This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street.....After Louis Vuitton, Paris

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

On the Street.....After Louis Vuitton, Paris

Comments on "On the Street.....After Louis Vuitton, Paris"

 

Anonymous Vanessa said ... (4:43 PM) : 

As much as I love all of your shots, I have to say really miss the more regular images of regular, non-industry folks. Of course they dress with a certain precision, but it always seems somewhat less creative. Not to mention less accessible to the rest of us. Come on, Scott, we can't all afford Prada.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:43 PM) : 

Shoes!!! amazing... where are they from?

 

Blogger van said ... (4:46 PM) : 

I've never been a fan of fringe on anything, but man, those shoes ... are rad ...

 

Blogger Inspiration exists said ... (4:48 PM) : 

Love the color combination, the zipper detail and above all the smile and the playful attitude. Fashion should be fun.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:49 PM) : 

Love her sandals!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:50 PM) : 

I love that rich colour RED

 

Blogger Rachael said ... (4:51 PM) : 

Such a cute photo...love her shoes!!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Laura said ... (4:52 PM) : 

I want her shoes!!!

 

Blogger Gabriel Ugoala said ... (4:56 PM) : 

love her fun fashion spirit and those tassel shoes are worth the show...nice zip detail.

 

Blogger Masha said ... (4:58 PM) : 

She is perfect! Love her red blouse.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:04 PM) : 

oh. oh no. not such a fan of the hair-shirt skirt. a bit too 4th century for my (fashion) taste - looks very coarse and monastic.

love the shoes!
bis
justine

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:06 PM) : 

I want to know who those shoes are by. They are GORGEOUS!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:07 PM) : 

cute shoes and lovely photo! :)
xxx
Catflicks

 

Blogger Eire said ... (5:12 PM) : 

I have to say that I'm in love with those shoes!

http://eire-designs.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous cricket said ... (5:13 PM) : 

her hair, I need her hair!! Shoes divine, oah and her tactile ensemble pure joy, but its the Joana Preiss hair that makes the image for me..

 

Blogger from the Lady Philosopher said ... (5:13 PM) : 

rockin attitude.
visit me at:
http://theskyofstars.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger cookingmind said ... (5:15 PM) : 

I love this skirt!!! thanks for your blog.

 

Anonymous Naftali Stern @ The Bohmerian said ... (5:18 PM) : 

WOW that really is a great outfit!! I wonder if tassel shoes for men will soon be back...

theBohmerian.com

 

Blogger Melissa said ... (5:21 PM) : 

love the colour of her top

http://lavie-amonavis.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Luana said ... (5:26 PM) : 

Che classe! ^_^

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:27 PM) : 

Hot

 

Blogger My Heart Blogged said ... (5:29 PM) : 

The shoes are fabulous.
My Heart Blogged

 

Anonymous Mari said ... (5:29 PM) : 

I love how confortable she looks, without missing the colorful fun!

 

Anonymous carole said ... (5:35 PM) : 

Nice style,great shoes...pose not so much.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

The best is the texture of her skirt. love it!

 

Blogger davidikus said ... (5:38 PM) : 

I love her blouse & that shoulder zip. I agree that industry people are v different from other streetstyles but I think they have their place on your blog. There are different sides to fashion; it is good to have a range.

http://davidikus.blogspot.com/
http://www.davidranc.com

 

Anonymous La Femme Française said ... (5:48 PM) : 

I want her skirt!

 

Blogger caribbelle said ... (5:49 PM) : 

I'm loving this look. It's perfect for a cool spring day, the colors add to the warm effect!

 

Blogger Jessie said ... (5:52 PM) : 

she is so adorable! i love her look.

http://wordbyjessie.com

 

Blogger elenoir said ... (5:52 PM) : 

I love these colors, even if she seems still into winter, both for colours and for materials.

However, she's still in trend with FW 2012!

Very chic ;)

http://www.norascrapbook.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said ... (5:55 PM) : 

Love the emotion you captured!

Ah I always feel like I need to totally rework my wardrobe when I see all the amazingly stylish people.


Kendra aka "Domestic Princess in Training"

 

Anonymous Alexis of NorthOnHarper said ... (5:57 PM) : 

Great photo!!! So much fun!!! Makes me smile.....

