That's it: I want to be her.

 

Blogger Ping in the City said ... (3:24 PM) : 

The crazy thing is that i just saw her walk by me this morning, in this great outfit. I noticed the jacket, and of course, the brogues.

 

Blogger hi-d said ... (3:26 PM) : 

You have a great way of capturing so much in a picture...the architecture and mood...

 

Blogger Ana Sloane Street said ... (3:27 PM) : 

Altought its the first time I leave a comment, I follow your blog many time ago. I love this blog, for me its the best. I know you´ll be in madrid next week and I excited but i dont know if i can attend because my job, but i try it. I fell so honored if you visit my blog http://sloannstreet.blogspot.com/2009/11/sartorialist-en-madrid.html

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:43 PM) : 

yawn. nothing about this is inventive or interesting. what's working at american apparel like?

 

Blogger ELVIA said ... (3:46 PM) : 

i LOVE her look! x.

 

Anonymous yasmine said ... (4:02 PM) : 

this is so NY... i have a poster of this kind of building front steps in my living room ! i love the pic !!!

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (4:06 PM) : 

very chic. perfect outfit for her!

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Lou said ... (4:09 PM) : 

I love this - she's splendid. The red lips, the orange belt and the aubergine Oxfords against a backdrop of neutrals result in a very smart, inspired (inspiring) and fun look.

 

Blogger mia said ... (4:09 PM) : 

I adore these kind of shoes. so classic and chic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:10 PM) : 

i have to agree with the statement that this is one of the best dressed shots on this blog. flawless in every way.

 

Blogger *angelina said ... (4:26 PM) : 

i adore this~!

 

Blogger Lorena said ... (4:42 PM) : 

This is so great, I love everything about it. I like the volume of the cape and skirt, and the pockets make it just that much cooler. I like the stripes to break up all of the solid color, and the pop of color with the red belt is just perfect. I even like that flat shoes!

http://ganymedekids.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Style Odyssey said ... (4:45 PM) : 

oh gosh, i love this look! i don't know what else to say... :)

 

Anonymous Holly said ... (4:56 PM) : 

Perfection...every piece works off of each other!!!

 

Anonymous Jennifer said ... (4:57 PM) : 

love the play on black and brown—not sure why people are so afraid to do this! it looks very sophisticated.

 

Anonymous FashionCoup said ... (5:19 PM) : 

Great classics, very well put together! It's a "Carrie Bradshaw"-scenery. I LIKE!

http://fashioncoup.com

 

Blogger Gealach said ... (5:28 PM) : 

ooohh, I want that shoes too but here in Milan (italy) its quite hard to find them. any suggestion? :)

 

Blogger Haley said ... (5:40 PM) : 

Adorable. Without any ostentation. Really enjoying this look.

Haley

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:50 PM) : 

Is this an ex model named Emma something?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:52 PM) : 

LOVE the shoes!! PLEASE who makes them??

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:56 PM) : 

This is one of my favorite picture! I love everything: the high skirt, the stripes, the shoes and the belt! The belt definitely makes this outfit. The brown color pops out and lightens the whole thing.
And the shoes.. I have the same in black. Love them!

 

Blogger Sam U. said ... (6:04 PM) : 

My goodness

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:19 PM) : 

J'adore!!! the shoes are perfect!!

 

Blogger C A said ... (6:23 PM) : 

The shoes is what I like the most, it looks very british.

"I'd like my work to let the person who wears it be whatever she is" - Haider Ackermann

@ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Emily said ... (6:48 PM) : 

I love that she paired that coat with oxfords. Beautiful.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:56 PM) : 

There is something very George Sand about this woman. Yes, she looks both chic and pendantic.

Thingorjus

 

Blogger Sasha said ... (6:58 PM) : 

love the peek-a-boo brown belt!

 

Blogger Anna Marie said ... (7:22 PM) : 

Wow, this one brought back a wave of nostalgia for my days in New York...hanging out on the stoop was one of my favorite things to do in that city.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:25 PM) : 

i think i'm going to wear my brown wingtips with some tights and a skirt very soon.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:32 PM) : 

Stunning. I adore the shoes -- I have been looking everywhere for such nice oxfords, and she has them -- thief! And I love the skirt as well.

 

Blogger Amy said ... (8:37 PM) : 

Lovely outfit. I really like the skirt and the touch of brown with the belt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 PM) : 

something i have always wondered.. how do people tie their scarf/shawl like that?? i tried to do it but couldn't. =(

- sin

 

Blogger Eileen Marie said ... (11:06 PM) : 

There is something classic about the railing along the steps of a NYC brownstone. She looks relaxed and those shoes are simple but i have always loved a deep burgundy leather.

http://fabulousheels.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Emily said ... (11:13 PM) : 

oh. it's perfect. love those shoes, brown + black. so balanced.

I'm looking for just right oxfords as well -- I know n.d.c does a pair, but I can't seem to find any in brown this year.

Anyone?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:55 AM) : 

Absolut perfection
Thanks Scott !!!

 

Anonymous Edgar C said ... (4:01 AM) : 

she's rocking the shoes

 

Blogger Dajda said ... (5:54 AM) : 

But the doorway! If I were her, I could stand there for the rest of my life. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:53 AM) : 

Oxford shoes are hot right now, I got a pair recently!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35 AM) : 

Her shoes are fantastic!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18 PM) : 

So simple, so smart. God, I love New York.

 

Blogger dash said ... (12:45 PM) : 

this is great. anyone who says (and it's been said) that a woman can't be sexy or chic in flat shoes is just plain wrong.

 

Blogger The Clever Pup said ... (1:32 PM) : 

I love this. I had an outfit just like that in 1982. And I will whip up something similar from my closet and wear it tomorrow when I go to Tafelmusik

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:39 PM) : 

Guud bye high clumpy heels, I won´t miss you!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:32 PM) : 

Wow. She's the ultimate preppy. She's made me need to re-read Franny & Zooey.

 

Anonymous Dani said ... (3:43 PM) : 

this is great. for so many reasons.
#1: belt color
#2: pockets in the skirt!
#3: i think she is an expert scarf-draper. i can never get that look.
#4: yay for laced flats.

but most of all... the stripey shirt. it's a great contrast to all of the solid colors, without neutralizing the pop of the colored belt.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:17 PM) : 

omg! totally inspired. I love this pic. :) Thanks so much for always posting such beautiful style for us to admire.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 PM) : 

Love that she could have gone another route but instead chose the understated oxfords. makes the look more interesting.

 

Blogger laweezil said ... (4:52 AM) : 

Beautiful shoes! I am buying myself some brogues now... that's made up my mind for me...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:57 AM) : 

love that so much. very simply, but very cute too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:56 AM) : 

That steps/building look like the one next to the builing where Carrie's appartment was filmed during Sex and the City!

 

Blogger Pictures on Page said ... (1:28 PM) : 

I really like this shot. From her oxford shoes, the crossing of her legs, the belt, and striped shirt. A french look on Brooklyn brownstone steps---fantastic.

 

Blogger Faith said ... (2:58 PM) : 

Ooo la la, she is so french! Love it!

 

Anonymous Kristin said ... (10:02 PM) : 

Chic, pretty and classic.

 

Anonymous Cecylia said ... (10:47 PM) : 

I love her dark ensemble and the brown brogues!

 

Anonymous Lilac said ... (3:55 AM) : 

That belt, those oxfords, those stripes... a lovely french moment in NYC.

 

Blogger Cameron Adams said ... (6:22 AM) : 

Surprising oxblood and tan coordinate with the brownstone. The striped blouse lends an air of vulnerability absent from black ensembles worn by blonde women. Well done to both of you.

 

Blogger Sunshinemom said ... (12:51 PM) : 

I bought a similar dress for my daughter. Did not think of the dark stockings. Got to find one!

 

Blogger Julia said ... (11:18 AM) : 

i love this entire outfit. especially the skirt with the belt, and those amazing shoes!

 

Blogger Ola said ... (5:58 AM) : 

There is something about the outfit-simple clothes but looking very stylish

 

Blogger Joy Mars said ... (11:31 AM) : 

The shoes are brilliant.

 

Anonymous FILM AND MUSIC FASHION MAGAZINE said ... (7:45 AM) : 

the brown shoes! tell me she is a very intelligent person.
i love the subtle look that made me guess... is she a lawer?
...just take my hat off to her
dressing sense.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:09 AM) : 

very sophisticated, lovethe belt

 

Anonymous CJ said ... (4:42 PM) : 

Too cool!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:22 AM) : 

This is great. Some of the stuff I see here is cute but I would not be able to pull it off, but this I feel is very chic AND wearable.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:21 PM) : 

So great, like this menish shoes. Waited so long, where had you been...

 

Blogger iida said ... (6:41 AM) : 

I love the shoes. And the striped tee. And the jacket. To be honest, I love everything about this photo.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:03 AM) : 

Fantastic and achievable style. Shop your wardrobe and you can pull something like this together without having to be a designer junkie. I love her.

 

Blogger Vinda Sonata said ... (8:45 AM) : 

oh, that look is so french-chic. i love how she slung the jacket over her shoulder and added the red belt as an accent to her overall clothing.

vindavindasonata.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:23 PM) : 

a casual romantic look wich i adore

 

Blogger Johanna Urban said ... (4:36 PM) : 

I really love this outfit!!!!! She looks so beautiful!!! Love it!!!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting