This page has moved to our new address, www.thesartorialist.com. If you're not redirected within a few seconds, please click below. If you still have issues, please clear your cache and try again.

On the Street....Little Yellow, Paris & Milan

 
 
 
 
 















Rss Feed

Links

Assignment Photography and Syndication

Gallerist

Categories

This entire site ⓒ 2005-2011 The Sartorialist. All of the photographs herein, unless otherwise noted, are copyrighted by the photographer. No part of this site, or any of the content contained herein, may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever without express permission of the copyright holder(s).



 

Thursday, April 07, 2011

On the Street....Little Yellow, Paris & Milan


Comments on "On the Street....Little Yellow, Paris & Milan"

 

Blogger Olivia said ... (2:34 PM) : 

nice those yellow pants

 

Blogger alessandra said ... (2:34 PM) : 

I like so much the second one style.

 

Blogger Danielle said ... (2:35 PM) : 

Wicked socks! :D

x

http://yonder-wonderland.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Eliza B. said ... (2:35 PM) : 

I've never been a huge fan of wearing yellow, but when paired with other patterned pieces (like the polka dot skirt)the concept of it is a little refreshing to me. Anyone else feel this way?

 

Blogger caribbelle said ... (2:37 PM) : 

I've been looking for similar yellow pants and I've had no luck. I'm resorting to just making them. Yellow is just one of those colors that lift your spirits...

 

Blogger Kathleen said ... (2:40 PM) : 

Yellow is the color of joy!

 

Anonymous salomé said ... (2:45 PM) : 

Looove the yellow, very nice these pics ;D

http://magmoiselle.fr

 

Anonymous Wanderbuster said ... (2:46 PM) : 

I love wearing yellow! Love both the jacket and esp the marigold slacks. I'm always surprised when people wear pants that are too long tho and are not tailored.

 

Blogger Vesuvian Woman said ... (2:47 PM) : 

Caribelle, Kathleen:

Yellow is bright and has great impact but, it is an irritant known to make babies cry. The key is tuning-in w/o turning it up. The second pictures illustrates this well. The pants are bright and non-radioactive ; )

 

Anonymous www.thepleat.com said ... (2:50 PM) : 

Yay! Length and volume. LOVE!

 

Anonymous meenal @ maison marigold said ... (2:50 PM) : 

Though none of the outfits are my style..this is my absolute favourite shade of yellow..with just a hint of red in it! xx meenal

 

Blogger comme fraiche said ... (2:53 PM) : 

I like the combination of blue mixed with yellow in both photos, very Spring like

 

Blogger Malo said ... (2:53 PM) : 

Just awesome... I love the many colors and adore the styles. Thanks for sharing.


Cheers,

Malo
http://www.ModaeAmor.com/
Twitter.com/ModaeAmor

...

 

Blogger Fashion Agony said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Love the layering on the second shot!

xoxo
http://fashionagony.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Stephanie Hjelmeseth said ... (2:55 PM) : 

These are amazing shots of color! I am so inspired by yellow.

http://stephliuuu.wordpress.com

 

Blogger the outfit diaries said ... (2:55 PM) : 

Hmm not a fan this yellow actually

 

Blogger Alice Olive said ... (2:58 PM) : 

I like this. It's an earthy yellow - more mustard.

 

Blogger Megan Hattie said ... (2:59 PM) : 

I remember seeing the first one during fashion week, such a neat combo of prints.

-Megan/themartiantide.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Elizabeth Jaime said ... (3:02 PM) : 

Love that mix of patterns and textures.

x Elizabeth / <a href="http://www.inbetweenseams.com>In Between Seams</a>

 

Blogger ALLAROUNDEVE said ... (3:10 PM) : 

Yellow. Clean and happy.

 

Blogger Agne/アグネ said ... (3:12 PM) : 

Are those socks by Vivienne Westwood? Looks neat ;)

 

Blogger emel said ... (3:14 PM) : 

i am not a huge yellow fan but these looks are cool for me

http://4m1k.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:21 PM) : 

Show the whole look,is more fun.

 

Blogger Nidhi said ... (3:34 PM) : 

I love the polka dot skirt and the purple socks ! An electric-starry mix of patterns and colours. Had no idea mustard pants could look so chique.. then again it depends what you pair 'em with. love the juxtaposing colors- black and yellow.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:36 PM) : 

La fiesta de disfraces dónde es?...

 

Blogger Click on Styles said ... (3:40 PM) : 

love the dot skirt and the yellow pants!! but im not so sure about the combination of this outfits!!

http://clickonstyles.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:46 PM) : 

Cool D

 

Blogger Sara said ... (3:53 PM) : 

The mix of patterns in the first photo is exquisite. I love yellow for this summer.

http://isabellasfashion.blogspot.com

 

Blogger sarah said ... (3:54 PM) : 

Loving the yellow pants!! It's making me want to go crazy with yellow for spring!

http://www.speakmylanguages.blogspot.com
Check out my Etsy shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/speakmydesigns

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4:08 PM) : 

Amazing powerfull colors and patchworks...

http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Naftali Stern said ... (4:25 PM) : 

Great yellow pants. It seems that baggy bottoms are slowly catching on again.

theBohmerian

 

Anonymous Alex Stoltze said ... (4:26 PM) : 

I love the socks in the first picture. Perfection. This is one of my favorite blogs featuring my favorite style of photography (street and fashion).

thepassiontheory.blogspot.com

 

Blogger Angeles Almuna said ... (4:29 PM) : 

My Mother's favorite color! She past away long time ago but always remember her yellow dress, amazing and she was, at that time, the only one to wear a dress like that.
Thank you for this photos!...now i need something yellow in my wardrobe to remember you and this wonderful post!
Kisses, love your work!

www.angelesalmuna.com
www.shopangelesalmuna.com

 

Blogger John B Pritchett said ... (4:30 PM) : 

The yellow coat in the first pic is nice but the whole look(with socks falling down) is too sloppy for me. The three-tiered layering in the 2nd pic is awkward.

 

Blogger jackie said ... (4:57 PM) : 

very fun layers!
the first pic is organized chaos... fun for sure!
i love the wrinkles in the second picture, kinda creates a lovelier picture with the shadows and all...
love the yellow in both!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:28 PM) : 

sorry to be a party pooper, especially since it is so lovely to see yellow on such a gray and dismal chicago day, but, not EVERYTHING goes together. It really takes a skilled hand to work pattern togethers, but perhaps even more importantly, the textures have to work. For me, neither outfit is working, but I can sympathize. It is APRIL and today I am sick to death of my grey wool skirt and tights (but it's still COLD and DAMP and did I mention GREY?) and am often in a quandary as to what to wear this time of year...both of these outfits have the seasons colliding into a bit of a mess...I do like that yellow, though...

 

Blogger yoshXL said ... (5:47 PM) : 

Both looks are a little too hobo for me.

 

Blogger MoandKa said ... (5:55 PM) : 

The first picture rock!

 

Blogger Jessie said ... (5:59 PM) : 

such a fabulous shade of mustard yellow. i love that. don't own anything in that specific shade but i like

http://wordbyjessie.com

 

Anonymous Emily B said ... (6:06 PM) : 

I love the eclectic ease and color combo of the outfits.

Not sure I would wear the look, but I gotta get me some yellow pants!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BossyMossyBeads?ref=pr_shop_more

 

Blogger Ray said ... (7:25 PM) : 

Love the mix of yellow & black in both snaps! Not easy to pull off without looking like a bumble bee but these two look great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:33 PM) : 

WHERE can I get those pants!?

 

Blogger Kacrates said ... (7:37 PM) : 

speechless in a good way ^.^

 

Blogger Ray said ... (7:43 PM) : 

They call me mellow yellow... sorry just had to. These two looks are casual and fun. Love the punchy hue in great patterns!

http://rayinthewindycity.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Apparel Therapy said ... (8:43 PM) : 

I absolutely LOVE the yellow pants! I wish I could see the full outfit, but it looks good from here!

 

Blogger hp said ... (9:12 PM) : 

Layers and Tiers! I so wish I have the height to carry tiered layers, especially like those in the 2nd picture, so cool!


http://le-chic-boutique.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:01 PM) : 

So, I'm scrolling down the pic- "Great, great...wait...No!!" the socks are unfortunate & horrible. Bummer.

 

Blogger Cybee said ... (11:08 PM) : 

I wouldn't incorporate this yellow in my wardrobe as the photos show, however I do appreciate the color after a long hard winter. I just bought a purse in a like yellow color for that very same reason!

 

Blogger yvo said ... (11:45 PM) : 

wow fab prints!

 

Blogger Le Vélo Noir said ... (12:54 AM) : 

On the second photo: I like the layering--of textures, of garment length, of color. The coat sums up the colors of the trousers and tunic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:00 AM) : 

The plaid in the second photo is pretty fabulous. I'd love to see the whole jacket.

 

Anonymous BlingDuckFashion said ... (1:09 AM) : 

i love the yellow trousers!

 

Blogger 1001 LOVELY THINGS said ... (2:12 AM) : 

I like more the first pic. I like the fresh combination with the skirt. I supposed I am a bit obsessed with long skirts :D

xOxO

http://1001lovelythings.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:53 AM) : 

I love the combination of the jacket and skirt. Reminds me of something my grandmother would wear.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:27 AM) : 

CHAOTIC COMBINATION!!!!

 

Blogger Siblings said ... (4:19 AM) : 

oooh i really like the yellow coat with the pok-a-dot skirt!

 

Blogger TheStreetFashion5xpro said ... (5:13 AM) : 

yellow is fantastic...you have a great eye

 

Anonymous Sweetu said ... (5:28 AM) : 

I don't like yellow color.But Now I think it doesn't look that much bad.I really love this black skirt with white dots.

 

Blogger Ljoli said ... (5:59 AM) : 

I love yellow, but neither of these outfits works for me. I could not think of a worse day to match a yellow jacket and a baggy skirt. Strangely, every part of the outfit is OK per se, but together they just do not produce the right result. There are much more joyous ways to wear yellow and make it stand out- stylishly.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:05 AM) : 

Wonderful balance of form and colour. Good enough to eat.

 

Blogger Katie said ... (6:57 AM) : 

Would love to know who the person in the 2nd outfit is with the mustard trousers? I love that outfit!

 

Blogger Mi Mundo Monicreque said ... (7:05 AM) : 

Yelow color¡¡¡¡¡¡ happy color¡¡¡¡

 

Anonymous Bench Jacke said ... (8:13 AM) : 

Wow, nice Snapshots ad really cool outfits!

 

Blogger vintage1944 said ... (8:44 AM) : 

Ugh.

 

Anonymous FaBoutique said ... (9:18 AM) : 

Great combination of patterns! Do you dare?!

 

Blogger Eliška said ... (9:29 AM) : 

I dont like these combinations at all :)

 

Blogger Milica said ... (9:52 AM) : 

Love it!

www.modeuncover.com

 

Blogger My Unfinished Life said ... (10:38 AM) : 

love the yellow flares..one gotto have kickass attitude to wear those..in my country(india)..one actor called Govinda is very famous for wearing it in his movies...yellow pants and pink shirt..its become his trademark style!!!

 

Blogger no-more-wire-hangers said ... (11:29 AM) : 

LOVE THOSE YELLOW FLARES!!!!!!!

come visit me in Tokyo! :)

http://no-more-wire-hangers.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Mrs Vintage said ... (11:40 AM) : 

Amazing YELLOW!!

www.mrsvintagehk.blogspot.com

 

Anonymous Maryanne said ... (2:52 PM) : 

trend alert:
layering,pattern clashes and sweeping maxi skirts or billowing trousers.
some looks translate better in other cities than they might in manhattan.
i couldn't picture street sweeping maxis in nyc..not during the day at least...yet they work beautifully in eurpoean cities.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:54 PM) : 

Nice color!
http://wearestyle-fever.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Carnivorous Seaweed said ... (4:51 PM) : 

Lovely crazy cat lady feel on the first picture.

 

Blogger saradowle said ... (4:52 PM) : 

Yummy mustard! And what a sweet, long, spotty skirt!

 

Blogger stilllemonade said ... (5:25 PM) : 

I love these layer thing!! It makes design enjoyable;exiting;surprising!
Kisses

http://today-sunnyday.blogspot.com/

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:31 PM) : 

I consider myself to have a fairly open mind when it comes to mixing up disparate things, but I hate that first outfit. Came to those sneakers and thought, well that about does it for me...just plain ugly.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (4:24 AM) : 

These two shots are so interesting!

www.inloveiwascreated.blogspot.com

 

Blogger The Food Girls said ... (10:20 AM) : 

The second outfit is DIVINE!!! Those bright yellow pants, the white shirt...the texture of the jacket. Sigh. Heaven. Just Heaven...

 

Blogger Shannon Elle said ... (12:38 PM) : 

This yellow seems to be on its way (as well as orange). Chanel is releasing some yellow nail polishes very similar to this for summer 2011, one is called, "Mimosa".

Orange and yellow take me to 1960's and early 1970's style. Love it.

http://branchandroot.blogspot.com
Express Our Branches
Nourish Our Roots

 

Blogger kz said ... (1:20 PM) : 

Okay. Yellow. Great photo. Terrible fashion.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:42 PM) : 

i love trying to imagine what the woman in the polka-dot skirt and yellow quilted blazer looks like. the converse and sock suggest a young, off-beat girl but in milan it truly could be someone of any age. love this photo, thanks for leaving something to the imagination!

 

Anonymous ellequinn said ... (8:24 PM) : 

I love the idea of the pattern mixing in the first picture, and the tint of the pants in the second. However, neither of these looks are flattering and they both look very unkempt in not a good way... very messy. If one clothing item is over-sized it only makes sense that the rest of the outfit should be fitted or tailored, otherwise you look like you're wearing clothes that don't fit you. Also, the length of the hem on that skirt is just crying for heels or really nice flats, not converse. Sorry to be such a negative nelly but felt it had to be pointed out ;)

 

Blogger Zizzi said ... (4:30 AM) : 

wonderful yellow!

http://ilmondodizizzi.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger Mertxe Hernàndez said ... (12:20 PM) : 

I like the style. The socks I love it

http://mertxehernandez.blogspot.com/

 

Blogger 4eyeblogabout said ... (10:34 AM) : 

I consider myself quite open minded when it comes to fashion I have nothing that is yellow in my closet, with exception of a yellow pashmina; for a touch of sunshine :) I like the quirkiness of the first outfit and thought the 2nd was rather clumsy (too baggy perhaps), I do appreciate the effort on texture.

 

Blogger steph said ... (12:35 AM) : 

Sorry - the first picture with the long skirt and converse is way to Ally Sheedy from the Breakfast Club for my taste!

 

Anonymous Pajama Jeans said ... (4:30 PM) : 

Thanks for the post and pictures. What vibrant yellow colors!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:36 PM) : 

Its not the YELLOW that matters, but the WIDENESS.

 

post a comment
Newer Posts Older Posts
Best Web Hosting