 

Blogger CINCHED AT THE WAIST said ... (5:57 PM) : 

ooo is her skirt ponyhair? love this playful shot

 

Anonymous LopezJennyLopez said ... (6:05 PM) : 

Love her smile as much as her shoes!!!

 

Anonymous E said ... (6:09 PM) : 

dig the shoes!

 

Blogger JAKARECH said ... (6:09 PM) : 

This is so sublime! Absolutely phenom!!!

http://cestclassique.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Marcelina said ... (6:13 PM) : 

Great shoes!

 

Anonymous Marie said ... (6:25 PM) : 

I like it. But her shoulder looks dislocated? I can't seem to get the blouse in focus... Argh.

 

Anonymous My Linh said ... (6:35 PM) : 

Love her, love her shoes! <3

 

Anonymous BAKER said ... (6:44 PM) : 

well put vanessa.

always great photos, but the more you get just out and about the better! keep it up!

 

Blogger s h a n n o n said ... (6:49 PM) : 

This, my friends, is street fashion. She looks absolutely clazzy. I love the wooly skirt and is that a zipper across the top of her shirt? She looks fabulous.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:51 PM) : 

Ah, yes...the smile of a woman who feels great in her new shoes, and is ready to show them off! She looks great.

 

Blogger Judith Ross said ... (6:55 PM) : 

Love these colors -- and a lot of the colors you showed during fashion week. So rich and lush. One of the best things about fall clothes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:58 PM) : 

love her everything!

 

Anonymous lizelle said ... (7:23 PM) : 

Too bad we can't just google the shoe image for immediate information. Are they LV?

 

Anonymous afrobrownies said ... (7:29 PM) : 

I almost wish she weren't posing. Just so I could get a good look at her whole outfit. That said, I am IN LOVE with her shoes ! Shoe-a-holic, pleased to meet you.

 

Blogger comme fraiche said ... (7:39 PM) : 

I like her long hair, the color blends nicely with her sweater, great smile too!

 

Blogger Monroe Steele said ... (7:40 PM) : 

love this look..that top is amazing

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

 

Blogger Julia Bedolo said ... (7:53 PM) : 

Great hair... very natural! Nice pic!

 

Anonymous style-fever sweden said ... (7:55 PM) : 

We live to inspire, we love to inspire, and we get inspired by you.

 

Blogger Trou, .ma petite cherie said ... (8:02 PM) : 

Gorgeous smile to go with a gorgeous outfit.

 

Blogger ADJ said ... (8:14 PM) : 

Adorable and the shoes are out of sight. She should have taken a slightly different pose though... I'm just sayin'.

www.greeneggsandglam.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Cassandra said ... (8:34 PM) : 

No better accessory than a smile.

 

Blogger Maria Ana said ... (8:36 PM) : 

She looks so sweet, great smile! And shoes;)
www.thebeautylover.blogspot.com

 

Blogger SAMANTHA said ... (9:15 PM) : 

absolutely beautiful. i love love the shoes too! xx


www.dragonnfruit.com

 

Blogger ZHENYA ZHURAVLYOVA said ... (9:38 PM) : 

great smile!!!

 

Blogger Lindsay K said ... (9:52 PM) : 

Her beautiful smile is the best accessory ever.

 

Blogger b said ... (9:54 PM) : 

hahaha i think this is funny, she is standing one of the two ways im known to stand. it annoys the hell out of my friends.

 

Blogger Allie said ... (10:12 PM) : 

I so, so, so want her shoes!! They are awesome!! Nice pic too, very casual and light-hearted.

 

Blogger Bailey Faye said ... (10:18 PM) : 

It all looks so fuzzy!

And I think it's good to have some high fashion as -inspiration-..you can get inspired by everything from a color combo to a silhouette, etc. The idea is not to look at a photo and think "I have to buy exactly that to look good"..it takes a little more creativity than that..

Anyway I'm a fan!

-Bailey Faye, To The 9's

 

Blogger Meredith M Howard said ... (10:26 PM) : 

You are a master at capturing someone's personality with a beautiful background. I don't mind the photos of people in the "industry". It's all about inspiration.

- Meredith
www.findingsoulbalance.blogspot.com

 

Blogger The Fancy Teacup said ... (11:03 PM) : 

What a doll! Her shoes are darling, too.

www.TheFancyTeacup.com
much love.

 

Blogger Julie Iliana said ... (11:05 PM) : 

her confidence is much more beautiful than she is.

I've been a reader of your blog for a long time and I do agree with the first comment very much. while every photograph you capture is amazing, creative and beautiful, I do miss the photographs of those "real" everyday people equally creative as these in the industry.

 

Blogger The Photodiarist said ... (11:47 PM) : 

Love the shoes!

And the skirt.

And definitely the top.

Awesome.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11:52 PM) : 

I am absolutely in LOVE with this womans heels and red blouse!
Check out my trendy blog!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Laurie said ... (12:14 AM) : 

I like her shoes.. and her smile :)

http://mouthmotions.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Lucia said ... (12:27 AM) : 

I love her hair and her smile! She is such a beautiful woman. I like the color of her top/shirt, even if I don't see much of it. The color is wonderful. I don't like the shoes, and I do not like transparent tights with a short skirt, would look much better with much thicker version on the legs.
Who is the lovely woman anyway?

 

Blogger Lisa Petrarca said ... (12:28 AM) : 

She's so cute...love the shoes!

http://lisapetrarca.blogspot.com/2011/03/favorite-finds-fashion-makeup-more.html

 

Blogger pdrajdev said ... (12:50 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Anonymous Amy Creyer said ... (12:52 AM) : 

I love her smile and the way she's posed. Great shot.

http://www.chicagostreetstyle.com/

 

Blogger Aubrey and Melissa said ... (12:55 AM) : 

The fringe trend was never my favorite but I have to say these are incredible shoes.

 

Anonymous meenal @ maison marigold said ... (12:59 AM) : 

love those shoes and the gap-toothed smile!! xx meenal

 

Blogger Mickey said ... (2:34 AM) : 

Love that one.
MM&I

 

Anonymous Matina said ... (2:47 AM) : 

LOVE THE SHOES!!

 

Anonymous Vanna said ... (3:02 AM) : 

I love the shoes. They all look fantastic!!

 

Anonymous Cristina said ... (3:19 AM) : 

I like this photo. To me, it has that The Sartorialist-photo-shooting-touch that brings me to your blog every day. Have to say I was kind of missing that lately.


http://wearingrightnow.wordpress.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:59 AM) : 

Me encanta en general, las sandalias, son una pasada!


Estoy de sorteo en mi blog!

Besos desde ♥ La ropa me vuelve loca!

 

Blogger Cassie Jo - Tofuscloset said ... (4:01 AM) : 

beautiful smile!

 

Anonymous Kazuko said ... (4:02 AM) : 

simply adorable!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:15 AM) : 

I ♥ her outfit...


http://thelittleblackdresneverdiess.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Anula said ... (4:33 AM) : 

Wonderful!!!

 

Blogger MELISSA Z. said ... (4:47 AM) : 

this pic makes me very happy! Great job!

www.abitoffashion.com

 

Blogger Nathalie said ... (5:20 AM) : 

I love these shoes.. Leg up in a skirt *covers eyes* lol

http://www.fashionablefantasy.com

 

Anonymous begentlewithiv said ... (5:21 AM) : 

absolutely perfect!

begentlewitjiv.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5:27 AM) : 

I love your outfit, gorgeous!
XOXO Nicole, VPV Team Member
Check us out & follow @ http://www.shopvpv.com/

 

Blogger Nomadic D. said ... (5:28 AM) : 

LOVE every single item she's wearing. Especially that top! And I love the smile and attitude too, so nice to not see that same old serious pouty pose.

http://nomadic-d.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:55 AM) : 

Love the photo as always, and love the bag too... anyone recognise it and know where it's from?

 

Anonymous db said ... (6:26 AM) : 

Adorable style, I especially like her hair, the skirt and those rich shades of red. I don't especially love the shoes but I guess they make the look more quirky, and she makes them work.

The pose is natural and fun, and she does seem like a happy person. Well done!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:59 AM) : 

Such an amazing smile! :)

 

Blogger Liza Chloë said ... (7:03 AM) : 

STYLE! CLASS!

http://lizachloe.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Tim Yan said ... (7:17 AM) : 

great picture

 

Blogger Brenna Ryan said ... (7:58 AM) : 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, will someone PLEASE identify the SHOES!

 

Anonymous Ana Magnolia said ... (8:21 AM) : 

The shoes!!! Where are they from?!

 

Anonymous Vanessa said ... (8:38 AM) : 

@pdrajdev
I completely understand what you mean, and understand Mr. Schuman's point (I know he's brought this up before on the blog and also in the introduction of his book, which I love). However, the point that I was trying to make is not that I DON'T want to see high end anymore, but rather that the blog seems solely dedicated to high end these days, as opposed to the broader focus it used to have. If this is the direction Mr. Schuman feels more comfortable with, that's fine, but it certainly make things less interesting for me.
Just an observation from a long-time reader.

 

Blogger Rackk and Ruin said ... (9:23 AM) : 

The stylish lady is Antonine Peduzzi - One half of bag design team TL-180

 

Blogger fashionxxi said ... (9:24 AM) : 

I love her style! Nice photo

 

Blogger Maryam Maquillage said ... (9:48 AM) : 

love the fringe on the shoes... so effortless

http://fixyourfacemakeup.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:29 AM) : 

I love her hair! The skirt and shoes looks so good with the sweater! I'm amazed by the sweater's zipper!

 

Anonymous Best of Beehive said ... (10:56 AM) : 

I can't tell what top she's wearing, but I love the skirt and those sandals. Never seen anything like that before.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:01 AM) : 

Everything about her, stunning.

 

Blogger Milica said ... (11:25 AM) : 

Her shoes are so cute!

www.modeuncover.com

 

Blogger Fabi said ... (11:42 AM) : 

Love the look, and the shoes are great!
http://smallfashiondoses.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger pinky said ... (11:57 AM) : 

is that skirt fuzzy?
Totally ADORABLE.

 

Blogger Carmen Vázquez said ... (12:34 PM) : 

the last picture is just wonderful, the girl, her smile, her look it's all amazing!
i am in love with your pictures, keep this way!
http://sequinsbyella.blogspot.com
xox

 

Blogger Cerita Dewasa said ... (2:16 PM) : 

beautiful pictures!
Ilike it!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:04 PM) : 

Finally, a new pose! Thanks!

 

Anonymous Sam said ... (3:16 PM) : 

The shoes are just breathtaking!! The whole outfit is amazing!

http://fashionthroughtravel.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Janet said ... (3:46 PM) : 

Love her shoes!!! can u tell me where are they from?
thank u!!!

 

Blogger pdrajdev said ... (5:06 PM) : 

C'mon Vanessa. Scott addressed this issue in a previous post. Take the idea or concept behind the outfit and work with what you've got. The point of these photographs aren't to make you feel inadequate or insecure about "not being able to afford Prada," but to inspire you by showcasing those with strong style. There's no need to buy expensive designer clothes if you can't- not everyone can, and it doesn't matter. If you can truly appreciate great style, you won't need a designer label to validate that. Think more broadly about what's being shown here, it's the concepts behind the outfits that you should be focusing on (eg. Colour blocking, mixing patterns, playing with proportions and textures, etc.)
My favourite jeans are from the Gap, and I spent $25 on them (with tax!)

That aside, Great Shoes!! AGGHHHH lol

Please check out my blog!
www.pdrajdev.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous thefashionguitar said ... (5:28 PM) : 

Gorgeous!

xo thefashionguitar

 

Blogger Kacrates said ... (5:30 PM) : 

I love her energy and the material on her skirt.

 

Anonymous Jice said ... (5:40 PM) : 

Love this whole shot: the great girl, rich colors, beautiful Parisian architecture and the framing make this so spot-on!

 

Anonymous Becky said ... (6:34 PM) : 

very very nice shoesss <3

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:43 PM) : 

Radiant smile, but yet another post fashion show shot featuring and industry person in the latest.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:50 PM) : 

shoes: louis vuitton
bag : TL-180

 

Anonymous Atessa Nicole said ... (6:59 PM) : 

Antonine!! She is one of the creators for the brand, TL-180! Check them out! I wrote a piece about her on my blog!

-atessa nicole

 

Blogger Big in Japan said ... (7:32 PM) : 

this young lady is the epitome of style and natural charm that lends itself to everything she puts on. it is a clear cut case of making the clothes work and not working for the clothes. fabulous every little Tine(Y) bit

 

Anonymous SPEAKcreativity said ... (10:22 PM) : 

LOVE THE SHOES.

 

Anonymous victoria saulovich said ... (10:26 PM) : 

it's all about the super cute shoes...victoria saulovich

 

Blogger agatazamorska said ... (4:23 AM) : 

Love the shoes!

 

Blogger Tara s Dolce Vita said ... (5:48 AM) : 

Simply gorgeous!

http://tarasdolcevita.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Tiffany J said ... (6:40 AM) : 

that colour looks great!! love this!

http://fashionbleu.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Kel said ... (8:42 AM) : 

Although her shoes are lovely and she is beaming....

I must say this has to be the most "posed" photo that you have captured. And yes I know (via the online mini-doc) that you ask your subjects to "Stop! Stand right there, just like that!" But I feel as though some of the spontaneity and charm that have been captured in older entries has been over-shadowed by poses. I understand blogs evolve, as do people, but I sure do miss some of the "grit" in your photography.

BisousBisous,
Miss Kelly

 

Blogger Jane Soboleva said ... (11:19 AM) : 

love her shoes!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:20 AM) : 

this skirt is so strange... I've never seen anything like that. The red blouse is really interesting too, the zippers are beautiful :)
love the shoes and the bag!

 

Blogger Marcella Alyssa said ... (1:40 PM) : 

Love this! She looks Chilean.

 

Anonymous M said ... (1:48 PM) : 

I think she works for GUCCI

 

Blogger valentinedegeer said ... (2:41 PM) : 

Isn't she the one that created the bags LT-180? (that are breath taken by the way)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 PM) : 

LOVE the shoes!!! And the skirt and the handbag. Where are the shoes especially from?

 

Blogger Laila said ... (4:47 PM) : 

love her sandals!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:28 PM) : 

I don't know where she got this outfit from, but I want it! It's gorgeous, like so many outfits shown on your blog. I wish that these people lived in my city, but given that they don't, I'm glad that I can go on the Sartorialist and see these styles to inspire me. Thank you Sart.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:34 AM) : 

i love the outfit and the contrast between her and the dull background...but can anyone explain whats going down with the postitioning of her shoulder????

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:08 AM) : 

Based on ther appearance in Louis Vuitton's video for the Empreinte collection, and some bit of my photographic memory, I believe the shoes are LV.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:00 PM) : 

these shoes are to die for!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:20 PM) : 

Her total Louis Vuitton prefall11 look is stunning (shoes, blouse, bag, skirt) wowwwww

 

Blogger Mertxe Hernàndez said ... (11:55 AM) : 

The bag is so cute.

www.mertxe-hernandez.com

 

Blogger Hawk said ... (10:28 AM) : 

I have fallen in love. Such a wonderful attitude spilling from that smile.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:32 AM) : 

Great legs, great hosiery. This is why we need to eradicate the bare leg look. Bueno!

 

Blogger Perennial Teenager said ... (3:15 AM) : 

There are some very similar shoes on the LV website - £700.

 

Anonymous manchester escorts said ... (9:01 PM) : 

I am green with envy!

 

Blogger Kim C. said ... (1:03 PM) : 

Someone thought the shoes are LV, but could they be these (at only $50.00)?:

http://www.modcloth.com/Womens/Shoes/Heels/-Grazing-Main-Street-Heels-in-Cocoa

 

Blogger elon said ... (1:08 PM) : 

I just spent way too much time trying to find the shoes! I just had a feeling they werent LV. But i couldnt track them down :-(

www.a-nothersalon.com

 

Blogger Custom Knit Treasures said ... (12:31 AM) : 

OMG all these pictures are amazing! I love your blog!

 

Anonymous Melanie said ... (10:20 PM) : 

I like her shoes. i would never wear them, but they work for her. I want to know what the red is coming from. Is it in the shirt of does she have on a cape thing??


Melanie

 

Blogger susana said ... (9:20 PM) : 

GORGEOUS DRESS!

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting