This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street... Summer Denim p.1, Florence

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

On the Street... Summer Denim p.1, Florence

Comments on "On the Street... Summer Denim p.1, Florence"

 

Blogger Mary Beth said ... (9:24 AM) : 

I avoid denim in the summer as much as I can...It's just too hot!

I app-solutely ♥
my ✄ Fabric U ✄
iPhone app!
http://tinyurl.com/242bua9

 

Anonymous Lee Oliveira said ... (9:26 AM) : 

Love the way her denim is very versatile for many different looks.
A pair of brown sandals would be nice too.
LOx

 

Blogger Love Food said ... (9:27 AM) : 

Really like the denim dress. And like how she's plaited her hair.

http://allthingsnicestyle.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Kim said ... (9:35 AM) : 

I don't really like the low waist and stuffed pockets, and I seem to never get used to boots with bare legs, so not my favorite, sorry! But I like the attitude of this girl :)


stylebyserendipity.blogspot.com

 

Blogger FASHION SNAG said ... (9:37 AM) : 

I love denim in the summer and her look is perfect with the flat boots!

www.FashionSnag.com

 

Blogger Jennie Nguyen said ... (9:42 AM) : 

love the denim!

xx http://asianeyedgirl.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger zoé smaille said ... (9:45 AM) : 

a-do-rable!
but poor feet...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:47 AM) : 

I love the nail polish

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:55 AM) : 

I noticed you like buttonned up sleeves!

 

Blogger Michelle Bobb-Parris said ... (9:55 AM) : 

I agree with Lee! I've done/will be doing a couple of posts on summer denim as well (girls and boys).

Love her pose.

Mish

http://whoisbobbparris.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:57 AM) : 

nice

 

Blogger The Baker said ... (9:57 AM) : 

This look is great! I love the braid and the bright nails. I also thinks she looks slightly like Crystal Renn.
But...you couldn't pay me enough to wear leather boots like that on a hot day like today.

getyourowncake.blogspot.com

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (9:59 AM) : 

fabulous dress...very cool

 

Anonymous Giovanella said ... (10:10 AM) : 

love the electric blue nail polish! perfetto!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10:12 AM) : 

Absolutely fab. It is such an easy styling but with a huge impact. I love this way of attitude.

 

Blogger Michelle Bobb-Parris said ... (10:12 AM) : 

PS - love her fluro nail paint too!

M

http://whoisbobbparris.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Best of Beehive said ... (10:19 AM) : 

Most denim dresses are terrible, but this one shows how shoes and jewelry can do a lot to make it more grown up.

 

Blogger A La Mode said ... (10:22 AM) : 

She has a beautiful expression

 

Blogger Kaila said ... (10:26 AM) : 

LOVE it!!

http://cestclassique.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger TorontoVerve Street Style said ... (10:32 AM) : 

Great outfit and shot.


www.torontoverve.org

 

Blogger Nadine2point0 said ... (10:38 AM) : 

Not sure about the brick she's carrying in her breast pocket....? Denim is always a classic though :)

 

Anonymous Círculo Yarns - Brazil said ... (10:39 AM) : 

Love the photo, so so the outfit...

 

Anonymous Garance said ... (10:42 AM) : 

Nail Polish !!! :-)

 

Blogger Alicja said ... (10:53 AM) : 

I love denim shirts! Her dress is a great alternative for summertime. Turquoise nails look fantastic :)

 

Blogger Birgitte said ... (11:03 AM) : 

Loveee this!

xoxo Birgitte
http://fashionaccordingtobirgitte.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Notes From ABroad said ... (11:06 AM) : 

I love the boots with the denim shirt/dress.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Really been looking for a denim shirt.........

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Denim is everywhere these days.

I cannot say the look convinces me: the shirt/dress is built like one of those soft / unstructured bags, the pockets give the impression that she has two pairs of breast, one pair hanging incredibly low, like a 60+ mamma.

The boots also make the silhouette extremely heavy. This young person is stunning, she has got great legs, and a body most women would die for (even if it would be slightly unproductive to die after getting a new body). The silhouette is not making the best use of her assets. Not at all. I may sound old fashioned but I think one should dress according to their body and keeping in fashion as much as possible within those constraints (rather than following fashion avidly, against your body).

I find great inspiration in the background though: the mix of textures, colours; the atmosphere...

Thanks for sharing.

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:15 AM) : 

Denim in summer? Uggh. Temperatures in Florence must be much, much chillier than in the Northeastern US where I live.

Frankly, I hope to live to see the day that the modern world gets over its fetishist fascination with denim.

 

Blogger Ninjagaiden78 said ... (11:18 AM) : 

A denim dress? Nice, I like it........

windowshop78.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:27 AM) : 

Great look! I love her posture and expression as well, beautiful.

younggentsguide.blogspot.com

 

Blogger A said ... (11:28 AM) : 

Love the nail polish too!

http://blowalittlekiss.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Comme Coco said ... (11:31 AM) : 

That colour just pops all over the place!

Great shot. I love her je-ne-sais-quoi attitude.

 

Blogger Théa Unknown said ... (11:34 AM) : 

the pictures is pretty and her outfit is so good! Like it!

xx


http://theaisunknown.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous ese_isra said ... (11:48 AM) : 

espectacular! love her facial expression and her pony tail...!

 

Blogger loca said ... (11:48 AM) : 

I like her braid here, how it's lose and formless at the top but comes together at the bottom just enough to accentuate her angular face.

 

Blogger Romano. said ... (11:59 AM) : 

Brown shoes would´ve been better in my opinion, but the nail polish is superb.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:03 PM) : 

I love this look but I have to say their summers aren't like my summers; living in Texas these summer looks are more like Autumn.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:04 PM) : 

another reason to love denim. great color and look!
and "the brick" is a utilitarian statement.



-jann

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (12:11 PM) : 

It's cute but I would never be brave enough to wear it without something underneath! Denim here in California by the beach is perfect...it's usually a bit cooler and at night actually gets cold.

 

Blogger Miss K said ... (12:13 PM) : 

I love her look! The shoes are great

http://carlandtheprepster.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger CW said ... (12:20 PM) : 

I love the way this dress shows off this woman's legs. However, I think that the pocket would be more attractive if placed below the waist.

The warm weather cries for lighter footwear as a practical matter, but the boots are attractive.

 

Anonymous Shamini said ... (12:46 PM) : 

lovely!

xoxo

 

Blogger The Original Swedish Blonde! said ... (12:49 PM) : 

Oh she's gorgeous. Totally my style :lol: Love it!

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (12:59 PM) : 

Not an attractive dress but great legs! The boots look good with it but I have to agree with CW about warm weather and lighter clothing. Perfect for fall though!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:59 PM) : 

boots? in July? There are 40 degrees in the shade!

C.

 

Blogger Contact said ... (1:16 PM) : 

ive been getting really into the denim trend lately!!

<33
heelsandinspiration.blogspot.com

 

Blogger MY REPUBLIC OF FASHION said ... (1:40 PM) : 

Beautiful, love her outfit.SarahD

 

Blogger Luzmaría Alam said ... (1:40 PM) : 

I like the boots :)

 

Blogger "Guppy" Honaker said ... (1:47 PM) : 

The blog owner states that a glitch on Blogger's part is not showing the correct number of comments. As of Tues at 10:45 am (July 6) the front page shows that there are 3 comments on this blog, whereas there are actually 47 comments posted (not counting the one I'm writing now). Anyway, the outfits shown are beautiful. But I had to comment on the photographer of the first - the way the purse is placed the model looks pregnant! (Or, maybe she is and they're trying to hide the fact with the handbag?)

- David

Aloe Vera 101
Holistic Health Info.
Forever Living Products

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:13 PM) : 

Denim dresses, if loose and short, can be comfortable when it is hot.

Those shoes on the other hand, I can not believe to be anything but terribly hot and uncomfortable in the summer. The boots come out as trendy-pretentious and ruin what would be such a perfect look. Dressing against the weather to follow a trend is always a bit tacky.

Great photo btw, wonderful composition and I love the colors of the crates and background.

 

Blogger Linda said ... (2:13 PM) : 

Very nice dress!

http://lillyshoppingpassion.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:44 PM) : 

She's a dead ringer for Rachel Weisz. Love the light blue nail polish.

 

Anonymous Tailleur d'Images said ... (2:51 PM) : 

Nice one, between a dress and a chemise.

 

Blogger extreme chic said ... (3:11 PM) : 

Cool mix. Summery, but with a piece of rock'n'roll :)

Gretings

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:15 PM) : 

love this shot
so personable


http://pieinmypants.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:28 PM) : 

Beautiful color on that dress! I really like this kind of denim, which is not the traditional twill fabric, but a plain weave that has been indigo dyed. It works even better for shirts and dresses.

 

Blogger ITSOLA said ... (3:28 PM) : 

Love it!


http://itsola.blogspot.com/
http://shopitsola.com/

 

Anonymous Dana said ... (3:33 PM) : 

Hot lady!

 

Blogger Cely said ... (4:14 PM) : 

love denim in summer.

so beautiful girl


leboudoirmonster.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:27 PM) : 

I love denim, especially when it's done differently, loose and easy. This dress is great, with the draw string at the hips, and the button up sleeve. I like bare legs in the summer, a slight tan, and the boots. Gives it a slightly tough look, with an otherwise girly outfit.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:08 PM) : 

Beautiful picture! and super hot combination: denim+side bride
simply amazing!
xo

 

Blogger The Fashion Began said ... (5:13 PM) : 

sooo cutt !! adorei o vestido de denim.. super em alta, com a bota preta para o look ficar mais hardy menos girly.

 

Anonymous dvestv said ... (5:26 PM) : 

Wow! that lady is so adorable. And I like her outfit, she perfectly looks so cool.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:26 PM) : 

As a static pose everything looks great to me.
It may be a different story though if I saw her walking in the same outfit.

The boots may be a bit to sloshy for me.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:32 PM) : 

I love this look!! The running short-like slit on the side is just killer. Amazing with her lovely legs.

 

Blogger stylista said ... (6:10 PM) : 

I love it! The romper is so chic!

allthingsvogue.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:14 PM) : 

Love the chanel nail polish!

 

Blogger SabinePsynopsis said ... (6:28 PM) : 

The comment swallowing was such a nuisance and some lovely ones have not appeared on my blog.
Aaanyway - great way to wear denim. Cool and airy, and the boots are great too.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:46 PM) : 

Hello old friend, left my hot Texas and went to the Balcans for some cool weather, I found it. I also found wet weather and not many fashionistas. I guess is time to go to the Baleares....

Why no more vintage pictures? You didn't like my 108 years old Dad? :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:56 PM) : 

tres Nouvelle Vague! haha

et tres belle femme, aussi...

 

Anonymous Tabitha said ... (7:04 PM) : 

Very qute outfit! Her shape is perfect for this!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:34 PM) : 

Ick, very bad saggy-boob-ish pockets and fugly boots that seem reserved for salted sleety roads.

Gorgeous girl-- but bella, empty your pockets and put some ballerina flats or sandals on.

 

Blogger lu said ... (8:22 PM) : 

this looks so HOT --temperature speaking--but in theory i love denim dresses in summer

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:35 PM) : 

I'm old enough to think her top should be longer, or she should have worn the tunic over something. It just looks like she forgot pants.

 

Blogger Eilish said ... (8:41 PM) : 

love her dress. she's also very pretty (:


http://faialofa.blogspot.com

 

Blogger M said ... (8:55 PM) : 

her look would not be as cool without those boots

 

Blogger Emily McGuire said ... (9:19 PM) : 

I love lightweight denim! But I agree with David Ikus on this one; I don't think the fabric is used most effectively to show how well light denim fabric usually fits, flows and works with the body. I think the gathering is too weak and the split, too awkward.

Killer nails, though!

I just bought a lightweight denim dress from my local op-shop for a measily $10, handmade and trimmed with quilt-fabric binding.

Photos up soon!


www.whatinthenameoflove.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Shirley said ... (1:51 AM) : 

So in love with her nail polish!

stainsintheuniform.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Faith said ... (2:19 AM) : 

She's so pretty! I love her necklace. The tiniest things count in fashion :)

xo
Faith
http://preludestoadream.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2:53 AM) : 

Jeans is uber cool ;))About the boots ..I'm more keen on sandals which "cuts the leggs" in a same way boots do..like this one :

http://www.polyvore.com/buy_spring_summer_2010_flat/thing?id=15169303

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:56 AM) : 

Logically, I should hate this, since I generally dislike dropped & bloused waists, anything tunic-like, and short skirts. But I love her look! She just seems cool and confident. The excellent boots are probably what make it work--sandals would be obvious, flats twee, and heels... don't even want to think about it. The boots tone down the shortness of the skirt and neutralize the potential cutesiness of the waist.

 

Blogger Jack Daniel said ... (3:40 AM) : 

Denim is timeless.

 

Anonymous Nick said ... (4:57 AM) : 

One of those rare occasions when that much denim can look tres chic...she wears it well

 

Anonymous Alexandra said ... (5:03 AM) : 

the the dress and the simple plait.

http://herribbonsandherbows.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger ... said ... (5:13 AM) : 

love the denim

http://loresfashion.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Monika said ... (5:37 AM) : 

totally agree with "M" above me...
boots make this outfit rock!

 

Anonymous proletarian Great Gatsby said ... (7:28 AM) : 

I like the background of the photo.It's different.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 AM) : 

perhaps a frontal photo would do something other than a draped look. posture matters.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:04 AM) : 

adore the denim - would go amazingly with this bag http://www.ss-aw.com/bags/miu-miu-denim-large-denim-tote-fabric-blue/

 

Blogger Sootjeelina said ... (8:25 AM) : 

I have the same problem!
But very cute dress :D

xoxo Sootjeelina <3

 

Blogger Laguna Beach Fogey said ... (8:37 AM) : 

Great photo, Sart! She is incredibly lovely. It is much too warm to wear a denim frock, so I would suggest she take it off. And those boots...! It's like 1985 all over again.

 

Anonymous Raquel said ... (8:44 AM) : 

I loved the composition of the colours in this photo,the photos are always amazing but this look is very disappointing.

Its too short to wear with nothing underneath,too bagy and I agree with what someone else has said: wearing boots in summer,just to make your look cool,its wat too tacky!same with denim.

Love your blog, keep up the great work!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:53 AM) : 

Gorgeous girl. Put her in a sack and she would still look gorgeous. Oh, wait, she is in a sack. A denim one.

Her blue nails are also nasty looking but with a face like that, who cares?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:54 AM) : 

Hmmmmm....top half OK...but those boots just look cheap

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:14 AM) : 

With a face that beautiful who notices the nail polish?? Bellissima.

 

Blogger Román Iglesias said ... (10:15 AM) : 

LOVE LOVE LOVE I FELT IN LOVE

Beautifull dress

http:/coolneeded.blogspot.com

 

Blogger pinky said ... (10:22 AM) : 

no verve

 

Blogger Amir Olavi said ... (10:24 AM) : 

love it, she's gorgeous. amazing face. very romantic look in my opinion, there's a runaway child, gypsy-like feel in this photo. the combination of dark blue denim and black leather works well. love how the boots are worn out.

imbricate

 

Anonymous Agnes said ... (12:20 PM) : 

I like the color of her nails the most about her outfit. The dress and the shoes are kept in rather plain colors but this little spark of turquoise makes the way she dresses more interesting and serves as a nice little accessory.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:50 PM) : 

Nice, this has a native american feel to it with the braids, the jewelry, the moccasin-like boots.

 

Blogger Lucas Jones said ... (2:16 PM) : 

that face!


http://lucasjonesart.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:24 PM) : 

Gorgeous face & I love her hair color and boots <3
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SkinandWood

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (7:12 PM) : 

I love the dress, too bad about the overstuffed pockets a purse of some kind would have been better. But, the look is fabulous. I love the boots in summer! I have worn them with short dresses in summer (in my youth) countless times. Of course, I used to live in San Diego in a beach community so a pair of shortie boots was just fine. Hell, I used to wear Doc's and combat boots in the summer too. This young woman is beautiful, love the hair and the sultry look. Just grab a purse the next time:)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:13 AM) : 

smitten

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:32 PM) : 

Strike a pose.

 

Blogger Izzen said ... (8:55 AM) : 

Hurrah for denim!

http://izzenxoxo.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Ivan Cavric said ... (1:58 PM) : 

Looks Good
Ivan Cavric

 

Blogger Marge said ... (4:10 PM) : 

I love this photo! And if anyone has any idea where I could get this dress/one similar to it please let me know!

 

Anonymous Mukesh kumar said ... (2:40 AM) : 

Nice pictures,
Its the beautiful fashions
u have showed in this blogs

 

Blogger thwany said ... (2:55 PM) : 

she's so damn mother f'n cool!

 

Anonymous chinese antique said ... (12:09 PM) : 

she's hot!

 

Anonymous Ashley said ... (7:58 PM) : 

Very Pretty young lady! Cute dress

 

Blogger Lin said ... (2:53 AM) : 

I don't know what it is but I just can't bring myself to like this dress. I think it is wear that waistline/drawstring falls on her. It is distorting and I find it to be a bit off. I love her nails, but most of all I love the naturalness of her face. Such a beauty.

 

Anonymous Marisa said ... (12:24 PM) : 

obviously I have to write it differently: she is beautiful and wears a nice necklace, her nailpolish is interisting, but I still insist that her dress is as unflattering as it could be. Too short in a strange way and the waist too low. Denim in summer. Pockets in the wrong place. For my sensation her proportions are disturbed by the dress.
I don't like it.

 

Anonymous Laura Falck said ... (11:42 AM) : 

She's gorgeous but her outfit is boring me, this is what college students in Portland, Or (USA) wear everday, I'm over it as a fashion statement

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:26 PM) : 

I have this dress!!! Its from Zara. Is so cool to find some clothes here that we have in our closet and they use too in all over the world!!!!
I love it! I used to wear with bikinis because for us in Brazil is like a "pool dress". Love it!!!

 

Blogger Uptown Twirl said ... (3:53 PM) : 

cute cute cute, Denim is always so cool

 

Anonymous Laura said ... (11:57 AM) : 

Sooooo amaaaazing. I've done a whole post on Jean fashion and Denim on my blog and actually Daria Werbowie (sorry if i miss spelled her name) is wearing a chemise dress very similar to this one. I want. Where can I get it?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:10 PM) : 

A modern look, also juvenil

 

Anonymous photo friend said ... (4:51 PM) : 

i love the attitude of the girl, somehow relaxed. just staying there as if there was no photographer! i think her clothes are terrible, don´t like her shoes nor her denim dress, but it disappears behind her enourmus expression! like the picture!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting