This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

Lia Belle, Sydney

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Monday, May 03, 2010

Lia Belle, Sydney

Inspiration print from Lia Belle's apartment
Inspiration print from Lia Belle's apartment
Do you see the seam in the middle of Lia Belle's Prada shoes?

Lia Belle HAD to have these Prada shoes, but they didn't have her size. She has very tiny feet, so this is a common issue for her.

Being the crafty Aussie that she is, she bought them in the nearest size she could find and took them to a shoe repair shop. There they removed the heel and cut-out a few centimeters from the middle length of the shoe. Then, they reattached the two severed pieces, re-sanded the heel, re-sewed the lining and refit the heel.

Sounds expensive, but she bought the shoes on sale for $250 and had $100 worth of alterations. Now, the shoes fit Lia Belle perfectly! No one can see the difference, AND she still spent less than the full retail price- smart lady.

Comments on "Lia Belle, Sydney"

 

Blogger Emilie said ... (7:14 AM) : 

I love the first photo! I have a pug too, they are adorable!

 

Blogger NobodyKnowsMarc said ... (7:14 AM) : 

The first picture is amazing...!
www.nobodyknowsmarc.blogspot.com

 

Blogger cewek said ... (7:23 AM) : 

I love the pug! And the blue flats!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:26 AM) : 

Oh how beautiful. I love the first picture - the layers of beige, cream and ginger, the soft textures of the skirt matching the pup's fur, and of course the turquois touches.

 

Blogger Beth said ... (7:31 AM) : 

That first picture is quite simply adorable.

 

Blogger EML said ... (7:33 AM) : 

ha my mum has the same problem. she has a very hard time finding nice shoes because her feet are so tiny.
i so have to send her the link to this post!

 

Blogger LMc said ... (7:35 AM) : 

Lia Belle!! Sweet, beautiful and quirky as always. Love the colour and LOVE the the pooch!

Layla x

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (7:41 AM) : 

Love is blind,and passioned,and has no limits.She want it & she get it.

 

Blogger agnes szucs said ... (7:44 AM) : 

I like this whole post! I like the dog's expression... LOL. I like the skirt. I like Vermeer very much. And I like the shoes although it pretty much beats me how such an alteration is even possible.
love,
szucs

 

Blogger SallyO said ... (7:47 AM) : 

I'll never agree that $350 for a pair of shoes is smart, no matter what brand.

 

Blogger Henri said ... (7:49 AM) : 

I love pugs, my sister has one!

http://henrineuendorf.com/

 

Anonymous Lim101 said ... (7:50 AM) : 

Wow!! That's such a good idea!! I didn't even know that kind of fit could be done...

It seems Lia Belle has wonderful ideas, very good taste in shoes and a very cute dog!
Loved the post!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:59 AM) : 

I never heard that someone fitted his shoes. ^^ Love the prints in Lia Belle's apartment.
xoxo Sandra

http://glamirrorous.com

 

Blogger Aimée said ... (7:59 AM) : 

Love the story of the Prada shoes. I will love to see them on as well!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:03 AM) : 

The dog looks confused. Wonderful paintings. I recognize the Vermeer, but does anyone know who painted the old man smoking?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:07 AM) : 

I also have problem with the shoes size!Very very beautiful photos all in the colours of the sky!

 

Blogger Swanny said ... (8:09 AM) : 

Tiny feet! I also have the same issue as Ms Belle. I will mental note this crafty idea for future reference.

http://thenewsoftshoe.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Nadine2point0 said ... (8:16 AM) : 

I love her insistence and innovation to have those shoes! Lovely photos. That pug put a smile instantly on my face this morning!
Happy Monday everyone.

 

Blogger Coco and Zaahb said ... (8:17 AM) : 

Wow all that for a pair of shoes? I think it was worth it



Http://cocozaahb.com

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (8:24 AM) : 

Fun post. Love her resourcefulness! And while I do like all of the photos, I adore the first photo!

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (8:31 AM) : 

I guess she really, really had to have those shoes.

I wonder if that operation could be performed on a man's Hermes tie?

 

Blogger no-more-wire-hangers said ... (8:31 AM) : 

that pooch!!!!!!! so CUTE!

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (8:37 AM) : 

fabulous shoes

 

Anonymous Stirling said ... (8:40 AM) : 

Aussies - adapt and overcome...
Hope you enjoyed our beautiful city.
Great recent photos.

 

Blogger ginjin3 said ... (8:40 AM) : 

love these kind of stories. thanks.

 

Blogger Christina said ... (8:49 AM) : 

that first photo is so amazing! love the colortones as well!

 

Blogger Oh Dear Charlotte said ... (8:49 AM) : 

love the shoes!!! i have found the best shoe maker and i believe that is one secret a girl should take to the grave- the things he has done for me, i don't want to share!!!

http://ohdearcharlotte.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (8:56 AM) : 

Hah! This is me in reverse. I wear a size 10 with a AA heal. Thirty years ago when I was this young ladies age, this was not a common size for women's shoes unless you purchased the much higher priced designer shoes and even then the stores only carried a few size tens. Finding a pump was next to impossible. I used to have dreams of walking into shoe stores filled with only my size shoe. Every kind of shoe my imagination could think of. Now, I can find just about anything I want. Times have changed. Back to your young lady. I love her Prada shoes and the work she and her cobbler went to so she can have what she wants. She is fashion forward and savvy with her money too. I like her taste, her choice of colors, and her inspiration prints. What does the rest of her look like? One can only imagine, but I picture a lovely smiling face filled with joy and the excitement of youth! Youth is your theme this month!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM) : 

Amazing! Love the shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:31 AM) : 

hmm if i paid that much i would expect the shoe to fit.

loved the second print ... i think it is an old malay man smoking a rollie. delectable piece! how lovely the original painting must be.

 

Blogger iliketweet said ... (9:31 AM) : 

I LOVE the picture with the dog, it's properly lovely :)

tweet tweet tweet

x

 

Blogger Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said ... (9:32 AM) : 

Ha, that's an idea for the future! I wonder if it would work the other way around - like if they only have very small sizes and I need to have the shoes bigger... hmmmmmm :)

 

Blogger Marc said ... (9:36 AM) : 

Channelint Elliot Erwitt are we?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

I love the story about the shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:38 AM) : 

Sorry Sart, but somebody who goes all that trouble and money to get a specific pair of shoes has the wrong priorities in life for me!

 

Blogger pinky said ... (9:54 AM) : 

now THAT is a shoe freak.

 

Blogger CG said ... (9:58 AM) : 

I LOVE that first photo! I would hang it on my wall! Sooo amazing- cute dog, chic clothes/shoes, and beautiful composition!

 

Blogger saradowle said ... (10:01 AM) : 

Sweet shoes, love the colour, and very sweet dog!

 

Blogger Cotton Socks said ... (10:07 AM) : 

that dog is sooooooo darn cute!!!!

 

Blogger Melissa said ... (10:08 AM) : 

that dog is soo cute.

 

Blogger the coolbirth kid said ... (10:26 AM) : 

what a scrappy,
ingenuitive type of lady;
just my type.

 

Blogger Klever Girl said ... (10:35 AM) : 

OH HOW LOVELY!

 

Blogger Nhi said ... (10:44 AM) : 

1st one is adorable :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 AM) : 

I believe one day pugs will take over the world because they simply ROCK!!

 

Blogger Style Realist said ... (11:15 AM) : 

I'm a big believer in shelling out extra money for alterations, so long as you get the fit you want and know you'll make good use once the fit is perfected...so, cool stuff with the shoes...

http://thestylerealist.blogspot.com

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (11:21 AM) : 

Wow, I love the first photo! Dogs are the best. Also, the shoes are cute and I love how she had them altered. x

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Anonymous mindy said ... (11:28 AM) : 

love how the pug's leash matches her shoes!

 

Blogger Izzen said ... (11:34 AM) : 

Such beautiful shoes!

http://izzenxoxo.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:41 AM) : 

Oh cute dog!!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

The top one is very Elliot Erwitt.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37038099@N08/3466131867/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:52 AM) : 

It was the shoe repair shop that was the true genius here. I wondered if it'd take a special shop to do this kind of alterations. The Prada shoes looked exquisite!

 

Blogger Johanna Urban said ... (12:07 PM) : 

I love this post!! and the first photo with the dog is so good, love it!!

xx

ART,http://johannaurban.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:33 PM) : 

I love what she did with those shoes, such ingenuity! She has great style, anyone who loves pugs does. (I love pugs.) And she obviously was inspired in her shoe choice of blue by the blue in the Vermeer and the Indonesian print.

 

Blogger Biana said ... (12:37 PM) : 

I love that first picture, it's sooooo adorable!
xx Biana


www.littlesomething-something.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Walter Helena Photography said ... (12:47 PM) : 

That is incredibly thrifty and committed. Lovely.

 

Blogger Kyle said ... (12:50 PM) : 

@Laguna Beach Trad

it definitely can.

 

Blogger Anna said ... (12:59 PM) : 

I just got your book. It's amazing! thank you.

 

Blogger Skytsengelmin said ... (1:30 PM) : 

oh, i just love these Prada-shoes. They are amazing!

www.jesuisunereveuse.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:30 PM) : 

Love the first photo. Those dogs are the best at the "Wha...who, me?" look. Interesting story about the shoes. I really enjoy your snippets that come with the photo, Sart!

 

Blogger Pearl Westwood said ... (1:33 PM) : 

I am impressed with the cobbler she found, I have never heard that something like that could be done. I have so many shoes that could have been fixed had I been able to find a cobbler willing to go that extra mile. I have a pair of boots that only need re-lining but I simply cannot find anyone who can do it, such a shame that more people don't see the beauty in saving something rather than buy a cheap replacement. I applaud her!

 

Blogger Em-Jae said ... (1:49 PM) : 

aw, pug-people love their pugs -- and this one really steal's this post's thunder :)

i'm very intrigued by this shoe story... thank you for sharing!

ThroughTheButtonHole.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Madame B. NYC said ... (2:02 PM) : 

WOW -- who knew you could do such a thing --- WOW i have the tiniest feet and as such my shoe wardrobe is pitiful... there is hope yet! Thanks for this post!!

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (2:03 PM) : 

How could I have missed the photograph of Lia? It was there before wasn't it? If so, I need to make sure I'm always wearing my glasses from this point on. Wow, she is everything imagined! Looks like the metallic shoes she has on in the second photo of her are Prada too? Not sure. Anyway, she's lovely.

 

Blogger FlashFash said ... (2:21 PM) : 

Really love the first print. There's something about it that is so pretty and mysterious.

http://flashfashfash.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous men's t-shirts said ... (2:39 PM) : 

That dog's a born poser!

 

Blogger juju ariel said ... (2:40 PM) : 

what an adorable dog.

 

Anonymous Design Fixation said ... (2:58 PM) : 

So I thought I'd comment on how freakin' cute the pug is. But, um, looks like that's not a very original idea.

But in addition to the pug's precious face, I love how the owner has matched the pug's leash to her shoes! Fabulous.

 

Blogger Natalia said ... (3:10 PM) : 

love it! specially the 2nd print;)

The (im)Perfect Harmony

 

Anonymous Kazuko said ... (3:14 PM) : 

not only lovely imagery. loved the story as well - could have been me. good idea actually :)

 

Blogger taryn said ... (3:32 PM) : 

Now THAT is commitment, and very clever at that.

~taryn xx

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:34 PM) : 

How smart of her. And what gorgeous shoes. Here I shlep around in shoes too big, or else in shoes that pinch. And after I paid full price.

However, I have sworn off Prada. I bought a pair of boots on sale last year and even on sale they were roughly 6oo bucks. They kept making my feet all black and it was hard to get off as it was dye. Also the zipper which ran up the back was hard to do up once the leather bent a bit at the ankle. I flung them to the back of my closet disgusted.

Boo, Prada.

 

Anonymous The Photodiarist said ... (4:12 PM) : 

Ah - you added a new photo. Love that look, especially the silver shoes and the leopard belt.

 

Blogger SarahPeslar said ... (4:22 PM) : 

wow completely glamorous, plus totally love the shoes :) !




http://fashionsmind.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger SarahPeslar said ... (4:22 PM) : 

wow completely glamorous, plus totally love the shoes :) !




http://fashionsmind.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:24 PM) : 

The Prada shoes are so beautiful!!!!!

XOXO

welovenew-york.blogspot.com

 

Blogger karina said ... (4:31 PM) : 

i feel better just to see this great pictures,especially the first.

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (4:50 PM) : 

The composition of the first picture is great - & more interesting than the 'Vermeer'.

Congrats!

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

http://www.davidranc.com/

 

Anonymous Wyroby Wełniane said ... (4:53 PM) : 

Great Idea for remaking the shoes :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:02 PM) : 

Screw the pooch. Toe cleavage is sexy. Word to the wise.

 

Blogger CW said ... (5:02 PM) : 

Nice puggy.

 

Blogger the nickel fit said ... (5:04 PM) : 

awesome skirt/pup combo

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:10 PM) : 

So smart... I'm taking note!!! I always find sale shoes too big and this is a fantastic idea... and I love her shoes!! Won't forget this...

xox

glamalert.com./glambassador

 

Blogger Saffron said ... (5:12 PM) : 

Very, very inspiring!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:22 PM) : 

i make shoes for the opera in Brussels, Belgium.`such a great idea, i am also a shoetuner.i give workshops
WWW.SHOETUNING.BE

 

Anonymous Claire M. said ... (5:30 PM) : 

That first picture is priceless...However, my heart belongs to the third photo of the girl with the blonde hair and that beautiful outfit! The gorgeus seafoam jacket with the pink skirt and silver heels.....My favorite thing about it, and what makes the shot, is her little leopard-print belt nipping in the waist. Such a lovely detail.

 

Anonymous Wyroby Wełniane said ... (5:30 PM) : 

By the way, I love the first picture. The dog has an incredible look :)

 

Anonymous Maija said ... (5:32 PM) : 

Lia Bella looks like fun. Her style captures something I cherish above anything else-taste. Tiniest details that make a dull looking outfit look superbe(the belt),mixing yet matching(!) and having fun but in style. Love the first and the third pic! The dress on the first is a dream.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:39 PM) : 

Why does everyone like pugs? They're very ugly dogs. On top of that, they're defective.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/dog-breeders-issue-massive-recall-of-07-pugs,2206/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

It's amazing how lusting after a pair of shoes can bring out such creative problem solving. I'm not sure any pair could tempt me that much, but for real shoe freaks, this was an ingenious solution.

 

Anonymous Curro said ... (6:55 PM) : 

no one can see the difference, but u know the difference. There she is paying the brand, not the shoe.

 

Blogger Jessica said ... (6:55 PM) : 

ooo wee fabulous picture alert. that dog shot is awesome!

 

Anonymous Burgini said ... (7:30 PM) : 

Love the first pic... The dog's leash is even coordinated with the oh so lovely shoes!

 

Blogger Those For Bad Boys said ... (7:33 PM) : 

The white wall tiling on the third page is amazing...Would love to know if they are bespoke??

http://architecturalized.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:08 PM) : 

Any chance a girl could find out where she goes to get her shoes fixed by someone so amazing?? Good cobblers are hard to come by these days.

 

Blogger Christina said ... (8:38 PM) : 

I have small feet too. If I could find a good cobbler that would do that for me, I'd buy tons of shoes that are a size or two larger than mine...great story.

fridayswithcilantro.blogspot.com

 

Blogger flybynightkarmarepair said ... (8:41 PM) : 

The first photo is notable not ONLY for the adorable pug with the "WTF?" look, but also the study of that awesome skirt. The detailing, the way it hangs, oooo, that's good.

The third photo is, as a previous commenter noted, the true prize of this series. I see SOOO many people of all 4 genders dressed in a uniform of black and/or denim on the streets of San Francisco - this woman would put them all to shame, in a good way. Subtle, fem, and breaking the mold that so many others feel they have to conform to so that they can look "alternative" and non-conformist. Pace the hipster sitting next to her...I like his ginger coloring (genetics, no fault of his, but his close beard put emphasis on it) and his glasses. I'll give him his jeans, as the dirt near the front pockets makes it look like he works for a living, but overall James Dean did it better 54 years ago.
Shake the loser, Lia.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:17 PM) : 

Coming from a girl who wears 4.5, you can't imagine how tough it is to find shoes and chic ones at that... There was a shoe boutique in NYC (right next to the 59th st bridge) that specialized in high-end shoes like Christian Lacroix and Marc Jacobs starting from size 4 to 5.5 ...They closed last year!!! =(

 

Blogger coffee like poetry said ... (10:34 PM) : 

I love the coffee stained jeans in the third picture. The perfect accessory for any barista!

 

Blogger chung-chiao tai 戴中巧 said ... (10:57 PM) : 

great pics.!the colour inside.specially the bleu....

http://commodestyle.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous BJB said ... (10:57 PM) : 

Smart indeed...and she's given me a new idea.

 

Blogger . said ... (11:41 PM) : 

As flybynightkarmarepair commented, the girl should ditch the hipster! Looking good comes naturally to some, not all.

 

Blogger stylespotterfashionblogger said ... (4:56 AM) : 

These pics are great.. Especially the first one. Very cute!
http://stylespotterfashionblogger.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:43 AM) : 

A look is all in the details, no matter how accidental or effortless. This is why I love the gentleman with the dirt crusted pant and casual black tee.

It is void of any complex grunge-era inspiration - he is likely a cyclist and he happened to get dirty. I love details like that - not dirty in a bad way, just fashionably unkempt.

http://dressedfordinner.wordpress.com

 

Anonymous MatiuGordon said ... (7:15 AM) : 

Great pictures,...Atta girl Lia make those shoes work for you.

 

Anonymous Joanna Roman said ... (7:28 AM) : 

Great photos & cute story!!! The shoes are just so loveable!
And BRAVO for Lia Belle.
It always impress me THE MOST - when people are creative and smart and somehow even economical when looking for being chic, stylish etc.

 

Blogger Anastasia said ... (7:51 AM) : 

love love this post!! what great style and i love that pug...freaking adorable!! perfect expression in your capture!
i also love the peeks into her inspirations and the natural shot outside the cafe!! what a cool couple!!

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (8:45 AM) : 

OMG! The first pic is adorable! The dog is so cute!

www.abitoffashion.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:20 AM) : 

What a dog! He looks like he'd like to have a chat, if he could.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:44 PM) : 

Prada, nice but hurts...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:17 PM) : 

materialism at its best.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:05 PM) : 

prada shoes..

http://bulbizar.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous fashionsdirtylaundry said ... (5:52 PM) : 

I love the painting comparisons!

 

Blogger jh said ... (6:24 PM) : 

no, i adore the unusual juxtaposition of sartorialist girl + grungy hipster cyclist.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:24 PM) : 

I'm not sure I like the shoe-story.. I think you should be able to accept that that very shoe isn't available and wait for the right one. Such tenacity seems to me inappropriate for an object. Sometimes it's nice to let just go!

 

Blogger Drea said ... (7:40 PM) : 

god she's cute. x

 

Blogger Wanderlusting said ... (8:37 PM) : 

It's easier for people who don't understand (ie, don't have tiny feet) to think your "priorities" are all messed up or you should "let go" (as the anon commentor above said) with regards to shoes.


To them I say STFU!



Having tiny feet is a F8cking burden in this day and age because small shoe sizes are on the way out. Shoe stores rarely get more than a few pairs of size 6 and rarely anything less than that.

So to someone who wants a pair of shoes to fit her FOR ONCE then I think Lia Belle had a fantastic idea.


Unless you yourself have small feet and know exactly what it's like to never be able to get a pair of shoes that you like or love, then you really shouldn't comment on the situation at all.... or, in more fitting words, maybe you should walk a mile in someone's (smaller shoes) before you comment :) Hmmmm?

 

Blogger brightlightsbigcity said ... (9:17 PM) : 

so cool...

NEW POSTS
http://watermelonfeet.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous sungirl37 said ... (10:20 PM) : 

What a brilliant idea! So clever!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:59 PM) : 

When you said crafty, I didn't think you meant this crafty. I don't blame her. That pair of Pradas are gorgeous. I still can't believe she purchased them for only 250. What's even more unbelievable, is that you can actually alter the size of a shoe!!!!
Crazy!

 

Blogger Alex.and Ria said ... (12:49 AM) : 

The dog!!

:) http://fashphotomusicology.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Maya said ... (1:33 AM) : 

The shoes! the dog!

http://plasticflowerpeople.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:23 AM) : 

I like blue shoes in first pic.

 

Blogger Sara Lee Bentley said ... (3:56 AM) : 

Totaly genius!
She has great personal style and an adorable little doggie!

www.sarabbentley.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:03 AM) : 

the first photo - turquoise shoes & a hint of turquoise from the back of the leash. amazing!!!!

 

Blogger Tanya Dempsey said ... (1:13 PM) : 

Obsessed with shoes myself, I applaud Lia Belle's ingenuity.

Love your posts, as always.

http://www.novembergrey.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous jaine said ... (2:45 PM) : 

the pug is just to stinkin' cute!

www.brklynview.blogspot.com

 

Blogger ahy i ohy ... said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Mops on the first pic is the best, his face don't need comment

 

Blogger ahy i ohy ... said ... (2:55 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Martha said ... (2:58 PM) : 

I HAVE THOSE PRADA SHOES! My mum thought they were too sparkly for her so gave them to me, but they are a little too big. I'll definitely try and get them altered, they're so beautiful. Favourite blog, bought my mum the book for her birthday.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (6:11 PM) : 

Tiny feet are so sexy!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:26 PM) : 

Hi pug.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:47 AM) : 

In case anyone's interested, in the first picture, the skirt is actually made from an Indian sari. The triangular pattern represents temples. There are different sari patterns that "belong" to different regions of India - I have to confirm with my mom but am pretty sure this one is where my family is from!

Anyways, very cool pic - I love it!

 

Blogger *Anu* said ... (10:13 AM) : 

As an Indian, I second Kohl Girl's observation. Though full-length silk skirts like these are already popular down south of the country, what a wonderful idea to have a skirt of the length she's wearing.i must get down to doing what i've been putting off for long - to forage a silk saree with 'temple border design' from grandmamma's collection and fashion it into a skirt :)

 

Anonymous small said ... (2:21 PM) : 

I understand the pains of tiny feet as I myself have it.
I've been doing online search for small shoes and am not affiliated with this site but they sell really cute shoes in petite sizes.
I wish they had my size of 3.5 though :(

www.pretty-small-shoes.com

 

Anonymous loolah said ... (8:30 PM) : 

I'm 'shuming that's Ms Lia Belle sitting on a bench with a blokey. Whoever it is, I like her top. Both the cut and the colour.

 

Anonymous Tess said ... (1:56 AM) : 

she has amazing style & taste!

 

Blogger Ozwald Boateng said ... (6:24 AM) : 

Yes mate representing the pugs! Love the shot of the pug, seriously, I love pugs.

http://ozwaldboateng.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Rikke said ... (5:15 PM) : 

Love the poochs expression. Fantastic

 

Blogger Gregory said ... (6:48 PM) : 

in regards to that gentleman's pants, I think it's most likely espresso, not dirt (guessing he is a barista) I am a barista as well and often have espresso grounds all over the top half of my pants from wiping my hands/portafilter off on them

regardless, nice set!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12:35 AM) : 

OMG, I didn't know that it is possible to do that...A few weeks ago I found the most beautiful shoes on the fleemarket. They were nearly unworn sixty Bally shoes. I should have bought them...

 

Blogger jazz said ... (7:10 AM) : 

I love the third photo outside the cafe!

 

Blogger Cindy at LottieBird said ... (8:12 AM) : 

I find it intriguing that the shoes are in her hand and not on her feet...this is where I would have those beautiful shoes after about 30 minutes of wear.
Sigh.
Wish I could be a better chic city heel wearer!
It's an ongoing issue for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:56 AM) : 

The first: the friend of Elliot Erwitt dogs?

Geniales! Tanta vida!

 

Blogger MlleV said ... (1:02 PM) : 

Love the first pic --- honing in on the shoes and just part of her skirt, the colors and the dog! Those Prada shoes are GORGEOUS - I'm drooling! I do wonder how long the "re-attached severed" pieces will hold up.

 

Anonymous CurveSmart said ... (1:58 PM) : 

The silver shoes are YSL - I have them in black satin with gold trim... I like her whole outfit in that outdoor shot.

And the pug, of course, like the hundreds above this comment... :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:59 PM) : 

Surely the first pic reflect the Vermeer print? the colour and the form? very subtle.

 

Anonymous Der trendige Robert said ... (7:42 AM) : 

one more thumb up for the first pic!

 

Blogger londoncitizengirl said ... (7:19 PM) : 

i'd love to know the name of her cobbler. and any good alterations places in sydney too... help! thanks.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:30 PM) : 

We all enjoy a splurge once in a while. But I will never understand or accept buying $350 shoes when that money could go to something more ness

Being Sylish doesn't have to be expensive - it only requires two tools: frugality and fabulous creativity. Being a moral human being, however, one who values equity above a transient whim, requires something much more important and impressive: a good heart and a strong mind.

 

Blogger M said ... (5:39 AM) : 

I adore the 3rd one. Happiness. :)

Have a beautiful day.

Fashion Abuse

 

Blogger KenZa said ... (5:55 AM) : 

Mmmmmmmmmmm Love the shoes !!!!

 

Blogger Bunga said ... (8:10 AM) : 

Amazing..smart...:)

 

Blogger Nina Bonita said ... (9:37 AM) : 

I just LOVE this shot! And it became more interesting when I read the story behind it. Every woman should love her shoes as a man would love his car. As a woman who just adores a nice pair of shoes, I give 2 thumbs up to Lia Belle. And of course, praises to the photographer

 

Anonymous Lalu said ... (11:39 AM) : 

First photo is great!! LOVE IT!

 

Blogger Sox L. Cillian said ... (7:57 AM) : 

the dog is so amazing!!
and may I ask what type of camera you use? Already thanks:)

www.soxie-gal.blogspot.com

 

Blogger thurston said ... (10:43 AM) : 

love the shoes

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:19 PM) : 

Those Prada heels are so gorgeous! I can't get over how amazing they are! And the whole "making the shoe smaller" thing....WOW. I didn't even know you could do that!

 

Anonymous Market Publique said ... (11:36 AM) : 

Whoa! Smart lady indeed!
This shoe alteration advice is more than dangerous- Now I am encouraged to buy shoes even if they don't fit!!!
Where did she get this done? I rather not find out who can alter shoes by trial and error...

 

Anonymous ihaveitinpeach.blogspot.com said ... (7:22 PM) : 

Lia Belle is so lovely! Way to represent Aussie girls x

 

Blogger TheHappyHomemaker said ... (12:52 PM) : 

First photo = Cover of your next book!

Or maybe the last photo with the awesome shoes...

 

Anonymous Jeri said ... (9:23 AM) : 

That is fantastic ! I live in Sydney, where is this amazing cobbler ?

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting